WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: The year's almost over. Did you accomplish all your personal goals?
  • 6.7% - Sure did. I'm walking tall. 84
  • 29.3% - I managed a few. Not too shabby. 368
  • 13.4% - I got a small number of goals. But it wasn't all my fault! Things came up! 168
  • 13% - I managed no goals. Let's not talk about it. 163
  • 37.8% - Goals? Why would I have come up with goals last year? 475
1258 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

paradise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradise

As usual, I kept my New Year's resolution of 1974, which was to make no more New Year's resolutions. I may be smug but I'm also happier for making and keeping that resolution. I will continue to keep that resolution this New Year.

mamawoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mamawoot

Can walk - check
Can talk - check
Can feed myself - check

Yeah, I'm good.

groberts1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980

Historically I don't believe in new years resolutions. They're just some artificial rule you put on yourself that will most likely be broken before the end of January. Why do that to yourself?

Or if you want to improve, why not make an effort to improve all year? Why only at the new year? Why do gym memberships explode at the first of the year, then taper off by February?

gwal01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwal01

Setting goals is a lot like planning ahead. I have learned that rarely does anything go according to plan so I just don't plan. I let life happen to me. It is going to anyway.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

I don't make new year's resolutions. HOWEVER, some of those things that I thought I couldn't conquer throughout the year that kept me up crying late at night are all better now with the effort of my whole family! I consider that a better accomplishment than anything.

brumagem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brumagem

Got a job at the library, improved my singing and learned to bake awesome bread. Good year.

Next year: learn tai chi, get another job, make that RPG I've been thinking about, improve singing.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Hrrmmm... saw the doctor, met deadlines at my job, cleaned out the garage, fixed a bunch of stuff, had a doomed relationship. Hey, all in all, an active year.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Sure, with the exception of one...

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3332 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
brumagem wrote:Got a job at the library.

Good for you! Such a fun place to work!