quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

Check out some reviews from Home Depot

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

WORX Electric Snow Thrower
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 2-3 business days (Monday, Dec 16 to Tuesday, Dec 17)
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Worx Electric Snow Thrower
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

Electrical cords in the snow. No, nothing can possibly go wrong with that plan!

(But who needs a snowblower, anyway? 70 degrees here in on the West Coast today. Neener, neener!)

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

I'm not worried about the wires and this could come in handy since I'm looking at a driveway with about 8 inches of snow right here but...

How much snow can this thing handle? And can it only do asphalt or is it okay with gravel?

jaredfarnum1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaredfarnum1

Seriously? Where was this a few days ago? Like we are going to have snow/ice in Dallas again soon.

ChicagoJack

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ChicagoJack
dviglino wrote:I'm not worried about the wires and this could come in handy since I'm looking at a driveway with about 8 inches of snow right here but...

How much snow can this thing handle? And can it only do asphalt or is it okay with gravel?

With the revolving blades, it should make short work of removing the gravel along with the snow

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3150 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (3.85 out of 5.0) over at Lowes.com

and

Let's watch this in action

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh

With all the extreme weather in the US I'm sure there are many people who hope this "Worx"
* _ * Somebody had to say it...

jmkiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmkiii

Good luck with that snow thing from...TEXAS

connolly32668

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connolly32668

worx should work better than than the last snow eqipment I needed. The darn plane deicer froze up.

jayjay72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayjay72

I have a different electric snow blower but it's a similar design. It works well enough in gravel but it's like when using a normal shovel. You have to lean it back a little and blow the snow above the gravel otherwise rocks go flying.

araczynski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages araczynski

its hard finding a good middle ground with snowblowers. a nice 2 stage is usually overkill for 5 inches of snow, and of course you wouldn't bring this thing out if you had over a foot.

there's gotta be a 'small' two stage that can handle both doesn't there?

mbergen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbergen

Not surprising, but funny how the map so clearly delineates where this is being purchased.

cooljmy10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cooljmy10

Now if only the woot description was accurate and this thing had a 10 FOOT height clearance... Mmm, I can see it now, handily taking care of the end of my driveway after the plow dumps mounds of snow, the jealous neighbors, the fact that I could could use it as a military grade weapon... The list goes on!

shakinjake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shakinjake

this ought to come in handy here in north central Fla.

FAIL!

dcspo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcspo

I live in northern Ohio and I wouldn't count on this thing purely because it runs on electricity and not gas. I wouldn't trade my 26" plow-like shovel for this 18" snow blower anyday.

That being said...

If I was on a tight budget and couldn't physically shovel due to health problems I would consider it and just hope it was strong enough to get through some of the stuff we get.

Edit: To the person who posted the video... they are using it on a flat surface with light fluffy snow it seems...ideal conditions for a blower to work well. My $25 shovel and I could do that job in probably less than half the time it takes the blower due to the blower width and precautions and restrictions you have with using a cord....

Be careful guys. Good luck this winter!

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

Oh this should be great for taking care of all that awful Sunshine that accumulates on the ground, here in AZ!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

Lowerone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Lowerone
Batman4oz wrote:Oh this should be great for taking care of all that awful Sunshine that accumulates on the ground, here in AZ!

^^X^^

No, I found when you hit really the deep sunshine, normal throwers like this one plug up with giggles, warmth and happiness inside the discharge chute. Coating the out feed chute with fresh unicorn blood will help with that issue though.
(I'm certain you must have easy access to unicorns, since you already live in some fantasy place where there is no snow)

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

Of course if you don't have the heavy duty 100-150ft extension cord they recommend, that's gonna set you back some dinero...

xrayangiodoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xrayangiodoc

Specifications say:

Clearing Height: 10 feet !!!!

I think they probably mean 10 INCHES!

I'll keep my dual stage snow thrower here in the Buffalo, NY area!

xrayangiodoc

isrousro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isrousro

If the snow is light and fluffy and there is not much of it, this might be almost as good as a decent shovel.
A 100' 12/3 extension cord for this will set you back around $70 and that is a cheaper one.

mja1962

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mja1962

"Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes and APO addresses not available for this item"

Sorry, Hawaii, you'll have to buy your snow throwers elsewhere!

koshhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koshhi
jaredfarnum1 wrote:Seriously? Where was this a few days ago? Like we are going to have snow/ice in Dallas again soon.

But that's the point.

cikatriz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz

Should I order one just to make Arizona green?

inflationary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inflationary

WORX tools are uniformly underpowered and overpriced. That demo proves my point: The motor is near stalling in two inches of fluff. I doubt it's strong enough to damage its own cord. If you get serious snow, invest in a serious blower.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Yuk yuk yuk all you folks in the blast furnace belt ! Good news, Worx has a new item in the pipeline for you,same setup as this but rather than a snow blower it's an air conditioner on wheels! Soon you will be able to actually walk down your driveway in the summer to get your mail with little danger of catching on fire.

JSFJr34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JSFJr34
dviglino wrote:I'm not worried about the wires and this could come in handy since I'm looking at a driveway with about 8 inches of snow right here but...

GRAVEL? lol. You'll be lucky to get it to work on SNOW. Let me put it this way: this is the shovel you buy if you live in Florida.

---John

Jeff53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeff53

Don't know much about these, but but there appears to be the same thing on new egg with a different name. With a cheaper price. see this link.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0NT07S8758&nm_mc=EMC-MP121513&cm_mmc=EMC-MP121513-_-EMC-121513-Index-_-index-_-9SIA0NT07S8758
Have a nice day.

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch

I am in a wheelchair, and this thing looks like it would be perfect for clearing a path from my front door ramp to the ramp that gets me to the driveway across my deck. Currently, I have two kids who shovel for me, but the job they do is never quite "good enough", and my fear is that if we have a house fire, I won't be able to get out. This thing looks like two passes would get the job done, and for $129, even if it isn't great, it will help, I suspect.

Merry Christmas, all!

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

crvanslyke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crvanslyke
Batman4oz wrote:Oh this should be great for taking care of all that awful Sunshine that accumulates on the ground, here in AZ!

^^X^^

Might come in handy up here in Flagstaff. We get sunshine AND snow!

katodog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katodog

Don't discount what an electric snow blower can do. I own an 18" electric, absolutely love it. Don't have to buy gas, easy to use, and goes through a lot more snow than you think. In 2011 we had a big snow, as high as 3 feet at the end of the driveway, and my snow blower did perfect. Monkeying with the cord can be a hassle until you get a good method, then cord isn't a problem.

Pictures of my driveway, showing how much snow I got rid of with my electric. As long as it's built well and you don't go nuts with it, it'll do a great job. It'll move the packed-in stuff that the snow plows dump on your driveway too. Won't throw it very far, but it'll chop through and allow you to clear it away, and it's a heck of a lot easier than doing it with a shovel.

Blizzard 2011 006 by Ed Durbin (Katodog), on Flickr

Blizzard 2011 014 by Ed Durbin (Katodog), on Flickr

katodog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katodog

Oh, and for $130...if I didn't already have an electric I'd buy one, maybe two, of these without blinking an eye. Considering I paid $300 for ours, buying two equivalent snow blowers at the same price, can't really say much bad about that...

Joeldude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Joeldude

It's a glorified shovel with wheels! Great for sidewalks and decks but I wouldn't do a driveway unless it's paved and smooth. I have a mini version like this without wheels and wished it was slightly bigger. At least you don't have to keep picking it up like a shovel... That makes a difference.

Muah Hah Hah Hah Hah Haaaaaaaaa!

Joeldude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Joeldude

Ya know that DOES look a lot like that Maztang unit the previous poster listed.... and the reviews are not good. Hmmmmmm......

edit... checked out Amazone reviews and many rate it 4 stars out of 5... not bad! You have to determine what or where your primary use for this is.

Muah Hah Hah Hah Hah Haaaaaaaaa!

svetter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages svetter

I have to second the poster who demonstrates that these things can handle a decent amount of snow. I don't have this one but a similar sized Toro brand electric, and it certainly does the job for me.

Comments about being an electric shovel is a little off. These will not handle massive, wet snow like some semi-professional monster. If that is what you need, then you're just being silly panning on this just as you would be by panning on a small economy car for hauling a family of 5-6 for long hauls in comfort. You know if you live in an area with the need for a monster snow blower or not.

These are easy to handle for those who lack the strength or endurance to handle jobs of medium to large (size of driveway & sidewalks).

And for me the best part about not being gas, well to me it's not about going and getting gas. It's the low maintenance. There's no 'getting this ready' for winter. There's no 'trying' to get it started. There's no draining the gas, or putting in Stabil, or rebuilding carbs or changing spark plugs. You just plug it in and go.

And the funny part of all that is my hobby is Karting. I'll spend hours tinkering with 2 and 4 stroke small engines ... for fun. But I HATE having to do so for home maintenance (mowers, plows, power washers). I want those to be mindless appliances at all times if possible.

jackgermain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackgermain
crvanslyke wrote:Might come in handy up here in Flagstaff. We get sunshine AND snow!

For sure ! The video demonstration is underwear !

jackgermain

[quote postid="5643492" user="crvanslyke"]Might come in handy up here in Flagstaff. We get sunshine AND snow![/quote

jackgermain

OOOPS ! Sorry for the last two posts, my son played around with computer while getting a cup of coffee. However I will agree with him about the video showing how this machine works. Pretty underwear.