danielm


quality posts: 2 Private Messages danielm
ernests wrote:A much better deal on same monitor brand new, with free HDMI cable included

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=HEZR2740W&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=



I'm seeing $450 at B&H new with no cable.

ernests


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ernests

but its brand new, It’s says on top Free cable, not sure how you missed it

erocka


quality posts: 0 Private Messages erocka

I got one a few weeks ago... so happy with the decision. Moving from a 24" 1920x1080 to this is a nice upgrade.

Also I was surprised that this came with multiple cables (DVI, display port, USB).

scsinet


quality posts: 2 Private Messages scsinet
pcordes1979 wrote:This is a nice monitor but it has 1 major (in my opinion) issue that most monitors I have seen do not have. The HP ZR2740w monitor will only operate at 3 resolutions 640x480, 1280x720, and its native resolution of 2560x1440 . I discovered this issue on a service call I had one day to replace a motherboard in a notebook computer because the monitor wouldn't display right. Upon doing some research I found the information above ( the notebook computer in question would only do up to 1920x1200 ). Appears the hardware scalar in the monitor is a very simplistic one that will only double or triple the picture not do more arbitrary scaling rates.

Just make sure the computer you are hooking it up to can handle the native resolution otherwise it will be half or a third of the resolution. I also suspect this is the reason why there is a large number of these monitors as refurbs because people were finding that it would only work at the 1280x720 resolution on their computer, so they returned them for a monitor that would work to the full resolution.

Also here is the review from Toms Hardware on it http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hp-zr2740w-asus-pb278q-review,3490-2.html



What purchasers of this monitor need to understand is that there is key difference between dual link DVI and single link DVI.

Many folks may desire to run this monitor off their video card with DVI outputs. If doing so, be sure that you have a DUAL LINK DVI output for each monitor you plan to use. If they are single link, you will only be able to drive the monitor at exactly 1/2 resolution, which is 1280x720.

If your video card has a displayport output, then a displayport-displayport cable is the ideal way to connect it.

In my case, I have two HP LP3065 monitors, which do not have displayport inputs, only DVI. When I tried to drive the displays from my AMD 290x video board, I could only get one display to run at native resolution. I discovered this problem, that being that only one of my DVI ports was dual-link. I had to buy a very expensive active displayport-DVI adapter with DL support.

Obviously that would not be a problem with these monitors since they have displayport inputs, but just a heads up if you are planning to use the DVI connections to be sure that you have enough DUAL LINK DVI ports for each monitor you plan to drive.

Also be sure to use dual link DVI cables.

jabcam04


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabcam04

Well not about this product but you say your customer service sucks I've sent a few support tickets about orders and why it shows my delivery address is correct but the tracking confirmation shows it being delivered to completely other state and address. White Tundra Frost woot not cool.

therlog


quality posts: 2 Private Messages therlog
ernests wrote:but its brand new, It’s says on top Free cable, not sure how you missed it



Whether the extra hundred bucks for brand new is a "much better deal" is subjective, though.

Milquetoast


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Milquetoast
photobobk wrote:
Don't get me wrong, the $5 shipping policy is a great feature here. I just wish they could balance that with some realistic shipping time estimates.


With nearly 10 years and an almost embarrassing number of woots under my belt, I feel I can speak with confidence on this: you only buy something from woot if you absolutely do not care when it arrives. That's the tradeoff for great products, low prices, and cheap shipping.

jvspencer


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jvspencer

As long as you buy something from woot and throw in a few woot+ purchases at least once a week you will be getting a package of something every now and then. That is what makes woot fun, getting something you forgot you ordered because you are always ordering, forgetting, then ordering some more. I like that. (Wife, not so much...)

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cowscankill wrote:I also bought one of these in early December, on Tuesday the 10th. I have yet to receive my monitor, and was really surprised to see they are on sale again.

Am I ever going to get my product Woot?


Looks like something went wrong. If you haven't already, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I'm checking things from this end as well.

Sorry for the delay.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

thebigdonkey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebigdonkey

12 MS response. Geeze. Has anyone used this monitor for gaming or is it only really suitable for A/V or photoshop type usage?

SelfGovern


quality posts: 4 Private Messages SelfGovern
ernests wrote:A much better deal on same monitor brand new, with free HDMI cable included

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=HEZR2740W&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=


[MOD: Price is $449.]


Yes, I'd trust that seller on this monitor.

(Hint: This monitor does not have an HDMI port)

Liberty breeds responsibility

elsupreme


quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

Woot! Why are you doing this to me?

If you put this up before Christmas, I could have blown off all my gifts I bought for others, and just doubled up on this.

I don't think I can swing $700 today!

webdev511


quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511
jheller3131 wrote:I found this in one of the newegg reviews: HP refused to honor the warranty because I didn't have an HP computer hooked to it. That's a deal breaker for me.



I'm calling BS on the Newegg poster. If it was a refurb sold "as is" then it wouldn't matter what kind of computer they had it hooked up to because you know "as is". Probably a lot more to the review than what was stated.

theazman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theazman

What's the point of these forums if I can't say what I want. Woot big thumbs down here.

SelfGovern


quality posts: 4 Private Messages SelfGovern
theazman wrote:What's the point of these forums if I can't say what I want. Woot big thumbs down here.


The point of these fora is to promote Woot! and develop a user community -- with the goals of furthering the brand and helping Woot! sell more stuff.

[MOD EDIT: Play nice]

Liberty breeds responsibility

djk21108


quality posts: 1 Private Messages djk21108

I bought this one instead:


Comes with a cable and is really thin.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

theazman wrote:What's the point of these forums if I can't say what I want. Woot big thumbs down here.



Sorry if one of your posts was nuked.

We try and keep the discussion in each thread on topic with the offer of the day.

If people are shilling, spamming, using profanity or have general complaints not associated with the thread we tend to delete the posts and ask folks to create a World of Woot discussion where they can continue their discussions there.

waffle


quality posts: 5 Private Messages waffle

I bought a "famous Maker" 27" IPS monitor about 2 months ago. A cousin to this. I use it in a dual config w/a a pretty high end ASUS as the other monitor. I have to say this has significantly better detail and tone. Easy on the eyes. And yes, I have used it for gaming and it's servicable, but by no means blazin'

insename


quality posts: 0 Private Messages insename

To any mods here:

I ordered this but put the wrong name for the shipping address. My new address is at an apartment so I want to make sure the name is right. I emailed support and the automated reply said it may take a week for a response.

Any chance this can be caught before it is shipped?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

insename wrote:To any mods here:

I ordered this but put the wrong name for the shipping address. My new address is at an apartment so I want to make sure the name is right. I emailed support and the automated reply said it may take a week for a response.

Any chance this can be caught before it is shipped?



Heya.

You can still cancel within 15 minutes of the sale. Try following these instructions HERE

If it's too late, you could try contacting FedEx once it ships and seeing if they can change the address (once the tracking is generated). They're usually pretty helpful with orders.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

insename wrote:To any mods here:

I ordered this but put the wrong name for the shipping address. My new address is at an apartment so I want to make sure the name is right. I emailed support and the automated reply said it may take a week for a response.

Any chance this can be caught before it is shipped?



P.S A rep from CS informed me that your order appears to be fine.
You entered in city/state in the 3rd line of the address, but it most likely will ship accordingly.

insename


quality posts: 0 Private Messages insename
ROGETRAY wrote:P.S A rep from CS informed me that your order appears to be fine.
You entered in city/state in the 3rd line of the address, but it most likely will ship accordingly.



The address is fine but the name is wrong. Normally this would not be an issue but it is to an apartment this time and the postal worker has been known to decline packages if the name does not match.

Contact Fedex is the best bet?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

insename wrote:The address is fine but the name is wrong. Normally this would not be an issue but it is to an apartment this time and the postal worker has been known to decline packages if the name does not match.

Contact Fedex is the best bet?



Yeah. Once you get the tracking for your order, go into the "Stuff You Bought" and find the item.
Click on the tracking of the link and follow it to FedEx. They should have a Customer Contact number you can call with your info.

I'm not 100% certain they can help, but if it's just your name, more than likely they will still deliver it to the lobby/front desk of your apartment.

insename


quality posts: 0 Private Messages insename
ROGETRAY wrote:Yeah. Once you get the tracking for your order, go into the "Stuff You Bought" and find the item.
Click on the tracking of the link and follow it to FedEx. They should have a Customer Contact number you can call with your info.

I'm not 100% certain they can help, but if it's just your name, more than likely they will still deliver it to the lobby/front desk of your apartment.



Thanks.

I'll give them a call.

theazman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theazman
SelfGovern wrote:The point of these fora is to promote Woot! and develop a user community -- with the goals of furthering the brand and helping Woot! sell more stuff.

[MOD EDIT: Play nice]



Why would I want to help woot sell more stuff? I have bought over 130 woots, when something isn't a deal, I want to be able to say so so other people don't buy it. Not have my commente deleted...

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

theazman wrote:Why would I want to help woot sell more stuff? I have bought over 130 woots, when something isn't a deal, I want to be able to say so so other people don't buy it. Not have my commente deleted...



Again, I'm sorry your post was deleted. We very much appreciate your input and certainly want to hear if you think today's offer is a deal or not. We don't delete posts because of positive or negative reviews. However, we do ask that everyone treat each other with respect on their comments and opinions and hopefully share their experiences and thoughts on today's offer.


dnlkolender


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender
nucleardrugs wrote:12ms?



Indeed...

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
pcordes1979 wrote:This is a nice monitor but it has 1 major (in my opinion) issue that most monitors I have seen do not have. The HP ZR2740w monitor will only operate at 3 resolutions 640x480, 1280x720, and its native resolution of 2560x1440 . I discovered this issue on a service call I had one day to replace a motherboard in a notebook computer because the monitor wouldn't display right. Upon doing some research I found the information above ( the notebook computer in question would only do up to 1920x1200 ). Appears the hardware scalar in the monitor is a very simplistic one that will only double or triple the picture not do more arbitrary scaling rates.

Just make sure the computer you are hooking it up to can handle the native resolution otherwise it will be half or a third of the resolution. I also suspect this is the reason why there is a large number of these monitors as refurbs because people were finding that it would only work at the 1280x720 resolution on their computer, so they returned them for a monitor that would work to the full resolution.



It is fairly common knowledge that very few laptops contain powerful enough chips and usually incorrect outputs to support the full resolution of a monitor like this. I've seen some Mac laptops that have issues running this resolution (even with the ~$100 active adapters).

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

cycokiller


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
bpd1069 wrote:7380x1440(mosaic) would be something to behold.



Yeah, that would be awesome. I've had 2 30" monitors that gave me 5120x1600, and that was pretty sweet (and also $800+ each, yikes!), but I could lose a little off the vertical to have 3 of these.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

johndoe123123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages johndoe123123

Has anyone received this and tried gaming on it yet? How good/bad is it?

How does 1080P content look as it must non-natively upscale it on your PC?

satishm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages satishm

Bought two last week and received them today.

One is DOA; Powers on but no display; tried with Dell E6400 and Macbook Air both with Displayport. No joy.

The other works beautifully and has a gorgeous picture. I am hooked on WQHD resolution!

Time to get me some woot.support I guess...

Satish
FL

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

satishm wrote:Bought two last week and received them today.

One is DOA; Powers on but no display; tried with Dell E6400 and Macbook Air both with Displayport. No joy.

The other works beautifully and has a gorgeous picture. I am hooked on WQHD resolution!

Time to get me some woot.support I guess...



Sorry to hear that one of the monitors you received is experiencing issues.

We would recommend that since you still carry a 1 Year HP Warranty, to contact their Support Page. They should be exceptionally helpful in finding a solution to the problems you're encountering.

If you contact them and are unable to find assistance, please feel free to email into support@woot.com and explain your situation.
They'll be more than helpful in answering any questions or concerns you have about your order.

rico2577


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rico2577
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that one of the monitors you received is experiencing issues.

We would recommend that since you still carry a 1 Year HP Warranty, to contact their Support Page. They should be exceptionally helpful in finding a solution to the problems you're encountering.

If you contact them and are unable to find assistance, please feel free to email into support@woot.com and explain your situation.
They'll be more than helpful in answering any questions or concerns you have about your order.



I also received one that did not work. HP support was awesome, once I finally got through to the right dept. (business workstation) They sent a guy to my house with a replacement screen the next day.

Sharon Carpenter

lambda280


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lambda280

Mine arrived defective as well. Works for a few seconds to minutes, then the image freezes with narrow black horizontal stripes and goes dark from top to bottom a few seconds later. (Backlight remains on but at a low level).

It does not depend on the video input used, resolution, computer/cable/video card driving the monitor. I suspect a power supply defect. When it works - it looks great, sharp, good color, and all pixels seem functional.

Off to HP to have it replaced. Unless you enjoy the lotto and wasting time, I would not recommend buying this monitor the next time it comes up on Woot.