editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid
thebuggalo wrote:You only post it on Twitter though. Not every wooter uses Twitter, which makes it impossible for us to have a chance at it.

Well, you aren't gonna see this what with slamming the door behind you, but no, you don't need to have a Twitter account or app to read any Twitter feed at all.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Change that, 1 last comment. So, it was under the treadmills wootplus on sellout, the purses wootplus on accessories & watches, and twitter/facebook? I guess having it in 4 places made it theoretically accessible, again looked in the wrong places (and I don't twit/facebook, I just stuck to the old fashioned "find it on woot" method). Good night.

bluejester

quality posts: 561 Private Messages bluejester
whatsamattaU wrote:Change that, 1 last comment. So, it was under the treadmills wootplus on sellout, the purses wootplus on accessories & watches, and twitter/facebook? I guess having it in 4 places made it theoretically accessible, again looked in the wrong places (and I don't twit/facebook, I just stuck to the old fashioned "find it on woot" method). Good night.

Ya, I'm kinda old school in this way too. I miss it being up on the main page. A treasure hunt for the bag would be nice on talk like a pirate day, or Easter. On Christmas though, I want to be a able find my presents right under the tree, not hidden in pile of raked leaves or sitting in nest among a bunch of "tweeting" birds. If Santa hid my presents, I'd think he was hanging around the Easter bunny a tad too much.

erraticbullet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages erraticbullet

It baffles me how bent out of shape people can get whenever there's Brigadier of Carolling . The Crapbeard debacle was one thing, but being mad just because the link was on FB and twitter? Hiding the links isn't exactly new, they just did it for Crapmas, and they've done it other years as well.

Anyways, I'm very fortunate to have gotten one tonight, and my last Brigadier of Carolling was very generous. Thanks woot!

novidude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages novidude

ROGETRAY…Heres a real complaint…Why do the people who ordered on Sellout already have tracking numbers, but people who ordered crap from Facebook don't. Just joking have a good Christmas!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

novidude wrote:ROGETRAY…Heres a real complaint…Why do the people who ordered on Sellout already have tracking numbers, but people who ordered crap from Facebook don't. Just joking have a good Christmas!

drewcroa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drewcroa

Snuck in off facebook after reading the post earlier this week. Haven't gotten one in awhile.

stanhouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanhouse
novidude wrote:ROGETRAY…Heres a real complaint…Why do the people who ordered on Sellout already have tracking numbers, but people who ordered crap from Facebook don't. Just joking have a good Christmas!

because they ordered yesterday

pound30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pound30

Its been a long time since I got a Brigadier of Carolling Used to always check on Christmas / April Fools / Woot's Birthday, etc. It was fun and more than likely you couldn't get one. Nothing has changed really at all. And honestly every Brigadier of Carolling was just that. Crap. I guess its cool to buy one in hopes you're the one person who gets something cool but it never happened for me and I am fine with that. I wouldn't complain about it. You're basically throwing money away. Just remember the days when you had to add '3' to your cart adding another layer of delays of checking out. I need to look online to see what people have received in their Brigadier of Carolling #39;s lately but I am willing to bet it hasn't changed much. Merry Christmas woot and community!

whatsamattaU

bluejester wrote:Ya, I'm kinda old school in this way too. I miss it being up on the main page. A treasure hunt for the bag would be nice on talk like a pirate day, or Easter. On Christmas though, I want to be a able find my presents right under the tree, not hidden in pile of raked leaves or sitting in nest among a bunch of "tweeting" birds. If Santa hid my presents, I'd think he was hanging around the Easter bunny a tad too much.

Okay, thought I'd be in bed by now, but now that I see your response, (1) Yeah, it'd be nice to see it under the tree, so to speak, but I'm NOT complaining. Just not fast enough to find the other places (I looked under woot community, Deals, again looked in the wrong places). Despite woot being far from perfect, they've been good to me, even the one time I got a DOA item (battery dead in a refurb phone, helped me out).
(2) If you're still around, it's good to see you even though I'm not around in the neighborhood as much as I would like to (saw sdc100 comment earlier this month, too). However, just for old-times' sake:

Happy new year, too.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

whatsamattaU wrote:Okay, thought I'd be in bed by now, but now that I see your response, (1) Yeah, it'd be nice to see it under the tree, so to speak, but I'm NOT complaining. Just not fast enough to find the other places (I looked under woot community, Deals, again looked in the wrong places). Despite woot being far from perfect, they've been good to me, even the one time I got a DOA item (battery dead in a refurb phone, helped me out).
(2) If you're still around, it's good to see you even though I'm not around in the neighborhood as much as I would like to (saw sdc100 comment earlier this month, too). However, just for old-times' sake:

Happy new year, too.

GREAT.
Now you're gonna give us nightmares for Christmas Eve?!?!

AGHHHHHHHH. Her face haunts my the back of my eye sockets...

//runs away emotionally

bluejester

quality posts: 561 Private Messages bluejester
whatsamattaU wrote:Okay, thought I'd be in bed by now, but now that I see your response, (1) Yeah, it'd be nice to see it under the tree, so to speak, but I'm NOT complaining. Just not fast enough to find the other places (I looked under woot community, Deals, again looked in the wrong places). Despite woot being far from perfect, they've been good to me, even the one time I got a DOA item (battery dead in a refurb phone, helped me out).

Happy new year, too.

And here I thought waiting for Christmas morning was going to keep me up all night.

shudders in fear

Geez...it really is like old times.

Merry Christmas to you too. ;)

whatsamattaU

ROGETRAY wrote:GREAT.
Now you're gonna give us nightmares for Christmas Eve?!?!

AGHHHHHHHH. Her face haunts my the back of my eye sockets...

//runs away emotionally

Sorry, I thought only HE had those memories. I can take it out of the message if you wish--I thought you'd be getting nightmares from all the complaining, not Mandy. There are plenty of things that scare me in this life, but for whatever reason, I find Mandy funny. I'll pray for forgiveness in the morning, being Christmas and all, otherwise. I'll take one more peek before I close the computer. Take care.

addendum: okay, when I think about it, I guess Mandy does have more of a scary influence than I thought, when I think back. Sorry, Rogetray, you can take the image out of my message before I traumatize more people.

Anyway, to lighten things, I don't have these batteries, but I've bought batteries twice from woot before (Panasonic and Duracell lithium). Haven't tried the lithium, but the Panasonic ones have been fine so far.

2nd, a story about scare faces. One Halloween supposedly, Ronald Reagan is on Air Force One, and a reporter comes up to him in a scary Halloween mask and gives RR a good scare. Paraphrased, he said "Wow! That was scary. For a minute, I thought you were Sam Donaldson!"

Finally, I think one of the best renditions of a Christmas carol by a singer for whom English is a second language:

Peace.

stevef2222

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevef2222
BigRedDogATL wrote:In years past there would be a Bag of Carp on Christmas. This is proof that Woot is no longer the Woot we grew to know and love. To bad the good times had to end.

big business amazon bought woot...and big business only cares about money

billkaris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billkaris

I bought these a few weeks ago...good deal, but they arrive loose, in a small box, and were tousled. Had to find a container for them.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

A little late for this... now that all of Sana's battery-less goodness is lying opened under the tree !!!

Accelerator

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Accelerator
ROGETRAY wrote:We had it on another site...

I don't DO Facebook or Twitter. I DO check Woot! everyday for the past 7+ years! I will not be coerced into Facebook!
I am completely disgusted and this just SUCKS!
BTW- I've never won a Bag of Coal in all my years as a loyal customer of Woot!
Merry Christmas

schep999

quality posts: 8 Private Messages schep999
stevieboy628p wrote:Woot, you have failed us once again. I hope Matt and his team at their new site are ready for all the old wooters to swarm in.

Got a Hyperlink?

acraigl

quality posts: 41 Private Messages acraigl

I'm not really a Facebook user either, but I enjoy the hunt enough to check all the possibilities during events like this -- and scored one!

I MUCH prefer this over the clever-but-complicated games (treasure maps, etc.). I'm simply not as fast at these things as others, so I feel like this "right place, right time" opportunity is more equitable, or at least appears to be so.

philgonet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages philgonet

Perhaps everyone that wants to b!tc# about how unfair woot! is, facebook links, twitter accounts, not getting a Brigadier of Carolling etc. could take their complaints to the correct site and post on the woot! WHINE site instead.

For everyone else,
Merry Christmas to all!

And to the woot staffers
Thanks for all you do and for
helping out when there is a
problem...
You 'guys' rock (you too TT)!

xrobroy5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xrobroy5

no...you blew it.

theco2

quality posts: 57 Private Messages theco2

Holy crap! People will complain if they're hung with a new rope.

Who really cares if they post a Brigadier of Carolling on Woot or Facebook or Twitter or even somewhere else. 99.9998% of you wouldn't have had a chance at it, anyway. I love that Woot changes it up, making it harder to find them and giving more people a (slim) fighting chance.

Lighten up, a little! I always thought Xmas was suppose to be about being happy, not grumpy little divas. Maybe you need a Snickers bar, not a Brigadier of Carolling .

bobbyb0322

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bobbyb0322

I'm afraid Woot is officially dead and bags of crap are gone forever. It was bound to happen when they were absorbed by Amazon. Sad, this place used to be great.

stryper2000

quality posts: 27 Private Messages stryper2000

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Congrats on those who got some Crap

and to those raising a stink, don't fret there will be more in the future I'm sure

its not the end of the world , I mean it's just crap, right??

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x38

toottoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toottoot

I checked last night at 1:00 EST. Saw batteries. Looked thru the other woot sites. Nothing interesting.
This morning, I read about the FB and Twtter feeds. Booooo...I dont do FB and TW.

To Woot Staff: Merry Xmas and Happy Holiday.
To the Woot personnel that came up with the wonderful idea of using FB and TW: I have some brownies from puppy excrements and some lemonade for you.

hot480277

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hot480277

No Twitter or Facebook account here.

Way to leave out those of us who don't self aggrandize 140 characters at a time.

Or look at handbags...dang.

Accelerator

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Accelerator
theco2 wrote:Holy crap! People will complain if they're hung with a new rope.

Who really cares if they post a Brigadier of Carolling on Woot or Facebook or Twitter or even somewhere else. 99.9998% of you wouldn't have had a chance at it, anyway. I love that Woot changes it up, making it harder to find them and giving more people a (slim) fighting chance.

Lighten up, a little! I always thought Xmas was suppose to be about being happy, not grumpy little divas. Maybe you need a Snickers bar, not a Brigadier of Carolling .

You know, you're right. It's Christmas and I am so thankful for everyone who brings goodness to life.
I gave up on Brigadier of Carolling a long time ago and really enjoy seeing and hearing about others Brigadier of Carolling acquisitions.
Woot! has been a disappointment to me because I remember the days of old and don't want it to change. But, change is inevitable and capitalism is good. I'll just look at the Christmas battery offering as a sign of progress. I'm sure Woot (Amazon) has made a great deal on the acquisition of a billion batteries and vacuum cleaners hauled straight off the boat and they really need to off load these to their loyal impulse buy customers.
Again, Merry Christmas to all!

mrdigby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdigby

Thanks! Finally something USEFUL besides the regular Chinese junk.

Salvo2002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Salvo2002
mrdigby wrote:Thanks! Finally something USEFUL besides the regular Chinese junk.

Agreed. I just ran out of batteries so this is perfect. I'm in for a set of AA and AAA. Good deal.

scottydl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scottydl

Good deal unless you have a Dollar Tree (or probably other "dollar store") in your area. 4-packs of alkalines are commonly $1, i.e. 25 cents each before tax. Same overall price here (actually a little less at Dollar Tree), and you don't have to spend $20-50 at a time for that price.

P.S. Merry Christmas! Happy Birthday Jesus! ;)

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril

There is an *incredible* amount of whining in this comment thread. I'm amazed.

iamme74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamme74

Just a comment on the actual product. Really not great batteries. Bought a set of the AAA's because I always forget to buy them and end up running out without warning. My bluetooth keyboard drained two of these in about three hours of use. Duracells lasted about six months. When I pried them out with the plastic battery cover, they warped under the pressure. Despite the Sony name, these are not name brand quality. They might be OK for remotes, but otherwise you are better off buying Energizer or Duracell.

mrdigby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdigby
brucedoesbms wrote:Facebook sucks

Only Pukes use Facebook.
Ergo, if you use Facebook, you are a Puke.
I am not a Puke, and, in addition, I don't use Facebook.

davearnold731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davearnold731

Could all of you people stop belly aching and just comment on these batteries? Are they worth buying? Thoughts?

David D Arnold

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

how many sites are we supposed to check to buy something from your company?

I always did like yardsales.

whatsamattaU

luke975 wrote:how many sites are we supposed to check to buy something from your company?

It's the traditional Bag, it's SUPPOSED to be hard to get, the only debate is whether you make it (1) a typing and clicking contest like the old days, jamming up the servers (2) a puzzle contest, or (3) a treasure hunt to look for it. This time around, it was mainly (3). Besides, they offered the more expensive Backpack a few versions, and that one was available for over a half-hour.

whatsamattaU

davearnold731 wrote:Could all of you people stop belly aching and just comment on these batteries? Are they worth buying? Thoughts?

The previous sales have comments:

lichme wrote:[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Sony STAMINA PLUS Batteries - 5 Sizes
Price: $9.99 - 14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Dec 30 to Thursday, Jan 02) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/5/2013 - $9.99-14.99 - 89 comment(s)
10/21/2013 - $9.99-14.99 - 62 comment(s)

Not everyone is thrilled about buying batteries from woot, but the Sony ones seems to be drawing less criticism OVERALL (not everyone's liked the Sony brand either), but two comments from last woot:

leoharper wrote:[quote postid="5631288" user="kcchiefsguru"]But are these any good?

Bought these SONY's on Woot in the past. With little ones, etc. in our non-stop madhouse of a home...we seem to go through endless batteries!! Have been very happy with the performance Vs price ...will buy again.

pauldownsouth wrote:Here's an updated chart for woot offered batteries. These Sonys are almost the equivalent of Duracell Quantums for a fraction of the cost.

Larger image: http://tinypic.com/r/2guws9v/5

and the comment from the U.S. Sony distributor:

psd10 wrote:Good question & thanks for the inquiry! I represent the primary U.S. Distributor of Sony batteries & can confirm that the STAMINA PLUS Alkaline 9V batteries are designed to and will perform well & last long in any/all smoke detectors that take 9V. (And the STAMINA PLUS AA & AAA work very well in those smoke detectors that run on AA or AAA). Thx!

I hope this helps. You can look up the other comments from the previous 2 woots. Personally, I bought the Pansaonic ones and so far, okay.

whatsamattaU

Tegeril wrote:There is an *incredible* amount of whining in this comment thread. I'm amazed.

I'm not amazed. This is Woot, after all.

smegheid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smegheid
johnroxx wrote:Seriously, Mr. Woot...batteries is what we get for Christmas? Fail...

Just be glad you have the option of getting batteries.

As usual, no woot for us in Hawai'i or Alaska.

tomonline976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomonline976

It baffles you? Why should it? You got one for checking the facebook page. It sad that woot wont put Bags of Christmas on their main page and have all that check it have a chance. I don't even bother anymore. I used to buy more but because of past experiences with off site bags, I don't bother. In my case I used to stay up till one in the morning here on the east coast checking woot at 1am here. No more, not needed since the bags have worn out their welcome.

erraticbullet wrote:It baffles me how bent out of shape people can get whenever there's Brigadier of Carolling . The Crapbeard debacle was one thing, but being mad just because the link was on FB and twitter? Hiding the links isn't exactly new, they just did it for Crapmas, and they've done it other years as well.

Anyways, I'm very fortunate to have gotten one tonight, and my last Brigadier of Carolling was very generous. Thanks woot!