jam58632

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jam58632

My wife ordered one of these on December 11th to give me for Christmas and it still hasn't arrived. The tracking number doesn't work and they haven't responded to any of her emails. Not very impressed, Woot.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jam58632 wrote:My wife ordered one of these on December 11th to give me for Christmas and it still hasn't arrived. The tracking number doesn't work and they haven't responded to any of her emails. Not very impressed, Woot.

Sorry to hear that you haven't received your Roku.

Could you post your wife's username? I can ping Woot Member Services to investigate the issue.

kalaur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalaur

Still waiting for an update from woot on mine as well. Got a shipping notification on the 15th and tracking info didn't work, sent an email on the 25th and still no response back. Nothing from woot in my spam folder either.

ryanarand

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryanarand
ThunderThighs wrote:You should have received new email tracking. Looks like you're getting it tomorrow.

Is it coming USPS because if so its not here..

oh man.

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine

Someone sent me a new remote. Not sure if it was Roku or Woot.

Thanks. And with that my Woot days are over. No offense Woot, but this is the last purchase from me. I've made 2 and they both have not been great experiences.
Bought a broken tablet, and not a Roku with a wrong remote.
Quality control seems to be lacking here or something.

ebencomo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebencomo

Anyone else NOT received the Roku 3 they ordered that was offered on WOOT! on Dec. 11th?

I ordered one and I STILL have NOT received it.

It took 4 days to get the 'Shipped' email, which I guess not bad. Weird thing is I got it on a SUNDAY. Never heard of any shipper that takes packages on Sunday, have you? Could be wrong, I guess.

The Std Shipping option quotes 3-8 business days for delivery when the order is placed. No mention is made of any separate processing time so you can reasonably assume the total delivery time is what is given at the time of placing the order.

Its now been 15 business days and still not received anything. My order does show a Tracking Number but if you follow the link to USPS, the status is "Not Found."

Several emails to Support about when my order will show up or even show a REAL status associated with the Tracking Number in my Order have gone unanswered to date.

If Support monitors this Forum, I hope this post at the very least prompts an answer.

ROGETRAY

Staff

ebencomo wrote:Anyone else NOT received the Roku 3 they ordered that was offered on WOOT! on Dec. 11th?

It took 4 days to get the 'Shipped' email, which I guess not bad. Weird thing is I got it on a SUNDAY. Never heard of any shipper that takes packages on Sunday, have you? Could be wrong, I guess.

The Std Shipping option quotes 3-8 business days for delivery when the order is placed. No mention is made of any separate processing time so you can reasonably assume the total delivery time is what is given at the time of placing the order.

Its now been 15 business days and still not received anything. My order does show a Tracking Number but if you follow the link to USPS, the status is "Not Found."

Several emails to Support about when my order will show up or even show a REAL status associated with the Tracking Number in my Order have gone unanswered to date.

If Support monitors this Forum, I hope this post at the very least prompts an answer.

We're very sorry to hear that you still haven't received your order yet.

I've gone ahead and escalated your post along to a Woot CS representative to help find you a quick resolve.

Thanks again for your ongoing patience while they attend to this issue.

jam58632

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you haven't received your Roku.

Could you post your wife's username? I can ping Woot Member Services to investigate the issue.

Sure, here username is shanshan2. Thanks for checking.

ROGETRAY

Staff

jam58632 wrote:Sure, here username is shanshan2. Thanks for checking.

Sorry for the massive delay.
We greatly appreciate your patience during this matter.

I've gone ahead and pinged a Woot CS representative to take care of this issue as quickly as possible.

ryanarand

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryanarand
ryanarand wrote:Is it coming USPS because if so its not here..

Got mine, every thing worked.
Correct power cord, remote.

Really still unsatisfied with woot.
You think they would refund the shipping or give some credit or something.

oh man.

crazed792

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crazed792

Wow, I went into the forums to see if anyone was complaining about the headphones (I didn't get in-ear headphones like my new Roku 3 came with, but the apple style that tend to fall out of my ears). I guess I should consider myself lucky to have received a package including an AC adapter that works and the right remote.

Seeing the amount of problems and slowness with woot of late, especially when they are owned by amazon (woot should be able to do better since I get great results with amazon), I'm pretty sure I'm done here. Sad.

romanoke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages romanoke

nothing yet. no email. no remote.
How do I return this thing?

romanoke wrote:Thanks for your post! I haven't heard anything about this by email. I checked the spam folder. No assistance yet.

ROGETRAY

Staff

romanoke wrote:nothing yet. no email. no remote.
How do I return this thing?

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they attended to the issue.

ebencomo

ROGETRAY wrote:We're very sorry to hear that you still haven't received your order yet.

I've gone ahead and escalated your post along to a Woot CS representative to help find you a quick resolve.

Thanks again for your ongoing patience while they attend to this issue.

Escalation has resulted in absolutely nothing.

I still do not have my order and have received no responses from Woot CS, either from my emails or to the "escalation".

My money has now been held hostage for 27 days.

How do I get my money back so that I can buy this product from someone reputable that will actually deliver or even respond to queries?

jam58632

ebencomo wrote:Escalation has resulted in absolutely nothing.

I still do not have my order and have received no responses from Woot CS, either from my emails or to the "escalation".

My money has now been held hostage for 27 days.

How do I get my money back so that I can buy this product from someone reputable that will actually deliver or even respond to queries?

I'm in the same boat. My wife has two open cases with no responses after escalating and I haven't received a response from when the moderator pinged a CS rep either. I'm going to dispute the charge at the end of this week since it will have been 30 days since my wife ordered it and we still don't show that anything has actually shipped. This will be the last time that anyone in my household purchases anything from Woot. The inability for anyone to take ownership of an issue ensure that it is resolved is very disappointing.

ROGETRAY

Staff

jam58632 wrote:I'm in the same boat. My wife has two open cases with no responses after escalating and I haven't received a response from when the moderator pinged a CS rep either. I'm going to dispute the charge at the end of this week since it will have been 30 days since my wife ordered it and we still don't show that anything has actually shipped. This will be the last time that anyone in my household purchases anything from Woot. The inability for anyone to take ownership of an issue ensure that it is resolved is very disappointing.

Again, my sincerest apologies for this confusion.

I had emailed Woot Member Services on Friday concerning the issues you were describing. I will follow up with this recent request.

We greatly appreciate your continued patience during this matter and we deeply apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced.

ebencomo

ROGETRAY wrote:Again, my sincerest apologies for this confusion.

I had emailed Woot Member Services on Friday concerning the issues you were describing. I will follow up with this recent request.

We greatly appreciate your continued patience during this matter and we deeply apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced.

Can you follow up on mine as well?

jeeperslimited

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeeperslimited

On the IPhone in the App Store there is are applications for several remote controls. Lets you use your iphone as your remote.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ebencomo wrote:Can you follow up on mine as well?

Make sure you've contacted support@woot.com. I'll also email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine
jeeperslimited wrote:On the IPhone in the App Store there is are applications for several remote controls. Lets you use your iphone as your remote.

Yea. We know that. But as has been said: in order to use the App your Roku and phone need to be on the same Wifi network. You can't control a Roku until it is on your network. You need a remote to configure that before you can use the app on your phone.

krohlf69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krohlf69

Mine unit arrived defective, I have tried to email support a couple times, the 26th and 6th. Both times I got automated case numbers and have not heard anything thing back from woot yet. Very unhappy with their customer service.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

krohlf69 wrote:Mine unit arrived defective, I have tried to email support a couple times, the 26th and 6th. Both times I got automated case numbers and have not heard anything thing back from woot yet. Very unhappy with their customer service.

Jeez, I'm really sorry. I poked CS for you; they should get in touch with you soon.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

chrisf1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisf1

I bought 3 Roku's and all three came with dead batteries, the wrong headphones (on ear, not the nicer in-ear ones pictured in the sale) and one came with the wrong remote. All three Roku units work, but all were much worse cosmetically than any factory refurb I've ever purchased before. I put in a customer support ticket 10 days ago, and not a word from Woot CS. Amazon should shutter this store as it is a disgrace and so far from the quality they have come to represent.
In case anyone from Woot actually cares at all, the ignored ticket number is CAS-562561-S7B5C8, and before you ask, no, the response isn't in a spam folder.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

chrisf1 wrote:I bought 3 Roku's and all three came with dead batteries, the wrong headphones (on ear, not the nicer in-ear ones pictured in the sale) and one came with the wrong remote. All three Roku units work, but all were much worse cosmetically than any factory refurb I've ever purchased before. I put in a customer support ticket 10 days ago, and not a word from Woot CS. Amazon should shutter this store as it is a disgrace and so far from the quality they have come to represent.
In case anyone from Woot actually cares at all, the ignored ticket number is CAS-562561-S7B5C8, and before you ask, no, the response isn't in a spam folder.

I'm really sorry for the trouble. I've forwarded your info along.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jpa2825

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpa2825

Finally opened #1 of 2 ordered. (Yes, they took a long time arriving, but I wasn't waiting for anything specific and they did arrive before Xmas.)

#1 has a dead remote (tried existing and 2 other sets of new AA and no reaction. No green light upon movement and not reaction on screen.) Didn't check closely on the headphones. Waiting to see what my daughter at college finds out about #2 of 2 before ringing up Roku Customer support.

Good point above on not being able to connect via iPhone remote apps unless able to get on network -- which requires remote.

Will advise resolution.

IceColdSoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IceColdSoda

Was anyone able to fix the remote issue without getting a new one? This is such a headache. I ordered it, got it before christmas, then on christmas day found out that the remote doesn't work at all. I emailed woot and I only recently got an email back saying it's a known problem and to contact Roku. But if Roku isn't helping out in the first place I might as well not bother.

Not that it matters anyway. I ended up going out and buying another Roku because it was supposed to be a christmas present for my parents. Now I have one without a working remote sitting in my closet. They won't give me a refund.

ThunderThighs

Staff

IceColdSoda wrote:Was anyone able to fix the remote issue without getting a new one? This is such a headache. I ordered it, got it before christmas, then on christmas day found out that the remote doesn't work at all. I emailed woot and I only recently got an email back saying it's a known problem and to contact Roku. But if Roku isn't helping out in the first place I might as well not bother.

Not that it matters anyway. I ended up going out and buying another Roku because it was supposed to be a christmas present for my parents. Now I have one without a working remote sitting in my closet. They won't give me a refund.

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kalaur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalaur

I opened a ticket on December 25th about why I had not received my roku. Support finally got back to me on the 3rd of January, I replied stating I wanted a refund. I asked again on January 9th where my refund was.

Its been over a month since I placed my order. C'mon woot, just give me my money back so I can spend it elsewhere.

ROGETRAY

Staff

kalaur wrote:I opened a ticket on December 25th about why I had not received my roku. Support finally got back to me on the 3rd of January, I replied stating I wanted a refund. I asked again on January 9th where my refund was.

Its been over a month since I placed my order. C'mon woot, just give me my money back so I can spend it elsewhere.

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your original email inquiry.

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they attended to the issue.

hijackie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hijackie

I purchased 2 roku 3's they arrived timely enough but one had dead batteries which was an easy enough fix but the second crashes after a minute or so. I am not unfamiliar with roku's as I already have a few.

I have made 2 requests for a return on one roku and have received no response from customer service, tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since the initial ticket was opened. I have checked my spam folder.

1/2/14 CAS-566457-N0L5H5
1/13/14 CAS-584018-G0G9L9

ThunderThighs

Staff

hijackie wrote:I purchased 2 roku 3's they arrived timely enough but one had dead batteries which was an easy enough fix but the second crashes after a minute or so. I am not unfamiliar with roku's as I already have a few.

I have made 2 requests for a return on one roku and have received no response from customer service, tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since the initial ticket was opened. I have checked my spam folder.

1/2/14 CAS-566457-N0L5H5
1/13/14 CAS-584018-G0G9L9

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR

pcharouz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcharouz

Just fyi, my remote didnt work either at first, but got it working by re-paring (button next to battery)

ebencomo

Its no wonder that the posted sales statistics call the first customer to purchase an item from Woot! a 'First SUCKER'. (All Caps added for emphasis.)

I feel like a SUCKER for buying something from Woot.

I 'bought' one of these Roku 3's on December 11 and NEVER RECEIVED IT. Woot had no trouble holding my money hostage for more than 30 days. Delivering product, though, they seem to have a problem with that.

I emailed many times and it took forever to get a response. I feel I only received a response, finally, due to posting a Flame on this Forum. A nice person on here forwarded my Posted complaint and info on to Support and I finally got an response.

After waiting OVER A MONTH to get my order and being told by Customer Support that I would finally be sent my order, did I get my Roku?

NOPE. I got an unceremonious, unsolicited refund. I guess thats better than being ripped off, which is what I was starting to think was going to happen.

I've heard that Woot is owned by Amazon. I find this hard to believe after the unscrupulous treatment I just received.

Goodbye Woot. I'm NEVER ordering from you again.

paulchristine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulchristine

Ours arrived non-functioning and two attempts to contact woot have gone unanswered. Bad Business, woot.

ROGETRAY

Staff

paulchristine wrote:Ours arrived non-functioning and two attempts to contact woot have gone unanswered. Bad Business, woot.

I'm very sorry to hear that the unit you purchased was DOA upon arrival and to also hear that you haven't heard back from Woot Member Services.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

paulchristine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulchristine
ebencomo wrote:Anyone else NOT received the Roku 3 they ordered that was offered on WOOT! on Dec. 11th?

I understand your problems with it...we had issues too, thus why I'm on here, but I digress.... As far as getting a shipping notice on Sunday, I used to manage a shipping warehouse. We had computers that could create scan labels for all the major shipping companies so we could pick and pack the orders, label them, and the next business day they would be picked up by the shipping company for transport. The shipping label notices go out to the customers when business closes the day the order has been packed and labeled, not necessarily the day it leaves the facility. Hope this explains the part of your question that they ignored... CM

jpa2825

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpa2825

Got both of mine to work by changing the batteries and using the pairing button next to the battery compartment.

ralphwiggum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralphwiggum

still working great!