zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Bissell Deep Clean Lift-Off Blue
Price: $139.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Dec 31 to Wednesday, Jan 01) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Check out some reviews from Walmart

thumperchick

quality posts: 247 Private Messages thumperchick

This machine kicks butt. So far it has pulled the following out of our carpet - some months and 2 previous cleanings later.

1. Coffee
2. Soda
3. Dog Vomit.
4. The Dread Dog Poop Kaleidoscope
5. General? That shows up on a beige carpet.

It's easy to use, heats up fast, and does work well on stairs and as a spot cleaner.

Cleans ups are a bit of a pain if you have pet hair, as it will permeate every possible unreachable crevice of the hoses and attachments. To clean the brush base, you will need a screw driver for 3 screws - it's still really simple.

Also, we paid over $200 for ours 2 years ago. This is a damn good price.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let Bissell help you out with this handy home stain removal guide and watch these handy videos to learn how to clean your machine

motsorilla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages motsorilla

The most comparable item over at the mothership seems to have several nice hose attachments including one for crevices. This one has a vague mention in the features section of this:
"3" tough stain tool is designed for cleaning stairs, upholstery and hard-to-reach areas"

The "in the box" section just says:
"this here doohickey we're trying to sell you"
(my paraphrase).

Is there any chance we can get a better list of attachments? I'd really love to pick one of these up, but scrubbing crevices with the end of a hose isn't my kind of party, and this being a referb it seems like included accessories might be a crap shoot.
(Any and all perceived double entendre is unintintional, incidental, and in your imagination, try to act like adults people)
;)

-Tom

thumperchick

motsorilla wrote:The most comparable item over at the mothership seems to have several nice hose attachments including one for crevices. This one has a vague mention in the features section of this:
"3" tough stain tool is designed for cleaning stairs, upholstery and hard-to-reach areas"

The "in the box" section just says:
"this here doohickey we're trying to sell you" (my paraphrase).

Is there any chance we can get a better list of attachments? I'd really love to pick one of these up, but scrubbing crevices with the end of a hose isn't my kind of party.
(Any and all perceived double entendre is unintintional, incidental, and in your imagination, try to act like adults people)
;)

-Tom

I looks just like this thing.

I would like to add that it does a pretty darn decent job, though I prefer the (not included here) Pet Attachment. Which is essentially the same tool, with rubber knobby things that dig at the carpet for extra gross getting.

motsorilla

thumperchick wrote:I looks just like this thing.

I would like to add that it does a pretty darn decent job, though I prefer the (not included here) Pet Attachment. Which is essentially the same tool, with rubber knobby things that dig at the carpet for extra gross getting.

So you're saying the referb version definitely does come with that one, but definitely does not come with anything else? Any staff that can confirm?

thumperchick

motsorilla wrote:So you're saying the referb version definitely does come with that one, but definitely does not come with anything else? Any staff that can confirm?

I'm saying that is the tool that matches the description on the sale page.

I can't confirm anything other than what's listed on the sales page - and no other attachments are listed as included.

motsorilla

thumperchick wrote:I'm saying that is the tool that matches the description on the sale page.

I can't confirm anything other than what's listed on the sales page - and no other attachments are listed as included.

I thought that might be the case, but thanks for your help anyway. Apparently the woot masters are too busy talking cranky wooters with slow orders off the ledge to have enough time to take my moneys. Maybe I'll get to click the button tomorrow if they don't sell out... and someone with access to info beyond google feels like chiming in.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee
thumperchick wrote:This machine kicks butt. So far it has pulled the following out of our carpet - some months and 2 previous cleanings later.

1. Coffee
2. Soda
3. Dog Vomit.
4. The Dread Dog Poop Kaleidoscope
5. General? That shows up on a beige carpet.

It's easy to use, heats up fast, and does work well on stairs and as a spot cleaner.

Cleans ups are a bit of a pain if you have pet hair, as it will permeate every possible unreachable crevice of the hoses and attachments. To clean the brush base, you will need a screw driver for 3 screws - it's still really simple.

Also, we paid over $200 for ours 2 years ago. This is a damn good price.

Hi @thumperchick. Wondering about cleaning the tanks.
I have a cat who has a very touchy gut as far as fur balls. I little hair and up it comes along with, well you get the idea.
So lots of cat barf. (Yes, have seen the vet about it. Kitty is ok. ) But I do all the spot cleaning on my hands and knees. : (
Would this work ? Obviously I would pick the "chunks" up. And how hard and how much time does it take to clean the tanks after use for such a small but potent spot ?

TL/DR : Is it worth taking out the machine for small jobs ?

PS how much does it weigh ?

selvadurai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages selvadurai
ceagee wrote:Hi @thumperchick. Wondering about cleaning the tanks.
I have a cat who has a very touchy gut as far as fur balls. I little hair and up it comes along with, well you get the idea.
So lots of cat barf. (Yes, have seen the vet about it. Kitty is ok. ) But I do all the spot cleaning on my hands and knees. : (
Would this work ? Obviously I would pick the "chunks" up. And how hard and how much time does it take to clean the tanks after use for such a small but potent spot ?

If there is no handpiece, how does it compare to this model:
http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-DeepClean-Premier-Cleaner-47A2/dp/B00AZBINXA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1388401038&sr=8-6&keywords=Bissell+Deep+Clean+Lift-Off

This has a 3 year warranty and a handpiece.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

motsorilla wrote:So you're saying the referb version definitely does come with that one, but definitely does not come with anything else? Any staff that can confirm?

The features mention:

3" tough stain tool is designed for cleaning stairs, upholstery and hard-to-reach areas

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Bought one of these at Walmart last year and it rocks. Some stats: 2 dogs, 2 cats, kids. We have a very tough to clean berber style rug and this machine does better than any other home machine has. For small, er, concentrated areas of stain (puke, poop, pee, mud) the handheld wand is great. Has its own sprayer and good suction. The whole motor and two tanks unit comes off the blue base/handle part very easily, so you can use the cleaner for places like the car. For that, its just awesome (think old, stinky chocolate milk spills). So, basically a year in and its doing great. For whole room cleaning, the tanks are a bit small and have to be filled/emptied fairly often, but that hasn't been a major drawback.

slightlyslapdash

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slightlyslapdash

Anyone know how this works with shag rugs or high pile carpeting?

I didn't see any 'restrictions' in the description, so I'm guessing it's okay. I guess I'm just looking for someone that's tried it with a higher pile.

(We'll be using it to shampoo high traffic areas, no stains)

=(|) woot monkeys rock. \m/(>.<)\m/

MBirchmeier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MBirchmeier

Anyone know how easy this machine is to clean?

I have an older model and like it because it's pretty easy to get all of the gunk out of it after using it. Is this one similar or do you have to leave a lot of the fuzzies behind when putting it away?

ultravioletone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultravioletone

I have a dog who likes to secretly pee on a carpet that has built in "pee camouflage", so every few months or so I rent a Rug Doctor and use the Nature's Miracle Carpet cleaner to catch any spots that may be hiding. Would this machine do the same thing for me? It would pay for itself after three uses.

ankur88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankur88

From the thumbnail pic, i thought Woot was selling a snail.

mwsealey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwsealey
ultravioletone wrote:I have a dog who likes to secretly pee on a carpet that has built in "pee camouflage", so every few months or so I rent a Rug Doctor and use the Nature's Miracle Carpet cleaner to catch any spots that may be hiding. Would this machine do the same thing for me? It would pay for itself after three uses.

Yes. These things - no matter what model or manufacturer - do as good a job if you clean regularly as a Rug Doctor would do "every few months."

The thing to remember is even a Rug Doctor requires you to vacuum the carpet first. Anything that won't dissolve or be caught in the water and soap won't get picked up - so you may get a ton of pee or poop or Dr. Pepper - be quick with that last one - off the carpet, but you'll end up with the deep clean machine clogged with hair, fluff and anything bigger than a grain of sand.

I currently own a Hoover SteamVac which is getting on 5 years old now and is dying monthly - the brushes quit spinning and it needs constant cleaning of itself. The entire thing is air-driven (no belts) so any blockage kills it, and the time it takes to get the thing ready to clean (filling tanks, soap, maneuvering it because it weighs a metric ton) the water isn't as hot as it might need to be.

Just because of that, I just bought this thing. Belt driven, easy to lug from the garage to the stain, and keeps the water hot! If it lasts as long as the Hoover did, it will have been worth it.

Also; don't skimp on the soap just because you would use it more regularly. Stick to Nature's Miracle or Resolve or the cleaner-brand pet solution. Don't think that for half the price a Walmart carpet soap will do anything more than half the job..

(I'm keeping the Hoover, since it does hard floors like tile and laminate, and does a terrific job as long as it's practically maintained)

--
Neko

mytongueisred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mytongueisred

I believe the similiar model is the Bissell 66E1 found here: pretty decent reviews; but a lot of suction issues...

http://www.bissell.com/deepclean-lift-off/

jasonstern1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonstern1

This is an awesome machine when new. Foes anybody know how a refurbished model does. And I can't find any info on why the machine was refurbished. Anyone have an idea, on this topic or experience? Thank you.

tooth18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tooth18

I noted a question regarding the 3" tool. No one has confirmed that the tool is in the box. Can anyone actually confirm that it is?

I would also like to know if the machines were all refurbished due to a specific problem

GMF

ultravioletone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultravioletone
mwsealey wrote:Yes. These things - no matter what model or manufacturer - do as good a job if you clean regularly as a Rug Doctor would do "every few months."

The thing to remember is even a Rug Doctor requires you to vacuum the carpet first. Anything that won't dissolve or be caught in the water and soap won't get picked up - so you may get a ton of pee or poop or Dr. Pepper - be quick with that last one - off the carpet, but you'll end up with the deep clean machine clogged with hair, fluff and anything bigger than a grain of sand.

I currently own a Hoover SteamVac which is getting on 5 years old now and is dying monthly - the brushes quit spinning and it needs constant cleaning of itself. The entire thing is air-driven (no belts) so any blockage kills it, and the time it takes to get the thing ready to clean (filling tanks, soap, maneuvering it because it weighs a metric ton) the water isn't as hot as it might need to be.

Just because of that, I just bought this thing. Belt driven, easy to lug from the garage to the stain, and keeps the water hot! If it lasts as long as the Hoover did, it will have been worth it.

Also; don't skimp on the soap just because you would use it more regularly. Stick to Nature's Miracle or Resolve or the cleaner-brand pet solution. Don't think that for half the price a Walmart carpet soap will do anything more than half the job..

(I'm keeping the Hoover, since it does hard floors like tile and laminate, and does a terrific job as long as it's practically maintained)

Thanks! Yes, I always vacuum first. My Dyson Animal and I are pretty tight . . .

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
tooth18 wrote:I noted a question regarding the 3" tool. No one has confirmed that the tool is in the box. Can anyone actually confirm that it is?

I would also like to know if the machines were all refurbished due to a specific problem

GMF

thunderthighs answer that question earlier. the tool is included

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

thumperchick

ceagee wrote:Hi @thumperchick. Wondering about cleaning the tanks. *snip*
TL/DR : Is it worth taking out the machine for small jobs ?

PS how much does it weigh ?

The tanks lift right out and are pretty easy to rinse out. For small spot clean jobs, I don't even use the cleanser in the tank - just spray with my pet carpet cleaner spray and use the tank to lift out the mess.

Weight - it's not heavy, but once the water is in the tanks, it isn't light either. I lug it around on my stairs a few times a year and it doesn't get too cumbersome.

acw114

quality posts: 8 Private Messages acw114

A brand new Bissell is $143 (with prime shipping) on the mothership. How is this Woot a deal? Amazon one also includes the little spot tool.

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-DeepClean-Essential-Cleaner-8852/dp/B00DBTOVXO

daveninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveninja
acw114 wrote:A brand new Bissell is $143 (with prime shipping) on the mothership. How is this Woot a deal? Amazon one also includes the little spot tool.

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-DeepClean-Essential-Cleaner-8852/dp/B00DBTOVXO

Thats a completely different model. It doesnt have the "lift off" feature.

I decided to buy woot's Bissel today because my old carpet cleaner weighs a ton and leaks. Its pretty old and the water tank has been held on by a bungie cord for years. I had a separate portable cleaner for cleaning the car or small messes on the run (cat puke usually) but it just stopped working last month. Hopefully this Bissel will mean I can throw away both of the old machines

rabbitjockey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rabbitjockey

I have had one of these for almost a year now, its great for spot cleaning, sucking farts out of car seats, cleaning the carpet in your car, and cleaning area rugs. I have only ever used a larger bissel cleaner, and they both did a great job and are comparable. The only downside to this model is that because it's a lift off the tanks are pretty small so if you use it in a large area you will be refilling and emptying it a lot. But at the same time it has the lift off feature which kind of makes up for it due to how nice it makes it for cleaning out your car. Also this is a great price, im pretty sure these are still like 250.00 new at walmart.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rabbitjockey wrote:I have had one of these for almost a year now, its great for spot cleaning, sucking farts out of car seats, cleaning the carpet in your car, and cleaning area rugs. I have only ever used a larger bissel cleaner, and they both did a great job and are comparable. The only downside to this model is that because it's a lift off the tanks are pretty small so if you use it in a large area you will be refilling and emptying it a lot. But at the same time it has the lift off feature which kind of makes up for it due to how nice it makes it for cleaning out your car. Also this is a great price, im pretty sure these are still like 250.00 new at walmart.

I never thought of sucking farts out of car seats.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SavingSista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SavingSista
ThunderThighs wrote:I never thought of sucking farts out of car seats.

Ew. But then, someone else used it for dog vomit? lol

kevin038

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin038

Woot customer service is terrible. Bought an air compressor and it was missing the air hose. Emailed them twice no response. Going on two weeks. snow on you Woot.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kevin038 wrote:Woot customer service is terrible. Bought an air compressor and it was missing the air hose. Emailed them twice no response. Going on two weeks. snow on you Woot.

Sorry to hear that you're missing a portion of your order.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post and issue along to a Woot CS Representative.

Thank you for your patience while they attend to the matter.

kevin038

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin038
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you're missing a portion of your order.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post and issue along to a Woot CS Representative.

Thank you so much. This may help.
Case # CAS-558829-S6M8J4 has been created Email ID: CRM:0001004

uniqueshirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uniqueshirt

Long term woot customer and I bought something over three weeks ago, they sent me the wrong item. Email customer support about two weeks ago; no response. Emailed a second time last week; still no response (Both emails were confirmed that they were received). What is going on woot, I would hate to stop using this site but this service is unacceptable

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

uniqueshirt wrote:Long term woot customer and I bought something over three weeks ago, they sent me the wrong item. Email customer support about two weeks ago; no response. Emailed a second time last week; still no response (Both emails were confirmed that they were received). What is going on woot, I would hate to stop using this site but this service is unacceptable

Sorry to hear that you received the wrong item.

I would also like to ask other folks that if you have a pending issue with Woot Member Services or with any orders please post/create a WoW thread.

elitemrp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elitemrp

Received it on Friday and used it Saturday. Works great and learned how nasty my carpets were (even though I vacuumed and washed before with a crappy washer I had).

A little bit of a pain to clean (have to disassemble stuff like unscrewing the vacuum nozzle and removing the end caps for the brushes) but since it's not a daily thing it's not a big deal.

Very nice!

my woot stats as of 07-25-2013:
www.woot : 65 orders (114 items) | wine.woot : 6 orders (10 items)
shirt.woot : 7 orders (8 items) | sellout.woot :11 orders (22 items)
home.woot : 13 orders (21 items) | tech woot : 2 (2 items)
tools.woot : 3 (5 items)
total woots : 107 orders (182 total items)

delorap

quality posts: 1 Private Messages delorap

So the Woot ad states this:

Warranty: 3 Years Bissell

Yet there was a very large sticker on the user manual that stated refurbished items only have a 90 days warranty. I wouldn't have bought if I knew the warranty was only 90 days given the crappy experience I've had with other refurbished Woot appliances before.

Edited to add that our machine is also black, not blue (not that I care - just another mistake in the ad).

ThunderThighs

Staff

delorap wrote:So the Woot ad states this:

Warranty: 3 Years Bissell

Yet there was a very large sticker on the user manual that stated refurbished items only have a 90 days warranty. I wouldn't have bought if I knew the warranty was only 90 days given the crappy experience I've had with other refurbished Woot appliances before.

Edited to add that our machine is also black, not blue (not that I care - just another mistake in the ad).

Thank you for pointing this out.

I'm sorry for the discrepancy in the warranties. We are looking into it now. CS will email when we have a resolution.

FORUM MODERATOR

mrbobrichey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrbobrichey

This works great! It was easier to use than I thought! It seems to have gotten all the stains that I was concerned about completely out.
It was reconditioned, not dirty at all, but a little hair on the brushes and there was dampness, so if that sort of thing turns you off, buy a brand new one.
It comes right off the frame easy enough for spots, but I haven't used it like that yet.
It was a god price, did a good job and was not to hard. The carpet dried overnight and feels clean now.
So if you are on the fence, buy it, I'm glad I did.

mwsealey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwsealey

July 5th 2014: exactly 6 months after it arrived, the spot cleaner hose managed to shear itself off the attachment housing.

That part isn't available except via an authorized repair dealer (pretty much everything else like gaskets is available here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?id=9143&sc=product&productid=26940&st=1)

It still works when attached to the upright - which is a more powerful carpet clean, but no good for getting a cat stain off your couch.

May just go get one of these to supplement it:

http://www.bissell.com/spot-lifter-powerbrush-deep-cleaner/

--
Neko