lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Insta-Bed Suregrip Airbed with Pump
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

Item Preview:

Item: Insta-Bed Suregrip Airbed with Pump
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New
Read the Blog - Buy It

Search Amazon Search Google

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

Check out some good reviews at Walmart
See some more info on the Product Page

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino

Where were the flying monkeys?! Oh woot, woot, woot.. how the mighty have fallen.

martinbogo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages martinbogo

So, where is the woot off?

papernoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papernoose

I know I read there would be a woot off Friday AND Saturday.......hhhmmm

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

martinbogo wrote:So, where is the woot off?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

papernoose wrote:I know I read there would be a woot off Friday AND Saturday.......hhhmmm

//whispers Monday

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DanGrossman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DanGrossman

Hopefully they saved all the good stuff for Cyber Monday. That woot-off was disappointing.

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio

Man, I wishing I wasn't pinching pennies. I have two airbeds, and both are the uncomfortable surface of "divots." The "Oval coil and I-beam construction for added comfort" seems much better! plus this one is in between the thickness of the other two, which I'd gladly dump for something like this. I has a sad.

cascade2k

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cascade2k

Bought one the last time it was on woot and, in summary, it's great on carpet and terrible on laminate or wood floors. On the carpet I could get it just right in terms of inside/outside chamber balance. On hardwood I had to up the pressure so much to keep it from moving it felt like sleeping in a valley. Probably a good buy if you've got a lot of carpet in your home.

nesiebug

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nesiebug

Question: Do you have to keep it plugged up & running the entire time to ensure it stays inflated? Or can you inflate it, then turn it off and it keeps it's pressure?

Edit: nevermind...Just saw Conan's video

Hmmm....OK then...Does this one not regulate the pressure then?

[MOD: That video was for a different model and different pump.]

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
Tarantino wrote:Where were the flying monkeys?! Oh woot, woot, woot.. how the mighty have fallen.

There were some flying monkeys earlier in the month:
http://www.woot.com/plus/gag-gifts-xmas-lulz

ThunderThighs

Staff

Tarantino wrote:Where were the flying monkeys?! Oh woot, woot, woot.. how the mighty have fallen.

I think there were supposed to be some but the problems earlier in the day got us behind schedule. Sorry.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3332 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Go questions? Check out the FAQ and let's check out the care and instructions

robio

quality posts: 41 Private Messages robio

How about weight & dimensions when deflated? How hard is this thing to lug around?

DanGrossman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DanGrossman
robio wrote:How about weight & dimensions when deflated? How hard is this thing to lug around?

From Amazon: 21.5 x 16 x 10 inches ; 24 pounds

goatcrapp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp

I slept on one of these 3x a week while renovating a house... was fairly comfortable and didn't leave my back hurting. Perfectly acceptable as a guest mattress, etc.

eq5150

quality posts: 6 Private Messages eq5150

How insta' is it? How long does it take to inflate?

TABarbour

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TABarbour
eq5150 wrote:How insta' is it? How long does it take to inflate?

According to the blogger review someone posted, it takes ~90 seconds to inflate.

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

Anyone in a long term relationship (I won't use the word "married" since it doesn't mean anything any more) needs one of these for those occasional times when you need a little distance. I guess you'd need a piece of carpet to roll out on the garage floor too. Still cheaper than a night in a hotel.

dave88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dave88
TABarbour wrote:According to the blogger review someone posted, it takes ~90 seconds to inflate.

Wow, that's fast. Is it loud?

lspector

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lspector

Have had two of these (because I'm a slow learner). Great for kids who won't jump on it, or lightweight adults. Should come with a weight limit. In our house, if you put a combined approx. 300 lbs on it, it will be dead after 3-4 days. Exactly the same amount of time both tries, so it's reproducible.

sc369

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sc369
dave88 wrote:Wow, that's fast. Is it loud?

It is pretty loud -- almost like running a vacuum cleaner. When I use it for guests, I try to inflate it during normal hours so as not to disturb my neighbors in the next apartment.

I still like mine a lot. I bought it about 5 years ago for this price on Amazon, and it got a lot of use in the beginning, and sporadically since then. It's pretty comfortable to sleep on.

It developed a leak recently and would deflate significantly by the middle of the night. I was about to throw it away, but then I found Coghlan's 8880 Airstop, which works great for repairing small holes. I found and repaired THREE separate holes and now it's back to working like new! Five years out of an air mattress is more than I expected.

NJ_Bob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NJ_Bob
DanGrossman wrote:From Amazon: 21.5 x 16 x 10 inches ; 24 pounds

24 pounds is pretty heavy, but it's because the materials are good quality and they weigh. Keep it near where you plan on using it and drag it across the floor. It fills up remarkably fast.

NJ_Bob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NJ_Bob
lorenzodemedici wrote:Still cheaper than a night in a hotel.

Cheaper than a sleeper-sofa too. And, weighs a heck of a lot less.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

"Built in pump"
Here - let me fix that for you:
"Built in leaks"

Just had 3 houseguests for the week on my, oh, 11th or 12th "This one doesn't leak!!" inflatable bed.

It leaked.

DanGrossman wrote:That woot-off was disappointing.

You must be new here - let me show you around the place since Amazon took the reins....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

Rudedog753

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Rudedog753
Pufferfishy wrote:"Built in pump"
Here - let me fix that for you:
"Built in leaks"

Just had 3 houseguests for the week on my, oh, 11th or 12th "This one doesn't leak!!" inflatable bed.

It leaked.

You must be new here - let me show you around the place since Amazon took the reins....

Same manufacturer as this WOOT offering?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Just curious....

I slept on a different brand, single layer air bed at my niece's place last year. After a couple of days, I needed to refill the bed. I put it down to some stretching after using it regularly for a couple days, not leaks. After I filled it, it was fine for the next few days.

Could that be what some of you are seeing?

Michkayaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Michkayaker
DanGrossman wrote:Hopefully they saved all the good stuff for Cyber Monday. That woot-off was disappointing.

Is it just me or are there others that miss the old woot? The anticipation of checking out the day's item first thing in the morning. Now Woot is watered down with 10 categories and multiple sub-categories and it is a general ho-hum. It is like looking at the ads in the sunday paper...

RBMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RBMaster

I don't see a battery... just the built in pump... so it looks like this isn't good for camping, just your living room, or garage... Comments?

Rudedog753

sc369 wrote:It is pretty loud -- almost like running a vacuum cleaner. When I use it for guests, I try to inflate it during normal hours so as not to disturb my neighbors in the next apartment.

I still like mine a lot. I bought it about 5 years ago for this price on Amazon, and it got a lot of use in the beginning, and sporadically since then. It's pretty comfortable to sleep on.

It developed a leak recently and would deflate significantly by the middle of the night. I was about to throw it away, but then I found Coghlan's 8880 Airstop, which works great for repairing small holes. I found and repaired THREE separate holes and now it's back to working like new! Five years out of an air mattress is more than I expected.

I don't worry about my neighbors much. They believe that gun free zone stuff and are harmless. I'm going to go in for one on your otherwise positive review.

riponfrosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riponfrosh
Rudedog753 wrote:I don't worry about my neighbors much. They believe that gun free zone stuff and are harmless.

Wow you sound like a great neighbor....

"Yeah, my neighbors don't believe in shooting disrespectful/noisy people, unlike my manly self, so screw them. Do you have a louder air mattress?"

In for 1...

Rudedog753

riponfrosh wrote:Wow you sound like a great neighbor....

"Yeah, my neighbors don't believe in shooting disrespectful/noisy people, unlike my manly self, so screw them. Do you have a louder air mattress?"

In for 1...

No I don't have one yet. That's why I bought this one. You are also suggesting that I am not a responsible adult and assigning thoughts to me. I will tell you I think this is a steal of a deal and I can't wait until it is delivered. Yay WOOT!

sixfoldchord

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sixfoldchord

Snagged one of these awhile back as a backup for family visiting town; everyone has slept well and said they were comfortable, and I've dozed off on it once or twice myself. One thing I've learned though, if you like to have your house at all chilly it's a good idea to put a blanket under the sheet to insulate from the chilly air you are sleeping on. Also seems quite durable enough to last a long time, provided we succeed in keeping the cat away from it.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 16 Private Messages daveinwarshington

This bed has a bonus.
If you get tired of your 'visitors', poke a hole in an easy-to-repair area.
They get tired of fighting it, and go home.

theco2

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theco2
riponfrosh wrote:Wow you sound like a great neighbor....

In for 1...

Ehh... Who needs a louder mattress, when your woman is really...
Oh never mind.

ddflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddflip

you can buy an adapter for your car's cigarette lighter and blow it up that way. that's what we do when we can't get a tent site with electricity. BTW - when the air outside the mattress is cold, the air inside the mattress gets cold and it compresses (like tires in the winter). that could be why some of you think they leak.