WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Merry Christmas! What is your favorite part of the day?
  • 32.6% - Spending time with family 526
  • 17.6% - Watching my kids open presents 283
  • 9.4% - Opening my own presents (of course) 151
  • 8.3% - Dinner! 133
  • 11.9% - Sipping something warm in my PJs all day 192
  • 8.3% - Peace on Earth, good will toward men, etc 133
  • 9.2% - I don't celebrate Christmas 149
  • 2.8% - Something else (comments!) 45
1612 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Marichele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marichele

Xmas Bag of Coal???

Marichele

saramwrap

quality posts: 17 Private Messages saramwrap
Marichele wrote:Xmas Bag of Coal???

Can't say that's my favorite part of the day so far. I sacrificed a monkey to make it happen, and came up empty-handed.

I'm expecting that my favorite part of the day will be getting to sleep for the first time in nearly 40 hours. I stayed up an extra 4 to try for the carps, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be lucid dreaming screaming monkeys if I don't crash now.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

Merry Winter Solstice and a Happy Festivus, everyone!

boxcut256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boxcut256

I work at a certain candle company's manufacturing plant. Part of my job is to inspect the candles for defects after they are in their glassware. My favorite part of Christmas is taking the top off a select few and farting into them esp after eating at the taco bell down the street. This way I know many people are sharing my Christmas cheer!!! Feliz Navidad

krdshrk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krdshrk

Staying up late and sleeping in....

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee

Christmas cookies.

faryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faryl

There I was, hanging out in pjs, feeling like a bad Jew for not ordering Chinese food, debating donning a bra & pants so I could go buy myself some cookies, when I saw a tweet.

'Twas a Christmas tweet from Woot.

Well it's a good thing I didn't get that Chinese food - had my fingers been too greasy from a yuletide eggroll, I may not have scored a Brigadier of Carolling

Definitely my favorite part of the day. Much better than cookies.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender

Puppies!!!! (that I walk)

emccoyii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages emccoyii

Going back to bed after all the fuss and bother is over.

waterresistant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waterresistant

Christ's birth.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
boxcut256 wrote:I work at a certain candle company's manufacturing plant. Part of my job is to inspect the candles for defects after they are in their glassware. My favorite part of Christmas is taking the top off a select few and farting into them esp after eating at the taco bell down the street. This way I know many people are sharing my Christmas cheer!!! Feliz Navidad

Oh, so you're the one! We at first thought it was the new puppy who had been given peanut butter cookies. Then our attention turned to uncle Fred who was the usual suspect.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Being the first one up, turning the lights on the tree, sipping a hot cup of coffee, having a few relaxing minutes before the mad rush...wondering why in the world I'm on Woot on Christmas morning. Have I not shopped enough over the past forty days? What in the world is wrong with me...and with the rest of you guys, for that matter??

Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year anyway!

BB

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
beaglebrains wrote:...wondering why in the world I'm on Woot on Christmas morning. Have I not shopped enough over the past forty days? What in the world is wrong with me...and with the rest of you guys, for that matter??

Some of us are not QUITE home from work yet. But Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year right back atcha!

OE

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Kids not up yet.
Grandkids not up yet.
Enjoying coffee and soft Christmas music.

Merry Christmas, Wooters.

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains
0ldeag1e wrote:Some of us are not QUITE home from work yet. But Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year right back atcha!

OE

Thanks - and to faryl and others who aren't Christmas nerds, have a great day and same wishes for the new year! ;)

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial
paulpnevada wrote:Merry Winter Solstice and a Happy Festivus, everyone!

You're one of "those" people....

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

dghoppe41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dghoppe41

As a Hospice volunteer, I will be visiting home-bound live alone patients and bringing them a Christmas dinner.

mamurphy88

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mamurphy88

Opening the Brigadier of Carolling I ordered on the 11th day of Crapmas. I got ELEVEN items, including a rubberized dinosaur, reusable grocery bags, T shirts, and more. Thank you woot .

"i want something cute on my shirt, not the mona lisa."

alyeskaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alyeskaddict

Beer.

kmjacox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmjacox

Well my least favorite part of today was the disappointment of having not received my order of December 13 by Christmas, even though I paid extra for overnight shipping .

The best part? Knowing that I will never order anything from Woot again.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

Spent the day with my family. There were 33 people in a small house. Good times. Missed out on the Brigadier of Carolling but that's OK. Congrats to those that got one.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Finally getting home and getting to relax after all the mayhem with family.

dgepb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgepb

The day off work and kickin it with family

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
Marichele wrote:Xmas Bag of Coal???

snow on me for choosing "don't celebrate it" before I remembered that going for the bag IS my traditional celebration (well, that and sending off an apologetic e-mail to my sister for not mailing her birthday presents in time).

PS Where are we discussing the Xmas bags?

faryl

mossygreen wrote:
PS Where are we discussing the Xmas bags?

Should we post here in the meantime?

I got my shipping confirmation & it should be here (theoretically) on 1/2. Tracking currently shows 18x12x12 in & 4.5lbs

(I know there's some formula for calculating if it's possibly a placeholder size, but I never remember how that works, so right now figure the one accurate bit of info is it shipped, all other details subject to, but may not, change)

mossygreen

faryl wrote:Should we post here in the meantime?

I got my shipping confirmation & it should be here (theoretically) on 1/2. Tracking currently shows 18x12x12 in & 4.5lbs

(I know there's some formula for calculating if it's possibly a placeholder size, but I never remember how that works, so right now figure the one accurate bit of info is it shipped, all other details subject to, but may not, change)

Well, it might only ever be the two of us, but why not?

My bag is due 1/03, allegedly 6.3 lbs., and also allegedly 18x12x12.

Naturally, I'm leaving town on the second, but I've been promised that my box will be safe and unopened until I return. Of course, by then all the action here will probably be over, but I'll be keeping up with what everyone got and spoiling myself in the meantime.

Which bag did you get? I was facebook.

faryl

mossygreen wrote:Well, it might only ever be the two of us, but why not?

My bag is due 1/03, allegedly 6.3 lbs., and also allegedly 18x12x12.

Naturally, I'm leaving town on the second, but I've been promised that my box will be safe and unopened until I return. Of course, by then all the action here will probably be over, but I'll be keeping up with what everyone got and spoiling myself in the meantime.

Which bag did you get? I was facebook.

I clicked on the tweet woot sent out. If it's just the two of us, hopefully that means ours will be hand-picked & custom tailored for each of us :-)

mossygreen

faryl wrote:I clicked on the tweet woot sent out. If it's just the two of us, hopefully that means ours will be hand-picked & custom tailored for each of us :-)

Oh, you optimist! I like the way you think.

I feel like there must be a discussion going on somewhere else, though.

faryl

beaglebrains wrote:Thanks - and to faryl and others who aren't Christmas nerds, have a great day and same wishes for the new year! ;)

This is super-belated, but I just saw it! Thank you! Hope your day was great and that 2014's been treating you well!