machinenoise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages machinenoise
theco2 wrote:I thought maybe it was me. I was trying to add something else to my cart and it isn't working. I notice the black number on the cart isn't showing, either, when I go to add something.

I am getting the same problem! I sent woot! a support message. Hope they weren't hacked.

hitekredneck59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hitekredneck59
Dman27 wrote:Can you play stuff from a browser on the Roku 3, like you can Chromecast? ... I am between the two for an XMAS present ... I just have a feeling chromecast will be better in the long run?

You can set up Plex Media Server on your PC and install the Plex Media channel on your Roku. Once you get that all set up you can stream virtually any video or audio content from your PC to the Roku. Google Chrome even has a Plex extension that will allow you to create a favorite button named "Plex It" and if you are on a page that contains video, click on that button and Chrome will que your web page video content into your Plex Media Server to play via your Roku.

ohowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohowe

I grabbed one. I have a 5M Internet, so I hope it'll support streaming well.

BTW, I did have problems with the cart with Win7/Firefox 25.01. I was able to get it to work with IE9 on the same PC.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 591 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

machinenoise wrote:I am getting the same problem! I sent woot! a support message. Hope they weren't hacked.

We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering problems and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

It sounds like people are able to order on mobile devices so you might try that if you can.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nikkipoooo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nikkipoooo
ThunderThighs wrote:We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering problems and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

It sounds like people are able to order on mobile devices so you might try that if you can.

I had no luck using Dolphin browser on my Android phone, or the Silk browser on my Kindle. I submitted a ticket already, though.

Jeep274

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jeep274
ThunderThighs wrote:We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering problems and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

FYI: I cleared my browsers cache and can now add to cart successfully.

scyber

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scyber
lionel47 wrote:Not good enough. I have a standalone file server appliance that I cannot install any software on except for firmware updates. It is DLNA-compliant so it can be discovered easily. Chaneru needs you to install its server software on your PC or Mac. It's a no go for me.

The new version of Chaneru does not require a software install on a PC. It can browse Media servers on its own.

celeste91784

quality posts: 8 Private Messages celeste91784
hendersrh wrote:Yes, but some folks who need extra volume without shutting off audio access by the rest of the family can ALSO do this... AFTER plugging your headphones into the remote, go to the volume buttons on the side of the remote and do the following... up, up, down, down, up, up, up, down, down, down. Now you can hear thru your headphones WITHOUT killing the tv volume. sweet, huh?

Thanx for this tip. I got my Roku 3 a couple of wks ago and connected it. I have a home audio system, and I can't get audio thru it with this Roku. I have to turn on the audio on my TV. My Roku2XS had no issues with the audio system, so at this point I don't know if I should go back to the Roku2 or find a fix. I'm not tech-savvy, so if anyone knows how to fix the audio problem with the Roku3 I'll be forever grateful.

scyber

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scyber

I'd also point out that the latest Roku firmware adds some chromecast-like functionality. With the latest version of Netflix on my smartphone, both my chromecast and my Roku 3 appear as casting "targets". I can select a video on my phone and send it to the chromecast or the Roku 3.

redrotors

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redrotors

For those looking to cast to Roku from a phone/tablet you might want to check out Twonky Beam. Like roku it has it's limits but it may do enough for some.
http://twonky.com/

Also see that Chromecast has added some new tricks.
http://lifehacker.com/chromecast-adds-ten-new-apps-including-vevo-beyondpod-1480381338

jdpurvis3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdpurvis3
yfaber wrote:Woot owner Amazon carries this device brand new (and free shipping with Prime) for $88.

So it's $70 refurb (including shipping) with a 90 day warranty, or $18 more for brand new, full warranty, retail packaging and present-worthy.

Sorry Woot, this time you lose.

From what I can see, the warranty on a new Roku 3 is only 90 days so no difference with the refurb one here.

ngross32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngross32

White Tundra Frost? Tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox, but cannot click the ADD TO CART button in any of the three.

ndvalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndvalla

Refurbished 2XS for cheap on new egg

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/108730/newegg---roku-2-xs-wireless-1080p-hd-media-player-refurbished

robbinlynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbinlynn
kwibble wrote:CAN'T put anything in my shopping CART...is anyone else having problems?

Can't add anything to my cart here either.

Windows 7
Both Chrome and IE.

robbinlynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbinlynn
Jeep274 wrote:FYI: I cleared my browsers cache and can now add to cart successfully.

Perfect, thanks. Worked for me.

2steve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2steve

Using Chrome, Worked Fine, ordered one, whish'ed i had a coupon code. The $5 ship hurts.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. Can you try another browser?

Then let me know the OS & browser you're using so we can research the problem. Thanks!

What are you doing over here traitor..!

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 591 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering problems and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

PS: Looks like clearing out your browser's temp/cache may help.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

steveken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages steveken
TheRaven wrote:I found this posted on a forum:

"This will output multi-gigabyte .wtv files in a new Windows 7 library, probably C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV. Except they'll be named long, default filenames like Raising Hope_KATVDT_2013_02_19_20_59_00.wtv that won't work later on."

This is pretty funny to me. I live in the KATV viewing area. It is an ABC affiliate. They don't ever show "Raising Hope" on it. It's a FOX show. Wonder who wrote that post up. Anyway, just kinda funny to me.

For those on the fence about getting this, DO IT! DO IT NOW!! You will love it.

NoThru22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NoThru22
ThunderThighs wrote:Your Roku came with a Roku warranty. It would be faster to contact them directly for a replacement. We do not carry the parts and can only offer a refund.

How exactly can I explain it to make them care that the picture on your website was incorrect? A Google image search shows the remote that you gave me, not the remote that you advertised with it.

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647

I am as much an Apple fanboy as anybody and recent cable (well, DirecTv) cutter. I bought the Roku 2HD from Woot! a few weeks ago b/c there are four tv's in the house (although only 3 people, this is America after all) and I had two Apple TV's.

I'm glad I got the Roku instead of another ATV. I can get Amazon Prime and some private stations that show the old stuff I like.

If you're deciding between this and ATV, Apple wins with youtube and Airplay (if you have a compatible device); Ruku wins with Amazon Prime.

Get both and just keep extra HDMI and power cords attached, detach and move from room to room as needed!

kaphinezero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaphinezero

Just got this last week from Target, everything works great except playing mkv files. I installed USB media player and it sees the MKV but will not play audio (this is even when Roku is directly plugged via HDMI cable). Buddy of mine has Roku2 and has no issue playing mkv files off USB flash drive. Still have Western Digital Media Player for but was trying to consolidate to one box.

rjapril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjapril

Anyone have a comparison between Roku and AppleTV? Wondering if having both makes sense. The only advantage I see is I'll be able to get Amazon Prime streaming movies (which is certainly and advantage). Thanks for advice!

kcrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcrow
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems ordering. I've turned in a trouble ticket.

If you could let me know the

Device
OS
Browser
Exactly what's happening (can't click "I want one"; can't click "Add to Cart"; can't click "Place Your Order," etc)

That would help us pin down the problem.

Add to cart does not work. It looks like a pop-up comes when it works ( I got it to work on chrome in windows 7) did not work on chrome on the mac. May be a pop-up blocker issue.

doryg151

quality posts: 2 Private Messages doryg151

They have issues with some TVs my Toshiba's HDMI can not connect. (the physical plug is fine its the software)
I have also seen Sharp TVs with issues. Check compatibility.
Also Roku's Customer support is Horrible. I like my old Roku XD but the 3 I bought on sale two weeks ago has been nothing but a problem.

PS my Chromcast and my Roku XD work with the Toshiba TV just fine.

Lkmefoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lkmefoy

Just placed an successful order on first try using an old Dell laptop, WinXP and Firefox (perhaps things do get better with age?).

kcrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcrow
kcrow wrote:Add to cart does not work. It looks like a pop-up comes when it works ( I got it to work on chrome in windows 7) did not work on chrome on the mac. May be a pop-up blocker issue.

You are throwing an exception on line 1902 of jquery.min.js. If customer browser does not stop on exception, then they can continue to order as I did. Otherwise no go.

chrome debugger shows this.
exception: DOMException
code: 12
message: "Failed to execute query: '[test!='']:sizzle' is not a valid selector."

[MOD: THANKS! Passed the info on!]

Seihaku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seihaku

Bought one of these new when they came out. Excellent device, love the Search feature. Netflix was finally updated a month ago to include a slick new interface and User Profiles.

Search feature lets you search for any Movie, TV show, actor, director, etc; and it will show you exactly where you can watch, with a subscription, free, or purchasable. Great time saver.

atomizer

quality posts: 14 Private Messages atomizer

For what it's worth, I made a purchase just fine last night using Firefox on Win8.

celeste91784 wrote:Thanx for this tip. I got my Roku 3 a couple of wks ago and connected it. I have a home audio system, and I can't get audio thru it with this Roku. I have to turn on the audio on my TV. My Roku2XS had no issues with the audio system, so at this point I don't know if I should go back to the Roku2 or find a fix. I'm not tech-savvy, so if anyone knows how to fix the audio problem with the Roku3 I'll be forever grateful.

This Roku sends A/V via HDMI; if you want to get video to your TV and audio to your receiver, you have to do one of two things: connect the Roku to your TV and your TV's audio out (say, digital optical) to your receiver, or connect the Roku to the receiver (assuming it's one of the newer ones with HDMI) and the receiver to the TV via HDMI. If you have further questions you can PM me, I may not notice if you respond in this thread.

87 Woot-offs; 4 random craps

Chickaboo1962

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Chickaboo1962
hendersrh wrote:Yes, but some folks who need extra volume without shutting off audio access by the rest of the family can ALSO do this... AFTER plugging your headphones into the remote, go to the volume buttons on the side of the remote and do the following... up, up, down, down, up, up, up, down, down, down. Now you can hear thru your headphones WITHOUT killing the tv volume. sweet, huh?

Does this really work?

♫♫♫♫♫ Woot♪a♪licious ♫♫♫♫♫

j4rowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j4rowell

Worked on my phone. Wouldn't allow for me to add in either IE or Google Chrome.

woofer47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woofer47

Seems like only an OK deal. Sam's Club has new 3's for a real good price. By the time you add shipping to the cost at Woot, you can get a new one for only $16-$17 additional. I have bought one refurbished 2XD and I am extremely pleased. Still own one of the original units - working fine. Newer ones have more channels available, though. Newer ones can add Plex channel which will communicate with a computer with Plex server installed, which adds media center functionality. A real good channel is ESPN. The other Monday evening. U-verse was being persnickety, so I watched football on the Roku's ESPN channel. Another good channel is Simple.TV. Check it out.

TheRaven

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TheRaven
kaphinezero wrote:Just got this last week from Target, everything works great except playing mkv files. I installed USB media player and it sees the MKV but will not play audio (this is even when Roku is directly plugged via HDMI cable). Buddy of mine has Roku2 and has no issue playing mkv files off USB flash drive. Still have Western Digital Media Player for but was trying to consolidate to one box.

MKV is a wrapper. You may have your MKV's encoded in a way that's incompatible with your Roku for playback. I believe there are very specific codecs that need to be used and you can NEVER encode using DTS audio. Just AC3 5.1. I'm not sure what codec the video has to be encoded with to play on the Roku.

Maybe you should get one of the MKV's from your friend and see if it plays and ask him how he's making them. ;-)

jgantert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgantert

Add to Cart button doesn't work, also the image buttons don't work. I can only view the main image. Also the Specs, Sales Stats and Top Comments tabs don't work.

Basically nothing working on woot.com today. Software testing fail.

Ubuntu 12.04, Chrome 32 dev browser.

kaphinezero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaphinezero
TheRaven wrote:MKV is a wrapper. You may have your MKV's encoded in a way that's incompatible with your Roku for playback. I believe there are very specific codecs that need to be used and you can NEVER encode using DTS audio. Just AC3 5.1. I'm not sure what codec the video has to be encoded with to play on the Roku.

Maybe you should get one of the MKV's from your friend and see if it plays and ask him how he's making them. ;-)

Funny thing is mkv that plays fine on my buddy's Roku2 are the same mkv that plays fine on my Western Digital Media and it's 5.1 not DTS. Oh well, it's a good reason to upgrade to audio receiver that has HDMI connection. Regardless, Roku3 is pretty cool none the less.

stancol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stancol
blowcarrot wrote:It wouldn't let me add anything to the cart. the button was broken

'Add to Cart' button doesn't work for me either. Tried Firefox and Internet Exploder on two different computers.

starmanbackwards

quality posts: 8 Private Messages starmanbackwards

If the purpose of this device is to receive YOUTUBE, HULU, NETFLIX etc? i dont get it.....most tv's i see are "smart" to receive streaming movies....
If the purpose is to watch free stuff...i want to see some list as to what exactly is available...
otherwise my smart tv will do the same thing?
educate me why this is the thing to have

murphicus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages murphicus
stancol wrote:'Add to Cart' button doesn't work for me either. Tried Firefox and Internet Exploder on two different computers.

"We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering problems and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

FYI: I cleared my browsers cache and can now add to cart successfully. "

"Friendship is like peeing your pants,
Everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

talkaboutus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talkaboutus

I don't know anything about this product. Can someone put it in layman's terms for me. I have HD TV with Internet and Wi fi. What does this thing do for FREE ? Thanks, Heather

wootieman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootieman
kaphinezero wrote:Just got this last week from Target, everything works great except playing mkv files. I installed USB media player and it sees the MKV but will not play audio (this is even when Roku is directly plugged via HDMI cable). Buddy of mine has Roku2 and has no issue playing mkv files off USB flash drive. Still have Western Digital Media Player for but was trying to consolidate to one box.

I have the Roku 2 XS and have the same issue. Some .mkv files work and others don't. Probably the audio codecs used. I wish I was more tech savvy and could create them myself. Instead I download from various sources until I find one that works. Pretty inefficient.