billhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billhill

Sateen is a deal breaker.

cheggelund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheggelund
billhill wrote:Sateen is a deal breaker.

I understand that Sateen refers to the weave structure. However, how does that impact the sheet? What is bad about it? (just being curious, as a potential buyer)

bedding1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bedding1
cheggelund wrote:I understand that Sateen refers to the weave structure. However, how does that impact the sheet? What is bad about it? (just being curious, as a potential buyer)

Nothing bad about it, really a matter of personal preference. Two common weaves are Sateen and Percale. The majority of sheets are sateen weaves, but in my experience, customers that like percale weaves, REALLY like percale weaves.

We manufacture both types of items, but these are a Sateen weave.

cooperph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cooperph

In for a penny, in for $245. I got three queen sets. Fingers crossed they work out. Internet, don't let me down! (again, I got some truly awful sheets from Tanga recently)

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn
danlane1753 wrote:wamsetta at bed bath & beyond looks pretty close

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/102704-wamsutta-1000-sateen-stripe-california-king-sheet-set.html

These Wamsuttas look even more similar. "1000 thread count long-staple"

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Wamsutta-reg-Dream-Zone-trade-1000-Sateen-Sheet-Set/210392?categoryId=12019

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn

This actually looks like a pretty good deal on some great sheets. I just really wish darker colors were avaialble. We have a black-haired dog and while I understand and accept that it's entirely in my head and that the hair is still there, it is a little easier to sleep when the sheets don't look like they're covered in dog hair.

So what say you, Bedding1? Any chance you can work with Woot! and throw on some dark brown, dark blue, dark green, or black sheets as options?

bedding1

dannnnnn wrote:This actually looks like a pretty good deal on some great sheets. I just really wish darker colors were avaialble. We have a black-haired dog and while I understand and accept that it's entirely in my head and that the hair is still there, it is a little easier to sleep when the sheets don't look like they're covered in dog hair.

So what say you, Bedding1? Any chance you can work with Woot! and throw on some dark brown, dark blue, dark green, or black sheets as options?

We have a dog that we can't get off our bed... so I feel your pain!

No darker colors this time around, but I will see what we can do moving forward.

bedding1

Also, there are extra pillowcases available at the link below.

http://www.woot.com/plus/1000-threadcount-pillowcases

xander0528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xander0528

Are these sheets singed? You mentioned that they aren't mercerized, but I'm wondering if they are singed.

bedding1

xander0528 wrote:Are these sheets singed? You mentioned that they aren't mercerized, but I'm wondering if they are singed.

Yes, they are singed in the finishing process.

DecadeSol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DecadeSol
bedding1 wrote:Yes, they are singed in the finishing process.

Just want to say great job to bedding1 on answering questions today.

bedding1

DecadeSol wrote:Just want to say great job to bedding1 on answering questions today.

Thanks! I hope that it has been helpful.

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone
danlane1753 wrote:wamsetta at bed bath & beyond looks pretty close

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/102704-wamsutta-1000-sateen-stripe-california-king-sheet-set.html

If these are Wamsutta, the Woot price is pretty good. I bought a discounted set at B,B & Beyond, with a lower threadcount, at about the same price. Sheets were very comfortable but the durability left a little to be desired. I think I got a bit under two years before threadbare patches appeared. In for one here and hopefully they'll last.

adilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adilla

I wanted to say that although I did not make a purchase this time around, I appreciated the comments from the (ostensibly legitimate) manufacturer's rep here.

ibhunting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibhunting

I too appreciated the comments from the company rep.
If I wasn't off work right now,(Thanks Obama!), I'd buy a set.
hopefully you'll have it again in the future.

daedalusgroup

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusgroup

I've been trying to decide what type of new sheets to buy for months. Time to take the plunge. In for 2.

solarjetman55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solarjetman55
cheggelund wrote:I understand that Sateen refers to the weave structure. However, how does that impact the sheet? What is bad about it? (just being curious, as a potential buyer)

From what I understand, percale sheets generally feel crisp and cool while having a matte look to them. Sateen sheets generally are smooth and silk-like while having a shiny look to them. Those are the two most common weaves.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Where (and why) TF does one buy a 22" thick mattress?? There's only so much crap you can put under your body and have it actually matter.

I would never help you move. Or at least - not help you move your ridiculously thick mattress.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

cummaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cummaster
cooperph wrote:In for a penny, in for $245. I got three queen sets. Fingers crossed they work out. Internet, don't let me down! (again, I got some truly awful sheets from Tanga recently)

i got straight boned by woot last time around, the supposed high tc sheets were see through and so thin they felt thread bare. never again.

blkseaton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkseaton

Long staple cotton is a description of Egyption, Pima or Sea Island cotton, what type of long staple cotton is this?

blkseaton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkseaton

Are these American Upland Long Staple?

bedding1

blkseaton wrote:Are these American Upland Long Staple?

I believe that would be Pima cotton.

bedding1

blkseaton wrote:Long staple cotton is a description of Egyption, Pima or Sea Island cotton, what type of long staple cotton is this?

Those are all types of long staple cotton, but quality cotton can also be simply long staple cotton, which these sheets are manufactured from.

I hope this helps.

theabnormal1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theabnormal1

There still hasn't been word on whether these are wrinkle free/resistant, which makes me just slightly nervous since I decided to risk the purchase :/

bedding1

theabnormal1 wrote:There still hasn't been word on whether these are wrinkle free/resistant, which makes me just slightly nervous since I decided to risk the purchase :/

Sorry, I must have missed it. They do not have a wrinkle free treatment, but due to the fine yarns they are tested to be wrinkle resistant.

theabnormal1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theabnormal1
bedding1 wrote:Sorry, I must have missed it. They do not have a wrinkle free treatment, but due to the fine yarns they are tested to be wrinkle resistant.

Thanks! I was hoping it was just an accidental overlook rather than intentional :P

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647

I have been sleeping for about 17 years. (I'm 51 - do the math.) I had never known that there was such a sheet culture. The PC/Mac debates don't get as much attention.

tracyswingkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tracyswingkid

I bought a set of grey ones. They arrived here so quickly! How on earth does Woot do that? I ordered them on Friday, December 27th, and they were at my door on Monday the 30th.

The brand name that is on the package is Medici. After being unable to locate anyone selling this brand I looked at the tag on the sheets themselves; China Crown Trading Company . There they are. So far I have washed them, but not put them on my bed. Hopefully I can update my post later to tell you how they are in action. My initial thoughts are; they seem heavy and thus durable, the color is attractive and I am satisfied with my choice, they wrinkled like an old man even though I promptly removed them from the dryer. There was not a lot of lint in the dryer, but there were a number of pieces of thread. Hopefully nothing critical. More later.

Update on 1/6/14. I have had these on my bed for four days now. The first night was an adjustment for me because they are physically heavier than my other sheets. I kept waking up because of the weight on my legs. After that, I was fine. The sheets are soft and seem well made. The loose threads that were on the sheets and in the dryer appear to be from the manufacturing process rather than the sheets themselves because nothing is unraveling. The fitted sheet is plenty deep for my mattress and the all-around elastic keeps it nice and snug. The flat sheet has a generous amount of material and can be tucked in securely on all sides. I bought some Better Homes and Garden sheets at a sale over the holidays and the length is so short that I can barely get it tucked under the end of the bed. They looked disco ball shiny in the picture, but are actually not nearly that bad in person and are quite pretty. No problem with these. I am very happy with my sheets and will get another color if they come back.

danielsmtihsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielsmtihsd

Received Dec 31, super fast.

I have an issue though. I washed them immediately and every single sheet/pillow case came out of the dryer with dark brown spots all over it. I'm unsure what the issue is, my washer and dryer are both fairly new and I've never had this issue with any other wash I've done.

Should I try washing again?

JackS92628

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JackS92628

Followed the instructions on the label from China Crown Textile Co.,Ltd.
Machine washed in cold water and low dry. The queen fitted sheet has a
*very* tight fit and therefore, no wrinkles. Flat & pillow cases fit ok.

Thanks to tracyswingkid for the manufacturer's URL. If we had this info
on the 27th we wouldn't have had to Q&A the one who has never wooted.

Cluigi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cluigi
bedding1 wrote:Hi All,

I am with the manufacturer and will be available to answer any questions you may have.

These sheets are high quality sheets that are sold in major department stores. They are sold for much less on this site. As such, we are unable to provide the manufacturer as it could impact our other business.

I am certain that the Wooters out there will be able to find the retailers that have these sheets.

I am absolutely in love with these sheets! Is there any way I can get more?

cdettner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdettner

I jumped into this chain of comments super late but wanted to say that I went ahead and bought the white set in queen sz. I am very pleased with them and would definitely purchase another set. They have been through wash/dry several times by now, no raveling or shrinking. I absolutely loathe micro fiber sheets (don't breath, feel plasticky etc) and was afraid these might be like that. I have been disappointed several times over the last decade as the general level of quality in all household textiles has tumbled. These are nice and heavy, remind me of the "hand" or feel of the fabrics in my grandmother's sheets as a kid. Hope this helps for anyone contemplating them in a next woot round.