WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woot.com awoke from a dream, and threw open the window. "You there! Boy! What day is it?" The boy shouted back, "Today? Today's the day that Woot.com lets customers log in and pay with their Amazon account!" Woot.com sank to the floor with a happy smile. "I'm not too late," Woot.com whispered to itself. "Thank you, Spirit. Thank you."

Of course, you may now wonder what in the Dickens we're talking about here, and it's simple: Woot.com now offers customers a secure, simple convenient way to pay for their Woot purchases by logging in with their Amazon credentials and selecting their shipping and payment methods from their Amazon account. We're pretty happy about that!

Old Customers will be able to sync their two accounts easily, and new customers can sync from day one, saving everybody lots of typing time. Who wants to do their own data entry when they could be playing with poor Tiny Tim? He's so adorable, isn't he?

Additionally, all purchases made via Amazon Payments are covered by Amazon’s A-to-z guarantee, so you guys know you're safe! Amazon and Woot have been working hard to improve the Woot customer experience ever since the ghost of Jacob Marley demanded we change our ways, so we're happy to have Login and Pay with Amazon added to our payment options. We've got a nice little Amazon Payments FAQ that sums up the whole process right over here, so check it out if you wanna.

stellertony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stellertony

Now if only you could use Amazon Prime for free two-day shipping…

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Amazon lets me use my Discover cash back bonus to pay. That's a big fat YAY for me.

Votes appreciated.

tnn151

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tnn151
stellertony wrote:Now if only you could use Amazon Prime for free two-day shipping…

Seriously!!! Shipping times are becoming outrageous. It used to be somewhat normal, but lately I've had a very poor experience with either not receiving what I ordered and getting my account credited 2 weeks later or wondering when my items will ship after 2 weeks of waiting. Tough to be a woot customer anytime near christmas.

ranwanimator

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ranwanimator

This is hardly a surprise seeing as how woot! was purchased by Amazon not too terribly long ago. Honestly I expected integration a lot sooner than this.

--------------------------END OF LINE

dj5142

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dj5142

Are there plans to allow Amazon Prime members to have some, if not all, items shipped in 2 days for free?

That would be pretty awesome!

shushine999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shushine999
ranwanimator wrote:This is hardly a surprise seeing as how woot! was purchased by Amazon not too terribly long ago. Honestly I expected integration a lot sooner than this.

"Not too terribly long ago"? It's been FOREVER ago.
And my shipping speed has been improved ever since.
I hate having lost the "$5.00 shipping for everything all day" ever since for Woot-Offs. That's my only gripe in the time past the sellout. I have left LOTS of cheap gadgets out of my cart (Haaaacccchh.......P-TOOIE!!! Spits on cart)since then, but the few things I have bought in that time have arrived much faster since I am a Prime member.

vrysen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vrysen

As a Prime member I wouldn't even mind free 3 - 5 day shipping.

vwaudifreak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vwaudifreak
vrysen wrote:As a Prime member I wouldn't even mind free 3 - 5 day shipping.

Same here.

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
stellertony wrote:Now if only you could use Amazon Prime for free two-day shipping…

As amazingly awesome as this would be, I would be broke. I order so much from Amazon now it would bring back my Woot addiction in force.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

myfeustel44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myfeustel44

I AM A NEW CUSTOMER, HAVE ordered several items from your company in the past (3) months, but to date i had to return a "dell" latitude computer, the cost was over ($230.00). i am still waiting FOR THE RE-FUND TO MY VISA CREDIT CRD, AND HAVE REQUESTED THIS TO BE HANDLED, BUT STILL TO REFUND, AND STILL NO ANSWER. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ...*********, OR CALL ME ON ******.THIS IS A SHAME, AS I STILL HAVE MORE ORDERS PENDING, BUT I NEED THE CASH BACK IN MY ACCOUNT.

[MOD EDIT: Deleted Personal Informaiton; for privacy]

mbaur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbaur

Where's the news? :P

Apparently this silently launched: For my last order on Saturday the amazon button was there and I used it.

Less typing and more payment options are always good. The amazon order shows in my order history perfectly normal so looks like good integration. Congrats!

suvwnabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suvwnabe

Will NOT deal with CROOKS at WOOT and will sever any ties with Amazon if they affiliate with WOOT. Might pay a little more on other sites, but at least will get what is ordered and paid for. WOOT is fraudulant!

digitalboi216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitalboi216

nice! very cool update! some sort of prime benefit would rock.

jconner101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jconner101

Must be why I can't get from my basket to checkout. I can see what's in my basket, but when I go to "Place order" either the button is not on the page, or it indicates that I am trying to purchase wine and either need to remove it or prove my age. Maybe Woot is using the unemployed Obamacare web designers on this new option.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 538 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jconner101 wrote:Must be why I can't get from my basket to checkout. I can see what's in my basket, but when I go to "Place order" either the button is not on the page, or it indicates that I am trying to purchase wine and either need to remove it or prove my age. Maybe Woot is using the unemployed Obamacare web designers on this new option.

Update: Developers have identified a problem with checkouts on IE8. They're working on a fix now. In the meantime, try another browser if possible.

◄••• Click

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 538 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

myfeustel44 wrote:I AM A NEW CUSTOMER, HAVE ordered several items from your company in the past (3) months, but to date i had to return a "dell" latitude computer, the cost was over ($230.00). i am still waiting FOR THE RE-FUND TO MY VISA CREDIT CRD, AND HAVE REQUESTED THIS TO BE HANDLED, BUT STILL TO REFUND, AND STILL NO ANSWER. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ...*********, OR CALL ME ON ******.THIS IS A SHAME, AS I STILL HAVE MORE ORDERS PENDING, BUT I NEED THE CASH BACK IN MY ACCOUNT.

[MOD EDIT: Deleted Personal Informaiton; for privacy]

I'm sorry for the problems. You have multiple emails from CS asking for information on the item you returned. You did not request an Return Authorization so we have no record of it being returned. We can't refund until we have the item back. Please provide CS a tracking number as they have requested so we can help you.

◄••• Click