tdemeza


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdemeza

I ordered a pair of these. I have an order number and my card was charged. However they do not show in my orders on the website. I opened two tickets in the past week and all I can say is that I am seriously frustrated with the complete lack of response. For my almost $2k I get an email that I should hear something in a week. Well. Its been a week. Guess how happy I am now. Woot has lost a customer over this. And if I don't get my product I had better get a prompt refund. FYI. Prompt means fast, like 24 hours. Not when woot feels like taking care of a customer. By the way, get phone service. Its cheap now a days.

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

tdemeza wrote:I ordered a pair of these. I have an order number and my card was charged. However they do not show in my orders on the website. I opened two tickets in the past week and all I can say is that I am seriously frustrated with the complete lack of response. For my almost $2k I get an email that I should hear something in a week. Well. Its been a week. Guess how happy I am now. Woot has lost a customer over this. And if I don't get my product I had better get a prompt refund. FYI. Prompt means fast, like 24 hours. Not when woot feels like taking care of a customer. By the way, get phone service. Its cheap now a days.



I'm really sorry for your experience. I've forwarded your info along.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

xin668


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xin668
morbidcorpse wrote:Both of mine arrived damaged. I opened a case a week ago with woot and thus far, I've heard nothing back



Mine arrived with both boxes suffered some damages, too. The speakers themselves are fine, just the metal large grills got crushed and deformed outside of the grill supports. The metal seems to be fairly soft, and I was able to press the deformed areas out with my fingers. Not perfect, but works. Maybe it is not worth the trouble of sending the speakers back, because they sound so amazing! If I can get the grills replaced, that would be good.

morbidcorpse


quality posts: 1 Private Messages morbidcorpse
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

ok, I did receive a response to my complaint about my damaged speakers and the message asked me how I wished to proceed. So, I responded to that email stating what resolution I desired and when I sent my response, it assigned me ANOTHER complaint number AND, that was 4 days ago and I haven't recieced a reply to my reply. Why would woot ask me how I wish to proceed, then not acknowledge my answer? Im trying really hard to he patient, but ive had these damaged speakers now for 2 weeks and zero resolution. Please help resolve this, my patience is running very thin.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

morbidcorpse wrote:ok, I did receive a response to my complaint about my damaged speakers and the message asked me how I wished to proceed. So, I responded to that email stating what resolution I desired and when I sent my response, it assigned me ANOTHER complaint number AND, that was 4 days ago and I haven't recieced a reply to my reply. Why would woot ask me how I wish to proceed, then not acknowledge my answer? Im trying really hard to he patient, but ive had these damaged speakers now for 2 weeks and zero resolution. Please help resolve this, my patience is running very thin.




I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your email inquiry.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

morbidcorpse


quality posts: 1 Private Messages morbidcorpse
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your email inquiry.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

I greatly appreciate your assistance. I received a reply requesting I send photos of the damage. I responded to the email with attached photos of the damage and was assigned yet another (meaning 3rd) complaint number. Could you see to it my email is responded to so I can get this resoled, ASAP, please! I believe the window for resolution is closing rapidly. Thank you

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

morbidcorpse wrote:I greatly appreciate your assistance. I received a reply requesting I send photos of the damage. I responded to the email with attached photos of the damage and was assigned yet another (meaning 3rd) complaint number. Could you see to it my email is responded to so I can get this resoled, ASAP, please! I believe the window for resolution is closing rapidly. Thank you


I'll let them know but you initiated contact in the 21 day window so you're fine.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mcburns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcburns

I ordered these speakers Order Number: #4737xxxx but they do not appear in the "Stuff I bought" area nor has my credit card been charged. I received a notice from my credit card company telling me that due to the Target data breach they are sending me a new card and canceling my old one. This will happen tomorrow. I sent WOOT CS two messages concerning this. I have two CAS numbers. They are CAS-583056-S2Z3T6 and CAS-582830-DST1B6 I hope that this order will be filled because I bought a new amp to drive these speakers.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mcburns wrote:I ordered these speakers Order Number: #4737xxxx but they do not appear in the "Stuff I bought" area nor has my credit card been charged. I received a notice from my credit card company telling me that due to the Target data breach they are sending me a new card and canceling my old one. This will happen tomorrow. I sent WOOT CS two messages concerning this. I have two CAS numbers. They are CAS-583056-S2Z3T6 and CAS-582830-DST1B6 I hope that this order will be filled because I bought a new amp to drive these speakers.


I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

caminogreg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages caminogreg

Mine arrived with boxes a bit rough but speakers undamaged. Woofer grills were a bit flattened, but I will accept that as I was able to straighten them. I'm guessing Woot purchased remaining stock from one of the online retailers, such as Cruchfield. Funny UPS was told they are 50#, which worried me. But they were real OMD-28's, all 84# shipped each. My UPS driver was not very happy. Guessing Woot has an agreement with UPS for flat rate up to 50#. I think UPS limit is 70#, so lucky they took them. Hope others are as happy as I am. They sound good. Will compare to my Carver Amazing Platinum's after they are broken in, but initially they have better highs (they have tweeters after all), better/more integrated bass, and similar in he mid, although a bit less pronounced in the mid's and a bit more emphasized in the highs. They are still settling in, and I expect will even just a bit more (I have 6 pairs of OMD-5's and all did take a bit to break in and smooth out). Now if I can just find an OMD-C2. Plan is to replace the Carvers with these to please the wife (looks, not sound). We will see ...

ryanmh1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanmh1

morbidcorpse -- You're not the only one dealing with a rather unacceptable damage resolution time. ThunderThighs has already helped me out after I complained in another thread after waiting two weeks. Let's hope the responses continue and I don't go into another week long limbo.

My boxes arrived all beat up too. The UPS guy said they put him on his truck that way, and he was ashamed to have to deliver them. Very helpful though, even helped drag them into my house and open them up so we could inspect and he could make a damage notation. The boxes were so wrecked that we were shocked that the speakers weren't sitting in shards on the bottom of the box.

I've got the dented grilles too--creases, actually, that are impossible to get out, but then--get this--a serious crack in the lacquer on top of the speaker. I don't even want to know how bad it got bashed to do that.

Still, mine sound great, and I'm hoping Woot will just do a price adjust on them. Refund one speaker, and I'll just keep them both, or something. I'm afraid if they get mailed back, there won't be anything left of them. Seems a shame to take something still useable and sentence it to certain death.

morbidcorpse


quality posts: 1 Private Messages morbidcorpse
ThunderThighs wrote:I'll let them know but you initiated contact in the 21 day window so you're fine.

Sorry to continue to be a pest, but it has been 3 days since I emailed photos of the damage to both speakers, as woot requested, and I still have not heard back. Can you please expedite things....PLEASE!!!! I really need to get this resolved.

morbidcorpse


quality posts: 1 Private Messages morbidcorpse
ryanmh1 wrote:morbidcorpse -- You're not the only one dealing with a rather unacceptable damage resolution time. ThunderThighs has already helped me out after I complained in another thread after waiting two weeks. Let's hope the responses continue and I don't go into another week long limbo.

My boxes arrived all beat up too. The UPS guy said they put him on his truck that way, and he was ashamed to have to deliver them. Very helpful though, even helped drag them into my house and open them up so we could inspect and he could make a damage notation. The boxes were so wrecked that we were shocked that the speakers weren't sitting in shards on the bottom of the box.

I've got the dented grilles too--creases, actually, that are impossible to get out, but then--get this--a serious crack in the lacquer on top of the speaker. I don't even want to know how bad it got bashed to do that.

Still, mine sound great, and I'm hoping Woot will just do a price adjust on them. Refund one speaker, and I'll just keep them both, or something. I'm afraid if they get mailed back, there won't be anything left of them. Seems a shame to take something still useable and sentence it to certain death.

I have giant cracks on top of each speaker, both being around 4-6 inches in length. Talk about destroying future resale value if I ever wanted to part with them. Not to mention, wood cabinets expand and contract with the changing weather....so the cracks stand a chance of growing! :/

teutonicnite


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teutonicnite

Reading all of the above comments make me cringe. I count myself lucky for mine arrived in pristine condition despite the boxes being pretty beat up with several very large holes all over them. I had my GF note all the packaging damage with UPS when they arrived. I couldn't believe the speakers weren't damaged when I opened the boxes. I would hope Woot makes this right with all of you who received damaged speakers.
So far, they sound fantastic and keep getting better the more they break in.

sakiwebu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakiwebu

I took the chance and had these shipped to Curacao (caribbean) which cost me an extra $300 for shipping and import taxes. Sending them back in case of damage would have been no option. The boxes looked terrible when I picked them up (holes and rips) and I was fearing the worst. Boy was I relieved and happy to see no damage (just some screen bends)on the speakers. Beautiful looking speakers. Soundwise I was expecting a little more comparing them to my 25 years old klipch forte's but they are starting to sound better after a couple of days - placement is also important with these. All in all I'm a happy customer.

morbidcorpse


quality posts: 1 Private Messages morbidcorpse

Ok, it's been a week since I submitted photos to woot of my speaker damage, as requested and I have still not heard back. There is no reason why a resolution should take 3 or more weeks. I also see Woot currently has these same speakers on the site for sale until the 27th or until they sell out. This is problematic because if the only resolution offered is a new pair and there are no new pair to give becuase they sold out, I'm stuck with a damaged item. This is unacceptable. I've been very patient. If woot doesn't take action this week, I will have to take action through my credit card company. Please make this right.

ryanmh1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanmh1
morbidcorpse wrote:Ok, it's been a week since I submitted photos to woot of my speaker damage, as requested and I have still not heard back. There is no reason why a resolution should take 3 or more weeks. I also see Woot currently has these same speakers on the site for sale until the 27th or until they sell out. This is problematic because if the only resolution offered is a new pair and there are no new pair to give becuase they sold out, I'm stuck with a damaged item. This is unacceptable. I've been very patient. If woot doesn't take action this week, I will have to take action through my credit card company. Please make this right.



I love the speakers--they sound great. Woot did finally respond and offer to take them back, but said they could not send me more because they are not available. Nevermind that they have them for sale right now. They didn't want to adjust the price because they were "too damaged". Huh?

I am still trying to get them to agree to a price adjustment to compensate for the damage, or even agree to send another pair. I really don't want to a) not have speakers or b) box these up in the wrecked up boxes and waste more time attempting to send them back. I'm afraid that's what it will come down to, though, because getting responses from customer service is like pulling teeth. And I used to really like Woot.

morbidcorpse


quality posts: 1 Private Messages morbidcorpse
ryanmh1 wrote:I love the speakers--they sound great. Woot did finally respond and offer to take them back, but said they could not send me more because they are not available. Nevermind that they have them for sale right now. They didn't want to adjust the price because they were "too damaged". Huh?

I am still trying to get them to agree to a price adjustment to compensate for the damage, or even agree to send another pair. I really don't want to a) not have speakers or b) box these up in the wrecked up boxes and waste more time attempting to send them back. I'm afraid that's what it will come down to, though, because getting responses from customer service is like pulling teeth. And I used to really like Woot.

What did woot ultimately do to fix things for you? They wouldn't send me a new pair, but refunded me $240. I accepted the offer, but really, since BOTH speakers were damaged, I feel like I should have gotten at least half the cost of a single speaker, so $450. But since it had been a month of dealing with them, I just wanted to get it resolved and move on with my life. Hope they took care of you.

ercerc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ercerc

is $899 for one or one pair ?

manhandsha


quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

ercerc wrote:is $899 for one or one pair ?



These were single speakers; this sale is over, however.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.