WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ever wondered how you could tie your adorable Woot account to your beloved Amazon account? STOP WONDERING RIGHT NOW! Starting this very second, Login and Pay with Amazon is live and ready! Login and Pay with Amazon combines the power of Amazon Payments and Login with Amazon so now you're able to log in to Woot with your Amazon credentials and complete your checkout process without having to enter your shipping address or payment information by accessing the shipping and payment settings stored in your Amazon Payments account. Also check this out: you’ll be able to benefit from the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee when you make a qualified purchase using Amazon Payments! That's the super-short version, FYI. After the jump, you'll find more details. We just figured you'd want the TL;DR first.

Stodgy Ol’ "Using Amazon Payments On Woot" Customer FAQ

1. Why do I want to be using Login and Pay with Amazon on your site, Woot?
Why would you want to eat cake? Why would you want to listen to a symphony? Login and Pay with Amazon, which combines the power of Login with Amazon and Amazon Payments, ensures that you, Dear Reader, can pay for your Woot purchases with convenience, trust and security. Login with Amazon enables you, Dear Reader, to create or link an existing Woot account to your Amazon account. Amazon Payments lets you complete your checkout process without having to enter your shipping address or payment information by hand because you will have access to all of the shipping and payment settings stored in your Amazon Payments account, allowing you to check out on Woot more quickly than you would have ever dreamed! Assuming you dream about checking out on Woot, that is. Naturally, your payment information remains confidential and secure. Plus you’ll be able to benefit from Amazon’s A-to-z Guarantee when you make qualified purchases using Amazon Payments! Click here to learn more about the Amazon A-to-z guarantee, should you care to. 

2. How do I use Login and Pay with Amazon on Woot, Woot?
It’s so easy even WE could do it. To use Login and Pay with Amazon, just sign into Woot using “Login with Amazon” on the sign-in or sign-up page. You’ll be asked for your Amazon log-in and password. If you're new to the planet and don’t have an existing Amazon account yet, you can create one from the Amazon login screen. Then select your payment method and shipping address from the Amazon Payments widgets (if you have one-click turned on, it'll pre-populate that stuff for you) and confirm the payment. Boom. Done.

3. Do I need a separate Amazon Payments account?
You can use the same login and password that you use on Amazon.com to use Amazon Payments on Woot.  If you only have an Amazon account and don’t already have an Amazon Payments account, Amazon will seamlessly create one for you!  

4. What personal data does Login and Pay with Amazon share with Woot?
Login and Pay with Amazon shares basic information such as your name, email address, and phone number, and any name, shipping address and phone number you select during checkout. This is required by the sellers to fulfill your purchase and contact you directly for any service related issues. Without your consent, Amazon Payments will not share your financial information such as your billing address or credit card number with Woot.  We take this paragraph so seriously that we didn’t even put any jokes in here.

5. What kind of protection does Amazon Payments provide to me?
Amazon Payments offers an A-to-z Guarantee Protection for Buyers for qualified purchases. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee for qualified purchases. Click here to learn more about the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

6. Where can I track my Amazon Payments transactions?
You can track your transactions in the “Your Account” section of www.payments.amazon.com after you log in with your Amazon credentials. On the “Your Account” page, you can see a list of past orders made using Amazon Payments. You can also specify date ranges and transaction type filters to view the transactions you are interested in. If you wanna, you can click on any transaction through the list view to view the details of that transaction, such as the date when you placed the order and the actual amount that you have been charged or refunded with the dates all that stuff happened.
Incidentally, you can also track your purchases on Woot, via the good ol’ “Stuff You Bought” page. Just sign into www.woot.com via the “Login with Amazon” button and click “Stuff You Bought” from the top right of any page, and you’ll see allllllll your past purchases on Woot. All orders purchased using Amazon Payments will be marked as such and only the shipping address will appear on the “Order Details” page for that order.

7. How can I cancel an order that I made using Amazon Payments?
Hopefully, with a touch of guilt. But you can cancel an order that you made using Amazon Payments in the same way that you would cancel any other order on Woot. Simply log into Woot.com via “Login with Amazon” and visit the “Stuff You Bought” page. If the order is cancellable, you will see a “cancel” button on the “Order Details” page for the order you wish to cancel. If you do not see a “cancel” button, it means your order has already entered our systems for fulfillment. At this point you can try to contact customer service via our support page to cancel the order, but cancellations are not guaranteed if the product has already shipped. Also please be kind to our sweet CS team. They do their best and their job can be tough.

8. What kind of notifications will I receive for my payments using Amazon Payments?
Woot will send you an order confirmation email when you place your order and another email when the order ships. Amazon Payments may also send you emails regarding the exact same order so you can track your payments and refunds. You’ll also receive a “Payment Authorized” email when you place an order using Amazon Payments on Woot. This email provides a confirmation of the payment that you have authorized for the purchase. And you’ll naturally receive an email from Amazon Payments when you are issued a refund.
Additionally, if applicable, Amazon Payments may send you additional emails to notify you if your payment instrument (a.k.a the “cash clarinet”) has been declined so that you can update your instrument, or confirm when you have filed an A-to-z claim with us, or alert you to when your A-to-z claim has been decided, or when your approved payment is cancelled by the seller.  

9. How do I locate my Amazon Payments transactions on my credit card statement?
Amazon Payments transactions will have a descriptor format of AMZ*<Woot, Inc.> or amzn.com/pmts WA. You can look for that descriptor on your credit card statement to identify Amazon Payments transactions. We originally wanted it to say YOLO but the lawyers shot that down for some reason.

10. Can I use Amazon Payments for all products that are available on Woot?
Tragically, no! Amazon Payments does not currently support purchases made on wine.woot. If you use Login and Pay with Amazon on Woot and you have items from wine.woot in your cart, we will automatically default to your Woot shipping and payment settings on the Order Review page. If you’ve never entered shipping and payment settings on Woot and have only used Amazon Payments, then you will be redirected to a page where you can enter in shipping and payment information. Should you remove all wine.woot items from your cart, you can continue using Amazon Payments to check out with the rest of your stuff.

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte

Guess we'll find out on Day 4 if this helps or hinders acquisition of a Big ol' Cornucopia

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 59 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 169

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick

Will this move mean we can use Amazon gift cards here at woot in the near future?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

thumperchick wrote:Will this move mean we can use Amazon gift cards here at woot in the near future?

Currently the only Payment Methods available through Amazon Payments are any Credit/Debit Cards you have on file.

If there are any future changes/additions to the Payment Methods, we'll let you guys know.

Dogaroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dogaroo

I'm trying to buy from wine.woot, and I just linked my account to Amazon payments. Every time I click checkout it automatically directs me to Amazon payments, which I just discovered doesn't let me place the order.

How can I purchase from wine.woot?

ROGETRAY

Staff

Dogaroo wrote:I'm trying to buy from wine.woot, and I just linked my account to Amazon payments. Every time I click checkout it automatically directs me to Amazon payments, which I just discovered doesn't let me place the order.

How can I purchase from wine.woot?

Sign out of your account and log back in. Instead of connecting with Amazon Payments, login like your regularly would.

Please also be aware, currently Amazon Payments does not support alcohol purchases or purchases from Wine.Woot

We apologize for this inconvenience.

wyk3d

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wyk3d

Any plans to include prime since we can now pay via amazon?

slinkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slinkey

So far I don't like this... so many extra boxes on the checkout screen! And I have always signed in with amazon because I am not even sure I have a woot password...let alone do I remember it! Seems like I could mess things up more easily with this helpful new option (use expired card, ship to wrong address, etc). But... I do think it would be helpful for those who have never bought from woot.

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee

Woot is the fun part of Amazon..

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

If my Amazon payment type is the Amazon Rewards Visa card, do I get triple reward points on woot purchases now?
If not, it seems the only benefit is that I'll have your Amazon bosses yelling at you if you mess-up my order and don't comply with the A-Z Guarantee.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:If my Amazon payment type is the Amazon Rewards Visa card, do I get triple reward points on woot purchases now?
If not, it seems the only benefit is that I'll have your Amazon bosses yelling at you if you mess-up my order and don't comply with the A-Z Guarantee.

That would be a question for Amazon, I'm afraid.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

I have always been an Amazon Prime customer. Can I use Prime to ship my woot orders?

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20
ROGETRAY wrote:Sign out of your account and log back in. Instead of connecting with Amazon Payments, login like your regularly would.

Please also be aware, currently Amazon Payments does not support alcohol purchases or purchases from Wine.Woot

We apologize for this inconvenience.

So incredibly underwear on this point.
2 steps forward and 1 way back.

I wanted to use AZ giftcards to buy wine from wine.woot and discovered it doesn't work for two separate reasons.
No giftcards through amazon payments yet and amazon payments doesn't work on wine.woot. So much for progress.

CT

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
xxooss wrote:I have always been an Amazon Prime customer. Can I use Prime to ship my woot orders?

No.

mylucidity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylucidity

The only way this would be a improvement is if my prime membership eliminates the 5 dollar shipping fee.

CanyonRun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CanyonRun

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised the write-up is silent... &... the moderators have ignored previous Q's on the subject... but...

couldn't we just address the elephant in the room...?

if you're connecting w00t! to Amazon Payments, WHEN will you recognize our PRIME Membership!!?? While I'm a long time sucker/supporter/fan of W00t!, this new benefit is worthless without PRIME support.

Thoughts?

ThunderThighs

Staff

CanyonRun wrote:I suppose I shouldn't be surprised the write-up is silent... &... the moderators have ignored previous Q's on the subject... but...

couldn't we just address the elephant in the room...?

if you're connecting w00t! to Amazon Payments, WHEN will you recognize our PRIME Membership!!?? While I'm a long time sucker/supporter/fan of W00t!, this new benefit is worthless without PRIME support.

Thoughts?

We don't have any plans at this time. Plus, we don't pre-announce features. We like the element of surprise.

Would be awesome though. I have prime myself.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

willyone

quality posts: 26 Private Messages willyone

I'm sure this has already been covered somewhere but oft times I'm a little slow on the uptake so I'll ask specifically. Please nobody laugh at me, ... oops shouldn't have said that! Anyway, does this mean we can log in using the Amazon connection, make purchases on Woot but pay using our "Amazon Store Card"?

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

I would also like to see Prime benefits and the ability to use Amazon gift cards for payment.

Just sayin'....

saquack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack

Wow, a whole bunch of comments about the Amazon The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and not a single mention of the AA vs Anvil situation. (until now)

sangamgupta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sangamgupta

Can I use Amazon gift card balance to buy from Woot? If yes that's very good, please let me know.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

sangamgupta wrote:Can I use Amazon gift card balance to buy from Woot? If yes that's very good, please let me know.

Not at this time, sorry.

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister

I would consider signing up for Prime if it worked on Woot, but then people would start complaining that their orders don't ship free with Super Saver purchases of $35.00 or more.

ROGETRAY

Staff

mrbarister wrote:I would consider signing up for Prime if it worked on Woot, but then people would start complaining that their orders don't ship free with Super Saver purchases of $35.00 or more.

http://instantrimshot.com/

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister
ROGETRAY wrote:http://instantrimshot.com/

It didn't work for me. :'( Oh well, I wasn't joking. If Prime members got free shipping non-prime Amazonians would likely expect it on orders over $35.00.

Tamshin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamshin

This is like getting free bacon in the mail!

ThunderThighs

Staff

mrbarister wrote:It didn't work for me. :'( Oh well, I wasn't joking. If Prime members got free shipping non-prime Amazonians would likely expect it on orders over $35.00.

I'd like it too but it's not something we offer.

FORUM MODERATOR

scarlex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarlex

If I use my Prime benefits of free shipping, even if wasn't two-day delivery, use my Amazon credits, and/or gift cards, I would use Error a heck of a lot more.

I seriously see NO benefit to linking and using my Amazing account to pay on Woot.

Lost my sale today due to this.

rm9116

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rm9116

I get an error message when I try to log in with my amazon credentials (through the Login with Amazon button). Have bought enough on both Woot and Amazon to know how to use each. It's set as a connection in my Woot account. Any ideas on what could be happening?

thumperchick

rm9116 wrote:I get an error message when I try to log in with my amazon credentials (through the Login with Amazon button). Have bought enough on both Woot and Amazon to know how to use each. It's set as a connection in my Woot account. Any ideas on what could be happening?

Try clearing out your cache and cookies, then try again. If that doesn't work - please post the following:

Operating System
Browser w/version (Chrome 10.3 for example)
Mobile/desktop

Oh, if you're using a cookie or adblocker, you'll need to re-allow the page in some cases.

jtweetyone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtweetyone

ok, so we cant use prime *granted its only $5, but I could finally justify HAVING prime that way*.
We cant use amazon gift cards.... White Tundra Frost?! that doesnt even make any sense!
so really the only benefit is this supposed A-z whatever that probably doesnt cover half the stuff you are buying, and isnt the old saying, "dont complain to us, we just sell this crap?"

so what was the point again? I'm rooting for you guys, I really am. and I'd like to think the yahoos next door will pull their heads from...... well, you know..... and allow the use of gift cards.... because I almost always get the for christmas and as a bonus from work..... that couldve been one hell of a woot spending spree.... but alas, I'll have to buy other crap instead.

--dissapointed

thumperchick

jtweetyone wrote:so what was the point again?

To give people an alternative payment option, since PayPal is not an option for new wooters.

canonizer

quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
bsmith1 wrote:If my Amazon payment type is the Amazon Rewards Visa card, do I get triple reward points on woot purchases now?

doesn't look like it; third party sites don't get the benefit.

signed.

ThunderThighs

Staff

canonizer wrote:doesn't look like it; third party sites don't get the benefit.

You are correct. Purchases from Woot do not qualify for triple points.

FORUM MODERATOR

willyone

Would anyone have an answer as to whether or not we can use our Amazon store card to pay for items purchased on Woot after logging in via Amazon? THX

ROGETRAY

Staff

willyone wrote:Would anyone have an answer as to whether or not we can use our Amazon store card to pay for items purchased on Woot after logging in via Amazon? THX

I'm not sure if this payment method is valid.
I'll ping some Woot Staff and find out.

Thanks for the question.

thumperchick

willyone wrote:Would anyone have an answer as to whether or not we can use our Amazon store card to pay for items purchased on Woot after logging in via Amazon? THX

I am almost certain the Amazon store card only works on amazon.com. Since the store card is generally used to finance large purchases, and has set financing for those purchases. (6 moths, 12 months, etc.)

If you need further information about where your Amazon store card will work, in conjunction with Amazon Payments, I think going to Amazon's Store Card Support will yield you the more accurate results.

From the Amazon Store Card page:

If you have questions about the Amazon.com Store Card, call 1-866-634-8379, available 24 hours a day.

willyone

thumperchick wrote:

I actually have used my Amazon store card to place 24 orders in the last 6 months, but only one qualified for 6 mo. financing. I usually pay as I go so I'm probably one of the exceptions, not uncommon for me. My Best Buy card is issued by the same bank that issues Amazon's store card but Best Buy allows you to buy products from other vendor's sites (the marketplace) but pay using their card, incl. 0% finance offers. I just thought since both cards are issued by the same bank the same benefit might apply. I'll wait to hear what "rogetray" has to say from the Woot side. If it's not currently an option, maybe Woot could pitch the idea. Twice, since the announcement of the Amazon login, I would have bought additional items from Woot, that is I would have added them as an "impulse" buy to the item I did purchase, if I could have used my Amazon credit line. But thank you very much for your help!

altierior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages altierior

Has anyone found an answer to this. I agree that - for me, at least - it would be the only benefit.

Buckroe56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Buckroe56

Can I pay with American Express points?