WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

ProForm GT Indoor Cycle

Speed to First Woot:
15m 14.000s
First Sucker:
creeve8
Last Wooter to Woot:
naroc
Last Purchase:
8 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 47% of Woot.com Woots
Top 29% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 22% of Woot.com Woots
Top 17% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 13% first woot
  • 15% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 24% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 8% joined today
  • 2% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 17% one year old
  • 69% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 98% bought 1
  • 2% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

1%
1%
0%
1%
1%
1%
6%
5%
9%
6%
9%
5%
8%
3%
4%
6%
3%
5%
4%
4%
3%
3%
6%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


lichme


quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/9653d5ee-c74a-44ca-a696-e41bb963d5ae.jpg][Preview 1][/url][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]


ProForm GT Indoor Cycle
Price: $499.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Dec 23 to Thursday, Dec 26) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

lichme


quality posts: 2750 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3325 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's learn about the ProForm story


lwang


quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

Does this trainer simulate the feel of going uphill in low gear? I never felt one where it could accurately simulate that feeling (which is relatively high cadence with burns in your leg or mid cadence out of the saddle with even more burn).

And for proform to offer TDF models with inclines....I find that feature irrelevant given its lack of side to side rocking capability, which is 100x more important.

saquack


quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack

I was looking for more of an indoor/outdoor cycle.

qcpu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qcpu

Can I make custom maps on it without having to pay for an iFit.com account?

emilysmartt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilysmartt

I bought this bike during Amazon's cyber sale for $560 with free shipping (prime). Sadly I cannot answer any questions or review it because I still don't have it. It was supposed to arrive last week, but UPS says it was damaged and returned it without my knowledge. Amazon is sending a new one to arrive later in the week. I thought I was getting a good deal, but this is even better. Too bad there are no reviews out there to confirm it's a good purchase.

nlandas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nlandas

What has happened to Woot? The descriptions are great but the products no longer have that "pop". You know that "Je ne sais quoi" deal quality. Where the product is many times something you didn't know you needed and at a price you can't refuse.

I used to visit here daily and pass deals onto friends, now the products just seem so standard. While the descriptions are still as funny as ever. Just sayin'.

scuzzle_but


quality posts: 1 Private Messages scuzzle_but

Does anybody own this? Seriously, a product that has 0 reviews on the entirety of the internet. From what I can tell, it's not exactly a brand new model, it's been around several months.

MakGeek


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MakGeek

I did come across this review, http://www.wxfitness.com/proform-gt-indoor-cycle-review/

Seems like its a good bike.

tpsully1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tpsully1

This looks similar, but not identical, to the bike we used to have at my local health club's spinning class (they've since gotten other bikes, I think by Schwinn)-- it is a good bike. One thing to consider is that if you have cleats it doesn't look like these pedals will accommodate you, not sure how easy it would be to get replacement pedals for cleats.

plannerdude


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plannerdude

What type of warranty does this bike have have?

Is it a 7-year frame and 1-year parts warranty?

i1patrick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages i1patrick

In the reviews, this model does a better job of hanging your jackets, hats, and laundry on than others.

plannerdude


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plannerdude

What if the computer dies on this unit? Is it still operable?

Can you replace it cheaply or buy the IFIT WIRELESS MODULE instead?

andy77


quality posts: 1 Private Messages andy77

I just had an online chat with the company and they said road pedals should fit.

MakGeek


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MakGeek

Another review. http://exercisebikecentral.com/proform-gt-indoor-cycle-review/

Two for Two,in for one.

lwang


quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

One advantage of this is the flywheel being in the rear. I know with the ones in the front, when the sweat starts pouring and it drips onto the wheel where it eventually comes in contact with the friction pad, one starts getting fluctuation in resistance.

Also, don't know how the electronically controlled resistance/speed works, since with the manual ones, it frequently changes in terms of how it ramps up (especially the gym ones, where every one is different). Will these 20 speeds have fixed resistance for the life of the bike or pad?

awolkoff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages awolkoff

I was looking at a treadmill with iFit but steered clear--iFit doesn't get a lot of love in the reviews on the nordic trak site...Also search for "proform ifit module" on Amazon for some less than stellar reviews. Just wanted to put that out there if iFit is a key part of your buying decision.

MakGeek


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MakGeek
awolkoff wrote:I was looking at a treadmill with iFit but steered clear--iFit doesn't get a lot of love in the reviews on the nordic trak site...Also search for "proform ifit module" on Amazon for some less than stellar reviews. Just wanted to put that out there if iFit is a key part of your buying decision.



I don't know if it makes a difference in quality but this bike does not require the module. iFit is built in.

daveincm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveincm

Just a FYI since it is not clear from the info, the resistance on this bike is magnetic, not friction - confirmed on chat with ProForm. They also offer extended warranty if anyone wants that.

Thanks! Here is the breakdown of warranty pricing: 1 year $89.99 / 2 year $119.99 / 3 year $149.99 / 4 year $169.99.
Solena says:
This warranty starts after the labor warranty expires. The warranty covers all mechanical, electrical, worn parts failure and in-home service from one of our certified technicians in your local area.

fredfarmer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredfarmer
nlandas wrote:What has happened to Woot? The descriptions are great but the products no longer have that "pop". You know that "Je ne sais quoi" deal quality. Where the product is many times something you didn't know you needed and at a price you can't refuse.

I used to visit here daily and pass deals onto friends, now the products just seem so standard. While the descriptions are still as funny as ever. Just sayin'.



I started "wooting" in 2004 and here is my take on this...

Amazon bought them and it is not what it used to be. I'm not saying Amazon is bad, but they changed woot in a bad way and it makes me sad...

felixms


quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixms

My bike arrived all messed up and the packaging was ok, so it came defective from the factory.

Did someone had the same experience?

I opened a case with WOOT for return and no response yet, it has been 4 days.
Now, I don't have $$$ or bike to start my New Year's resolution

My advice is to not buy anything too expensive or hard to ship back on this site. (I have been a Woot buyer from 12yrs and just learned a new lesson)


List of Defects and Damages:
- Cycle Rear Disk: it came with the edge dented; the box did not show transportation damage.

- The rear disk mechanism produces a intermittent banging noise, like a piece of metal is bouncing on it as it turns. The noise comes and goes in 10 to 25 second intervals.
- The rear black arm that covers the rear disk has a crack on it. The crack was found after I remove the factory plastic and it had a white dust on that area.
- Bike frame seat column: the plastic interior and ring that surrounds the column where the seat is placed was broken and it was pretty difficult to get the seat bar to fit in.
- Pedaling makes a grinding noise at the same spot.
- Seat chrome bar: the bar had several rusty areas in its interior. This was very suspicious considering I purchased a new product.
- One of the two rear plastic covers came completely scratched.




felixms


quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixms

My bike came damaged too.
Did Amazon sent you a new bike in good condition?

emilysmartt wrote:I bought this bike during Amazon's cyber sale for $560 with free shipping (prime). Sadly I cannot answer any questions or review it because I still don't have it. It was supposed to arrive last week, but UPS says it was damaged and returned it without my knowledge. Amazon is sending a new one to arrive later in the week. I thought I was getting a good deal, but this is even better. Too bad there are no reviews out there to confirm it's a good purchase.



ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

felixms wrote:My bike came damaged too.
Did Amazon sent you a new bike in good condition?


I'm sorry for the problems with the cycle. CS will get to your post as soon as they can.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MakGeek


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MakGeek

Same issues for me, bike was just dropped at my door by FedEx so I had no time to inspect contents. I never received a tracking number from Woot. The bike inside was not in great shape, but seems to work just fine. I also have the small grinding feeling when pedaling in the same spot. I think that may just be something that has to get broken in.

My other issue was the fact that this model is not Polar heart rate monitor compatible as it stated in the description. I have emailed Woot CS and have not heard back.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MakGeek wrote:Same issues for me, bike was just dropped at my door by FedEx so I had no time to inspect contents. I never received a tracking number from Woot. The bike inside was not in great shape, but seems to work just fine. I also have the small grinding feeling when pedaling in the same spot. I think that may just be something that has to get broken in.

My other issue was the fact that this model is not Polar heart rate monitor compatible as it stated in the description. I have emailed Woot CS and have not heard back.


Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tjackson0


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjackson0

MakGeek,

I have had the same frustrating, infuriating experience as you. The initial shipping email stated that I would be making an appointment so that I could inspect the bike and sign for it on delivery, but that was not the case. FedEx destroyed the bike in transport. I emailed Woot Customer Service right away, followed up and got a response 17 (yes, 17 days) later. They want me to try circumvent FedEx policy by trying to initiate a damage call tag, when clearly it is Woot's obligation to do so. And by the way, there is a 21 day limit to get a damage call tag issued. I have less than 36 hours to get this straightened out. As far as I can tell this just boils down to them being lazy. I have not dealt with a worse customer service organization in a long, long time.

This was definitely my last purchase through Woot.

scuzzle_but


quality posts: 1 Private Messages scuzzle_but

Same crappy experience as everybody else commenting, almost identical in many ways. It's almost like FedEx took our pallet of these bikes and dropped them from a height of 50 feet. Not only was the box damaged, in my case the manual/assembly instructions that came with the bike was for a gold's gym treadmill! My bike also came with two transformers and several broken/cracked pieces - Upper Shield, Right Shield, Left Shield, one of the post bushings - all broken.

I went a different route to attempt to get this resolved and I'm hoping it doesn't come back to bite me - I called Icon Fitness and registered and ordered replacement parts for the bike, with a tech to install them, free of charge. I just had to take pictures of the box and broken parts and send them to the rep I was speaking with.

That said, the parts are STILL on backorder. After calling Icon again today, they said that the parts look like they might come in on 2/7. Meanwhile, the fitness repair company has called me twice checking on when they can come install the parts, so at least they are on the ball.

This is by far the worst purchasing experience I have had on Woot, and quite possibly the worst online shopping experience with any merchant I have ever experienced.

svtbolt2001


quality posts: 0 Private Messages svtbolt2001
scuzzle_but wrote:Same crappy experience as everybody else commenting, almost identical in many ways. It's almost like FedEx took our pallet of these bikes and dropped them from a height of 50 feet. Not only was the box damaged, in my case the manual/assembly instructions that came with the bike was for a gold's gym treadmill! My bike also came with two transformers and several broken/cracked pieces - Upper Shield, Right Shield, Left Shield, one of the post bushings - all broken.

I went a different route to attempt to get this resolved and I'm hoping it doesn't come back to bite me - I called Icon Fitness and registered and ordered replacement parts for the bike, with a tech to install them, free of charge. I just had to take pictures of the box and broken parts and send them to the rep I was speaking with.

That said, the parts are STILL on backorder. After calling Icon again today, they said that the parts look like they might come in on 2/7. Meanwhile, the fitness repair company has called me twice checking on when they can come install the parts, so at least they are on the ball.

This is by far the worst purchasing experience I have had on Woot, and quite possibly the worst online shopping experience with any merchant I have ever experienced.



My bike came damaged too. The box looked like it fell of the back of a truck. There are pieces or broken black plastic in the bottom of the box and the steel brackets at the base of the bike are bent bad enough that the paint has chipped off. I have emailed woot 3 times on this issue and have only gotten one response which was to contact the vendor. I have been wooting for several years now and can say i never expected this bad of customer service.

Just in case CS cares,
Order Date:Dec 18, 2013 Order Number:XXX

[mod note: I'll check in with CS on your order]

Kyrarune


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyrarune

I will say the bike works fine except for the fact is obvious that is refurbished not new. The computer which is required for the bike kind of works (note it is needed and to replace costs over $500!) Does look like it shipped with the wrong power cable ... wonder how in the world that could happen. Going to try to get a power cable first but I will say no big purchases from woot anymore. I will stick to the tee shirts. second time burned and I am not real pleased with woot.

daveincm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveincm

My experience is disturbingly similar to pretty much everyone else here (wrecked box, damaged bike). ProForm CS has been fine to work with but they constantly ask me to diagnose issues and replace parts myself. That is totally unreasonable for a new purchase. It is interesting to note that prior to the Woot offering of this bike, no customer reviews of this bike existed anywhere on the internet. Now, at least 7 woot customers have had the same bad experience and you can also find 5 reviews on Amazon mirroring the same bad experience. It's also worth noting that ProForm site no longer lists this bike for sale (not out of stock… gone off this site). It seems to be a pretty easy conclusion to make that the bike is bad and was pulled from the product line and/or ProForm decided to dump the existing inventory.

Has anyone been successful with a return to either Woot or ProForm?

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

daveincm wrote:My experience is disturbingly similar to pretty much everyone else here (wrecked box, damaged bike). ProForm CS has been fine to work with but they constantly ask me to diagnose issues and replace parts myself. That is totally unreasonable for a new purchase. It is interesting to note that prior to the Woot offering of this bike, no customer reviews of this bike existed anywhere on the internet. Now, at least 7 woot customers have had the same bad experience and you can also find 5 reviews on Amazon mirroring the same bad experience. It's also worth noting that ProForm site no longer lists this bike for sale (not out of stock… gone off this site). It seems to be a pretty easy conclusion to make that the bike is bad and was pulled from the product line and/or ProForm decided to dump the existing inventory.

Has anyone been successful with a return to either Woot or ProForm?



Have you already emailed into support@woot.com and just not heard back?


daveincm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveincm
agingdragqueen wrote:Have you already emailed into support@woot.com and just not hered back?



I have emailed support and support told me that I need to contact teh manufacturer for a solution. teh manufacturer has told me that I need to deal with you for a return. I understand are more or fewer teh reseller for this purchase but this product is defective and it appears that my experience with this product is not exactly uncommon with other Woof! customers as well as other products from ProForm.

**I don't no why teh comment system is messing up t h e fromatting and changing "t h e" to "teh" and replacing words...