lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Apple 5W USB Power Adapter - 2 Pack
Price: $14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 3028 Private Messages lichme

Item Preview:

Item: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter - 2 Pack
Price: $14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New
Read the Blog - Buy It

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/16/2013 - $14.99 (Woot-off) - 11 comment(s)

11/27/2013 - $14.99 (Woot Plus)
10/28/2013 - $14.99 (Woot Plus)

afcraiders2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afcraiders2000

Yawn

Gotweed04

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Gotweed04

Am I the only one who thinks that this has been an extremely disappointing black Friday Woot Off?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Please note that these will most likely be bulk packaged (plastic wrap or something) and not retail packaged.

Still authentic.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Johnisme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Johnisme
Gotweed04 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that this has been an extremely disappointing black Friday Woot Off?

I agree. I am shopping from germany for my family in america because I wont get to be there this year but this has been really bad. Like, "terrible crap I don't want to buy at TJ Max" bad....

andrewshulman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewshulman

Here is the compatibility list.

Note: unless you have an iPad mini, this ain't the Apple power adapter for you

bobbyb0322

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bobbyb0322

Woot off's have become real snoozers. This is a perfect example.

I remember about two years ago during any Woot Off there would be lots of conversation in the comments sections and excitement especially for the big sale around Thanksgiving. NO longer, Amazon killed this place.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Shipping kills the "value" here even if you buy the limit. Very mediocre reviews on the Apple site.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

afcraiders2000 wrote:Yawn

If you're gonna say that, at least add a gif that makes everyone else yawn too.

//give evil snicker

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bobbyb0322

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bobbyb0322
andrewshulman wrote:Here is the compatibility list.

Note: unless you have an iPad mini, this ain't the Apple power adapter for you

They work for other devices as well. They will work for a new iPad it will just charge really slowly since it is only 5W. I'm not sure why iPhones aren't listed as they use a 5w charger just like this.

masterr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages masterr

I'm guessing that's 5 watts at 5 volts? So a 1 amp charger? I'll pass and stick with my 2A.

amandamichelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amandamichelle

Stocking stuffers for your mom and little sister.

eggsalad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggsalad

I don't think I've bought a thing from Woot since the takeover. But like a bad car wreck, I can't stop looking.

afcraiders2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afcraiders2000
ThunderThighs wrote:If you're gonna say that, at least add a gif that makes everyone else yawn too.

//give evil snicker

Nice!!

scubaslim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scubaslim

i feel like i was misled... wasn't today hyped as having super fantastic better than usual deals? this is probably the worst woot off i've ever seen...

NapalmDeath

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NapalmDeath
masterr wrote:I'm guessing that's 5 watts at 5 volts? So a 1 amp charger? I'll pass and stick with my 2A.

5 watts would be 5 volts at 1 amp

Really woot? These are available on ebay for $1.00-$1.50 each shipped. Sure they may not be the "Apple" branded but they're the same thing. At nearly $10 each your price is a bit off the mark.

massoluk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages massoluk
amandamichelle wrote:Stocking stuffers for your mom and little sister.

Joke or not, I laughed.

giorgitd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages giorgitd
eggsalad wrote:I don't think I've bought a thing from Woot since the takeover. But like a bad car wreck, I can't stop looking.

Same here, although I have a couple of purchases rather than zero, since the new Pilgrims have arrived.

Still, it would be *easy* to regenerate some enthusiasm. Why not offer something popular at a unbelievably (low!) price. Even if the quantity was not large, the reward to Wooters (and publicity, for the right item/price) would make it worthwhile in the long run. New Xbox for $49.00. You're welcome.

bett20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bett20

By Woot-Off standards this is very lackluster. For a Black Friday Woot-Off this is just pathetic. love you woot, maybe the rest of the day will be "off the chain"

kb3pxr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kb3pxr
NapalmDeath wrote:5 watts would be 5 volts at 1 amp

Really woot? These are available on ebay for $1.00-$1.50 each shipped. Sure they may not be the "Apple" branded but they're the same thing. At nearly $10 each your price is a bit off the mark.

I would gladly pay $10 for a GENUINE Apple charger. The cheap ones you find on eBay can short out in such a way that it can make the case of your phone or other device live at a high voltage and KILL whoever touches it. It has happened and that's why Apple ran that replacement campaign as damage control.

The threats of counterfeits is real. You can trust the ones you buy at most retailers (Wal-Mart, RadioShack, your cellular carrier for example), but stay away from Amazon (I'm surprised they allow it) and eBay.

Davidm122

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Davidm122
NapalmDeath wrote:

Actually not, there have been teardowns showing that many of the imitation chargers tend to be cheaply constructed, poorly functioning and in some cases dangerous. See this roundup, and optionally follow links to the teardowns for each product...

http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-dozen-usb-chargers-in-lab-apple-is.html

Of course, there's no guarantee the chargers being sold here are authentic either. There are counterfit versions that look virtually identical to the originals, and since these are in bulk packaging, there might be no way to tell for sure short of tearing them apart. And even if they are authentic, I agree that $20 is a bit much for a pair of USB chargers.