lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

JBL 5.1 Surround Cinema Speaker System
Price: $149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme

JBL 5.1 Surround Cinema Speaker System
Price: $149.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Read the Blog Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

dadsla

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dadsla

hello world!

acraigl

quality posts: 64 Private Messages acraigl

Yay! Crap!

x2

Dwain77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Dwain77

Christmas crap is on it's way. Good night to all.

I'm 1 of the infamous "Honest 200".

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

12:02 and i missed the crap

mackie112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mackie112

stuck in the chamber of doom after less than one minute. what do they have like 5 of these?

sevendusted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevendusted

About time! My first Big ol' Cornucopia since July 2011!

rwoodruff13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoodruff13

lol i typed the URL wrong and ended up on some Chinese site.

stolly23

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stolly23

wouldn't let me add to cart. Said to update quantity? Red circle with slash through it. What the hell is that?

jparamch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jparamch
rwoodruff13 wrote:lol i typed the URL wrong and ended up on some Chinese site.

Clap.

quiksilver3133

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quiksilver3133

Yes! Finally snagged a bandana of color! Order took about a minute to process during which time I was sweating bullets, haha.

cprimrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cprimrose

12 days of the Antechamber of Doom for me. Every night. Waaa.

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
mackie112 wrote:stuck in the chamber of doom after less than one minute. what do they have like 5 of these?

After I got into the Antichamber I checked system time. 12:00:29. Either they're only selling like 10 or someone's figured out how to get the URL early. 10% first timers too, which is an amazingly impossible statistic.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

lifesucksmedead

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lifesucksmedead

Grrrr, I added the Big ol' Cornucopia to my cart, went to check out, it wasn't in my cart, went back to the crap page, refreshed the page, added Big ol' Cornucopia back to my cart, went to check out again and got put in the antechamber of doom.....I shall try again tomorrow....

12/1/14 Crapper's Delight
11/28/14 Mystery Cat Toy Box
11/13/14 Crapword Puzzle #3
10/21/14 Indiana Jones & The Temple of Crap
8/29/14 l337 Pr0 G4m3r Big ol' Cornucopia First Sucker!!!
8/15/14 x2 Crapword #2 23-Down and End of Crapword #2
7/21/14 Pro Football Mystery Bag
7/11/14 Birthday Random Crap and Shirt Crap
5/23/14 Skemmis Apology Crap
4/30/14 Random Crap
4/22/14 (Hand)Basket of Cranberries
3/24/14 Pet Crap -_- Joy
2/17/14 Shirt.woot Crap
1/16/14 Shill Game Crap
12/20/13 Backpack of Crap
12/10/13 Day 8 Basket of Cranberriesmas
8/22/13 Basket of Cranberries
3/22/12 Basket of Cranberries LXXIII: Crapvengers!
First Purchase- 3/9/11 SOG Multi-tool

darkinc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages darkinc

Anti chamber instantly lol.. Opened pages and shows in stock but forever stuck. q.q

bbredehoeft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbredehoeft
Adelas wrote:12:02 and i missed the crap

ME TOO! 1:02 EST! Can't believe I missed it!

FoolScott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FoolScott

That's 4 nights in a row where I was signed in and ready to go the very second the video shows up. 4 rooms of doom.

rachelmcc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rachelmcc

Less than one minute in it was sold out?

lichme

quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme

Check out the Product Page

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Guys- sorry to those of you who missed it, and congrats to those of you lucky enough to snag some crap!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

greatwhite35

quality posts: 8 Private Messages greatwhite35
rwoodruff13 wrote:lol i typed the URL wrong and ended up on some Chinese site.

I did the same thing, forgot to make the C upper case at the end, lol

Toothy, The Hamptons (179 woots and 3 Big ol' Cornucopia#39;s as of December 1, 2014!!)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3914 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com and solid reviews over at paulstv.com

Tyross

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tyross
conanthelibrarian wrote:Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com and solid reviews over at paulstv.com

JBL makes good speakers. These aren't their high-end or anything but for $155 this is likely the best sounding set you'll find in that price range. They should sound pretty good in a small to regular sized room.

witcheofus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witcheofus
Ozzie2191 wrote:10% first timers too, which is an amazingly impossible statistic.

My guess is that those are dummy accounts that people created because of the "one bag per account" rule over the course of the 12 days.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
witcheofus wrote:My guess is that those are dummy accounts that people created because of the "one bag per account" rule over the course of the 12 days.

Unless the person also has 12 different credit cards. If I remember correctly, each card is tied to one account and can't be used on another.

that was fun while it lasted!

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3
bpr2 wrote:Unless the person also has 12 different credit cards. If I remember correctly, each card is tied to one account and can't be used on another.

Wouldn't be hard to have multiple email addresses/paypal accounts?

corvettejoe

quality posts: 26 Private Messages corvettejoe

I have a much older versions of this, larger sub and all, but it looks near identical.

It's lasted well throughout the years, I only ever hooked the 3 front speakers (and sub) up though, never using the two rears. I ended up using on the the rears as a "spare" when one of the front satellites blew out last year finally (paper cones, it will always happen eventually).

I've pushed these through an old sony and now a newer onkyo receiver and thy have sounded excellent on both.

I usually watch movies and blueray concert DVDs on it and both sound awesome. On occation I need to adjust the sub if a movie decides to do weird stuff with their bass ranges, but thats very rarely. The last "concert" I had at my house was Rush and I played it at concert stadium levels of volume for all my friends and it held up fine. The lows were low, punchy, thumpy and rich and the highs were crisp.

Obviously take this with a grain of salt as this deal today is a much newer model and a smaller sub than mine (which will have very different results than a larger sub).

Point is, it's taken a huge beating and I would have no issues buying another cheap JBL set again to replace my current set should it die on me one day.

jkinzel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkinzel

Many of the Amazon reviews complain about the sub woofer being flaky and dying early:

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Channel-SCS145-5-Surround-Speaker/product-reviews/B000VZP040/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

szapinski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages szapinski

Hmmm... Can't decide.

teedo757

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teedo757

Well if you figure they normally only sell 1,000 craps (ends up be 3,000 because everyone gets a qty of 3) and your spreading that out over 12 days......im guessing there are only about 100 bags a night.

Miroresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miroresh

I own the previous version of these and they sound great. I used to work in Circuit City so I had access to a lot of sound systems, I also did some custom home installations for customers. From all the satellite systems I heard, these took the cake. Very close to the mid level polk audio which came in first place for me but with a $799 price tag.

I compared the older version of these (125SAT) to the Bose and yes, Bose was louder but also running at $999-$1299 depending on the model. I said louder, not better.

I just bought these to replace my old ones and add to my existing ones (2 went bad due to age and dropping them during moving so much) to complete a 7.2 system matching an HK Avr1710.

For this price, you can't go wrong.

szapinski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages szapinski
Miroresh wrote:I own the previous version of these and they sound great. I used to work in Circuit City so I had access to a lot of sound systems, I also did some custom home installations for customers. From all the satellite systems I heard, these took the cake. Very close to the mid level polk audio which came in first place for me but with a $799 price tag.

I compared the older version of these (125SAT) to the Bose and yes, Bose was louder but also running at $999-$1299 depending on the model. I said louder, not better.

I just bought these to replace my old ones and add to my existing ones (2 went bad due to age and dropping them during moving so much) to complete a 7.2 system matching an HK Avr1710.

For this price, you can't go wrong.

Sold! In for one. In your face Woot!

cangelil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cangelil
jkinzel wrote:Many of the Amazon reviews complain about the sub woofer being flaky and dying early:

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Channel-SCS145-5-Surround-Speaker/product-reviews/B000VZP040/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

I work for JBL and am very familiar with this system. It has done so well in our speaker mix that it has been around awhile in a couple of different finishes (silver) and model names. With this current model and inventory there should be no reason for concern with the subwoofer. We haven't seen any recent issues with it and I think more current reviews reflect this. At the price it's a tremendous value (it even includes brackets) and would be a great start to an affordable home theater.

stanchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanchris

More info on Crapmass Please. What is the procedure and I do understand it's a midnight thing?

POB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages POB

This is actually quite a nice system for the size and this price. If I needed one, I'd buy it.

zadriel

quality posts: 8 Private Messages zadriel

How is this woot worthy? According to all the reviews, it was possible for this system to be purchased for $150 on the manufacturers website when it was on sale. How is this a deal again?

cangelil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cangelil
zadriel wrote:How is this woot worthy? According to all the reviews, it was possible for this system to be purchased for $150 on the manufacturers website when it was on sale. How is this a deal again?

The reviews are probably referring to a closeout of the older SCS145.5 system which was a silver finish. A check of current pricing for this model will show this Woot as a tremendous value.

shadow7118

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadow7118

Will this speaker set work okay with my Sony STR-DH720 7.1-Channel 3D A/V Receiver??

I've had the Sony Receiver, but have been looking for a set of speakers which I just purchased.. but I didn't realize this was a Powered Sub till now?? (I assume the Sony Receiver was already powered?)

Thanks for any info you can offer.