lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

1000TC Sheet Set - 4 Colors - 3 Sizes
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

1000TC Sheet Set - 4 Colors - 3 Sizes
Price: $79.99 - 99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Dec 30 to Tuesday, Dec 31) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

robin138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robin138

the important number for high thread count sheets is the ply count...a single ply 400 thread count sheet is much smoother than a 2 ply 40 thread count sheet.....anyone know how many ply this 1000 thread count sheet is....

nematheydary

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nematheydary

What makes good sheets (it's not necessarily the thread count): Truth about Thread Count (TC)

Also, the best linens are made in Italy.

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

What exactly is Thread Count? - See here to find out

Check Here if you need some matching pillow cases

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

I'm hallucinating.

That sheet on the far left looks like a Bag of Coal.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

shackrock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shackrock

Woot - need to know who makes this and where we can find reviews. Online deals on sheets are notoriously terrible sheets.

bedding1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bedding1

Hi All,

I am with the manufacturer and will be available to answer any questions you may have.

These sheets are high quality sheets that are sold in major department stores. They are sold for much less on this site. As such, we are unable to provide the manufacturer as it could impact our other business.

I am certain that the Wooters out there will be able to find the retailers that have these sheets.

bedding1

robin138 wrote:the important number for high thread count sheets is the ply count...a single ply 400 thread count sheet is much smoother than a 2 ply 40 thread count sheet.....anyone know how many ply this 1000 thread count sheet is....

These are single ply sheets, manufactured with 100 and 140 yarns.

bedding1

nematheydary wrote:What makes good sheets (it's not necessarily the thread count): Truth about Thread Count (TC)

Also, the best linens are made in Italy.

That is a very helpful guide. Please note that this is a single-ply sheet and it is manufactured using size 100 and 140 yarns (on the warp and weft)and 100% long staple cotton.

This results in a 1000 thread count sheet that is exceptionally soft with a terrific drape. As outlined in the guide, some high thread count sheets can be very thick and boardy, these are the opposite and much more comfortable!

jayrandom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayrandom
bedding1 wrote:That is a very helpful guide. Please note that this is a single-ply sheet and it is manufactured using size 100 and 140 yarns (on the warp and weft)and 100% long staple cotton.

This results in a 1000 thread count sheet that is exceptionally soft with a terrific drape. As outlined in the guide, some high thread count sheets can be very thick and boardy, these are the opposite and much more comfortable!

That is an interesting guide. You've mentioned that they're single ply. At 1000 thread count it's unlikely that they're single pick. Do you have a number for that?

bedding1

jayrandom wrote:That is an interesting guide. You've mentioned that they're single ply. At 1000 thread count it's unlikely that they're single pick. Do you have a number for that?

The sheets are manufactured using 10 picks. Typically 12 picks are used in Thread counts this high.

eskwadrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eskwadrat

Thread count becomes main selling pitch tool like Megapixels in digital cameras.
But like with cameras, the quality not always come with high TC number.

Steve

bedding1

eskwadrat wrote:Thread count becomes main selling pitch tool like Megapixels in digital cameras.
But like with cameras, the quality not always come with high TC number.

You are exactly right. It is the easiest way to distinguish sheets, but not always accurate of the final product.

These sheets have many other attributes that together make a quality, high end product.

These sheets are:

1. Manufactured with 100% long staple cotton
2. Woven with fine, high quality yarns
3. Manufactured in the quality standards of high end department stores and other specialty retailers.
4. Fully elasticized fitted sheet and oversized flat sheet

illacrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illacrow

Are the sheets wrinkle resistant or wrinkle free? It's not good to pull sheets out of the dryer all wrinkled.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Just a heads up. When sheets says "fits mattresses up to 18" deep", this does not mean that the pocket is 18" deep. It is far more frequently less than that and they expect you to cram your taller mattress in there and have zero fabric actually over the corner to keep it on.

I just went through this 3 weeks ago. Bought and returned 5 or maybe 6 different sets of sheets claiming they fit "18"" mattresses, as that's exactly what my mattress measures with a tape measure. None of them even close and some had pockets as small as 12". I had to order one online that claimed to fit up to 22" thick mattress before I found a winner. Just fair warning for those with super thick pillow tops...

bedding1

firebirdude wrote:Just a heads up. When sheets says "fits mattresses up to 18" deep", this does not mean that the pocket is 18" deep. It is far more frequently less than that and they expect you to cram your taller mattress in there and have zero fabric actually over the corner to keep it on.

I just went through this 3 weeks ago. Bought and returned 5 or maybe 6 different sets of sheets claiming they fit "18"" mattresses, as that's exactly what my mattress measures with a tape measure. None of them even close and some had pockets as small as 12". I had to order one online that claimed to fit up to 22" thick mattress before I found a winner. Just fair warning for those with super thick pillow tops...

The pockets on these sheets are 16" and they will fit a mattress up to 18" deep. This is standard on sheets as there is some extra size for the top of the mattress which allows the fitted sheet to fit mattresses that are deeper than the pocket of the fitted sheet. The sheets are tested to fit an 18" mattress.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

shackrock wrote:Woot - need to know who makes this and where we can find reviews. Online deals on sheets are notoriously terrible sheets.

We often can't give out the manufacturer's name because their other retail channels get mad at them over the prices. Our buyers work to get you the best price possible. Sorry, but no name.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher

For those that sleep hot, this is probably either not the sheets for you - or just use them as a winter set. All that tight weaving does not allow them to breath (and they are heavy too if that bugs you)

I typically cannot go more than a 400 ct in the summer and have a 600 & 1000 ct for the winter.

redhousecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redhousecat

Sateen.
Sigh.....

bedding1

lurcher wrote:For those that sleep hot, this is probably either not the sheets for you - or just use them as a winter set. All that tight weaving does not allow them to breath (and they are heavy too if that bugs you)

I typically cannot go more than a 400 ct in the summer and have a 600 & 1000 ct for the winter.

While that is true of most high thread count sheets, these sheets are manufactured using ultra-fine, high quality yarns.

This results in a comfortable and light sheet that can be used all year.

Sandcrab42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sandcrab42
redhousecat wrote:Sateen.
Sigh.....

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Sateen sheets.

SynergyNT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SynergyNT
lurcher wrote:For those that sleep hot, this is probably either not the sheets for you - or just use them as a winter set. All that tight weaving does not allow them to breath (and they are heavy too if that bugs you)

I figured I would be the same way, but I bought some Palais Royale sheets that are 645tc I believe and they're not too hot. Obviously YMMV.

bgrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgrick
illacrow wrote:Are the sheets wrinkle resistant or wrinkle free? It's not good to pull sheets out of the dryer all wrinkled.

I'm sure these sheets have been tested. This is very important to me also. How resistant are these sheets to wrinkling?

SynergyNT

bedding1 wrote:...These sheets are:

1. Manufactured with 100% long staple cotton
2. Woven with fine, high quality yarns
3. Manufactured in the quality standards of high end department stores and other specialty retailers.
4. Fully elasticized fitted sheet and oversized flat sheet

Are they Egyptian, pima or other type of cotton?

phildozer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phildozer
bedding1 wrote:

With all due respect, high-end department stores and specialty retailers also sell cosmetics that promise youth in a bottle so please forgive the skepticism.

One of the quickest ways to have people dismiss a product is to tout where else they're sold.

nhorvath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhorvath

bedding1, do you have any information on if the sheets are mercerized cotton or not?

bedding1

SynergyNT wrote:Are they Egyptian, pima or other type of cotton?

100% Long staple cotton

bedding1

phildozer wrote:With all due respect, high-end department stores and specialty retailers also sell cosmetics that promise youth in a bottle so please forgive the skepticism.

One of the quickest ways to have people dismiss a product is to tout where else they're sold.

I was speaking more to the testing standards that the product goes through.

pkrzycki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkrzycki

So the sets, do they come with pillow cases as well as the top sheet and bed sheet?

bedding1

nhorvath wrote:bedding1, do you have any information on if the sheets are mercerized cotton or not?

These are not manufactured with mercerized cotton.

bedding1

pkrzycki wrote:So the sets, do they come with pillow cases as well as the top sheet and bed sheet?

Each set is 4 Pieces, Flat Sheet, Fitted Sheet and 2 pillowcases.

The Queen sets have standard size pillowcases and the King/CalKing have King size pillowcases.

SynergyNT

bedding1 wrote:100% Long staple cotton

This doesn't actually answer my question. Both Egyptian and pima are long-staple cottons, but restating that these sheets are long-staple doesn't mean they are Egyptian or pima.

boscoman1028

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boscoman1028
pkrzycki wrote:So the sets, do they come with pillow cases as well as the top sheet and bed sheet?

Check this out...http://www.amazon.com/Egyptian-Bedding-1000-Thread-Count-Cotton-Chocolate/dp/B001FGPRCE

bedding1

SynergyNT wrote:This doesn't actually answer my question. Both Egyptian and pima are long-staple cottons, but restating that these sheets are long-staple doesn't mean they are Egyptian or pima.

They are not either Egyptian or Pima, but they are long-staple cotton.

danlane1753

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlane1753

wamsetta at bed bath & beyond looks pretty close

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/102704-wamsutta-1000-sateen-stripe-california-king-sheet-set.html

SynergyNT

boscoman1028 wrote:Check this out...http://www.amazon.com/Egyptian-Bedding-1000-Thread-Count-Cotton-Chocolate/dp/B001FGPRCE

These look to be Egyptian and the ones advertised here are another form of long-staple cotton.

gkox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkox

country of manufacture?

bedding1

gkox wrote:country of manufacture?

China