jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac
emcfadden wrote:I have been disappointed in the cuisinart set I bought here approximately a year ago. They seem like high quality until the nonstick starts peeling off. We have not abused these (only plastic utensils, no extreme heat) but their customer service assumes that is what happened. I am about to send one back to them (at my cost, plus they want a money order for return shipping). But google cuisinart customer service and then decide if you want to buy. I wish this hadnt happened because aside from the nonstick coating they are great.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH MOST OF THIS! If you came here to actually read about the Cuisinart Woot, I hope you read this. We bought this set right before Christmas last year. 2 months and the coating started chipping off the surface of 1 of the pots and 1 of the pans. I researched online. Many people had the same problem as us. Not only that, but most had problems with customer service, saying that the customer used metal utensils.

Here is where my story differs, however. I contacted Cuisinart at their customer service email and then called them. They emailed me a claim form. I clearly, concisely and thoroughly filled it out and followed up with them. I got on a first-name basis with one of the customer service people. She told me to send my claim to them with the pot and pan that were defective. Two weeks later, replacements showed up at my door. GREAT! No, not so fast. The pan was about 2" smaller in diameter than the one we sent to them. I contacted customer service. THey sent me an RMA and shipping label to send it back and then a week later, the correct replacement showed up. No other pots or pans in the set had the defective coating. So in the end it worked out for us. The only other thing I'll say is that Cuisinart being a multi-trillion dollar empire cannot figure out a way to make pots and pans where the handle doesn't become blazing hot when cooking in them. You'll need to use pot holders ALL the time. Fin.

arroyopottery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arroyopottery

Where are these pans manufactured?

arroyopottery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arroyopottery

If you don't need the 12-inch skillet and can use included cooking utensils instead, Kohl's has a set on sale for $99.99 + about $6 tax.

Free shipping (since it's over $50), which is excellent!!! Here's the link:

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1523219/cuisinart-14-pc-aluminum-nonstick-cookware-set.jsp?prodId=1523219&skuId=94446850&_requestid=581150

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
billthegunowner wrote:Does anyone know if you can make beer with this set. That's all I ever cook up, beer. Yum.

You'd be making some really tiny batches, so I would not recommend this set for beer unless you are a leprechaun, dawrf, or hobbit.

EDIT: I suppose you could get away with it if you're an elf, too.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

ibanezdude

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ibanezdude

I have a comparable (price-wise) set of nonstick that I purchased from outside of woot a few years ago. I will be storing them and buying a set of stainless steel cookware very soon.

While the non-stick is convenient when you're cooking...well...sticky things, you will either A) constantly maintain a paranoid level of safety to not scratch them, or B) have them deteriorate very quickly. I was somewhere in between, closer to the paranoia end of the spectrum, and after two years my skillets (the most frequently used) have lost about 75% of their non-stickiness.

You can't put them in the dishwasher, you can't stack them on top of each other, you can't put them in the oven over 300F, you can't use steel utensils of any kind while cooking with them (this includes whisks, spoons, spatulas, etc; also note that plastic non-stick utensils wear out very quickly), you can't clean with steel wool, hell, I destroyed one of them with the rough side of a sponge that promised it was "non-scratch". Slightly faster cleanup is just not worth the hassle IN MY OPINION, your mileage may vary. I'd rather have more versatility and put forth a bit extra elbow grease when cleaning them.

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
brendan948725 wrote:You'd be making some really tiny batches, so I would not recommend this set for beer unless you are a leprechaun, dawrf, or hobbit.

EDIT: I suppose you could get away with it if you're an elf, too.

Not so sure those are great examples. All of them are serious drinkers.

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
ibanezdude wrote:I have a comparable (price-wise) set of nonstick that I purchased from outside of woot a few years ago. I will be storing them and buying a set of stainless steel cookware very soon.

While the non-stick is convenient when you're cooking...well...sticky things, you will either A) constantly maintain a paranoid level of safety to not scratch them, or B) have them deteriorate very quickly. I was somewhere in between, closer to the paranoia end of the spectrum, and after two years my skillets (the most frequently used) have lost about 75% of their non-stickiness.

You can't put them in the dishwasher, you can't stack them on top of each other, you can't put them in the oven over 300F, you can't use steel utensils of any kind while cooking with them (this includes whisks, spoons, spatulas, etc; also note that plastic non-stick utensils wear out very quickly), you can't clean with steel wool, hell, I destroyed one of them with the rough side of a sponge that promised it was "non-scratch". Slightly faster cleanup is just not worth the hassle IN MY OPINION, your mileage may vary. I'd rather have more versatility and put forth a bit extra elbow grease when cleaning them.

I don't have cuisinart hard-anodized cookware, but I have had Circulon in the past and currently have Calphalon and I can't say I have any overlap with your experience. While sharp-edged metal is a general no-no, I haven't had problems caused by a metal wisk, nor have I had problems with nylon cooking utensils wearing out and I cook daily, so its not due to lack of use either.

Teflon coated cookware has been different story. That stuff does chip or scratch easily, and rapid heating or cooling does cause the coating to detach from the pan.

I'm tempted by this offer because there are some sizes that I'd like, but there are a few pots I absolutely don't need.

smismiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smismiles

$570 retail price is a little exaggerated I think. Maybe that was Cuisinart's MSRP, but I don't think any store ever expected people to pay this much for this set.

I bought this same cookware about 2 year ago for maybe about $200. The material was little thinner than I was expecting, but it ended up not really being a big deal with food burning too easily to the bottom.

The glass covers have a metal band around them that fit into the pans. There's a small gap between them on the underside of the glass and food and sauce will get stuck between them. You can see it through the glass, and it's a pain to clean.

Like others are saying, the non stick coating is starting to bubble and flake off on some of my pans. At this point, I assume they are way out of warrantee, and Cuisinart would blame me anyways even though I know I've never abused them, so I'm just throwing them away as they become too bad to cook with. I'll probably be replacing the whole set with another manufacturer sometime within the next couple of months.

Seir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seir

Anyone else having Shopping Cart issues or is it just me? Cannot seem to add anything to it (makes it tough to give Woot my money).

kristina1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristina1225
Seir wrote:Anyone else having Shopping Cart issues or is it just me? Cannot seem to add anything to it (makes it tough to give Woot my money).

Shopping cart issues as well as not able to submit a support ticket about it, I just get an error page when I try.

When trying to add to my cart via mobile I get a 504 gateway time-out error. Help woot!

Seir

kristina1225 wrote:Shopping cart issues as well as not able to submit a support ticket about it, I just get an error page when I try.

When trying to add to my cart via mobile I get a 504 gateway time-out error. Help woot!

Same here, tried creating a support ticket and it times out as well Someone go kick the AWS hampster...

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Buzzfan wrote:Are any of the various cookware sets available thru WOOT! factory "seconds"? I ask because I did get the stainless Cuisinart set (a few months ago) that has been offered a few times and noted that two of the pieces had very VERY slight pits in the cooking surface. They weren't significant enough for me to consider a return, and I LOVE the set (and WOOT! :>), but it made me curious.

From our understanding, these should all be new, 100% non-defective/non-scratch-n-dent models, so if you do have an issue with your set, you should definitely talk with CuisinArt.

agingdragqueen

Staff

stugettis wrote:Can you ship this to an APO address? our son is serving overseas.

That item should be eligible to ship to an APO address, but if it isn't, we'll be sure to contact you for a new address or give you the option to cancel/refund.

Ailetoile

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ailetoile
Seir wrote:Same here, tried creating a support ticket and it times out as well Someone go kick the AWS hampster...

I'm also having shopping cart problems. Pretty sad since I want to impulse buy like $250 worth of stuff... Hurry up and fix it before I regain my senses, Woot!

lmjellett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmjellett

Same problem with shopping cart and support...

tes2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tes2001

Cant buy anything help!

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

I have this exact set, purchased from woot about a year ago. I'm very happy with this cookware. The outsides of the pans have discolored (mostly because I wash them in the dishwasher), but the teflon has held up flawlessy unlike some of the other posters here. And I tend to abuse my cookware. Would buy again.

And you would buy them too, if the shopping cart wasn't broken.

agingdragqueen

Staff

therogers wrote:ME TOO!! ugh.

Sorry We're working as fast as we can to get the cart stuff back up.

therogers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therogers
agingdragqueen wrote:Sorry We're working as fast as we can to get the cart stuff back up.

WORKED! THANKS!!

agingdragqueen

Staff

Things should be working again! Please let us know if there are any other issues.

Ailetoile

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Ailetoile
agingdragqueen wrote:Things should be working again! Please let us know if there are any other issues.

Thank you! I can now impulse buy to my heart's content (and my wallet's discontent).

ericaleighton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericaleighton
agingdragqueen wrote:Things should be working again! Please let us know if there are any other issues.

I still can't buy..... All kinds of errors on the checkout page and there is no "Place Order" button showing.

yosefrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yosefrab

I placed an order back on 10/15/13 (#XXX) for a Philips TV. It and its replacement have had problems. I went to Woot's support page just now to elaborate, but received a server error after clicking "send" (I attempted to submit my request in both Google Chrome and MS IE and received the same server error). How do I contact Woot via other means? Thanks. Yosef.

agingdragqueen

Staff

yosefrab wrote:I placed an order back on 10/15/13 (#XXX) for a Philips TV. It and its replacement have had problems. I went to Woot's support page just now to elaborate, but received a server error after clicking "send" (I attempted to submit my request in both Google Chrome and MS IE and received the same server error). How do I contact Woot via other means? Thanks. Yosef.

Sorry about that, Yosef, please email into support@woot.com.

agingdragqueen

Staff

ericaleighton wrote:I still can't buy..... All kinds of errors on the checkout page and there is no "Place Order" button showing.

I'll send your comment along!

Seir

Cart is filling back up as I type.

Thanks.

yosefrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yosefrab
agingdragqueen wrote:Sorry about that, Yosef, please email into support@woot.com.

Done. Please check your inbox. Thanks for the quick reply.

robsmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robsmom

I must cancel my order, made just a few minutes ago, even after others said they were sold old.

I have tried through the "Support" link where I continuously get "Yikes, there's been a service error" message.

I have also tried using the email address service@woot.com and that bounces back to me.

What now? I just learned that I don't need the pans. I guess Santa is coming.

no1rockfan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages no1rockfan
smismiles wrote:$570 retail price is a little exaggerated I think. Maybe that was Cuisinart's MSRP, but I don't think any store ever expected people to pay this much for this set.

I bought this same cookware about 2 year ago for maybe about $200. The material was little thinner than I was expecting, but it ended up not really being a big deal with food burning too easily to the bottom.

The glass covers have a metal band around them that fit into the pans. There's a small gap between them on the underside of the glass and food and sauce will get stuck between them. You can see it through the glass, and it's a pain to clean.

Like others are saying, the non stick coating is starting to bubble and flake off on some of my pans. At this point, I assume they are way out of warrantee, and Cuisinart would blame me anyways even though I know I've never abused them, so I'm just throwing them away as they become too bad to cook with. I'll probably be replacing the whole set with another manufacturer sometime within the next couple of months.

The set I got last year that matches this one had a lifetime warranty, FYI!

marcusr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcusr
thislilgecko wrote:4.5 Stars on Amazon for a nigh identical set. It's worthy to note it's been in the $164-166 range on Prime according to the camel (in case you needed some time to sleep on it).

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DSA-11-Dishwasher-Hard-Anodized-11-Piece/dp/B0041Q401O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386310901&sr=8-1&keywords=hard+anodized+cuisinart/

The link takes you to a set on Amazon that is dishwasher safe that's why it's more expensive. This is NOT "nigh" identical. Try washing this stuff in you dishwasher, you'llllll beeee sorrrryyyyyyyy!

keyascii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyascii

Jawbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jawbox

Actually, I believe this is the same set on Amazon for $195... it's not a bad deal at 35% off.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-14-Piece-Non-Stick-Anodized-Cookware/dp/B009TCEYIY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386362906&sr=8-2&keywords=hard+anodized+cuisinart+set

mmaloy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmaloy

Is anybody else having trouble ordering from woot? Everytime I go to checkout, it displays code in curly brackets and my cart is emptied. I tried to email service and get a bounce back message.

mmuss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmuss
mmaloy wrote:Is anybody else having trouble ordering from woot? Everytime I go to checkout, it displays code in curly brackets and my cart is emptied. I tried to email service and get a bounce back message.

Just ordered the Cuisinart Pans 5 mins ago

agingdragqueen

Staff

mmaloy wrote:Is anybody else having trouble ordering from woot? Everytime I go to checkout, it displays code in curly brackets and my cart is emptied. I tried to email service and get a bounce back message.

I'm sorry- things SHOULD be working now, if you're having problems, go ahead and restart your browser and/or try to empty cookies. So far, we haven't seen many complaints, I think if it's still happening, it's been very sporadic.

mmaloy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmaloy
agingdragqueen wrote:I'm sorry- things SHOULD be working now, if you're having problems, go ahead and restart your browser and/or try to empty cookies. So far, we haven't seen many complaints, I think if it's still happening, it's been very sporadic.

Nope, same problem. I have tried on 2 different computers. I am using IE, maybe I will try Chrome when I get to a machine that has it. Could it be related to my account? I would email with these problems but I keep getting a delivery failure notification when I email service@woot.com. I ordered yesterday with no problems.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

Jeepers... Does anyone remember the good ole days when woot was a "deal a day" site?

maksboys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maksboys

FYI Dear Woot:

Haven't been able to order all afternoon due to the quirks. I sacrificed my cache and cookies multiple times, all to no avail.

Finally I decided to try to order through my Kindle and voila! order went right through. I'm running an older browser (IE8) on my desktop so that may be the problem.

The biggest problem is the cart. It's all messed up w/columns out of whack/incomplete and no big yellow button to order.

mrk874

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrk874

I bought a 3pc set that included the 10" non-stick skillet a few weeks ago.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5609078

The skillet itself seems very nice. Too bad woot advertised it as an 11" skillet then sent me the 10". Tried to resolve via email, but I only got response from a wootbot auto replier. Guess they are busy this time of year and can't individually respond?

Just make sure you get the pieces you ordered!

mm20

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mm20

We have a very similar set from Cuisinart, and we LOVE it. We've had it for nearly 8 years, and we're just now getting ready to replace it. You have to take care of these; they aren't your parent's pots and pans of yesteryear.

For starters, I'm super picky about weight distribution when it comes to anything in the kitchen- and I personally really, really like how Cuisinart distributes the weight.

Second, and this is the most important part, if you take care of them, they will last a looong time. We hand wash only, with only a sponge. We use rubber or silicone utensils only (silicone, I suspect, is slightly better than rubber).

Finally, we have never directly stacked these one on top of another. When we first got them, we stacked them but with a foam rubber mat in between each one. Now they hang.

Yes, we've babied them. Yes, they're at the end of their life span. However, they lasted a lot longer than most people report- and I think it's more about how you care for them than it is an issue of quality. We'll probably pick up a set not this time, but the next time a set is offered- which is rather often, actually.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.