WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: When do you eat your Thanksgiving Meal?
  • 22.5% - Between noon and 2pm. It should be lunch. 348
  • 46.6% - Between 2 and 4pm. It should be a late lunch. 722
  • 19.9% - Between 5 and 8. It should be dinner. 308
  • 11% - Every day for a month after Thanksgiving. Seriously, I always end up with 4 tons of leftovers. 171
1549 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

Not at all this year,,though I might hit the diner in the afternoon. I think the only reason we never made it a late lunch is because my brother would be two hours late to his own funeral.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Time is a thing? I eat all day.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

lichme

quality posts: 2673 Private Messages lichme
manhandsha wrote:Time is a thing? I eat all day.

I second that. Eat, nap, eat, nap.

trixierix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trixierix

We say grace around 12 and then the eating begins. Family and friends trickle in all thought the day and night bringing goodies. We're a huge family and all friends are invited. We eat all day.

bruceroni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bruceroni

Dinner is the largest meal of the day.

watercat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watercat

We eat twice on Thanksgiving - for lunch with my dad's family, and for dinner at my mom's house.

Food overload! =P

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain

Huge, heavy meal for late lunch. Often, eating even breakfast is forbidden; you should be Hungry when you sit down for Thanksgiving repast.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Well....seeing as how I have to be at work at 4 friggin %#$@ %#$@& pm, I'll probably eat around 1 or 2pm.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid

As a show of appreciation for Woot (and since I won't be checking tomorrow), I will answer each poll today honestly instead of trying to confuse their demographic analyzer with subtle lies about who am I and what I do.

myrddinemrys

quality posts: 3 Private Messages myrddinemrys

Historically, I have a Thanksgiving meal with Mom/step-dad (and some of their families) kinda early (3-ish, sometimes as late as 4pm!), socialize for a bit, watch a little football... Then I drive for an hour to another state, where Dad and step-mom are hosting both their families for an 8-ish dinner, and some more football (followed by drinks at the bar, a little TV, or maybe a movie, till people head home, and I head to bed in my old room with Star Wars and Muppet Show posters on the walls).

It's a tough life, but someone's gotta do it. Right? :-)

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

We do good to eat dinner before midnight most years. We have never eaten a dinner as a family before 8 as far as I can remember. There have been years where we have had to forgo the turkey a couple times because we didn't start cooking it soon enough.

Mandarista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mandarista

Where is the "never" option?
People are free to think of me what they will, but I don't "do" holidays. ANY holiday :P

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Starts with breakfast (pie & coffee)

Resumes with snacks around noon, the main WONDERFUL Thanksgiving at 1 or 2pm.

Football. Beer or Scotch.

Leftovers. Oh, the wonderful leftovers.

ps. Please! Don't shop on Thanksgiving day.