lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Tommy Hilfiger Men's Coats - 2 Styles
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard or $12 Two-Day or $15 One-Day
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 3016 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

Tommy Hilfiger Men's Coats - 2 Styles
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 2-3 business days (Tuesday, Dec 24 to Wednesday, Dec 25) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

The Pea coat: "originally worn by sailors of European and later American navies." - wikipedia

Plus, that's a heavy discount

lichme

quality posts: 3016 Private Messages lichme

Here are some good reviews for the Melton Top

bryan1436

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bryan1436

And today's history lesson also courtesy of Wikipedia --

According to a 1975 edition of the Mariner's Mirror, the term pea coat originated from the Dutch or West Frisian word pijjekker or pijjakker, in which pij referred to the type of cloth used, a coarse kind of twilled blue cloth with a nap on one side.
Another theory, favoured by the US Navy, is that the heavy topcoat worn in cold, miserable weather by seafaring men was once tailored from "pilot cloth" -- a heavy, coarse, stout kind of twilled blue cloth with the nap on one side. This was sometimes called P-cloth from the initial letter of pilot, and the garment made from it was called a p-jacket -- later a pea coat. The term has been used since 1723 to denote coats made from that cloth.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Before you ask, the partially decapitated gentlemen are not included.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

You can never have too many sharp looking coats in your closet; especially ones you got on the cheap. At least thats what I always say ;)

I got something better than luck.

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink

In my opinion, peacoats look a little strange when they're not double breasted.

afresh1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages afresh1

I think the coat bryan1436 linked to has too many buttons, looks more like this one to me - http://amzn.com/B0081F9VZG - $134.99 - $160.00

andrew - Twitter: @AFresh1

arevan

quality posts: 9 Private Messages arevan

Really tempted to get both, but I'm hesitant to buy without being able to try them on or return/exchange them if they don't fit correctly. I think I'll sleep on this one and decide in the morning if there are still some left.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

If you have broad shoulders, are tall, have long arms, or are heavier, look elsewhere.

brentbucci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brentbucci

Before you purchase Tommy Hilfiger clothing, you should listen to the wonderful and amazingly heartfelt lyrics of his son's rap album. I guarantee it is the worst thing you have ever experienced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXnhx2PvECY

mdkthein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkthein

Just spent 20 min watching a few of Rich Hil's videos. LOLOLOLOL! I needed a good laugh to start my day. That was the worst rap ever. I thought it was a joke. Thanks for posting.

oliverspeaks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oliverspeaks
mdkthein wrote:Just spent 20 min watching a few of Rich Hil's videos. LOLOLOLOL! I needed a good laugh to start my day. That was the worst rap ever. I thought it was a joke. Thanks for posting.

Wow. Just. WOW. I too, thought it was a joke. LOL!!! That is now in my top three best worst videos ever on YouTube. Right up there with the Winnebago man. The comments defending that young man's musical inability are priceless.

XterraGuy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages XterraGuy

Why couldn't this be under "accessories and watch" instead?

ThunderThighs

Staff

XterraGuy wrote:Why couldn't this be under "accessories and watch" instead?

It could but we sell items from all categories on Woot. We pick the best deal to highlight for woot.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brucegz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brucegz

The coat they are calling a peacoat is NOT a peacoat. A peacoat is double breasted, navy style. That coat is just a basic old style carcoat. Woot wrong.

brucegz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brucegz
breaddrink wrote:In my opinion, peacoats look a little strange when they're not double breasted.

They do since it's not a peacoat if it's not double breasted. Not as advertised. Personally, I prefer Nautica peacoats. They understand the navy peacoat concept much better but that's just me.

pdsone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pdsone

As usual with most clothes sold in this country it won't fit on me. I'm 6'5" with a 48" chest and 32" waist. The XLarge would be roomy enough at the waist to fit two of me.

Can't wait until clothing manufactures start to cater to slim guys again.

chuckre1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckre1

Question: Are the sizes listed assuming that a suit is being worn under the coats?

ChronoMATT

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ChronoMATT

Yeah...not a peacoat. In that chic, exclusive, unreachable by us simple mortals fashion industry, I believe these are called "driver's coats".

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
pdsone wrote:As usual with most clothes sold in this country it won't fit on me. I'm 6'5" with a 48" chest and 32" waist. The XLarge would be roomy enough at the waist to fit two of me.

Can't wait until clothing manufactures start to cater to slim guys again.

Oh sir, it will be a long, long wait. Find a good tailor in the meantime!

frankwatkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankwatkins

So, wow, got an email from Woot that said "we canceled your order as you requested" - except I didn't request it. Before I could say "White Tundra Frost?" I get another email that says "we were unable to fulfill your order", so we are refunding your money (thanks!) and here's $5 if you buy something else within 30 days.

Looks like Amazon's slide down the hill is taking Woot right along with it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

frankwatkins wrote:So, wow, got an email from Woot that said "we canceled your order as you requested" - except I didn't request it. Before I could say "White Tundra Frost?" I get another email that says "we were unable to fulfill your order", so we are refunding your money (thanks!) and here's $5 if you buy something else within 30 days.

Sorry about that. Our system has kinda sucky messaging and can't tell the difference between a cancellation by request or when we have to cancel one due to lack of inventory. We're aware of it and looking into it.

Sorry for the no coat situation.

FORUM MODERATOR

hagbard78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagbard78
frankwatkins wrote:So, wow, got an email from Woot that said "we canceled your order as you requested" - except I didn't request it. Before I could say "White Tundra Frost?" I get another email that says "we were unable to fulfill your order", so we are refunding your money (thanks!) and here's $5 if you buy something else within 30 days.

I think I'd rather be in that boat right now. Instead, I received my coat on Monday, except it was not only 2 sizes smaller than what I ordered, but also the wrong style. I emailed Woot on Monday, but no response yet. Hoping that's due to the holiday.

dtoohey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtoohey

dear woot. i have been trying to contact you for weeks via email. i boght this coat in an xl but was sent a m i don't need a too small fit to look like the fat guy in a little coat i assume you are sold out so i would like to return/refund this coat. please let me know

dtoohey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtoohey
hagbard78 wrote:I think I'd rather be in that boat right now. Instead, I received my coat on Monday, except it was not only 2 sizes smaller than what I ordered, but also the wrong style. I emailed Woot on Monday, but no response yet. Hoping that's due to the holiday.

did you ever get a response? i also was sent one 2 sizes smaller and contacted over holidays with no response very frustrating

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

dtoohey wrote:dear woot. i have been trying to contact you for weeks via email. i boght this coat in an xl but was sent a m i don't need a too small fit to look like the fat guy in a little coat i assume you are sold out so i would like to return/refund this coat. please let me know

I'm sorry about that, I will speak with CS and hopefully we'll get you a response by the end of day today.

EDIT: sorry for the delay in response, it looks like they will be sending you the correct size, you should be getting a tracking number when that is shipped.

hagbard78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagbard78
agingdragqueen wrote:I'm sorry about that, I will speak with CS and hopefully we'll get you a response by the end of day today.

EDIT: sorry for the delay in response, it looks like they will be sending you the correct size, you should be getting a tracking number when that is shipped.

Me as well? I've now sent in a second ticket as the first one was never responded to after over a week of waiting. Same thing, ordered an XL, sent a M. Ordered Chalk Stripe, sent Charcoal. Ticket was originally sent in on 12/30/2013.

ThunderThighs

Staff

hagbard78 wrote:Me as well? I've now sent in a second ticket as the first one was never responded to after over a week of waiting. Same thing, ordered an XL, sent a M. Ordered Chalk Stripe, sent Charcoal. Ticket was originally sent in on 12/30/2013.

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR

lk61fei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lk61fei
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

bought on Dec 22 and not even shipped yet

no.XXX

[MOD EDIT] I removed your order number for your privacy, but your info was sent to CS.

PRASANM12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PRASANM12

I ordered a right size jacket from tommy brand, but this jacket seem to be big. I requested for a return and woot.com said they dont accept returns. However, the support website says they accept returns with a 15% restocking fee. Which one is correct? Please make it clear whether you accept returns or not.

ThunderThighs

Staff

PRASANM12 wrote:I ordered a right size jacket from tommy brand, but this jacket seem to be big. I requested for a return and woot.com said they dont accept returns. However, the support website says they accept returns with a 15% restocking fee. Which one is correct? Please make it clear whether you accept returns or not.

Sorry for the confusion. We only accept returns for defects or damage. Sizing is not a defect.

FORUM MODERATOR

kerrycarlyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerrycarlyle

Ordered a XL and received a Medium. WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES? no returns when WOOT screw up, how does that work?

agingdragqueen

Staff

kerrycarlyle wrote:Ordered a XL and received a Medium. WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES? no returns when WOOT screw up, how does that work?

We do fix our mistakes! Have you already written into support@woot.com?

JerryCalder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JerryCalder
hagbard78 wrote:Me as well? I've now sent in a second ticket as the first one was never responded to after over a week of waiting. Same thing, ordered an XL, sent a M. Ordered Chalk Stripe, sent Charcoal. Ticket was originally sent in on 12/30/2013.

I also was sent the wrong size and style. I've now tried (4) time via email to resolve this issue and have NOT heard anything to date! Can someone give me advice on the best way to get this resolved?

agingdragqueen

Staff

JerryCalder wrote:I also was sent the wrong size and style. I've now tried (4) time via email to resolve this issue and have NOT heard anything to date! Can someone give me advice on the best way to get this resolved?

I'm definitely sorry about that, I'm working with CS to get these sizing issues corrected ASAP.

kimdan3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimdan3
agingdragqueen wrote:We do fix our mistakes! Have you already written into support@woot.com?

Same here. I ordered an XL for my son and got sent a medium and have sent 3 emails with NO response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimdan3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimdan3
dtoohey wrote:dear woot. i have been trying to contact you for weeks via email. i boght this coat in an xl but was sent a m i don't need a too small fit to look like the fat guy in a little coat i assume you are sold out so i would like to return/refund this coat. please let me know

Same exact problem here. I ordered an XL for my son and a medium arrived. I have sent 3 emails to "support" with NO response! I would like the correct coat if possible