hawaiianrays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawaiianrays

I tried multiple times throughout the day using my PC with different browsers and finally tried my iPhone browser (Safari) and was able to place a confirmed order. I submitted an email to Woot support to let them know that I couldn't order it via the PC and got the standard response but no answer yet. Suggest trying an Iphone, Ipod or Tablet to see if works.

hawaiianrays

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawaiianrays
FoolScott wrote:Are there any tricks to getting one? I keep getting to the page (logged in) within SECONDS and checking out, but all I have gotten every time is the antechamber of doom. I've now tried on google chrome, IE, and Firefox... any advice?

Couldn't use PC either but was able to order on an Iphone using Safari browser

darcerin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darcerin
bryantc wrote:Pretty much any LCD"flat panel" T.V. is gonna be an HDTV. You're older style T.V.s with a picture tube will not work with this unit.

I figured that, but I didn't want to buy it and find out it wouldn't work with our flat screen for whatever reason. Thanks!

marehaven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marehaven
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems ordering. I've turned in a trouble ticket.

If you could let me know the

Device
OS
Browser
Exactly what's happening (can't click "I want one"; can't click "Add to Cart"; can't click "Place Your Order," etc)

That would help us pin down the problem.

I have Samsung tab with ICS and when I hit 'add to cart' button the screen jiggles a little but nothing gets put in the cart.

dlevinson90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlevinson90
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. Can you try another browser?

Then let me know the OS & browser you're using so we can research the problem. Thanks!

Click add to cart and nothing happens. Also no cart icon in the upper right hand corner. Using windows XP and tried Firefox 25.0.1 and IE . Neither worked.

Also tried silk browser on a Kindle fire HD. Same issue.

diamonddon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diamonddon
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems ordering. I've turned in a trouble ticket.

If you could let me know the

Device
OS
Browser
Exactly what's happening (can't click "I want one"; can't click "Add to Cart"; can't click "Place Your Order," etc)

That would help us pin down the problem.

Mac Book Pro
OS 10.8.5
Chrome and Safari
add to cart button isn't working

I ended up ordering on my iphone 5 and it worked on that device.

SpeedRacerXT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SpeedRacerXT

The Roku 3 is uber awesome - the best streaming device I've used so far.

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred
rjapril wrote:Anyone have a comparison between Roku and AppleTV? Wondering if having both makes sense. The only advantage I see is I'll be able to get Amazon Prime streaming movies (which is certainly and advantage). Thanks for advice!

If you have an ipad, you can still get amazon prime (via the iPad app and airplay to the appleTV)

I'm not techy enough to know whether the quality is going to be reduced since it is going over the air as opposed to through the device naturally over HDMI...but it works.

crroal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crroal

I want one :-(
Can't get anything to work...

goobysmootcher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goobysmootcher

Bah! I paid retail price for mine a few months ago. Where were you THEN, Woot?!?! Anyway, I *LOVE* my Roku 3, and although I had a Roku 2 I wanted the ability to walk around listening to the audio by plugging my headset into the remote. I don't regret the purchase at all but would rather have paid Woot's price for it. If you're buying a Roku for the first time, be sure to check out the unofficial channels by doing a Google search for that term.

chopwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chopwood

Like others, can't add to cart.
Already have Chromecast, but this is a cool grab.

Win 7
IE 11

Not able to on rooted kindle Dolphin or Kindle browser, either. May try iPhone, if I have the energy...

djr1904

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djr1904

I couldn't buy with Firefox in Windows nor with an iPad. Got on the Android phone and voila, purchase made.

Dabel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dabel
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. Can you try another browser?

Then let me know the OS & browser you're using so we can research the problem. Thanks!

I tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. None work.

Jeff53404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeff53404
TheRaven wrote:MKV is a wrapper. You may have your MKV's encoded in a way that's incompatible with your Roku for playback. I believe there are very specific codecs that need to be used and you can NEVER encode using DTS audio. Just AC3 5.1. I'm not sure what codec the video has to be encoded with to play on the Roku.

Maybe you should get one of the MKV's from your friend and see if it plays and ask him how he's making them. ;-)

I make my MKVs using Handbrake and do not have any problems (great audio).

rpmosby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpmosby
blowcarrot wrote:It wouldn't let me add anything to the cart. the button was broken

Same thing happened to me when I tried to order on my laptop. So I used the app on my phone and was able to buy two in seconds. Go figure.

jpstrings

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpstrings

woot, fix your website

Mac Book Pro
OS 10.9
Chrome and Safari
add to cart button isn't working

rpmosby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpmosby
bryantc wrote:Pretty much any LCD"flat panel" T.V. is gonna be an HDTV. You're older style T.V.s with a picture tube will not work with this unit.

Also thinking any TV with an HDMI input will be HD, no?

neclassicar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neclassicar

can't add to my cart tried Chrome and Explorer browsers. Any ideas?

charlieswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charlieswoot

I have poor mans TV over the airwaves using an outdoor antenna. We get plenty of HD broadcasts on our 46" Samsung. We would like to use our laptop and or streaming device as a DVR and for netflix. Is the Roku 3 the best choice for this or should I be looking at something like a SiliconDust HDHomeRun?

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

TT add me to the list. I wanted two, plus the other stuff in my cart. $5 shipping makes a difference to us. I've tried 5 or 6 times through the sale and can't get it to accept my order. I've use a touchpad, mac, and my windows phone with no luck.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

sweet, sold out!

ehh, next time right, Woot?

vanevenhoven wrote:TT add me to the list. I wanted two, plus the other stuff in my cart. $5 shipping makes a difference to us. I've tried 5 or 6 times through the sale and can't get it to accept my order. I've use a touchpad, mac, and my windows phone. With no luck

Yzzim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Yzzim

I'm having issues with the Add to Cart function as well, click and it does nothing (before it was sold out, obviously). I've noticed that none of the tabs (specs, sales stats, etc) work either.

First found out when I tried to purchase a Brigadier of Carolling at midnight. You owe me, Woot!

Google Chrome
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Running ad block but set an exclusion for the entire woot.com domain, still no luck. Cleared cache as well.

Just tried it on my laptop (Win 7 Pro, Chrome) and it doesn't work. The site looks terrible on IE 8, the entire site formatting is borked, I don't even see an Add to Cart option on any of the Woot sites.

Get your site fixed!

Installed Firefox and that doesn't work either!

jjfahey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jjfahey

I was so in need of instant gratification that I bought one from the mothership for $10 more. Hmmmmm

marvelouss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvelouss

I purchased the Roku 3 on 12/11/13 with 2-day delivery that supposedly has the unit arriving on 12/13/13 but I have yet to receive a shipping status.

Please advice. Thank you.

marinzc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marinzc
marvelouss wrote:I purchased the Roku 3 on 12/11/13 with 2-day delivery that supposedly has the unit arriving on 12/13/13 but I have yet to receive a shipping status.

Please advice. Thank you.

I've had the exact same experience. Emailed woot and got nothing back but the automated response. Really hoping I get my Roku on time because I want to use it this weekend. What's the deal, woot?

marvelouss

marinzc wrote:I've had the exact same experience. Emailed woot and got nothing back but the automated response. Really hoping I get my Roku on time because I want to use it this weekend. What's the deal, woot?

I love getting a good deal but if this unit does not show up today, I'm never paying for 2-day shipping again. Are you listening, Amazon???

marvelouss

marvelouss wrote:I love getting a good deal but if this unit does not show up today, I'm never paying for 2-day shipping again. Are you listening, Amazon???

Finally received a shipment notice this morning.

marinzc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marinzc
marvelouss wrote:Finally received a shipment notice this morning.

Lucky you. Woot has not yet responded to my email, nor updated my shipping status. I guess they are fine taking my 2-day shipping money, just not actually shipping the item in 2 days. It has actually been 48 hours since I placed the order and the status has not changed. Way to go redefining 2-day shipping woot... 'wait 2 days to ship' instead of 'will arrive in 2 days.' You blew it on this one, woot!

xbradyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xbradyx

Still haven't gotten a confirmation. Anyone receive their Rokus yet?

marvelouss

marinzc wrote:Lucky you. Woot has not yet responded to my email, nor updated my shipping status. I guess they are fine taking my 2-day shipping money, just not actually shipping the item in 2 days. It has actually been 48 hours since I placed the order and the status has not changed. Way to go redefining 2-day shipping woot... 'wait 2 days to ship' instead of 'will arrive in 2 days.' You blew it on this one, woot!

Woot and a couple of other sites are really slipping when it comes to getting orders out.If I elect to pay EXTRA to get the offer in 2 days, my order should get priority. I'm in business shipping product and would never have my customers wait 2 days to process an order with 2-day shipping. Get it together, Woot!

marvelouss

marinzc wrote:Lucky you. Woot has not yet responded to my email, nor updated my shipping status. I guess they are fine taking my 2-day shipping money, just not actually shipping the item in 2 days. It has actually been 48 hours since I placed the order and the status has not changed. Way to go redefining 2-day shipping woot... 'wait 2 days to ship' instead of 'will arrive in 2 days.' You blew it on this one, woot!

Woot and a couple of other sites are really slipping when it comes to getting orders out.If I elect to pay EXTRA to get the offer in 2 days, my order should get priority. I'm in business shipping product and would never have my customers wait 2 days to process an order with 2-day shipping. Get it together, Woot!

dbrink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbrink

I too paid for upgraded shipping and don't have a shipment notification either. I'm not too happy right now.

rxgadget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rxgadget
Dman27 wrote:This vs Chromecast... go! Pros and Cons

With this price for the top streaming box with tons and tons of free channels.. Normal sale for it is $89 on big sake. Take this and run. When I say run I mean use the money you saved and grab a Chromecast device. Chromecast just had 10 apps added to its arsenal. However, with Chromecast you are utilizing a computer, phone or tablet. With Roku none of the above. I have Chromecast on my big TV in Den where laptop is normally and I stream through that or use original PS3. I keep my Roku XS (previous was the top model) in bedroom to stream goodness at night.

Basically for the price of 1 Roku you get Roku 3 and Chromecast and still save money.

Won't go more detail but right now there is so much one already does an so much the other can and will do more. Roku 3 $65 here plus Chromecast $35 or lower everywhere..

bigdave914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdave914

Got my Roku 3 today but with the wrong power supply it doesn't fit. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Dave

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bigdave914 wrote:Got my Roku 3 today but with the wrong power supply it doesn't fit. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Dave

Sorry to hear that you received the wrong power supply.

Your order should still be covered by Roku. We recommend that you visit the Roku Support Page and they should be able to help you out.

If you find they're unable to assist you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

ericlala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericlala
bigdave914 wrote:Got my Roku 3 today but with the wrong power supply it doesn't fit. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Dave

mine hasn't even shipped yet

synachi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages synachi

Thanks,
Dave

I received both of mine yesterday. One of them has the correct power supply, the other one's connector is too big.

Brian

nasacat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nasacat

Received mine today and it had the wrong power supply too. Just got done chatting with Deepa at the Roku support page and Roku should be sending out a correct power supply, and I should receive in 3-5 days. FYI

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you received the wrong power supply.

Your order should still be covered by Roku. We recommend that you visit the Roku Support Page and they should be able to help you out.

If you find they're unable to assist you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

jpnelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpnelson

Got mine today! It worked fine after I replaced the batteries. The ones that came with it were dead. Also, it didn't come with the ear-buds shown. they were the flat ones you hang in your ear. I'll use my own, thank you.

swootness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swootness

This roku supposedly shipped 4 days after I ordered it, and finally shows status on the carrier. It is currently expected to arrive december 23.

Not great but not terrible, if it makes it.

A few weeks ago I had a woot order that shipped 2/3 items. I told support the status showed they all had shipped, but that was wrong. Support said the rest would ship. Support was wrong.

Woot refunded for the missing item. Which was happy I didn't have to pay for it, but sad because I never would have chosen to pay shipping just for the other two items.

Fewer standout deals, worse shipping... It isn't special. I don't think woot will last long if things do not turn around.

Maybe it is the pain of ongoing integration with Amazon. Amazon login is fairly new, and it looks like woot is now shipping out of Amazon warehouses.

Maybe full integration will improve things. And maybe we'll be able to use Amazon Prime's "free 2 day shipping"?