WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's the 12 Bags of Crapmas! Every day, 12 days in a row, we'll have a new batch of Bags of Craps on Woot -- and some of those bags will contain especially crappy yuletide delights.

Subscribe to Woot's Youtube channel and never miss another one of these idiotic videos! We dare you!

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

NOOO!!!!!! I was the 6th view and STILL missed it!

lukeh007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukeh007

Waiting room again! UGH!

lauratchi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lauratchi

i so don't get this....

Little Vineyards Trio began the slow start to the slippery slope. it was alllllllllll downhill from there!

dsspro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsspro

Finally got my Big ol' Cornucopia .Good Luck to everyone else.

Backpack o' Crap? Dec 21 2013
Bag o' Crap Crapmas Day 5 Dec 7 2013
Bag o' Crap LXXIII: Crapvengers May 11,2011
Bag o’ Crap LXII: Crapril Showers Dec 1,2010

glfales

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glfales

bit.ly/1izFulH
Now what?

slinkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slinkey

got there and proceeded to checkout within 20 seconds.... but had to sit in antechamber of doom until it sold out AGAIN!!

alan14225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alan14225

LOL 5 balls of string

artobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artobot

Got to the youtube page while it had 0 views and I didn't click the check out button fast enough... shucks.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador
Linad wrote:NOOO!!!!!! I was the 6th view and STILL missed it! video coming in a bit!

I think I have a new nickname for you... Captain Slow...

You're in good company. James May is a right ol' chap.

opie9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opie9000

This is really bumming me out, I had had it in my cart three nights in a row... Then no dice on check out!!! This is a CRAPmas!

peaceetc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages peaceetc

Yay, I got one! First crap since April. Thanks, Woot, and Merry Crapmas!

(x18)

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

Antechamber of Doom.
No dice.
Going to bed.
Sad.

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

VICTORY!!!!!!!! Got right through tonight!!!!

tank7110

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tank7110

Day 5 - Success! My first ever bag of carp!

Youtube had the video first, at least for me.

*credit to Google Image search for an actual bag of carp.

UPDATE: 12/14
I received my bag of carp!
Box is 4.2 Lbs 23"x12"x12"
Contents:
1x flowered bag to hold all of the crap
1x $2 Stationary Set
1x Incipio USB Wall Charger
1x iGO Battery Charger and 4 Rechargeable AA Batteries
4x Misc. Comic books
1x Medium Blue Adidas polo shirt in original packaging
1x small plain orange t-shirt
1x Kodak essentials universal zoom camera shoulder strap case
25x bags of sweet saxeT air (Boomer!)

All in all not a bad bunch of crap.

thetoastsnob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thetoastsnob

Got to the Antechamber of Doom again. DRAT! Guess they're right when they say that I'm probably in the 90% who won't get any crap. Better luck tomorrow!

Congrats to everyone who got one!!

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu

Congratulations to those who were much quicker than I... Made it to the Antichamber of Doom, but that is as close as I've gotten so far.

Huh.. There's a shirt idea. I wanted crap, but all I got was an antichamber of doom.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 43 Private Messages skispeakeasy

Type code in 1 second : Check
Antichamber: Check
Through Antichamber: Check
Click purchase: Denied!

Linad

OldMatador wrote:I think I have a new nickname for you... Captain Slow...

You're in good company. James May is a right ol' chap.

I think it's my typing that needs a tuning. But also, for some reason my checkout button lagged. =(

mossygreen

quality posts: 75 Private Messages mossygreen

No luck, but seven chances left. Gonna keep on trying. Congrats to the successful!

OldMatador

Linad wrote:I think it's my typing that needs a tuning. But also, for some reason my checkout button lagged. =(

After watching your videos, This could help too:

All in good fun, my friend. I'd think Saturday might be a good night for you. People will be too drunk to Woot.

renrutnairbwoot

Linad wrote:NOOO!!!!!! I was the 6th view and STILL missed it!

It went to your cart right away, but for some reason didn't pop down for you to see it. You can see the cart update from 0 to 1. Feel bad for you, but at least I get to enjoy more of your videos.

Linad

OldMatador wrote:After watching your videos, This could help too:

Maybe I'll get one in the Bag that I'm still very determined to win!

Linad

renrutnairbwoot wrote:It went to your cart right away, but for some reason didn't pop down for you to see it. You can see the cart update from 0 to 1. Feel bad for you, but at least I get to enjoy more of your videos.

haha yeah. Maybe I'm just meant to continue to make these videos until the very last day

alan14225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alan14225

I think you need better computer

renrutnairbwoot

Linad wrote:Maybe I'll get one in the Bag that I'm still very determined to win!

I think you will get one tonight (Saturday night). You are improving every time. I think you would have had it tonight if you would have hovered over your cart right away.

dsspro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsspro

I should have done a video of mine tonight..I acutally thought I was slower but was able to get one so now I can get some rest

Backpack o' Crap? Dec 21 2013
Bag o' Crap Crapmas Day 5 Dec 7 2013
Bag o' Crap LXXIII: Crapvengers May 11,2011
Bag o’ Crap LXII: Crapril Showers Dec 1,2010

OldMatador

Linad wrote:NOOO!!!!!! I was the 6th view and STILL missed it!

Constructive criticism for you...

First: Firefox? Google Chrome that stuff. I honestly think you were too clicky for your own good. I've never had a problem with Chrome.

Second, you're losing valuable seconds copy pasting the bit.ly address. Have a second browser open on the side with "http://bit.ly/" ready to go... Then get the other page refreshing on the YouTube channel. Then go, jump to 25 or so seconds. Then type in the other browser window. Then go. Be firm, but don't rush rush rush. Remember, it's zen-like. You'll know it when you do it.

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

I had it, but yet it was sold out from under me. Tried buying it again and was told, sorry I could only have one. I never got one

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
skispeakeasy wrote:Type code in 1 second : Check

If you see "Antichamber" it is guranteed you didn't win. I got one today (finally!) and pre-logged in at :57pm then had bit.ly/1 already in another window. Refreshed the youtube channel, had wife read number after I skipped to end of video. Then hit enter, I want one, check out, and the final big yellow button and it went through.

Never saw the Antichamber.

phileoca

quality posts: 13 Private Messages phileoca
renrutnairbwoot wrote:It went to your cart right away, but for some reason didn't pop down for you to see it. You can see the cart update from 0 to 1. Feel bad for you, but at least I get to enjoy more of your videos.

lol. and my wife says i'm a nerd sitting here on friday night in my christmas pajamas while everyone else is out having fun.

My wife woots too

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
renrutnairbwoot wrote:I think you will get one tonight (Saturday night). You are improving every time. I think you would have had it tonight if you would have hovered over your cart right away.

Congrats on the Haiku!

Linad

OldMatador wrote:Constructive criticism for you...

First: Firefox? Google Chrome that stuff. I honestly think you were too clicky for your own good. I've never had a problem with Chrome.

Second, you're losing valuable seconds copy pasting the bit.ly address. Have a second browser open on the side with "http://bit.ly/" ready to go... Then get the other page refreshing on the YouTube channel. Then go, jump to 25 or so seconds. Then type in the other browser window. Then go. Be firm, but don't rush rush rush. Remember, it's zen-like. You'll know it when you do it.

I think my biggest throw off today was the proceed to checkout button not automatically popping up for me. The other window with bit.ly would probably help out a bit. I've only ever used firefox so switching the chrome would just slow me down and make me lose more time.

OldMatador

bpeterson82 wrote:If you see "Antichamber" it is guranteed you didn't win. I got one today (finally!) and pre-logged in at :57pm then had bit.ly/1 already in another window. Refreshed the youtube channel, had wife read number after I skipped to end of video. Then hit enter, I want one, check out, and the final big yellow button and it went through.

Never saw the Antichamber.

I agree with this statement. If you see the Antichamber, all hope is lost. When I got mine on Day 2, no Antichamber.

I feel like I'm turing into a Basket of Cranberries mentor... You can do it, true believers.

OldMatador

Linad wrote:I think my biggest throw off today was the proceed to checkout button not automatically popping up for me. The other window with bit.ly would probably help out a bit. I've only ever used firefox so switching the chrome would just slow me down and make me lose more time.

I've found Chrome to be consistently faster than Firefox. That didn't used to be the case, but Chrome is just slick nowadays.

Linad

At least my video upload speed is improving =P

anschutz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages anschutz
skispeakeasy wrote:Type code in 1 second : Check

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I got all joyous when I got through the ACoDOOM only to get slapped in the face with a big fat DENIED!

mac454

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mac454

Got one.

Here's what I did step by step:

Made sure I was logged into Woot at 12:55 am EST. Had two Chrome windows open. One to Woot's youtube page. One with just "http://www.bit.ly/" in the address bar. F5 F5 F5 at 12:59. Open video, skip to about 10 seconds from end. Click again to pause. Say the characters out loud emphasizing the capital letters so I could remember without going back. Alt+Tab to empty window and finish the bit.ly address. Click through to finish. Phew! Fifth time is the charm. Took about 10-12 seconds from video showing to hitting "Proceed to Checkout". You wooters really quickened my reflexes over the past five nights!

Good luck to the rest of you. Seven more chances!

deathysaurusrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deathysaurusrex
OldMatador wrote:After watching your videos, This could help too:

All in good fun, my friend. I'd think Saturday might be a good night for you. People will be too drunk to Woot.

That program was one of the most useful things I've ever used.

kkangpae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkangpae
Linad wrote:I think my biggest throw off today was the proceed to checkout button not automatically popping up for me. The other window with bit.ly would probably help out a bit. I've only ever used firefox so switching the chrome would just slow me down and make me lose more time.

I sent you a PM. I'd listen to Old Matador. Chrome is far faster than Firefox. Also, my PM discusses a third window strategy that I used to score tonight!

No side will win the Battle of the Sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy