Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2940 Private Messages lichme

Google Nexus 7 16GB or 32GB Tablet
Price: $119.99 - $149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Read the Blog Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/14/2013 - $129.99-149.99 - 109 comment(s)
11/14/2013 - $129.99-149.99 - 109 comment(s)
10/16/2013 - $139.99-159.99 (Woot-off) - 21 comment(s)

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Google Nexus 7 16GB or 32GB Tablet
Price: $119.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

erinrosemay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinrosemay

CRAP FOR ME!!!!!

lichme

quality posts: 2940 Private Messages lichme

Check out some comments from Adorama

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
erinrosemay wrote:CRAP FOR ME!!!!!

I was there within 30s and sold out. Le sigh!

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

nesiebug

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nesiebug

Seriously?????? 10 seconds and I was already in Chamber of doom....How many bags are you selling every night? 3???

bryantjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryantjb

I finally got one. Fifth time is a charm. So something that I tested to see if it made a difference or not. I went to Woot's Youtube page to see if maybe it would load on their youtube page before it got linked to the homepage by a few seconds. Ended up not being the case. Figured I'd share that in case anyone had the same thinking as me.I just got lucky and got one the regular way. I have to admit, I don't know how you could get a Big ol' Cornucopia unless you have dual displays.

quiksilver3133

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quiksilver3133

Again, had to have hit checkout within 15 seconds of the video going live and spent a little over a minute in the antechamber of doom. Guess I'll try again tomorrow night...

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu

I have to admit, my Nexus 7 has been a constant companion since I bought it last year. It has worked very very well for me. I've yet to root it, or choose a custom rom, because unlike most Android devices I've used, this has worked just fine right out of the box.

acraigl

quality posts: 43 Private Messages acraigl

Boo. Page took forever to refresh, then gone Sad panda.

cgcozines

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cgcozines

Darn! The video didn't post when the page updated and I had to refresh. I'm sure this cost me precious seconds.

lifesucksmedead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lifesucksmedead

Forgot to login, but still made it to the Chamber of doom lol better luck tomorrow, kinda happy I didn't get rolls of string lol ^_^

V'Owl Proud!!

7/11/14 Birthday Random Crap and Shirt Crap
5/23/14 Skemmis Apology Crap
4/30/14 Random Crap
4/22/14 (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanlieness
3/24/14 Pet Crap -_- Joy
2/17/14 Shirt.woot Crap
1/16/14 Shill Game Crap
12/20/13 Backpack of Crap
12/10/13 Day 8 Blackboard of Cleanlienessmas
8/22/13 Blackboard of Cleanlieness
3/22/12 Blackboard of Cleanlieness LXXIII: Crapvengers!
First Purchase- 3/9/11 SOG Multi-tool

goatcrapp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp

So - where's the backdoor into the URL's, because i bit.ly'd about as fast as a person can and had the Big ol' Cornucopia in my cart within 20 seconds, and it was still sold out. It's only fun when the cheaters aren't rewarded.

sanctusconsilium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanctusconsilium

i have missed the legendary bounty of crème yet again....

cgcozines

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cgcozines
cgcozines wrote:Darn! The video didn't post when the page updated and I had to refresh. I'm sure this cost me precious seconds.

Great price on a Nexus 7 though.

Ozzie2191

bryantjb wrote:I finally got one. Fifth time is a charm. So something that I tested to see if it made a difference or not. I went to Woot's Youtube page to see if maybe it would load on their youtube page before it got linked to the homepage by a few seconds. Ended up not being the case. I just got lucky and got one the regular way. I have to admit, I don't know how you could get a Big ol' Cornucopia unless you have dual displays.

I did it via their youtube page too, forwarded through the video to just before the URL and had a window open with "bit.ly/" already there and went to Antechamber. It is a hunt though, so you can't be too mad. Does anyone know the count on these?

quiksilver3133

Kingu wrote:I have to admit, my Nexus 7 has been a constant companion since I bought it last year. It has worked very very well for me. I've yet to root it, or choose a custom rom, because unlike most Android devices I've used, this has worked just fine right out of the box.

Agreed. Bought a first gen (the one on sale) for my wife and she loves it, and bought a 32GB 2nd gen for myself and I love it as well. Perfect for travel or around the house. Love the stock android OS and have a couple of Chromecasts in the house that are great accessories. Sold my iPad and Apple TV a couple weeks ago because I liked my Nexus so much.

stolly23

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stolly23
goatcrapp wrote:So - where's the backdoor into the URL's, because i bit.ly'd about as fast as a person can and had the Big ol' Cornucopia in my cart within 20 seconds, and it was still sold out. It's only fun when the cheaters aren't rewarded.

I'm thinking the same thing. Video would not change with the new item. 30 seconds in finally did and sold out.

nesiebug

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nesiebug

I smell some rats....15% of Big ol' Cornucopia winners , it was their 1st woot....6% just joined TODAY. I wish the rules were 1 per household cause methinks some are making new accounts to get more than their share ...yes, I'm whining

bryantjb

Ozzie2191 wrote:I did it via their youtube page too, forwarded through the video to just before the URL and had a window open with "bit.ly/" already there and went to Antechamber. It is a hunt though, so you can't be too mad. Does anyone know the count on these?

Sorry I worded that wrong. Yeah I did what you did. Went to their youtube page to see if it posted there before it got liked on woot's page. For me it didn't make a difference. Although in theory it should be quicker. If by no more than a second or so. But as we can all see a second makes all the difference in the world. I had put pulled up on my desktop and on my laptop and both woot.com and youtube channel updated the same time. But that was my experience. Again in theory for some it should load quicker on youtube's page

Ozzie2191

nesiebug wrote:I smell some rats....15% of Big ol' Cornucopia winners , it was their 1st woot....6% just joined TODAY. I wish the rules were 1 per household cause methinks some are making new accounts to get more than their share ...yes, I'm whining

Does sound fishy, but should they lock it down to age? Only people with accounts older than a year get it? 5 years? 10? What would be fair? Good luck trying to come up with that one =)

Th0r

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r

No accelerometer, compass or GPS????

I want to be able to use google sky!

quiksilver3133

nesiebug wrote:I smell some rats....15% of Big ol' Cornucopia winners , it was their 1st woot....6% just joined TODAY. I wish the rules were 1 per household cause methinks some are making new accounts to get more than their share ...yes, I'm whining

I think you definitely have a point... how could someone who's never wooted before just walk in and successfully grab a bucket of children? You'd have to know what you were doing

lifesucksmedead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lifesucksmedead

I love the Nexus 7 tablets. I have a 2nd gen and my mom has a 1st gen. I prefer the 2nd gen personally. Both work great!

I love the ability to have multiple users on it. If you are using it for the family, it's great to have a main account that is password/pin/puzzle protected and then a kids account so that they can't get into your stuff and apps don't get mixed up. You can have a max of three different accounts on it, all with their own apps.

Whenever I let people look at my tablet to see what it is all about, I always move from my puzzle protected main account to a guest account I created so I don't worry about them screwing up anything.

V'Owl Proud!!

7/11/14 Birthday Random Crap and Shirt Crap
5/23/14 Skemmis Apology Crap
4/30/14 Random Crap
4/22/14 (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanlieness
3/24/14 Pet Crap -_- Joy
2/17/14 Shirt.woot Crap
1/16/14 Shill Game Crap
12/20/13 Backpack of Crap
12/10/13 Day 8 Blackboard of Cleanlienessmas
8/22/13 Blackboard of Cleanlieness
3/22/12 Blackboard of Cleanlieness LXXIII: Crapvengers!
First Purchase- 3/9/11 SOG Multi-tool

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma
Th0r wrote:No accelerometer, compass or GPS????

I want to be able to use google sky!

Uhhh it has all three of those actually...

noop

Lord John Whorfin

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin

Meh. Got one when it came out, can't stand it. The screen is too narrow to be usable. Give me an iPad mini any day.

bryantjb

I will add this. People claming that people are cheating do have some merit. While that does seem to be the case, I work in the IT field and not sure how someone could cheat at this since link is embedded in a video. I do know that those of us who are "regulars" think of the basics, already be signed in, have dual displays if possible with another tab open with bit.ly/1 typed in ( yes all Big ol' Cornucopia in 12 days of Crapmas has started with 1). Other than all of that, no real way to legitimatly doing it any quicker. All a matter of how quick you can type the url in and click click click. To get one any quicker either means someone is smart as hell with too much time to figure out a cheat, or...... them dudes can seriously type fast. I can break 90 WPM, but in this case WPM seems to be irrevelent with such a short URL. Just my two cents. Wanted to share my experience now that I got one to try to help other wooters have a better chance at getting one. Hope admins don't get mad. Just trying to help out

Th0r

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r
Alfredenigma wrote:Uhhh it has all three of those actually...

Not listed in the specs. Sad they would leave that out.

isn2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isn2009

Crap for me!

popojijo35

quality posts: 2 Private Messages popojijo35
Ozzie2191 wrote:Does sound fishy, but should they lock it down to age? Only people with accounts older than a year get it? 5 years? 10? What would be fair? Good luck trying to come up with that one =)

I think limiting it to people who joined on July 20 2007 would be fair and equitable. Also it should be their second account because they lost their info for their first one, that should weed out the chaff!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3535 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the 32gb model over at staples.com

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu

GPS? Yep! I've used the Nexus multiple times to record runs on Endomondo rather than using my phone directly - I put the phone on as a hotspot and use the Nexus 7 to record the run, using the phone's data service to transmit the data for maps.

Also use Waze on it while driving, nice to have the traffic maps in a much bigger size sometimes.

Heck, today, I was using Google play's radio feature at work to stream Christmas music to the stereo. I still use a Kindle Paperwhite for most book reading, as it is just slightly too heavy for me to hold comfortably before I fall asleep (the kindle doesn't hurt as much when it smacks you in the face when you fall asleep reading..)

ktappe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ktappe
Ozzie2191 wrote:Does sound fishy, but should they lock it down to age? Only people with accounts older than a year get it? 5 years? 10? What would be fair?

Woot hasn't been around for 10 years as far as I'm aware.

How about those who have been on for years and never gotten a Big ol' Cornucopia I check Woot daily and have never scored one in 3.5 years.

ktappe

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ktappe

Now, as for the Nexus 7, I got one last time it was offered (just 3 weeks ago). I also happened to get an iPad Mini then because that's when they were released. So I am qualified to compare them.

What the Nexus has going for it: Price.

Well, that's about it. It's heavier, thicker, slower, and the battery life is really bad (2-3 hours). Further, no matter what Google wants you to believe, Android is notably harder to use than iOS.

Yes, the iPad is several times more expensive. But if you can afford it, that's the route to take. This Nexus is interesting and I am using it for some things, but I'm glad I didn't pay more than $150 for it.

Oh, this unit does update nicely and easily to KitKat in case anyone's wondering.

imtall

quality posts: 2 Private Messages imtall

I have a 2013 Nexus and I love it! That being said, I was looking to buy a tablet for my brother this year and I was wondering: Does anyone have thoughts on comparing this 2012 model to the Asus MemoPad HD 7 that came out earlier this year?

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight
ktappe wrote:Woot hasn't been around for 10 years as far as I'm aware.

How about those who have been on for years and never gotten a Big ol' Cornucopia I check Woot daily and have never scored one in 3.5 years.

3.5 years... ha!

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

nobleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nobleman

Bad price; groupon has it new for the same price. Otherwise, fantastic tablet.

shakinjake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shakinjake

I was wondering if the original battery has replaced with a new battery...didn't see anywhere on product specs what it has as far as the battery goes...new or used

Does anyone know?

BTW, I'm thinking of buying one as a gift for the wife's Aunt that is coming down for Christmas...

I'm rolling with Windows Surface & I've no need for another tablet...although it looks like it might be fun to play with an Android device, which I never have. So solly...everything in this camp is Windows 8=:-)

arosiriak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arosiriak
imtall wrote:I have a 2013 Nexus and I love it! That being said, I was looking to buy a tablet for my brother this year and I was wondering: Does anyone have thoughts on comparing this 2012 model to the Asus MemoPad HD 7 that came out earlier this year?

No link right off the bat, but the general consensus was that the MemoPad was a flop; Underpowered, poorly made, and just not as smooth as the Nexus. Personally, I am a big fan of the stock Android, so long as it's kept current, so a Nexus device is certainly where I would place my recommendation. And while I would prefer the current Nexus, this is a smashing price. As long as you do your homework before buying, Android really isn't a risky move, and I'm really tempted to add another Android to the household.

Caveat: I also work IT, and use an iPad Mini... Only because the apps that I am required to use are only available on iOS. The guarantee of having the apps that you need is a plus, and as has been mentioned earlier, the screen aspect ratio on the Mini is definitely better suited for productivity. Other than that, I absolutely hate my little iPad (just like the Gen3 Retina that I had before it). Sometimes Apple reaches a point where their quest for what is truly "intuitive" takes a few too many steps and eliminates all flexibility and usefulness, all in the guise of "simplicity." My wife loves her iPad though, so it's just how the battle goes.