zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2870 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Singer 9340 Signature Sewing Machine
Price: $259.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, Dec 20 to Tuesday, Dec 24)
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh

For anyone worried about gifting a sewing machine to a significant other -> I bought my wife a very similar model for her birthday and she's still LOVING IT (and so am I )

lichme

quality posts: 2870 Private Messages lichme

Check out the Product Page
Look at some reviews on Costco

Markrbilafer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Markrbilafer

$279.99 at Costco!!

Here's the link.

http://www.costco.com/.product.100074719.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInCategory

susanrm

quality posts: 15 Private Messages susanrm

More reviews here. Not the greatest.

[MOD: Averaged to 3.08 with 7/12 at 3+)]

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3495 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

TONS of solid review (3.8 out of 5.0) over at HSN.com

manzanasbananas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manzanasbananas

Bought this machine. Returned it and opted for something different. It can get the job done, but I didn't like it for alterations where I need more control and precision. It felt a little choppy.

alamogal1963

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alamogal1963

Honestly, I've not tried this particular Singer, but the Singer quality isn't what it was. Bought one for my DIL and the feed dogs wouldn't come back up once dropped. If something goes wrong with this one, you can't return it but will have to have it repaired. The best bang for your buck is a Brother (CS 6000i) for less than $200 on Amazon. I've got 2 of those, a Brother Serger, and a hubs sprung for a Brother PE-770 Embroidery Machine for X-mas this year. Can't wait!

Blondes aren't dumm.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

Is this a really good deal, or just sew-sew?

Bill

jolthammer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jolthammer
billthegunowner wrote:Is this a really good deal, or just sew-sew?

Made me LOL

1wally1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1wally1
billthegunowner wrote:Is this a really good deal, or just sew-sew?

now that was funny....

1wally1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1wally1
jolthammer wrote:Made me LOL

sew funny it had me in stitches.

lucasatakros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucasatakros

Sew funny I split a seam!

slama1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slama1

Hey Guys - It's not too late for Christmas! - Simply print a nice color picture of it, put it in a nice Christmas card with a note it's coming!!!! Special Delivery! She'll love it just as well. OK woot, you should have some more sales now, 'how bout a bone for me?'

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch
collinvh wrote:For anyone worried about gifting a sewing machine to a significant other -> I bought my wife a very similar model for her birthday and she's still LOVING IT (and so am I )

Guys! This worked because a sewing machine is a tool that women use to relax and get lost in a hobby. It's a distraction from the mundane.

DO NOT TRY THIS WITH HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

bworden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bworden

I see it says too late for x-mas. Why is woot so darn slow with their shipping anyway? Do they not realize it hurts their sales? At least get on the ball and ship stuff faster for the holidays!

blahblahblah

eskwadrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eskwadrat

I think I am going for one for my lovely wife.

Steve

ericrussell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericrussell

Agree 100% We (wife and I) bought a Singer brand new (not refurb) a couple of years ago. Out of the box, it was dead on arrival. We called Singer customer service, and after 45 minutes of being on hold, finally got ahold of a rep who informed us that we would have to spend aprox $50 to mail it to them, $50 to pay for shipping back to us, and they would fix it. They were unwilling to send us a new one that we could swap out for the old one, and unwilling to pay for shipping. We opted to buy a new one (Brother) someplace else.

alamogal1963 wrote:Honestly, I've not tried this particular Singer, but the Singer quality isn't what it was. Bought one for my DIL and the feed dogs wouldn't come back up once dropped. If something goes wrong with this one, you can't return it but will have to have it repaired. The best bang for your buck is a Brother (CS 6000i) for less than $200 on Amazon. I've got 2 of those, a Brother Serger, and a hubs sprung for a Brother PE-770 Embroidery Machine for X-mas this year. Can't wait!

spcyhknBC

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spcyhknBC
notsomuch wrote:Guys! This worked because a sewing machine is a tool that women use to relax and get lost in a hobby. It's a distraction from the mundane.

DO NOT TRY THIS WITH HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES

That explains my vacuum incident, it really sucked.

katneedle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katneedle

best out of the bang for the buck is a Husqvarna Emerald 116, great machine some fancy stitches, button holes. I design and make clothing for a living, it is my favorite machine. Unless I can get a pre1960's Singer

ericrussell wrote:Agree 100% We (wife and I) bought a Singer brand new (not refurb) a couple of years ago. Out of the box, it was dead on arrival. We called Singer customer service, and after 45 minutes of being on hold, finally got ahold of a rep who informed us that we would have to spend aprox $50 to mail it to them, $50 to pay for shipping back to us, and they would fix it. They were unwilling to send us a new one that we could swap out for the old one, and unwilling to pay for shipping. We opted to buy a new one (Brother) someplace else.

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab

OK, I just can't figure out what happened with Woot!? Last year around the holidays, shipping was still $5 for all your orders in a day, and I swear, they worked very hard at making most all of their items available "in time for Christmas" right up until 2-3 days before Christmas. This year, most EVERYTHING today 8 DAYS BEFORE Christmas, is 'too late for Christmas'. Only 2 or 3 offer 'expedite shipping for Christmas'...

FAIL...

At least there's nothing worth buying...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scubalab wrote:OK, I just can't figure out what happened with Woot!? Last year around the holidays, shipping was still $5 for all your orders in a day, and I swear, they worked very hard at making most all of their items available "in time for Christmas" right up until 2-3 days before Christmas. This year, most EVERYTHING today 8 DAYS BEFORE Christmas, is 'too late for Christmas'. Only 2 or 3 offer 'expedite shipping for Christmas'...

FAIL...

At least there's nothing worth buying...

We are kinda down to the wire when you figure there are 5 business days until Christmas.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jodyl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodyl1
ThunderThighs wrote:We are kinda down to the wire when you figure there are 5 business days until Christmas.

I think they do the usual where they say it wont be until after Christmas, but I ordered one of these for someone, and it just arrived. Today. 3 days. Wow.

LydiaPaterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LydiaPaterson

Just stumbled in, seeking a how to video for my Singer 9340, I purchased last year from HSN, for a little over $400.

This is Tremendous Deal at $279.00!!!

Happy to find this site!