WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Progress Lighting Fixtures

If you want to enjoy your house at night, you have limited options. First, of course, you could buy some of these lights. Or you could paint your walls with glow-in-the-dark paint. Naturally, you could also get a seeing eye cat to lead you from room to room. Just pick whichever option sounds easiest for you.

mszeiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mszeiger

What does directional mean - that you can move the light so that it's at another angle? I want to know if I can put the 3 light wall/ceiling fixture on the ceiling and move the lights so that they're facing down.

persepolis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages persepolis

Staff

mszeiger wrote:What does directional mean - that you can move the light so that it's at another angle? I want to know if I can put the 3 light wall/ceiling fixture on the ceiling and move the lights so that they're facing down.

buyer here, passed along your question to the manufacturer and here is the response:

"Yes, the actual light can be tilted 90 degrees and can be faced down. They will swivel 350 degrees."

tjsant1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjsant1

Do they work with a dimmer? I'm especially interested in the Progress Lighting P4006-77.

conradw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages conradw

Do the chandeliers include matching chains to hang from the ceiling? If so, what lengths? I'm interested in the antique bronze ones but have all brass hardware right now. I'd really prefer not to hang them from brass chains...

bigyellowdawgmom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigyellowdawgmom

What about the new light bulbs? Do they work with CFLs and LEDs?

persepolis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages persepolis

Staff

Answers to the following questions from the manufacturer:

tjsant1 wrote:Do they work with a dimmer? I'm especially interested in the Progress Lighting P4006-77.

"They work with standard dimmers."

conradw wrote:Do the chandeliers include matching chains to hang from the ceiling? If so, what lengths? I'm interested in the antique bronze ones but have all brass hardware right now. I'd really prefer not to hang them from brass chains...

"The fixtures all come with at least 6 feet of chain to hang from the ceiling."

bigyellowdawgmom wrote:What about the new light bulbs? Do they work with CFLs and LEDs?

"They will work CFL and LED screw in, medium base bulbs, however some of these bulbs can be taller and may show over the glass. We would recommend you test them to see if they are ascetically pleasing."

sbudnic1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbudnic1
mszeiger wrote:What does directional mean - that you can move the light so that it's at another angle? I want to know if I can put the 3 light wall/ceiling fixture on the ceiling and move the lights so that they're facing down.

STOP downlighting in the bathroom! in fact, STOP downlighting as much as you can! NOBODY looks good in downlighting! NOBODY! GISELE BUNCHEN IN A THONG LOOKS BAD IN DOWNLIGHTING! don't do it! don't!

hockachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hockachu

The flush mount lighting has good ratings at Home Depot, and is a heck of a steal here on Woot!

gizmo824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmo824

Ordered a five light chandelier, but received a giant 12 light chandelier instead. Because I am unable to raise my ceiling an extra 3 feet, this just won't work. It's been 10 days, and I still haven't heard back from Woot???

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

gizmo824 wrote:Ordered a five light chandelier, but received a giant 12 light chandelier instead. Because I am unable to raise my ceiling an extra 3 feet, this just won't work. It's been 10 days, and I still haven't heard back from Woot???

Oh my. Yes, I will be happy to ping them and see what we can do for that order.

bixby726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bixby726
agingdragqueen wrote:Oh my. Yes, I will be happy to ping them and see what we can do for that order.

I had the same shipping problem, only they haven't even responded to me. I sent notice on December 18th that there was a problem, but still nothing.

agingdragqueen

Staff

bixby726 wrote:I had the same shipping problem, only they haven't even responded to me. I sent notice on December 18th that there was a problem, but still nothing.

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues too, I'll make sure to check with CS today on your case.

Tess2334

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tess2334

Was there ever any resolution to the problem of those of us that received giant fixtures in lieu of the smaller domestic size we ordered?

agingdragqueen

Staff

Tess2334 wrote:Was there ever any resolution to the problem of those of us that received giant fixtures in lieu of the smaller domestic size we ordered?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure about the decision reached and until right now I wasn't ready to accept that this may be a bigger problem than just the couple before you. I'll ping CS for you and speak with the buyer. Hopefully we'll be in touch with you later this afternoon.

bixby726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bixby726
agingdragqueen wrote:Hey there! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues too, I'll make sure to check with CS today on your case.

I still have yet to receive a return address label. I want to get this huge box out of my house and my money back. How hard is it to create a label?!?

agingdragqueen

Staff

bixby726 wrote:I still have yet to receive a return address label. I want to get this huge box out of my house and my money back. How hard is it to create a label?!?

You're right it's not hard, but we're checking with our vendor on how they want to handle this. We'll be in contact ASAP.

Tess2334

agingdragqueen wrote:I'm sorry, I'm not sure about the decision reached and until right now I wasn't ready to accept that this may be a bigger problem than just the couple before you. I'll ping CS for you and speak with the buyer. Hopefully we'll be in touch with you later this afternoon.

Still no word received on this. Any idea when it may be resolved?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Tess2334 wrote:Still no word received on this. Any idea when it may be resolved?

The vendor has been contacted/emailed concerning these orders and should reply soon.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post along to Woot Staff.

Thank you for your continued patience during this matter. You should be contacted very soon.

Tess2334

ROGETRAY wrote:The vendor has been contacted/emailed concerning these orders and should reply soon.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post along to Woot Staff.

Thank you for your continued patience during this matter. You should be contacted very soon.

I'm not sure if anyone else with this problem got resolution but I still have a six foot light I didn't order, no receipt of light I actually did order, -$104 paid for not receiving what I ordered, no response from customer service. Where is the woot integrity here?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Tess2334 wrote:I'm not sure if anyone else with this problem got resolution but I still have a six foot light I didn't order, no receipt of light I actually did order, -$104 paid for not receiving what I ordered, no response from customer service. Where is the woot integrity here?

Sorry to hear that you haven't found a resolve to the issue you encountered.

Is it possible that you're writing in with an alternative email address than the one associated with your Woot Account?

According to Woot Member Services they have replied to your emails.

Either way, I'll go ahead and reforward your post along to them again to see if I can't help you find a solution.

Thanks for your continued patience during this matter.