jeffiekins

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jeffiekins
solfrost wrote:I bought the wired headphones on the last go around... cosmetically, they're beautiful, and well-made. They're comfortable to wear, and they do a good job with noise isolation. Sound-wise... the sound is SUPER colored, heavy bass response and almost nothing else. Unless you're a basshead I'd stay away from these if you want anything close to a neutral or crisp sound.

Um, I don't want to be a killjoy, but when was anything from Klipsch not obviously colored? I used to sell Klipsch in the 80's (sound pretty similar today), and I like them perfectly well, for some kinds of music, but I wouldn't use them if I was expecting linear sound.

If you like their sound, great. If you don't, buy something more linear. (Same goes for JBL, Bose, Polk, and to a lesser degree Infinity and Yamaha, BTW.)

If you prefer something more linear, there's always Grado, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Martin Logan and Denon. And any British speaker manufacturer.

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

jjccrv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjccrv

got the wired last go around......Like the sound,but the on ear is kind of hard on my 2 delicate ears....I have a small head so they grasp pretty hard...Picked up the Polk noise isolating earbuds a couple of weeks later and LOVE em

hershelk

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hershelk

Got the wired ones last time around and use them primarily for watching videos on my iPad on airplanes. For that purpose, they work great. The earphones are comfortable and do block out a lot of sound. Great value for $50. Would like to go wireless, so am getting a set of the Bluetooth. Hope they are as good.

CT

cardsfanbj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cardsfanbj

Does the 3 button remote work with Android phones?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cardsfanbj wrote:Does the 3 button remote work with Android phones?

Doesn't sound like it will to answer calls. Maybe control volume.

The Image ONE’s audio works with virtually any device that has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and features an Apple-based mic and three-button remote for taking calls and controlling music on iPods, iPhones or iPads. Located on the back of the remote is a directional mic for hands-free, crystal clear phone calls.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

townsend265

quality posts: 0 Private Messages townsend265

Hi, do these headphones have a button for muting the microphone? Thanks.

trs43

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trs43

Bought the wired Ones last time on Woot! I am a headphone junkie, own them from $20 to $400, and have owned dozens along the way. Out of the box, they are a muddy mess. Oh, they have bass, but it's flabby and all over the place. No definition. Mids/highs are veiled as we say. Now for the good part. If you grab say an EQ App on iTunes (Onkyo makes are great one, or EQ10 is another great one), take the bass down with some prejudice (you have to tune it to your taste) and then do an escalator-type run from mids to highs, these things sound like $200 on-ear phones (or higher). I've owned Senns, Audio Technicas, Sonys, Grado (still do) and the Klipsch Ones v2 (I think these are the v2) are fantastic with the right EQ. Of course there are audio snobs who refuse to EQ, and if you walk among them, don't buy these. But if you like to mess with a HP sound via EQ, these babies are great. Comfy, compact, good iso and an iPhone control ... can't be beat at this price.

trs43

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trs43
gwilks98 wrote:I actually disagree: you can get it if you use an equalizer.
Drop 70hz and 180 hz by about 5db, drop 320 by about 4db, drop 600 by 3db, and raise 1k and above accordingly. You'll be much happier with them. In my opinion, this is how Klipsch should have engineered them.

I missed this when I posted. Agree 100 percent. These phones can really sound fantastic with some EQ work. In fact, I really love the sound with EQ, more than a lot of other expensive phones I have owned. Klipsch really messed up the sound on these OOB.

trudykim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trudykim

I received my Bluetooth Image One headphones yesterday. Right out of the box I wasn't too impressed with the fuzzy sound. I did take all the previous comments to heart, and got the Q10 EQ app for my iPod. After tweaking it a bit, I can now say the sound is absolutely awesome! I am very impressed by the comfort of the earpieces, and as I do a lot of international travel, I do need comfort on a long flight. Now, I'm looking forward to leaving my iPod in my bag, and also to being able to use the headphones as a wired piece to plug into the airplanes armrest for movie watching. Color me converted.

troymdaniels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troymdaniels

I forgot how slow the regular shipping option is w/ Woot. I had a notice a few days ago that my item was shipped, and when I look today on USPS it says "Pre-Shipment, Electronic Shipping Info Received". Best to try and forget I ordered these and let it be a surprise when it eventually shows up...

madfiNch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madfiNch

Bluetooth version has horrible lag. Completely useless for watching movies. I like to watch netflix on my iPad while I cook and after my creative bt headphones died the other day I saw this sale and thought it was fate. Very disappointed

fmurdica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fmurdica

Bought 2 and 1 was DOA. Kilpsch wants you to jump through hoops to get warranty service and whoot didn't respond. Stay away there are better options. I'm done with both companies.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fmurdica wrote:Bought 2 and 1 was DOA. Kilpsch wants you to jump through hoops to get warranty service and whoot didn't respond. Stay away there are better options. I'm done with both companies.

I've looked for correspondence from you by both your email address on your woot account and your user name. I'm not finding anything.

Could you PM me the email address you used so I can locate your email?

To PM me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post.

To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nucmedchick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nucmedchick

My Bluetooth headset quit responding. I turned it on and all I can get is a solid blue light. Does not matter how long I press the power button, it won't turn off, reset, or respond in any way. Does anyone know if the unit has a "reboot" switch or combo button reboot?

brotherman38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brotherman38
nucmedchick wrote:My Bluetooth headset quit responding. I turned it on and all I can get is a solid blue light. Does not matter how long I press the power button, it won't turn off, reset, or respond in any way. Does anyone know if the unit has a "reboot" switch or combo button reboot?

With the headset powered off, plug in the USB Charging cable and press hold the ON/OFF and Volume Up button. This should reset the headphones!

falcondrippr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falcondrippr

Bought these from Woot...tried them on a brand new Kindle Fire HDX and a brand new Toshiba P70. I experienced pops, drop-outs and less than a 20' range with virtually all apps except iTunes on the P70...which the unit worked well with, as long as I was within 10' of the computer. The unit did not meet my expectations and I tried to contact Woot on 4 different occasions, all with no reply. Ultimately, my credit card co. refunded my purchase price under their Cardholder Protection Services. Regardless of the price, I will be very hesitant to make any Woot purchases in the future because of their complete lack of customer service. Buyer beware!

fumobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fumobs

Aww, i'm so sad about my purchase...

I bought a wired set from Klipsch, and the Bluetooth set from Woot. Was curious to know how Woot is selling the Bluetooth @ $99 but so many other authorized dealers are selling it at $150 or higher.

Not sure if I just got a bad one or what, but the one I got from Woot is not as good as the one from Klipsch. My review of the Bluetooth from Woot in comparison with the wired from Klipsch is below:

PROS: freedom from wires! button controls on the side of the ears are so convenient.

CONS: feels like the screws weren't tightened on the Bluetooth from Woot...feels cheap or used. "Creaky" sounds when i'm pressing the buttons on the headphones, or even readjusting it (or maybe that's normal?). Sound quality is not as good vs. wired from Klipsch (most people probably don't care or don't even notice). Padding on the ears definitely feel different! I could wear the wired from Klipsch for hours with minor adjusting...but the Bluetooth from Woot gets uncomfortable within an hour. Even pressing into the cans and comparing feels different--like there's no memory foam on the Bluetooth version or something...

Would love to be able to get a replacement from Woot...going to see if it's possible. I'm hoping I just got a bad one.

PS: the Bluetooth works wonders for music with my S3 phone, but will not output audio when using it for calls.