boycat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boycat

Buyer Beware!

Bought the Samsung DCI2605 3D Blu-Ray refurb unit from Woot when it was here for $59.

It lasted four months, then started not playing past 8 minutes of.. anything. Neftlix, Hulu, or Blu-Ray or traditional DVD discs. It just "froze" after somewhere between 7 and 11 minutes. Power cycle was the only way to fix it.

Four months > 90 days. So really I spent $59 to avoid having to go to a store and spend $89 on another Blu-Ray player so that I could finish the Star Trek movies my wife got me for Christmas.

In my opinion, I'd rather have the $59 back and purchased a non-refurb non-samsung unit four months earlier.

kyleensrude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyleensrude

So does this play files straight from a hard drive? Say if I connected an external hard drive through the USB port, will it play whatever files I have stored on it?

cckweiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cckweiss

I got one of these last time it was on Woot. The wifi capabilities are absolutely awful. I bought it to have a simple way to watch Netflix on my TV, but the quality is terrible. I ended up going with a Chromecast, which isn't as simple, but works great. As others have noted, only buy this if you want Blu-Ray and nothing else.

--KWeiss

jfulcer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfulcer

There was a time in the past where Woot responded to customer service complaints in the blog. Hopefully they're answering these concerns off the blog or that's another thing long gone.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mikecris wrote:Seriously Woot???!!! Huge frustration from a long time buyer. Ordered one of these at the beginning of the month, it got lost in the mail, I sent in 2 customer service requests that weren't addressed until after another sale of this item had come and gone, and was then told there were none left in stock for a replacement and gave me a refund. While I do thank you much for the refund, I have to ask White Tundra Frost is this?????? So not cool......

At that time, we probably were out of stock. We don't maintain inventory on items. These are likely from a new purchase and possibly a different vendor. CS can't see upcoming purchases so can't hold items from them.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
Livinonedge wrote:It has a neat feature that when turning the Bluray player on directly, it will turn the TV on automatically. And turning the TV off will power off the player.
This is all going without saying this only works with Samsung TVs for a Samsung player

This is an industry standard called Consumer Electronic Control. Many manufacturers use their own name for it (BRAVIA Sync for Sony, Anynet+ for Samsung) and imply that it only works with their equipment, but it more or less works across platforms.

If I turn off my Vizio TV it turns off my Onkyo receiver and my (different) Samsung Blu-ray player. If I'm watching my TiVo and turn on my Blu-ray player to put in a disc, the receiver switches from the TiVo to the receiver. If I turn on my TV it turns on my receiver (and my Blu-ray player if and only if the player was the selected source when I turned if off). The only thing that doesn't happen is that my receiver doesn't turn on the Blu-ray player when I select it as the source, but I can do that by remote, and usually I'm putting a disc in which powers it on.

CEC is pretty handy, and it doesn't require that everything be the same brand.

mdduhon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdduhon

I bought this so I could stream netflix, so far it works for about 5 minutes then buffers for about 30 seconds then plays for another 5 minutes. I gave up with netflix. Tried about 20 different DVDs and a few blu-rays which all pause in the middle of playing and some times they work again, other times you have to power off the machine and turn it back on. About once every hour the display will stop working and it requires a reboot to get the display back working. Not satisfied so far.

fetussandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fetussandwich

Easily one of the single worst investments I've ever made. Even after all of the firmware updates, you have to constantly unplug the unit and cycle the power because Netflix stalls to a point that the player locks up. I wish I had read the previous reviews but figured at a similar price a few months ago, how could I go wrong? Daily now, my Blu-ray player reminds me of all the ways that I could.

If I wanted a Blu-ray player strictly for its core value, then I wouldn't have invested in one with apps. But I figured I could cut out the middle man (Roku) and get everything in one tidy package.

Essentially, all I use it for is the occasional Blu-ray (it's very loud) and using the USB drive to watch video files. Save your money and invest it in a more expensive model that actually works.

It is a thoughtless, prehistoric build and even at this price, not worth your time.

bilboda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bilboda

Got this at the woot off earlier this month and blu ray and netflix are just fine. HDMI going to the tv and coax out from the tv to the dac. It all works fine. Came with the latest firmware. Uses wep for wifi and I just have no issues at all.
It did find default directories on my pc and I'm glad it did cause I thought they weren't shared. I unshared and all is secure now.

SavingSista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SavingSista
Creeper1313 wrote:That's a key point. While this one says "with Apps", you need to read the fine print of which apps.

I got the BD-F5900 which is a bit wider than this one and was $118 new at Amazon 6 months ago, but since I'm a Prime member, this was worth it to me. I've had none of the general freezing and glitchy issues reported with this one (the 5400).

I'm not a Netflix streaming customer, so unfortunately I can't report on if it suffers from any freezing with that app in particular.

Not having prime is a huge deal breaker, so I'll look into other models too.

jasnom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasnom

Just curious to know when if ever,woot will start excepting paypal?

jethroboom

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jethroboom
zaxmyth wrote:Got this the last time it was on sale here. Absolutely no problems from woot!, I love this website! The player itself is very finicky, sometimes non-responsive at all. I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to show any signs of life, even though the power button is lit-up. Using the remote to search for anything is a chore, because it takes a couple seconds to respond after each button press. Maybe due to it being refurbished? I don't know, but it's definitely worth spending a little more for a new model.

I have the exact same issue. Its very unresponsive, and a very poor player overall especially for netflix. I intend to attempt to return mine soon.

steveg5489

quality posts: 2 Private Messages steveg5489

blu ray fine, netflix just plain awful

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
jasnom wrote:Just curious to know when if ever,woot will start excepting paypal?

They've been accepting Paypal for at least five years. That's what I used for my first purchase back then.

EDIT: well, I don't see it there now. Maybe it went away with the Amazon.com payment method.

ginnyh111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginnyh111

Bought this from the December Woot, just got around to setting it up tonight. Netflix seemed to work ok, just tried it briefly. But the Blu-Ray player doesn't work at all. Sounded like it was coughing up a lung, "loading" incessantly, and nothing. The disc itself is fine, we popped it into another player to be sure. I regret purchasing this.

fordman06gt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fordman06gt

I bought one and it won't even turn on, power light flickers on and off, makes a noise here and there but no onscreen display....Can't get a email back from woot about getting a refund or exchange? So for now I have something to hold my dresser down.

lessthan0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lessthan0

You can not beat the price! I purchased on the last time it was on sale. I have it hooked up to my Samsung TV, it works flawlessly through BD Wise. I have not experienced any problems with linking up with WiFi or streaming Netflix. Wish I was able to pick another up before they sold out.

grego53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grego53

Where is it !

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

grego53 wrote:Where is it !

The order?
Standard shipping normally is 3-5 business days form the sale.

I would recommend that if you don't see any tracking on your order by January 8th, to email into support@woot.com and let them know.

Obsidianmojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Obsidianmojo

This is one of the first things I bought from Woot. To everyone who have been on this site awhile, do they always just slap an address label on a box and put it in the mail. It's like they took the book off the shelf at Best Buy and walked outside and put it in the mail, so every moment it was in route everyone know what it was. They don't put things in plain boxes or something of that nature.

dfali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfali

This was delivered on my doorstep without ANY type of packaging but an address label slapped onto the Samsung box. Really Woot!?! Anyone going by could have taken it. I sent an email to Woot got an auto generated email that someone would respond in five days. That was 10 days ago. Birthday surprised ruined! Okay so no surprise plug it in and wi fi won't connect but player works. I guess you get what you pay for. At least I gave tone to find a birthday gift that will be a surprise. Very disappointed!

manhandsha

quality posts: 39 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

dfali wrote:This was delivered on my doorstep without ANY type of packaging but an address label slapped onto the Samsung box. Really Woot!?! Anyone going by could have taken it. I sent an email to Woot got an auto generated email that someone would respond in five days. That was 10 days ago. Birthday surprised ruined! Okay so no surprise plug it in and wi fi won't connect but player works. I guess you get what you pay for. At least I gave tone to find a birthday gift that will be a surprise. Very disappointed!

I'm sorry for your experience. I passed your info along; you should hear from someone soon.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.