thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Here are some quick unofficial FAQ's about Woot's current shipping.

My email made it seem like my entire order would be in one shipment. Where is the rest of my stuff?
Woot's newest shipping emails can be tricky to read.
I nabbed a screen grab of what the email looks like to break down some key points:

*The Red box lets us know that, "If you have more packages on the way to complete this order, we'll email you the tracking info for those as they are shipped." (Just in case the image doesn't load.)
*The Purple Box shows you what it will look like if you get a second, third, etc. tracking number for one order. It will give you the newest tracking number, and list any previous tracking numbers for that order. (Please note, it does not tell you what is in each package, woot likes to surprise you.)

Another thing to note here is - There is currently not a way to check and see how many shipments it will take to complete your order.

How long will it take my items to ship?
The estimated shipping times/dates for every item are listed on the sale page for that item, or in the Stuff You Bought area of your account. If it says 3-8 days, they mean M-F, holidays excluded, to get the box out the door. This is not the time it will take to get into your hands. If you don't have a shipping email or tracking number by the end of business on the last estimated day, it may be time to contact support. Click Here for more information.

My Order Status has said "Awaiting Shipping" for DAYS, where is my stuff?
When an order is processed to an Amazon Shipping Center, the labels get printed off every 15 minutes or so, and put into a "pull" pile for the order pullers. Depending on how far down in the pile you are - it could take days for that shipping sticker to find its way onto a box with your stuff in it. (This is also why orders cannot be cancelled and shipping addresses cannot be changed after the fact.)

Is my package coming directly from woot?
Probably not. Woot is utilizing Amazon Shipping Centers, Vendor Drop Shipping, and sends a very few select things out themselves. Sometimes your box will say Woot!, sometimes Amazon smiles will greet you, sometimes a vendor name on the label.

My tracking information doesn't show anything, what's up with that?
Sometimes it can take a day or two for the shipment to get onto a truck to its shipping facility, or for FedEx/UPS/USPS/BobTheSmartPostSnail to scan the package at a sorting facility. It should update in a few days. (Speaking of smartpost, if your tracking link takes you to USPS and it's not showing anything yet *sometimes* it means your package is traveling SmartPost - and you can pop that number into Fedex's Tracking site for an update.)

My order arrived damaged/broken/missing pieces/etc.! OR If your order shows delivered, but isn't at your delivery address.
In this case, contacting Woot Customer Support via email to support@woot.com from your account associated email address, with your order number, and a full description of your issue is the step to take. (For more information on when/how/why/were/who/bubblegum to contact Woot Customer Support, CLICK HERE.)
*ETA - Link to Support Webform was removed because the form is not working consistently. If that changes I will add that link back in.

Also see - ►► Thunderthighs’ Tips for Happy Wooter Shopping, for additional information.

I hope this helped some of you. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask, post etc.

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

One other good practice if your item has been showing "Shipping Now" for longer than your estimated delivery is to check the forum discussion for the item you purchased prior to contacting support staff. Occasionally a vendor will have issues with shipping out a particular item, and when this happens sometimes shipping updates are posted in the discussion thread by staff.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Nicely done. Thank you for being so helpful in the community!

(You too, Lichme!)

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

thumperchick

Known current delays:

None at this time.

jthebird1977

quality posts: 35 Private Messages jthebird1977
thumperchick wrote:

[/b]
In this case, contacting Woot Customer Support via their Support Page OR send a message to support@woot.com from your account associated email address, with your order number, and a full description of your issue is the step to take.

Thanks Thumperchick for the handy info. Not sure where to put this, but ADQ mentioned that the support page linked above rarely works and to use the email address.
I have first hand experience. Recently i submitted two queries using woot's support page form with no response whatsoever(not even a case number email.) When sending to the email address, I at least received an auto response with a case number within an hour so that I knew I had made it to the queue.
Maybe TT, AQ, or other knowledgeable staff member could clarify?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

thumperchick

jthebird1977 wrote:Thanks Thumperchick for the handy info. Not sure where to put this, but ADQ mentioned that the support page linked above rarely works and to use the email address.

I'll update my threads to reflect this. Thank you for the head's up!

thumperchick

I figured here would be a good spot for this.
Anyone else have this happen to them?

Yes, that is for one of my current woot orders. What is so strange is that the news apparently doesn't cover cargo train derailments?

thumperchick

I thought this needed to be here:

lichme wrote:I see here that you are new to woot. Let me explain how shipping typically works.

When you look at an item, it will show the estimated shipping time. Items shipping directly from woot typically ship in 1-2 business days. Some items can be ship from other sources, like directly from the vendor. These items typically take 3-5 business days.

Here is a sample of where to find that information

Note that when I say "ship", I mean the length of time that it takes to leave the warehouse. It will then typically take an additional 3-8 business days for time in transit before it arrives.

If you purchased an item on 12/14, you are still very early on in the shipping process, especially if the item is being shipped by a vendor.

If the item you purchased had an estimated ship date of 3-5 business days, it could be as late as Friday before it leaves the warehouse. Add an additional 3-8 business days for transit time, and that puts you at December 26th - January 6th (or sooner, depending on time it takes for delivery). Transit time can vary greatly, based on how far you are from where the item originated. I personally normally get items in 2 days after they ship, so your results may vary here.

If it was shipped from woot, then you will probably get tracking info today or tomorrow, and you will probably get it by Christmas.

Some items offer expedited shipping that you can take advantage of for an additional charge. What's a couple extra bucks compared to the stress of waiting out the clock?

To see your estimated shipping time, you can check in the Stuff You Bought page. The estimated shipping will be listed as "Shipping Speed" beside the item you purchased. Add this time to the estimated time on the item you purchased to get the final estimate.

For the example above (Sewing machine), if purchased today, one could expect to receive it in 6-13 business days by adding the two dates together.

cds9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cds9000

Did woot discontinue the "$5 all-day shipping" policy? I recall that if even if you placed multiple orders in the same day, you didn't pay the $5 shipping on subsequent orders...

ThunderThighs

Staff

cds9000 wrote:Did woot discontinue the "$5 all-day shipping" policy? I recall that if even if you placed multiple orders in the same day, you didn't pay the $5 shipping on subsequent orders...

Yes, that promotion ended when we introduced the Woot Shopping Cart. You can ship everything you stuff into your cart for $5.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mamballama

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamballama

Any chance Woot will adopt the practice of telling the Wooters exactly which items are in a particular shipment? When there are multiple packages being shipped under different tracking numbers, it is always a mystery which items are in which boxes.

Sometimes a little mail-order mystery can be fun:
Yippee! My itty-bitty-teeny-weeny Sonic BOOM!nator SubWooters have arrived!

But sometimes you really need to know which stuff is coming when:
Hmm. Seems like I've been waiting forever for my mylar-lined thermal underpants to arrive. Darn. Guess I'll just have to layer up for my trip to the frozen Yukon.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mamballama wrote:Any chance Woot will adopt the practice of telling the Wooters exactly which items are in a particular shipment? When there are multiple packages being shipped under different tracking numbers, it is always a mystery which items are in which boxes.

Sometimes a little mail-order mystery can be fun:
Yippee! My itty-bitty-teeny-weeny Sonic BOOM!nator SubWooters have arrived!

But sometimes you really need to know which stuff is coming when:
Hmm. Seems like I've been waiting forever for my mylar-lined thermal underpants to arrive. Darn. Guess I'll just have to layer up for my trip to the frozen Yukon.

It's on the list and a high priority. Stay tuned.

FORUM MODERATOR

mamballama

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamballama

Thanks!

daoca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daoca
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, that promotion ended when we introduced the Woot Shopping Cart. You can ship everything you stuff into your cart for $5.

Whaaaat? I was just about to order a bunch of extra crud...

This is highly disappointing.

thumperchick

Just some cuteness bumping the thread.

nestee90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nestee90

So for my inquiry I wrote the the SUpport page and this was the response yesterday:

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.
It looks like your order was expected to start processing on 8/14/14. Please allow at least 3 to 8 business days from this date for the order or tracking information to arrive. It might show up sooner. Remember weekends and holidays don't count. If you don’t see anything within this time frame, let us know and we’ll try to get some answers.

Regards,
Wade
Woot Member Services

===========================

Yesterday was the 9th business day since 8/14; today is the 10th business and I am still seeing no movement on my delivery on the FedEx delivery site. And I have not been provided a status of my package. Service at WOOT is IMHO is at the very bottom. This is like my 11th inquiry combined with my SUPPORT page submission and blog posts. As Charles Barkley sez: "TURRIBLE"

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry about that. I'll add you to my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

FORUM MODERATOR

TheSpin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheSpin

For the record, I just wanted to mention that if I would have known my purchase would take so long to ship, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

I'm not very likely to buy anything else from Woot due to the long shipping times and difficulty contacting customer support.

I do appreciate the tone of the site; I think I could fit right in here if the business put as much effort into the actual business as they put into their sense of humor.

I guess I kinda expected more in terms of customer service due to the ties with Amazon.

ThunderThighs

Staff

TheSpin: Welcome to woot. We're know for good prices but try to save money on shipping costs which means things can take longer.

Each sale will state the time it will take to ship out - leave the warehouse - below the price. Then allow time for transit as noted on the order detail page.

FORUM MODERATOR

sphoxay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sphoxay
ThunderThighs wrote:TheSpin: Welcome to woot. We're know for good prices but try to save money on shipping costs which means things can take longer.

Each sale will state the time it will take to ship out - leave the warehouse - below the price. Then allow time for transit as noted on the order detail page.

Hello! It has been 3 weeks and my order is still saying Shipping Now, the items description says 3-8 days. I sent numerous emails to support and no one has email me back, it would be nice to have someone response to any of my email. If the item is no longer available issue me a refund or let me know why my item is taking 3 weeks to get ship. Next time I will definitely pay through Amazon account. WOOT = POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Order #XXX

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

sphoxay wrote:Hello! It has been 3 weeks and my order is still saying Shipping Now, the items description says 3-8 days. I sent numerous emails to support and no one has email me back, it would be nice to have someone response to any of my email. If the item is no longer available issue me a refund or let me know why my item is taking 3 weeks to get ship. Next time I will definitely pay through Amazon account. WOOT = POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Order #XXX

I'll escalate your case to CS in my afternoon report.

KikiB163

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KikiB163

Having similar issues to above customers. Now on the 11th business day since my order and my order status has said 'shipping now' for 10 of those. I am really upset with the responses I've gotten from CS - all just telling me to wait as they have no information from their vendor. Maybe it's time to drop that vendor, then, if they preform so poorly.

If I had known the shipping would take over twice what was stated on the item page, I'd never have ordered it. Extremely disappointed.