tomquincy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomquincy
woojap wrote:The ones you posted are only a pack of 48 whereas Woot's are 72 in a pack. If you only buy one pack, that's $0.28 each including on Woot vs. $0.27 each on Amazon, assuming you have Prime, which obviously costs $79/year. I LOVE Prime, but I'm just saying that would have to be factored into the equation somehow. Obviously not a big difference. If you were needing multiple packs, however, Woot is actually a better deal for $0.23 each ($49.97 total for 216 AA batteries). If you need the quantity, I'd say it's worth it to give these a try.

But on the compare batteries site, the Maxell were better than the Sony's so the deal is better in cost and performance.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
mkentosh wrote:These came with my new SONY digital camera. It is a 20mp camera, so I thought they would last a few days. Nope....they lasted for 3 months!

Did you take any photos ?

wilme2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilme2
shirlema wrote:Last time I bought cheap batteries here on Woot, I got these Fuji batteries that fully drain in a feasting TV remote in weeks... I would be highly suspect of these

I bought some Panasonic batteries here on Woot not to long ago and feel like they lasted about 1/2 as long as they should have...

pirateink757

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirateink757
wilme2 wrote:I bought some Panasonic batteries here on Woot not to long ago and feel like they lasted about 1/2 as long as they should have...

So if you bought a bad product from a grocery store, would you never buy any other similar product (even different brands) in the same category from that store ever again? Doesn't it make more sense just to never buy that same particular brand again? (ie. Fuji, Panasonic, etc. as mentioned) ...just sayin' ;-)

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
jsaun1213 wrote:I ordered the wrong batteries can you change my order? It has not shipped yet.

#CAS-508198-Y0W9Z7

have you tried customer service under the support link? I'm assuming you have. Moderator might help steer this as well.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jsaun1213 wrote:I ordered the wrong batteries can you change my order? It has not shipped yet.

#CAS-508198-Y0W9Z7

Please check the email associated with your Woot Account, as they've answered your email inquiry.
We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

mtka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtka

I tried to buy 2 of the AA's and one D, but got no "Big Button" to click. What's up?

mtka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtka
mtka wrote:I tried to buy 2 of the AA's and one D, but got no "Big Button" to click. What's up?

just worked on Firefox, not IE

pauldownsouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pauldownsouth
mtka wrote:just worked on Firefox, not IE

No big button on IE, please fix, I need these D cells!!!!

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako

Anyone else been seeing the Duracell banner atop Woot lately? It was there for the Fuji batteries, it's here for the SONY ones.

(I'm a big fan of SONY's rechargeable -- dunno if they come in C's or D's though.)

Loki22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loki22

Anyone else order more than one set and not get all of their order? My AA are missing. Half of my kids' presents won't work on Christmas now!!!

offutlake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages offutlake

You may be lucky to have received one set. I ordered two different sets on Dec. 5th, but as of Dec. 16th I haven't received either set, and the only online tracking indicates my shipment info (for both sets) was sent to FedEx on Dec. 10th.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Loki22 wrote:Anyone else order more than one set and not get all of their order? My AA are missing. Half of my kids' presents won't work on Christmas now!!!

Due to the weight of those little babies, they probably shipped separately. Give it a couple more days before fretting.

UPDATE: Just heard from the vendor that they're still working their little fannies off to get these orders shipped out. They said there will be no problem with getting them in time for Christmas.

Thanks for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

onemoonshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onemoonshadow

My D size haven't even shipped yet.
come on Woot fix this.

[MOD: Read my post above]

stvnhrmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stvnhrmn

A message about interminable shipping delays? Yeah pretty much. Mine also show shipping information submit on the 10th but not a single actual update since that time.

buggernuts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buggernuts

My 2 sets of batteries haven't moved since the 10th either, with the only update being "Shipment information sent to FedEx". I don't know if it's common practice for Woot! to have items ship directly from the vendor versus shipping from Woot!. I would definitely take this into account when ordering items. Maybe this distinction is called out somewhere, but I must have man vision today and don't find it. As with Amazon, I tend to lean towards Prime vs non-prime items. And having to pay for shipping in this case adds insult to injury.

(End Rant)

buggernuts

buggernuts wrote:My 2 sets of batteries haven't moved since the 10th either, with the only update being "Shipment information sent to FedEx". I don't know if it's common practice for Woot! to have items ship directly from the vendor versus shipping from Woot!. I would definitely take this into account when ordering items. Maybe this distinction is called out somewhere, but I must have man vision today and don't find it. As with Amazon, I tend to lean towards Prime vs non-prime items. And having to pay for shipping in this case adds insult to injury.

(End Rant)

Me and my wonderful timing. I just checked the site again (Eating lunch, checking pending orders) and they have updated the site to show that it has now shipped from Chesapeake, VA. It's a Christmas miracle!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, we've gotten to the bottom of this.

Vendor just contacted us. It seems that some of the labels shifted while printing and the bar code couldn't be scanned by FedEx.

Now FedEx could have told them about this but instead they held them for days before finally returning them to the vendor. They just received these back and are working hard to get these relabeled and out the door.

Apologies for the unexpected delay.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

buggernuts

ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, we've gotten to the bottom of this.

Vendor just contacted us. It seems that some of the labels shifted while printing and the bar code couldn't be scanned by FedEx.

Now FedEx could have told them about this but instead they held them for days before finally returning them to the vendor. They just received these back and are working hard to get these relabeled and out the door.

Apologies for the unexpected delay.

Thank you for the update. I appreciate it!

miguelgzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miguelgzz

My order just say shipping now can i cancell it?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

buggernuts wrote:Thank you for the update. I appreciate it!

I ordered the same package of batteries. My tracking stopped a day after they shipped. They happened to show up this afternoon, though. I'd guess you'll see them soon.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

ThunderThighs

Staff

miguelgzz wrote:My order just say shipping now can i cancell it?

I'm sorry but it's past the point of no return. Your order is mixed in the bits and bites of the electronic orders and pretty much impossible to find.

Hang in there. They're working hard to get them out. Apologies for the delay.

FORUM MODERATOR

buggernuts

manhandsha wrote:I ordered the same package of batteries. My tracking stopped a day after they shipped. They happened to show up this afternoon, though. I'd guess you'll see them soon.

My AA's showed up unannounced on my doorstep today, shivering in the cold. I set them up in their luxury kitchen drawer, right next to a warm stove. From the way they were sitting, I was getting a mostly positive reaction, but a few were negative.

I'm assuming the ones that have been sitting are the AAA's, as I only received one tracking number for my shipment. They'll have to suffer and get the back-of-the-drawer seating. Hopefully they don't stir up trouble or end up with a Napoleon complex sitting with the D batteries in the far corners.

ThunderThighs

Staff

UPDATE:
This poor vendor spent yesterday running teams in 3 locations to repackage & relabel all the returned packages yesterday. They had multiple pickups by FedEx yesterday.

The vendor will be getting us updated tracking on these packages by the end of the day for us to upload. That will spit out an email to you.

In some cases, if you live close to their facilities, you may receive it before the tracking number.

The vendor is very apologetic and is working hard to make this right.

(Oh, and they had FedEx out to service their equipment so this wouldn't happen again.)

FORUM MODERATOR

offutlake

ThunderThighs wrote:UPDATE:
This poor vendor spent yesterday running teams in 3 locations to repackage & relabel all the returned packages yesterday. They had multiple pickups by FedEx yesterday.

The vendor will be getting us updated tracking on these packages by the end of the day for us to upload. That will spit out an email to you.

In some cases, if you live close to their facilities, you may receive it before the tracking number.

The vendor is very apologetic and is working hard to make this right.

(Oh, and they had FedEx out to service their equipment so this wouldn't happen again.)

Woot - Any further update?
You indicated the vendor would be getting you updated tracking info by the end of 12/18, and we'd get an email re: that - but as of 12/20 9am, I haven't seen that new info. On 12/5 I bought 2 types of batteries for Christmas use, but it's now looking like they won't arrive in time (if at all). Thanks

stvnhrmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stvnhrmn
offutlake wrote:Woot - Any further update?
You indicated the vendor would be getting you updated tracking info by the end of 12/18, and we'd get an email re: that - but as of 12/20 9am, I haven't seen that new info. On 12/5 I bought 2 types of batteries for Christmas use, but it's now looking like they won't arrive in time (if at all). Thanks

I got my updated tracking number today 12/20. Hold on to hope like me, as I too 'need' them for Christmas as well.

vck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vck

I also have not received updated shipping info. My tracking information still shows being stalled at FedEx since Dec 10th.

ROGETRAY

Staff

vck wrote:I also have not received updated shipping info. My tracking information still shows being stalled at FedEx since Dec 10th.

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they attended to the issue.

vck

ROGETRAY wrote:Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

I am beginning to think that I will never see these batteries. The shipment has been stalled at a FedEx facility (again) in Maryland since Dec 20. Even today as I check the tracking, it shows that I am supposed to receive the shipment today.

Is there another hold up?

ThunderThighs

Staff

vck wrote:I am beginning to think that I will never see these batteries. The shipment has been stalled at a FedEx facility (again) in Maryland since Dec 20. Even today as I check the tracking, it shows that I am supposed to receive the shipment today.

Is there another hold up?

It does seem to be enjoying Maryland. Would you mind giving it a couple days on this second set? There's lots of weather issues out there. Let's see if it moves later in the week.

I know this sucks and we really appreciate your patience throughout.

FORUM MODERATOR

vck

ThunderThighs wrote:It does seem to be enjoying Maryland. Would you mind giving it a couple days on this second set? There's lots of weather issues out there. Let's see if it moves later in the week.

I know this sucks and we really appreciate your patience throughout.

Should have been a bit more patient -- the tracking was finally updated. However, I'm not supposed to receive them for two more days. FedEx doesn't seem to be as reliable around the holidays --

Thanks!

offutlake

WOOT -
One of the two sets of batteries that I ordered 12/5 for Christmas was not delivered until the afternoon of 12/27 (long after I had left to enjoy Christmas with my family).

The advertised shipping time on 12/5 was 3-8 business days. Will the vendor refund my $5 shipping charge?

Thanks

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

offutlake wrote:WOOT -
One of the two sets of batteries that I ordered 12/5 for Christmas was not delivered until the afternoon of 12/27 (long after I had left to enjoy Christmas with my family).

The advertised shipping time on 12/5 was 3-8 business days. Will the vendor refund my $5 shipping charge?

Thanks

I'd suggest emailing support@woot.com with your order number, user name and situation; they'll be able to access your account and order.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

offutlake

manhandsha wrote:I'd suggest emailing support@woot.com with your order number, user name and situation; they'll be able to access your account and order.

Thanks

buggernuts

I just received an email from woot! this morning with the tracking information for my 2 packages of batteries, but they had already been delivered on the 17th and 19th. Seems like someone cleared out a clog on the woot! email servers. I got all excited thinking I had ordered something I forgot about.

maebhan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maebhan

So I placed an order for these back on 5 Dec. I emailed support about them mid-month, and I got a pretty generic response that didn't really give me any useful info. (For example, pointing me to this discussion thread would have been helpful, but nobody bothered to do that while writing the response.)

I waited three more business days, and I got nothing, so I emailed support again, and I'm still waiting on a response to that message. It's been almost another week since I sent the second email query.

It's now almost a full month later, and I still haven't received the batteries or gotten an email with updated tracking number after the whole mislabeling fiasco.

Anyone got any tips about getting someone from support at woot to, you know, actually reply to my messages? I don't expect first-rate customer service from woot.com, but I do expect to get the items I paid for, to get information about them if they are, in fact, on their way (a full month after ordering them), and/or to get a refund if I'm not ever going to get the merchandise in question. I don't think any of those are unreasonable expectations.

ROGETRAY

Staff

maebhan wrote:So I placed an order for these back on 5 Dec. I emailed support about them mid-month, and I got a pretty generic response that didn't really give me any useful info. (For example, pointing me to this discussion thread would have been helpful, but nobody bothered to do that while writing the response.)

I waited three more business days, and I got nothing, so I emailed support again, and I'm still waiting on a response to that message. It's been almost another week since I sent the second email query.

It's now almost a full month later, and I still haven't received the batteries or gotten an email with updated tracking number after the whole mislabeling fiasco.

Anyone got any tips about getting someone from support at woot to, you know, actually reply to my messages? I don't expect first-rate customer service from woot.com, but I do expect to get the items I paid for, to get information about them if they are, in fact, on their way (a full month after ordering them), and/or to get a refund if I'm not ever going to get the merchandise in question. I don't think any of those are unreasonable expectations.

I' very sorry to hear that you haven't heard back form your email inquiry.

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

maebhan

I did have an email response waiting for me that was sent on Sat. 4 January, and that message said that I should receive a refund for the batteries I ordered on 5 Dec that I never received.

Today makes 5 business days since I received that email (which I only received after sending two messages to Woot support and posting here), and I still have not received a refund for this order.

I'm really curious about what woot plans to do to make this right.

maebhan

Actually, it's showing up now.

ThunderThighs

Staff

maebhan wrote:Actually, it's showing up now.

Oh good. I showed that it was processed a few days ago. It can take a couple days for your bank to process them though.

FORUM MODERATOR