WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: When do you put up your Christmas Tree?
  • 5.7% - A week before Christmas. 125
  • 12.7% - Two weeks before Christmas. 280
  • 23.1% - First week of December. 509
  • 28.9% - The day after Thanksgiving. 636
  • 9.1% - It's already up. 201
  • 7.9% - Never. I don't celebrate Christmas. 174
  • 12.7% - Never. I do Christmas at someone else's house, so I don't need my own tree. 279
2204 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Had a Solstice tree decorating party for awhile. Good compromise between day after Thanksgiving and day before Christmas traditions.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

After Thanksgiving, first week of December usually.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

I quit putting one up last year due to no help with setup or takedown, but lots of crankiness about how I decorated, etc. No one's shifted themselves since, so it must not have been too important.

Meanwhile, I have plenty of time to make dishes for other people's parties. Om nom nom.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

You don't really mean people take them down? You're supposed to leave them up all year long, aren't you? You know, like the Christmas lights, you just turn those on at Christmas but you leave them up all year.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada
lonelypond wrote:Had a Solstice tree decorating party for awhile. Good compromise between day after Thanksgiving and day before Christmas traditions.

Good for you.

I've sent out Merry Winter Solstice cards since 1986...it seems to do the trick.

mikewww

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikewww

We put up a Christmas Tree every year until shortly after I discovered Woot........ Now I have no extra room for a tree in the house :-(

trixierix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trixierix

People who decorate for Christmas before thanksgiving shouldn't be allowed to celebrate anything.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

I do not participate in the XMASRF (eXcessive Money Always Spent in Retail Frenzy) celebration, but I do quietly observe a certain Christian holiday near the end of December.

Right now, my attention is focused on joining my family on Thursday in what is now known as "The Feast of Black Friday Eve".

(Me? Jaded? Maybe a little)

orchidluvr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orchidluvr
balisane wrote:I quit putting one up last year due to no help with setup or takedown, but lots of crankiness about how I decorated, etc. No one's shifted themselves since, so it must not have been too important.

Meanwhile, I have plenty of time to make dishes for other people's parties. Om nom nom.

Word. I had a minor operation around Xmas time a few years back. I couldn't get up to get all that stuff out and throw it on the tree which I usually did unaided. No one else was up to the task, so I said goodbye to ever doing it again without help. I certainly don't care, and it appears no one else cares enough to at least help! So to heck with it!

I make a mean peppermint bark, though.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

Just put it up Sunday and decorated it last night. Thanksgiving is a bit late this year, so we went ahead and did it. Normally it is the weekend after turkey day. Now when will I get lights up is the real question. 20 degrees with a fair wind is no fun to climb around a steep roof.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 22 Private Messages BelyndaG

I had to lie on the poll and say the first week in December. That is when I would LIKE to put it up, but DH is something of a Scrooge in that matter and keeps putting me off until the last minute. We have been known to put up a tree the day before Christmas and take it down the day after. Too much work for too little time, as far as I'm concerned. I need a full MONTH of Christmas tree!

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

No Christmas tree yet, but the festivus pole is up.

lol, ntrly.

Insert signature here.

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e

Our family tradition is to put it up the night before Christmas, i.e. shortly after buying it.

We typically take it down before Easter though, depending on the state of the needles.

gwal01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwal01

We put our tree up in July. No reason just the way we live our lives. Gotta go, we are getting ready to hide the Easter eggs.

glitteringloke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glitteringloke
0ldeag1e wrote:Our family tradition is to put it up the night before Christmas, i.e. shortly after buying it.

We typically take it down before Easter though, depending on the state of the needles.

Me too, it's a Christmas Eve tradition. but it's a fake tree that's at least 40 years old and still looks great. Comes down sometime in January.

gingertalls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingertalls

After Thanksgiving Dinner.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

The Festivus pole is up. Good enough for me.

wcgems

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcgems

Technically I never took it down from last year.

citrixmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citrixmeister

1998. two years before the lights. i'm thinking about changing bulbs this year, but I certainly don't want to do anything rash.

terrifictigger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrifictigger

Woot you forgot to include a Christmas Eve option. would love it get the tree up before that but it just never works out.

jeffredo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeffredo

I'm single, so I don't go overboard decorating my house for Christmas. I do put out a few odds and ends, but a full-blow tree? Nah...

Tamshin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamshin

When I was growing up, we would go out and buy a tree on Christmas Eve, and then spend the evening decorating the tree. It was a great family tradition.

Sometimes my dad would have us round up a few of our friends so that he could get the "Onerous Massive Family Gathering, you have 10 kids" discount