lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Klipsch Wired or Bluetooth Headphones
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard or $9 Two-Day or $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Klipsch Wired or Bluetooth Headphones
Price: $49.99 - $99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

Read the Blog Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

Well bit.ly was down the entire time for me, finally loaded and sold out instantly lol.

slftamu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slftamu

Seriously, the Brigadier of Carolling sold out in less than 10 seconds.

alanisrox69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alanisrox69

Got the Brigadier of Carolling Woot woot!

cgcozines

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cgcozines

I got to the Antechamber of Doom again but no Bushel of Crapmas joy!

clutterbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clutterbug

Crap crap crap crap crappy crap crap crap. Didn't get any crap. Ugh.

FoolScott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FoolScott

5 antechambers of doom in a row. Awesome.

woosteda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woosteda
alanisrox69 wrote:Got the Brigadier of Carolling Woot woot!

Lucky was sold out in under 1 min White Tundra Frost

for the ALLIANCE

special72

quality posts: 2 Private Messages special72
darkinc wrote:Well bit.ly was down the entire time for me, finally loaded and sold out instantly lol.

Ditto...another crappy crapless night for me.

scooter550

quality posts: 4 Private Messages scooter550

AAAGGGHHRRRRRMMMMTTHTHHT!

I got to the review your order screen, it says: "Look this over. If it all looks right, click the "place your order" button to finish buying your stuff. "

BUT THERE'S NO BUTTON!!!!

Gratuitous online recipe organizer plug!

mackie112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mackie112

I got a Bag of Coal literally at 12 when the site changed. I wonder when woot ships these and if they actually include wrench pens.

brianjbrady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianjbrady

Starting to think I'm on "the list". So many virgin wooters got crap.
cue: http://www.priceisrightfail.com

jomion

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jomion

WOOT! Just committed to the Logitech UE6000's for more, and you come out with this? Ahhhhh!

I need more...

cherrybomb22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cherrybomb22

Can anyone reveal contents of a Bag of Coal they have gotten??

I'm sick and tired of the Antichamber of doom

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3542 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com and check out the product page

and

Let's learn all about the warranty

scooter550

quality posts: 4 Private Messages scooter550
cherrybomb22 wrote:Can anyone reveal contents of a Bag of Coal they have gotten??

I'm sick and tired of the Antichamber of doom

You used to get real crap, generally open boxes of items that had come up on woot, with parts missing. Maybe a t-shirt and a koozie too. Lately it looks like they've been full of things that are moving slowly on the evil The Grinch Who Stole Christmas site. The fun has allways been in trying to get one though. If you expect to recieve something worth a lot more than $3 you're probably going to be dissapointed. Probably...

edit: evil ove-rlor-ds maps to evil The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, cool

Gratuitous online recipe organizer plug!

sysop073

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sysop073

I couldn't care less about getting a Bag of Coal, I just wish people could keep the whining off of discussion forums for products I'm actually interested in

gogo2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gogo2
darkinc wrote:Well bit.ly was down the entire time for me, finally loaded and sold out instantly lol.

Is this Klipsch Image One BLUETOOTH good buy?

shirlema

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shirlema
scooter550 wrote:I really miss the crashing the servers days.

Man, I would open up 45 tabs trying to get just one to load... And still it wouldn't do it

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

Would it be possible to have a discussion about these headphones?

bowlingb

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bowlingb
mdnorman wrote:Would it be possible to have a discussion about these headphones?

Probably not until woot finishes up with this whole "bags of crapmas" schtick.

BTW you haven't received a true Brigadier of Carolling until you get one leaking fluid of some sort upon delivery.

PS For those who want to discuss/whine about the Brigadier of Carolling there is a whole blog post over here that you can post on rather than the current product page.

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17

Hey woot!Here's an idea-delete/move all this Brigadier of Carolling "stuff"so we can see some relevant posts,huh??????

tommoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommoo

The waffles come out all mooshy...

solfrost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solfrost

I bought the wired headphones on the last go around... cosmetically, they're beautiful, and well-made. They're comfortable to wear, and they do a good job with noise isolation. Sound-wise... the sound is SUPER colored, heavy bass response and almost nothing else. Unless you're a basshead I'd stay away from these if you want anything close to a neutral or crisp sound.

rythym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rythym

I bought a pair of the wired version at the last woot sale of these headphones. I love the fact that they don't really need an amp to sound awesome. The bass is really boomy. So if you like hearing the bass loud and clear, you'll love these headphones. I played in the low brass section in band, so hearing those sweet bass lines is music to my ears. The mids are not the greatest on these headphones. I have a pair of studio monitor headphones that really shows me the difference between a pair of cans that reproduce mids well and these. For $50 these can't be beat. I have the wired version so I can't comment on the bluetooth headphones.

pamtriplett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamtriplett
solfrost wrote:I bought the wired headphones on the last go around... cosmetically, they're beautiful, and well-made. They're comfortable to wear, and they do a good job with noise isolation. Sound-wise... the sound is SUPER colored, heavy bass response and almost nothing else. Unless you're a basshead I'd stay away from these if you want anything close to a neutral or crisp sound.

Thanks ... I appreciate the review!

stone251

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stone251

WARNING: I bought electronics here that do not work and it has been weeks trying to get someone to contact me to find out how to fix or return and no luck. BUYER BEWARE!

davidswelt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidswelt

Bought these the last time they were on (same price, wired).

I hated them and gave them away a few days later.

The sound is bass heavy, with very little soundstage. Washed-out mid tones, no discernible instruments. Lackluster highs.

Maybe this is good for certain music, but not for the (broad range of) music I like. On the upside, they're comfortable and keep the noise out.

I have or have had Grado SR80i (also below $100), Bose QuietComfort, and in-ear headphones Shure SCL4, Klipsch X10 (nice!!), and Etymotics. All of them are a lot more fun than these.

marquis1photo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marquis1photo

I got these last month on woot. Great for the price. They are comfortable but my big ears do need a rest after a few hours of wearing them. For me that is acceptable. The pillows are very comfortable and do not make my ears sweat. They fold and seam strong. At $50 they are a good deal. At $100 I would pass.

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

dsmegst

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsmegst

I bought the wired version from my local brick and mortar store when they first came out. After a few days, I ended up returning them. I wear glasses and the discomfort with that combined with how tight the cups were made me return them.

I also didn't like the bloated bass and what sounded like distorted highs as well. I didn't give much time for burn in (if you believe in that) but I would have returned them for the discomfort factor anyway.

I compared them from the same source, using uncompressed flac rips. I used a DT-880 as reference and several IEMs as well.

charroch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charroch

Thanks for the reviews folks - your comments have prevented me from making a purchase I wouldn't have enjoyed.

warpedspeed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages warpedspeed

I bought the wired ones a few woots back. I really like them as travel cans. The sound great, are comfortable to wear, and fold up nice. No complaints for $50 bucks -- I may buy a second set.

ulkesh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ulkesh

I picked up a wired pair on the last woot.

They're a decent set of headphones for travel, with some decent (not exceptional) isolation padding. As these fit on-ear, they do exert pressure and tend to make my ears a bit sore after prolonged (multi-hour) usage.

Sound-wise, they are a bit bass-heavy (as others have noticed) but not enough to distract me. The sound is warm with clear (if not perfectly crisp) high ranges.

I bought these to take on trips with me, for the noise-isolating aspect, as well as the folding design and the carry/travel case. For this purpose they have worked well, and I have no qualms about the $50 price.

rdmn57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdmn57

I also got these a few woots back. Good build & sound quality, and you get used to the amount of bass, but you won't get that blissful crispness & balance from genres like folk rock as well as you can with other headphones.

gwilks98

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwilks98

Sorry guys, but I don't recommend these. I opened a support case with Woot to ask if maybe I got a defective pair because of how badly they sound out of the box and the reply I got was "Woot doesn't allow returns for personal reasons."

They microphone is average at best for those wanting to use them for phone calls.

The sound is very low end heavy. When I read that, I was thinking loud punchy bass. Not the case.
Bass is very boomy to the point where it sounds muddy and overdriven. You can make these headphones sound nice if you use an equalizer, but it's very inconvenient to have to change things on a phone for just 1 headset. I even let others at work listen to them and they said the same thing about the low end. As soon as I turned on the EQ, they all agreed, "MUCH better."
Think "90s boom box with the "bass boost" button."

Personally, I feel the stock iphone earpods are a better mic/headset option. Or if you want larger earpieces for sound isolation, pick up a Sennheiser HD202 for a lot less $$$.

The only positives I found were that they are compact and relatively comfortable.

I'm really disappointed in Klipsch/Woot on this one. The sound quality just isn't there for $50 or the MSRP of $150.

gwilks98

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwilks98
rdmn57 wrote:I also got these a few woots back. Good build & sound quality, and you get used to the amount of bass, but you won't get that blissful crispness & balance from genres like folk rock as well as you can with other headphones.

I actually disagree: you can get it if you use an equalizer.
Drop 70hz and 180 hz by about 5db, drop 320 by about 4db, drop 600 by 3db, and raise 1k and above accordingly. You'll be much happier with them. In my opinion, this is how Klipsch should have engineered them.

dsmegst

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsmegst

I like bass, but there are headphones in this price range that does heavy bass well. The ATH-M50, normally at $120 range, has much better quality bass and good highs. The M50s are no quite as portable and don't have phone controls so they're not exactly comparable but the audio qualities are much better at around the same price range.

The M50s are under $100 at the Mothership right now. That's a steal!