WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Laptops, Desktops & Tablets

What's the cure for too many computers? MORE COMPUTERS! Notebooks! Laptops! Desktops! They compute and compute and compute again! We think there might even be an abacus in here somewhere but we can't stop to check because COMPUTERS!

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

The HP ZR2740w is an amazing screen. Incredible detail, beautiful true colors, pure blacks and pure whites, and as much or as little brightness as you want. It's also about twice as heavy as other 27" monitors and is mostly metal, not plastic. The only adjustment is brightness, nothing else. So be prepared to use your video card or color calibration software if you need to. Mine required a very small correction in the green channel, the color was otherwise perfect. It makes my other monitor look like dog poop. It's not a gaming monitor though, sorry. But to get a screen this good you'd have to pay $1000 for a NEC.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma

I got the the ASUS i5 128 GB SSD Zenbook with Windows 7 on woot as a refurb. It's got a crazy fast start up and the full HD screen looks great. It seems to be able to handle everything I've thrown at it so far, including drafting designs in microstation and running geopak and arcmap. I'm impressed so far.

highvolt82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highvolt82

I just hope I actually get my laptop from the last sale! I ordered on December 10th. The tracking originally said that the estimated delivery was yesterday (12/18), but now it says "N/A". The progress is perpetually "Initiated" and it doesn't seem to have moved at all. I think it could have arrived here quicker if it were strapped to the back of a carrier pigeon.

Robb969

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Robb969

HP ENVY 15-J013CL Laptop, 15.6" HD BrightView LED, AMD Elite A8-5550M, 8GB DDR3, 750GB SATA, HDMI, USB 3.0, Radeon HD 8550G, 802.11n, Beats Audio, Win 8

I bought this laptop from Woot, and am very happy with it. It's nice and fast. I put Batman, Arkham Asylum on it, and have no gripes about how smooth the graphics are. This one has a decent Vid Card Folks. None of that Intel nonsense. That makes a difference. I went from a portable Desktop (Seriously... Look up the Lenovo W700) to this, and really am happy with it. It's NOT a gamer per se, but for the money, it's as close as you'll get.

Side Note: If you're coming from Windows 7 or below and can't get past the stupidity of 8 and 8.1's Metro UI, simply download classic shell. It's taken away every gripe I have about 8+

highvolt82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highvolt82
highvolt82 wrote:I just hope I actually get my laptop from the last sale! I ordered on December 10th. The tracking originally said that the estimated delivery was yesterday (12/18), but now it says "N/A". The progress is perpetually "Initiated" and it doesn't seem to have moved at all. I think it could have arrived here quicker if it were strapped to the back of a carrier pigeon.

...and now I get an email telling me that they probably won't even respond to me for another week. I understand the holiday rush, but come on. That's a lot of money to shell out and not even know where the dang thing is.

silvias14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silvias14

Is the hp envy 15 full HD that went for $699 actually full HD (1080) like it says? Or just HD (768) like the spec sheet says. Link... http://www.woot.com/offers/hp-envy-15-6-full-hd-core-i7-laptop

gbirulkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbirulkin

Woot prices need to be reassess to high! compare to other sites, prices in the past Woots where much Better!!

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
highvolt82 wrote:...and now I get an email telling me that they probably won't even respond to me for another week. I understand the holiday rush, but come on. That's a lot of money to shell out and not even know where the dang thing is.

They do this odd thing where they send you a tracking number before it's been shipped. Not sure why they do that. Maybe it has something to do with how they account for orders. Usually there's very little lag (at most a day) between getting a tracking number and the item being shipped. But occasionally it can be delayed and take a lot longer. I had a tracking number on something for a month before it was actually shipped.

natedero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natedero

Just purchased my HP ENVY 15-J013CL. It's a very good buy at this price, and after much research and review, I prefer it to all the alternatives in this sale, it's got a really balanced cpu/gpu kit and I'm excited for it's delivery!

superclean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages superclean

I am not clear on how these Windows 8 tablets work. Is it just like a laptop? Will theSamsung ATIV Smart PC 500T XE500T1C-A04US 11.6" Tablet with S Pen
run all programs that a windows 8 computer will?

bradsbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

The same refurb Samsung tablet is selling for 299.97 on TigerDirect.

superclean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages superclean
bradsbabe wrote:The same refurb Samsung tablet is selling for 299.97 on TigerDirect.

Can you send a link? I can't find it

kinguard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinguard

what's the difference Asus Zenbook UX31A-BHI5T11 VS UX31ARF-R5102F, why the latter is USD100 less than the former?

czbhs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages czbhs
kinguard wrote:what's the difference Asus Zenbook UX31A-BHI5T11 VS UX31ARF-R5102F, why the latter is USD100 less than the former?

Touchscreen?

gregburrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregburrow

Just got my Dell XPS 27 all in one (the $1549 model) but it does not show Nvidia graphics just built in Intel graphics. Also there is no dongle for the keyboard and mouse. Anyone else have problems with theirs?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gregburrow wrote:Just got my Dell XPS 27 all in one (the $1549 model) but it does not show Nvidia graphics just built in Intel graphics. Also there is no dongle for the keyboard and mouse. Anyone else have problems with theirs?

A couple things to look for:

See if the dongle is attached to the computer already or to the bottom of the mouse or keyboard. Sometimes the keyboard or mouse are fitted with a slot to hold the dongle.

For the video card, go to the DEVICE MANAGER and see if both are listed? It may just be set to use the onboard graphics for some odd reason.

You have a 1-year Dell warranty so be sure to contact them. They can help you with any missing parts (we won't have them).

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gregburrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregburrow

Thanks for the quick response. I checked the PC, keyboard, and mouse... No dongle... The manual says it may come pre-installed on the PC, but it is not there.

For the missing video card - device manager shows only Intel HD 4600 graphics. I contacted Dell and they confirmed by checking the service tag that the video card should be included but it is either missing or broken.

Dell will not provide support as the service tag was already registered to another party. I explained it was purchased as refurbished through Woot but they cannot help unless I can get the previous owner to change ownership of the service tag.

I have emailed Woot support to see what my options are for a return or exchange. Hopefully I am the only one with a bad unit.

ThunderThighs wrote:A couple things to look for:

See if the dongle is attached to the computer already or to the bottom of the mouse or keyboard. Sometimes the keyboard or mouse are fitted with a slot to hold the dongle.

For the video card, go to the DEVICE MANAGER and see if both are listed? It may just be set to use the onboard graphics for some odd reason.

You have a 1-year Dell warranty so be sure to contact them. They can help you with any missing parts (we won't have them).

kapt_kaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kapt_kaos

bought hp 23-b244 aio. backlight died after 5 mins. gave it my info. said would restart and configure system when it came back up. No backlight. Black screen. had to get within about two inches to tell that there was a home page up. Submitted response to support asking for RMA. Auto response says up to a week to reply. This sucks.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kapt_kaos wrote:bought hp 23-b244 aio. backlight died after 5 mins. gave it my info. said would restart and configure system when it came back up. No backlight. Black screen. had to get within about two inches to tell that there was a home page up. Submitted response to support asking for RMA. Auto response says up to a week to reply. This sucks.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from Woot Member Services.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services to help expedite a response.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

dariusha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dariusha

purchased a HP SPLIT 13, and I have problems with my laptop I bought on December 14 and received on December 21st.... submitted a ticket on January 1st. today January 13... this is no longer a good deal.. after 28 woots over the past few years and almost 2k last year... i think I have to say goodbye... it sucks.. but amazon is way better and much quicker to solve problems

dariusha

a week will be great... I been waiting 12 days and still nothing...

ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you haven't he1ard back from Woot Member Services.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services to help expedite a response.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dariusha wrote:purchased a HP SPLIT 13, and I have problems with my laptop I bought on December 14 and received on December 21st.... submitted a ticket on January 1st. today January 13... this is no longer a good deal.. after 28 woots over the past few years and almost 2k last year... i think I have to say goodbye... it sucks.. but amazon is way better and much quicker to solve problems

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dariusha

here we go... they waited 12 (21 days since the item arrived at my house) days to tell me that I need to contact HP support.. I work for HP.. I dont want to send a PC i just bought to be fix... I want an return authorization.. WAIT.. DID THEY JUST WAITED push me outside their return period ???? clever....
I will have to call amex and never buy here again... sucks

dariusha wrote:purchased a HP SPLIT 13, and I have problems with my laptop I bought on December 14 and received on December 21st.... submitted a ticket on January 1st. today January 13... this is no longer a good deal.. after 28 woots over the past few years and almost 2k last year... i think I have to say goodbye... it sucks.. but amazon is way better and much quicker to solve problems

ThunderThighs

Staff

dariusha wrote:here we go... they waited 12 (21 days since the item arrived at my house) days to tell me that I need to contact HP support.. I work for HP.. I dont want to send a PC i just bought to be fix... I want an return authorization.. WAIT.. DID THEY JUST WAITED push me outside their return period ???? clever....
I will have to call amex and never buy here again... sucks

I just looked at the email that you were sent. What it said was that we have no replacements available but that you do have a warranty through HP. The CS rep then gave you contact information for HP support. They also said to contact us if HP is unable to help you.

Nowhere in the email did they mention the 21 day return period since your email was sent on 1/1/2014 which was within the 21 day period.

As per our FAQ, we recommend that you go through the warranty first. Your computer was Factory Reconditioned and carries an HP warranty. You should go through them first so you are without a computer as little time as possible.

IGotNothin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IGotNothin

I sent a message back on the 2nd and no response yet. Just sent a follow up. I got bait and switched (or so it appears). Computer description says quad core all over it but what I received is dual core. Has woot over extended its ability to provide good customer service? Disappointing to a long time customer.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

IGotNothin wrote:I sent a message back on the 2nd and no response yet. Just sent a follow up. I got bait and switched (or so it appears). Computer description says quad core all over it but what I received is dual core. Has woot over extended its ability to provide good customer service? Disappointing to a long time customer.

I'm very sorry to hear that you might have received an order with the wrong specifications.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post along to a Woot Member Services Representative to help you out.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to your email inquiry.

IGotNothin

Thanks for forwarding. They got right back to me and asked for the serial number to better assist me. I responded right back with the number. That was on the morning of the 15th, haven't heard from them since. When did Woot turn getting support in to a scavenger hunt like the Bungled Original Communicator?

ROGETRAY wrote:I'm very sorry to hear that you might have received an order with the wrong specifications.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post along to a Woot Member Services Representative to help you out.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to your email inquiry.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

IGotNothin wrote:Thanks for forwarding. They got right back to me and asked for the serial number to better assist me. I responded right back with the number. That was on the morning of the 15th, haven't heard from them since. When did Woot turn getting support in to a scavenger hunt like the Bungled Original Communicator?

Jeez, sorry. I poked them again.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

IGotNothin

manhandsha wrote:Jeez, sorry. I poked them again.

Still nothing. Maybe share this as a resource:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=19.230.340

See if that spurs them (or your attorneys). Not trying to be a jerk but this is a pretty ridiculous lack of response.

kevgkeller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevgkeller

Its now been 5+ weeks since my Samsung tablet has been delivered and still no S-pen. Samsung says that it is Woot's responsibiity to fix and woot 'customer service' has been ignoring for a month. After 5 yrs, don't think I'll be doing anymore business with this place, but I do have an appointment with the Michigan attorney generals office to discuss Woots inability to deliver on a advertised product and address issues. We'll see if there are enough other people who have had problems and see if we can get woot to respond through this effort. Won't be beating my head against the wall to deal with this crap anymore. Bye Woot.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 120 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

kevgkeller wrote:Its now been 5+ weeks since my Samsung tablet has been delivered and still no S-pen. Samsung says that it is Woot's responsibiity to fix and woot 'customer service' has been ignoring for a month. After 5 yrs, don't think I'll be doing anymore business with this place, but I do have an appointment with the Michigan attorney generals office to discuss Woots inability to deliver on a advertised product and address issues. We'll see if there are enough other people who have had problems and see if we can get woot to respond through this effort. Won't be beating my head against the wall to deal with this crap anymore. Bye Woot.

I'm very sorry about that, I'll speak with our CS team this morning on your order.

IGotNothin

Do they actually read email from customers? It seems my replies get no response unless I post a follow up here. Last I heard was I was supposed to hear back from support or the manufacturer by Monday (last Monday), but still nothing despite two follow up emails from me. It appears Woot has no intention of correcting this issue and is going to continue the practice of bait and switch with its customers. As such, if I don't have a satisfactory resolution by end of day Monday 2/10, I will file a complaint with the Attorney General's office. I would also encourage anyone else reading this with similar circumstances take similar action. This is not okay.

Makes me sad, Woot used to be such a great place to spend my money.

IGotNothin wrote:Still nothing. Maybe share this as a resource:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=19.230.340

See if that spurs them (or your attorneys). Not trying to be a jerk but this is a pretty ridiculous lack of response.

dbright007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbright007

Latitude E6410 - Misadvertised - missing features, vid card already having issues.

umopepisdn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages umopepisdn

I purchased a Dell Latitude E5410 laptop from Woot.

When it arrived, it failed to find bootable media. There is apparently no operating system installed.

Woot asserts that laptops are covered under manufacturer's warranty, so I head over to Dell, enter the service tag in their warranty checker, and find:

"Our records show that your Dell product support warranty has expired. We are still here for you and offer a variety of solutions, some of which are listed below."

What can I do?

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

umopepisdn wrote:I purchased a Dell Latitude E5410 laptop from Woot.

When it arrived, it failed to find bootable media. There is apparently no operating system installed.

Woot asserts that laptops are covered under manufacturer's warranty, so I head over to Dell, enter the service tag in their warranty checker, and find:

"Our records show that your Dell product support warranty has expired. We are still here for you and offer a variety of solutions, some of which are listed below."

What can I do?

Sorry for the trouble. Looks like these had a 90 Woot Limited Warranty; please email you order info and issue to support@woot.com for further assistance. Keep us updated on how things go.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.