bgrammasueb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bgrammasueb

I drive a support van for Patriot Guard Riders in Arizona. We have guys and gals riding motorcycles to missions and events in 115-120 degree temps. Used one of these to cool down a 79 year old rider having a tough time in the heat. It stayed cool for two hours and helped him feel much better very quickly. We had another rider standing a flag line and start to get woosey. He sat down and we put one of these on top of his head and one around his neck. He felt better very quickly. I highly recommend these not only for comfort, but for safety.

lwang

quality posts: 30 Private Messages lwang

I use to see fat guys with towels of various types around their neck, inside or outside their shirt. I thought it was a hugh hefn3r kind of style that is popular with fat guys (maybe to hide their fat neck?) Now I know why they wear it.

psychoktty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychoktty

I bought one of these awhile back for my boyfriend who has Multiple Sclerosis. With M.S., keeping cool - esp. keeping the brainstem (base of the neck) cool - is very important. He has a heavy cooling vest with ice packs, but sometimes it's just not realistic to put something like that on. The cooling towel does a great job keeping him cool enough to go outside on a hot day, or to spend an extended period of time in a hot kitchen, thus increasing his mobility and options for what he can do with himself on a hot day (not bad for a towel!).

When soaked with water, it does not get you wet at all.

I know that this is marketed more towards athletes, but it is a great product for people with heat sensitivities.

samlou12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samlou12

The cooling towel keeps me cool all day long. Its last for 7-8 hours and I washed it several times, it is still in great condition. I love it

teeps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages teeps

She looks like the nice lady in the movie Scrooged with Bill Murray.

I'm in for two. +1 for Scrooged.

halcyonandon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halcyonandon

Oh how I've missed this company's bad photoshop work.

artillotson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artillotson

I bought these last time they were here and my wife and I brought them to Yosemite. Halfway up Yosemite Point on a very warm sunny day we tried them for the first time. We soaked them and draped them around our necks. We were very surprised at how effective they were at cooling us down. We would have made it up without them but they kept us comfortable enough that we could enjoy the views instead of worrying about the heat.

NEONNIGHT34609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NEONNIGHT34609

got these last woot. they dont work in florida. huge disappointment

KingAdrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingAdrock

Cooling towels. Just in time for winter.

*Facepalm*

chrisrealxgear1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chrisrealxgear1
joecooool wrote:I live in Florida and these are useless. They work in low humidity environments.

I am from RealxGear, regarding humidity and effectiveness of evaporative cooling technology humidity does effect the cooling towel however the cooling effect does work in climates such as Dallas, Houston and even Florida. Evaporative Cooling whether humid or not will still work but may not be as extreme as a dry climates. If you look at the Fox News Deal or Dud that was filmed in Dallas which is more humid than a dry climate

Tatts

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tatts
joecooool wrote:I live in Florida and these are useless. They work in low humidity environments.

Which is why, interestingly, the natives of the Amazon rain forest don't have sweat glands. They'd be useless.

chrisrealxgear1

Tatts wrote:Which is why, interestingly, the natives of the Amazon rain forest don't have sweat glands. They'd be useless.

Never been to the Amazon....but been in Houston with the xtreme cooling towel..and its works quite well!

schorert

quality posts: 2 Private Messages schorert

I buy these every time they're available, these are average size and slightly thinner than other towels I've bought. I use them in my outdoor shower, even my indoor shower in place of cotton towels, they're fantastic and leave you very dry. I usually throw one in a suitcase when travelling.

I use them for camping, golf(take two golfing-rotating them through a bag of ice-awesome!), drying a car after washing, kayaking as a bailing sponge. I've even used them as a dishtowel. I'm in for a couple more packs!

zhinka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zhinka

I have 3 of these for my dogs, they work really well at keeping my english mastiffs cooler during walks, I put them on their backs and around the throat to cool them down.
the towels do have an odd odor but a few hand washes gets rid of that.

If you Don't Rescue, DON'T BREED!

mh2s

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mh2s

Have bought several packs of these, Have given away 9 towels. One to a fisherman and he loves it. Another to a neighbor's sons in Little League, they love them. Also as these are so wide you can refold and it lasts longer. Warning, after washing they dry however you leave them, like a stiff sheet of cardboard. So now fold to dry. Some have said when they dried them folded they got moldy, I haven't had that problem.

Also bought other ones that were narrower and more pliable, the ones you snap to restart the cooling... had to do that every 2 or 3 minutes. Plus they were 3x what paid for these, hate them.

BTW I live in Florida.

lfarmer5221

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lfarmer5221

I bought these the last time they were on woot. They are horrible - you get what you pay for in this case. Hard as a rock even when wet and do not do the job they are supposed to do. Don't waste your money.

chrisrealxgear1

lfarmer5221 wrote:I bought these the last time they were on woot. They are horrible - you get what you pay for in this case. Hard as a rock even when wet and do not do the job they are supposed to do. Don't waste your money.

Check out the deal or dud ....the proof is in the third party video ....keeps you up to 20 degrees cooler

Dont take my word for it! Check out the Fox News Deal or Dud

RealxGear Keeping you cool when everyone else is overheating!

Chris with RealxGear

lwang

quality posts: 30 Private Messages lwang
chrisrealxgear1 wrote:Check out the deal or dud ....the proof is in the third party video ....keeps you up to 20 degrees cooler

Dont take my word for it! Check out the Fox News Deal or Dud

RealxGear Keeping you cool when everyone else is overheating!

Chris with RealxGear

that could be the surface temp, but is that the temp of the whole rag? If not, the 20 deg cooler surface might provide a brief cooling, but will not transfer much heat away from the body.

chrisrealxgear1

lwang wrote:that could be the surface temp, but is that the temp of the whole rag? If not, the 20 deg cooler surface might provide a brief cooling, but will not transfer much heat away from the body.

The cooling towel cools the body temperature by evaporation cooling. No different than a warehouse that utilizes a swamp cooler to reduce the ambient temperature by flash evaporation. The heat of the body changes due to the cooling of the towel.. a cotton towel will work the same way but because it evaporates real quickly the cotton towel will work only for a few seconds where the xtreme cooling towel holds water and has a cooling effect that reduces body temperature by evaporation cooling. Misting systems, swamp coolers, and now cooling towels, caps and visors work with the same technology.
RealxGear

Gladeye

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Gladeye

Wow. Not a single comment about how these kinky little towels can be used in the bedroom. Google it, if you don't know!

chrisrealxgear1

Gladeye wrote:Wow. Not a single comment about how these kinky little towels can be used in the bedroom. Google it, if you don't know!

Great for hot flashes of all kinds.
Especially menopause

Alleykatden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alleykatden

Has anyone had their order ship yet? Mine says shipping now and had been at that for days. This is a Christmas present so at this point I'm just hoping it ships soon enough to get here on time.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

Alleykatden wrote:Has anyone had their order ship yet? Mine says shipping now and had been at that for days. This is a Christmas present so at this point I'm just hoping it ships soon enough to get here on time.

It SHOULD still get there in time. It's still within the 5 business days, so it should go out by tomorrow or Wednesday.

mycroft1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mycroft1

ordered on dec 10th, not shipped as of dec 17th. must being made to order in Mexico. China would have shipped same day!

grandmoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grandmoo

Same here on nothing being shipped yet. The charge has cleared my credit card though. Hmmm, thought it wasn't supposed to be charged until order was in full bore processing...not in any particular hurry, it just doesn't seem quite like Woot. At least all the Woots I've done since 2005 (damn, Skippy, didn't realize I'd been at it that long!).

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 106 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

It looks like these shipped yesterday, I'm going to PM you two tracking, but it's likely we'll have these imported into our system today and emailed out soon(ish).

Alleykatden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alleykatden

Got my shipping email just now. Least it seems they are being sent one day shipping. It estimates it'll be here tomorrow and says it was shipped today. Glad since it means I'll have this for my Mom.

kgeissler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgeissler

Mine shipped also, but was suppose to be delivered on the 17th. 17th came and went. So did the 18th, 19th and 20th. Can someone tell me what is going on? The USPS hasn't moved this item in 5 days.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200830074465176