WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

These prices are so low, it's like they're in a pit of despair!

Subscribe to Woot's Youtube channel and never avoid another one of our videos!

curtise


quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

Aaaaand, here we go!
Sleep is for the weak!

Must... Stay.... Awakzzzzzzzzzz
-=C=-

shortman


quality posts: 46 Private Messages shortman

For some reason I don't feel like shopping. Oh, I know, I'll watch the wootoff! Ha.

ninjonxb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjonxb

This is my first time participating in a woot-off (and plan to a decent amount today) and I am wondering how shipping works.
Do I pay the shipping on each purchase or does it all combine into one order at the end of the day?

lichme


quality posts: 2836 Private Messages lichme
ninjonxb wrote:This is my first time participating in a woot-off (and plan to a decent amount today) and I am wondering how shipping works.
Do I pay the shipping on each purchase or does it all combine into one order at the end of the day?



You pay $5 shipping (unless you upgrade) for each order (everything that is in your cart at the time of checkout). If you make more than one order, you will pay the shipping price again.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ninjonxb wrote:This is my first time participating in a woot-off (and plan to a decent amount today) and I am wondering how shipping works.
Do I pay the shipping on each purchase or does it all combine into one order at the end of the day?



Per the Checkout page:
"One $5 charge covers standard shipping to a single address for everything in your cart.

That’s right. Your five bucks buys you standard shipping for your entire order, as long as it’s all going to the same address.

That goes for any order, of any size, from any site in the Wootosphere. Buy from Woot, then grab a new tee at Shirt.Woot. Shop for the kids at Kids.Woot and yourself at Home.Woot. One $5 charge ships it all.

Expedited shipping costs more, of course. And if you want your stuff shipped to multiple addresses, you’ll have to break those into different orders. But one order, one address? One shipping charge. Easy, right?"

petrosrex


quality posts: 1 Private Messages petrosrex

So dark... My soul, it hurts.

Smink8063


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Smink8063

What is up with you guys today? Junk and ridiculous prices of all days????????

andrwfrman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrwfrman

SO do they generally offer TV's during a woot off?

Pharaohseven


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pharaohseven

Come on! Someone buy these averagely priced monitors so they can bring out the good stuff!

lizellis22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizellis22

There was a while when all shipping within 24 hours was $5, and that was really helpful during woot-offs. Is that over?

ROGETRAY wrote:Per the Checkout page:
"One $5 charge covers standard shipping to a single address for everything in your cart.

That’s right. Your five bucks buys you standard shipping for your entire order, as long as it’s all going to the same address.

That goes for any order, of any size, from any site in the Wootosphere. Buy from Woot, then grab a new tee at Shirt.Woot. Shop for the kids at Kids.Woot and yourself at Home.Woot. One $5 charge ships it all.

Expedited shipping costs more, of course. And if you want your stuff shipped to multiple addresses, you’ll have to break those into different orders. But one order, one address? One shipping charge. Easy, right?"



ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lizellis22 wrote:There was a while when all shipping within 24 hours was $5, and that was really helpful during woot-offs. Is that over?


Yes. But to help out, we add extra plus sales so you can stuff your cart ahead of time while waiting for that perfect woot deal.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

markisj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages markisj

Cant purchase anything with servers clogged and new security crap going on..

Jeff

scubaslim


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubaslim

is it too much to ask for a low-end large screen tv for under $250? so far black friday week has been a huge bust...

popeye11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages popeye11

Definitely need to upgrade their servers or something as it takes way too long to checkout. I bought a shirt and battery backup thingy and it showed up in my 'stuff bought' section for like 20 mins then all of a sudden its gone. No shirt and no battery thingy. Dont know what happened and of course nobody to call. Sent an email but by the time it gets answered I cant rebuy the woot off items if purchase didnt go through.
Bleh!

Popeye11

caramelarrow


quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Bad, woot, bad. My Instacharge battery charger was in my Stuff You Bought page and now it's gone. What the bleep is going on? Seems like your internal processor is on the fritz. Fix it, please. I want my charger.

07/11/14

kb3pxr


quality posts: 1 Private Messages kb3pxr
caramelarrow wrote:Bad, woot, bad. My Instacharge battery charger was in my Stuff You Bought page and now it's gone. What the bleep is going on? Seems like your internal processor is on the fritz. Fix it, please. I want my charger.



Hopefully they will get it taken care of before the Basket of Cranberries.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Whoa order volume is crazy and it is causing issues with our ordering system.

We are working on it right now and will get back to you as soon as we have solved it.

Apologies for the problems.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theyoonion


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theyoonion
caramelarrow wrote:Bad, woot, bad. My Instacharge battery charger was in my Stuff You Bought page and now it's gone. What the bleep is going on? Seems like your internal processor is on the fritz. Fix it, please. I want my charger.



had the same problem, bought the instacharger, it was in my 'stuff you bought' section, now it's gone. Hope they don't still charge me for it :/

hall1216


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hall1216

After I placed an order today - the processing screen said it may take awhile, and if I didn't feel like waiting to look for my order under my account later. With the processing window still running, I looked at my account a few minutes later and my order from today showed up. So I closed my browser. Now hours later, I don't see my order! Did I lose it by closing the processing window?

DarkZrobe


quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
ThunderThighs wrote:Whoa order volume is crazy and it is causing issues with our ordering system.

We are working on it right now and will get back to you as soon as we have solved it.

Apologies for the problems.



So should we bother trying to buy things if they are just going to disappear? I also lost my purchases. Kinda crap.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hall1216 wrote:After I placed an order today - the processing screen said it may take awhile, and if I didn't feel like waiting to look for my order under my account later. With the processing window still running, I looked at my account a few minutes later and my order from today showed up. So I closed my browser. Now hours later, I don't see my order! Did I lose it by closing the processing window?



There is a chance your order dropped during the processing page, but it's odd that it did show up.
I would write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They should be able to answer any questions or concerns you have.

dernst_ca1


quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
DarkZrobe wrote:So should we bother trying to buy things if they are just going to disappear? I also lost my purchases. Kinda crap.



that happened to me!!!
On the $1.99 plus site
ordered and now gone
and now sold out

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

msemlow


quality posts: 4 Private Messages msemlow

Has anyone ever actually seen or been able to buy a Basket of Cranberries? I think it's an Urban Legend.

StaceyVail


quality posts: 0 Private Messages StaceyVail

Woot -- You can see that many people purchased products on your site today and were likely not the LAST folks to purchase those products.

You're a first come, first served kind of site... aren't you?!? Isn't that the whole point of Woot's % available monitoring on every page?!?!?

So I attempted to process my purchase when yous still had PLENTY of stock, yet you GAVE my purchase to someone who came along later because your system had a glitch.

That's not acceptable. Fix it, or I'm done being your customer. And I'm a loudmouth, so I'll tell all my friends, family, etc.

It's understandable that issues arise from time to time, but you've got to resolve those issues in a way that reflects how you'd normally do business. First come, first served.

mm20


quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20
msemlow wrote:Has anyone ever actually seen or been able to buy a Basket of Cranberries? I think it's an Urban Legend.



It is nowadays, after that other company took over.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mm20 wrote:It is nowadays, after that other company took over.


Oh pfffffft. We've had quite a few of them. Ten were give out just today in the Haiku thread.

We are using different ways to sell them besides just offering them in Woot-Offs which tend to kinda bust the servers.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

StaceyVail wrote:Woot -- You can see that many people purchased products on your site today and were likely not the LAST folks to purchase those products.

You're a first come, first served kind of site... aren't you?!? Isn't that the whole point of Woot's % available monitoring on every page?!?!?

So I attempted to process my purchase when yous still had PLENTY of stock, yet you GAVE my purchase to someone who came along later because your system had a glitch.

That's not acceptable. Fix it, or I'm done being your customer. And I'm a loudmouth, so I'll tell all my friends, family, etc.

It's understandable that issues arise from time to time, but you've got to resolve those issues in a way that reflects how you'd normally do business. First come, first served.


We are very sorry for this frustrating experience. The truth is that the orders stopped processing properly due to the high order volume and the system was trying to sell more than we had on hand. We just didn't have the inventory to sell in some cases. We would have loved to sell all of you the deal, but we can't so we are trying to do what we can to make it up to you.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mm20


quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh pfffffft. We've had quite a few of them. Ten were give out just today in the Haiku thread.

We are using different ways to sell them besides just offering them in Woot-Offs which tend to kinda bust the servers.



I like you. More of the staff should strive to be as humorous as you. Cheers.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mm20 wrote:I like you. More of the staff should strive to be as humorous as you. Cheers.


Aw, thanks. I like you too.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

renrutnairbwoot


quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
mm20 wrote:It is nowadays, after that other company took over.



I just got one yesterday through the Holiday Haiku Challenge. Think this is my 10th Bag of Crap and all of them have been since they were bought by that "other" company.

caramelarrow


quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

More than 24 hours. No charger back in Stuff You Bought. No coupon for the screw-up. No nothing. Your Great and Powerful AZ has them, just get some more.

07/11/14

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

caramelarrow wrote:More than 24 hours. No charger back in Stuff You Bought. No coupon for the screw-up. No nothing. Your Great and Powerful AZ has them, just get some more.


Sorry for the frustration. Email support@wootcom for assistance. There's more info in the product thread.

Also, we're an independent subsidiary. We can't just sell their inventory.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

llynch99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages llynch99
lizellis22 wrote:There was a while when all shipping within 24 hours was $5, and that was really helpful during woot-offs. Is that over?




Yup. Amazon taking over. Sad day for us Wooters. Sad, sad day...

llynch99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages llynch99
DarkZrobe wrote:So should we bother trying to buy things if they are just going to disappear? I also lost my purchases. Kinda crap.



I lost my purchases. So re-ordered, now see two of them. Sent support a note yesterday a.m. but have heard nothing. I hear that's now the norm. Sucky experience this time around. Does anyone know of an alternative site to Woot? I miss the old one. mighty AZ has killed the joy. sigh.

bsmith1


quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
llynch99 wrote:Yup. Amazon taking over. Sad day for us Wooters. Sad, sad day...



Nothing to do with amazon. It was $5 shipping on every item before Amazon. Remember the saying "always buy 3"? That was to maximize savings by getting 3 items shipped for $5. Now can load the cart up for $5! You best thank amazon for the cart option now.

Edit: OK so maybe amazon changed them to sell so many things at once, but you still have more options with $5 per cart shipping vs classic woot.