WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Home Theater Upgrades

Whether watching 1897's Ishtar for the first time or sitting down with your pals for your weekly Ishtar viewing, you want to make sure your home theater can transport you out of the living room and directly into the world of Ishtar. 

ATANWL


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATANWL

does the Sony HT-CT60B 2.1CH 60W Sound Bar with Subwoofer come with a remote?

groberts1980


quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980

Only two days ago I installed the Pinnacle tower speakers and the 12" sub and I am extremely happy with them. I have an oversized living room and the sound in here is positively obscene. Especially the levels on the sub. I have the dial at about 30% and it's more than enough. I started at 50% and went down from there because the bass was so powerful. I've been watching a bunch of Blu-ray's testing the sound and I'm very pleased with what I got for the price.

djlushious


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djlushious
groberts1980 wrote:Only two days ago I installed the Pinnacle tower speakers and the 12" sub and I am extremely happy with them. I have an oversized living room and the sound in here is positively obscene. Especially the levels on the sub. I have the dial at about 30% and it's more than enough. I started at 50% and went down from there because the bass was so powerful. I've been watching a bunch of Blu-ray's testing the sound and I'm very pleased with what I got for the price.


Which sub did you purchase, exactly? I am looking to add a second subwoofer to my system. Do I need to worry about timbre matching my subs, like I do with my front sound stage? I am looking at the PS Sub 225 to pair with an existing Velodyne VRP-1200.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
djlushious wrote:Which sub did you purchase, exactly? I am looking to add a second subwoofer to my system. Do I need to worry about timbre matching my subs, like I do with my front sound stage? I am looking at the PS Sub 225 to pair with an existing Velodyne VRP-1200.


Hi, I surmise the Pinnacle Sub referenced is PSSUB 225. Often different types of subwoofers are good for a system. Allowing 1 sub to say, be for volume and another sub be for perhaps lowest frequncies. 2 different subwoofers are fine and will just need some "PLAYING AROUND" to get the best balance for the products and the room conditions.


Hello WOOT forum and Happy New Year. I am Arin with Pinnacle Speakers, TEAM LEADER consumer division. Pinnacle is a family owned and operated USA based company, established in 1976. That's 38 years and running for any "arithmetically challenged"............but seriously, we are famous in the Speaker and consumer electronics industry, known for superior performance, innovative engineering and old fashioned, personal service. We have products ranging from affordable "BUDGET AUDIOPHILE" to true audiophile up to $8,000. We offer these exclusive and honest no brainer deals to WOOT as an exclusive buy it now, snooze or lose opportunity. I will be here to assist in answering any and all questions regarding our products. I have been with this wonderful company for 9 years and I will proudly tell you,we make terrific products. Being NEW YEAR'S DAY, I will be popping in and out of this forum to assist with any questions. I will have access to one of our audio engineers tomorrow for highly technical questions. However, I know a fair amount about our own products, the competitive landscape and the SPEAKERS. There is no such thing as a "DUMB" question. These are complicated decisions. If you have a question, please ask. Chances are your question will also help many other Woot forum people. I am a specialist in Pinnacle, I am here for Pinnacle Speakers. I cannot speak for other company products, though I can try to assist in building a system with our products and some existing items you may already own. Happy New Year to All

Arin

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff



Hey Arin, looks like it's you, me and a few wooters.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
ThunderThighs wrote:

Hey Arin, looks like it's you, me and a few wooters.



I guess some are sleeping in still.

Happy New Year! May it be a great one for all.

pencilneck


quality posts: 3 Private Messages pencilneck

Looking at the Pinnacle Speakers 5.1 Channel 700W Audiophile Home Theater System MB9500+ kit...

Would these be a good match with the Onkyo TX-NR626?

http://www.woot.com/offers/onkyo-7-2ch-a-v-receiver-w-wi-fi-bluetooth

Not worried about 7.2, I don't have a layout where I can do that, but 5.1 is good enuff for me anyway.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
pencilneck wrote:Would these be a good match with the Onkyo TX-NR626?

http://www.woot.com/offers/onkyo-7-2ch-a-v-receiver-w-wi-fi-bluetooth

Not worried about 7.2, I don't have a layout where I can do that, but 5.1 is good enuff for me anyway.



Absolutely. Our products mate very well to all higher quality audio, of which Onkyo is definately a part of.

electricblue404


quality posts: 2 Private Messages electricblue404

Hi Arin,

I'm in the market for 2 subs, possibly the Supersonic. Do you guys have CEA 2010 measurements for this sub?

I'm also looking at sealed sub offerings from SVS and Rythmik. Since they mostly sell to consumers, the numbers are already out there in the forums.

I understand you guys mostly sell through professional installers, but this is a lot of $ for Caveat Emptor. :-)

mtb002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mtb002

Hi Arin!
I've hooked up my BD 2500s and 300 to a Denon E400 and they sound great. I need to tweak the center a bit more for dialogue, the audessy didn't do a good job for that, but I'm still learning. Anyway, the bass is great for music with just the towers themselves, but I remember when I bought them, you mentioned the Supersonic sub would add depth (for home theater purposes). I certainly don't need volume. Is the dual 12" offered on this Woot sale the supersonic you mentioned or is that something different? Thanks for your time!

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
mtb002 wrote:Hi Arin!
I've hooked up my BD 2500s and 300 to a Denon E400 and they sound great. I need to tweak the center a bit more for dialogue, the audessy didn't do a good job for that, but I'm still learning. Anyway, the bass is great for music with just the towers themselves, but I remember when I bought them, you mentioned the Supersonic sub would add depth (for home theater purposes). I certainly don't need volume. Is the dual 12" offered on this Woot sale the supersonic you mentioned or is that something different? Thanks for your time!



Hi and thanks for your kind comments. Yes, SUPERSONIC is in fact the Subwoofer I am referring to. It will provide both more depth of bass and in doing so a louder overall bass output. When used with BD 2500 I think you will play around with the crossover point and try the lowest position first. Then play with the subwoofer volume control. All in all, I do believe once you have the subwoofer you will appreciate another level up to already superior performance.
Arin

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
electricblue404 wrote:Hi Arin,

I'm in the market for 2 subs, possibly the Supersonic. Do you guys have CEA 2010 measurements for this sub?

I'm also looking at sealed sub offerings from SVS and Rythmik. Since they mostly sell to consumers, the numbers are already out there in the forums.

I understand you guys mostly sell through professional installers, but this is a lot of $ for Caveat Emptor. :-)




Hi model Supersonic is indeed a fair value @ $2,000. It is an absolute give-a-way @ $550. Still $550 is a lot of money, so it is all relative. A $75,000 Mercedes Benz car on super special @ $20,500 is both a steal of a deal and a lot of money. So, you have to decide if you want to go for it.

As to CEA measurements, yes, the specs indicated comply with CEA standards with the additional information that the Subwoofer has 400 watts RMS and 800 Watts Peak............probably higher peak power, but we settled on 800.

As a firm that has been here for 38 years, backed by decades of experience, I do believe that must be weighed in any purchase, especially a top line audio Speaker. Finally, I will add that @ $129.99 the PSSUB 225 is perhaps the best value of all. I think 1 PSSUB 225 and 1 SUPERSONIC each placed at different locations can do quite well in a 2 subwoofer system. I also see that as a viable option especially when working with a budget

Go for it!! You will never look back

Arin

mtb002


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mtb002

Ok, Arin, thank you for the clarification. My follow up question is, the only place in the room that I can really put a sub is a cubby in the stone work that is meant to hold wood for the fireplace. The space is 19"Wx16"Hx19"D. Obviously the H is giving me cause for concern. I know these things sound best with the brass feet in place. Do the listed measurements include the feet, and if not, how much extra height do the feet add?

sdencar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdencar

A word of caution about the Onkyo. I purchased a TX-NR626 the last time around on Woot. It came with a screw rattling around in the case. Seemed like a quick return or support call. (I'm hesitant to crack the case and remedy it for fear of voiding the warranty).
Woot told me to call Onkyo.
Onkyo told me to A) return it to woot or B) send it (on my dime) to a service center. I chose the former, until Woot never returned my support emails. Then I chose the latter. But, I found out there are no authorized service centers in Oklahoma and I'd have to ship it to Dallas, TX. These things are very heavy and I have no idea what shipping would be, but it's got to be a lot. Before you buy, you might want to check out the Onkyo Service Centers here

because once you receive the receiver, you're on your own.

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
sdencar wrote:A word of caution about the Onkyo. I purchased a TX-NR626 the last time around on Woot. It came with a screw rattling around in the case. Seemed like a quick return or support call. (I'm hesitant to crack the case and remedy it for fear of voiding the warranty).
Woot told me to call Onkyo.
Onkyo told me to A) return it to woot or B) send it (on my dime) to a service center. I chose the former, until Woot never returned my support emails. Then I chose the latter. But, I found out there are no authorized service centers in Oklahoma and I'd have to ship it to Dallas, TX. These things are very heavy and I have no idea what shipping would be, but it's got to be a lot. Before you buy, you might want to check out the Onkyo Service Centers here

because once you receive the receiver, you're on your own.




thanks. I really consider woot like buying at a yardsale. and expect all the support that comes with.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

mavis500


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavis500

Hi Arin,

I was hoping to have some clarification on what components comprise the MB11500+ system listed. I would like to know what model speakers they are (s-fit, bd, etc) as the description provided with finish and the photos don't match what is provided on the pinnacle website.

Thank you in advance

mohicus


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mohicus
mavis500 wrote:Hi Arin,

I was hoping to have some clarification on what components comprise the MB11500+ system listed. I would like to know what model speakers they are (s-fit, bd, etc) as the description provided with finish and the photos don't match what is provided on the pinnacle website.

Thank you in advance

I purchased the MB11500+ a while back and it included 3 BD 200's, 2 BD 100's and a PS Sub 225.

quantumspec1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quantumspec1

I really love my 4 Pinnacle towers and 350 center. Only issue I am having is getting in touch with Woot to replace my subwoofer that was damaged in shipping. I'm being patient as it's around the holidays. All in all, I would pull the trigger on Pinnacle products in the future if I need speakers. Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
mtb002 wrote:Ok, Arin, thank you for the clarification. My follow up question is, the only place in the room that I can really put a sub is a cubby in the stone work that is meant to hold wood for the fireplace. The space is 19"Wx16"Hx19"D. Obviously the H is giving me cause for concern. I know these things sound best with the brass feet in place. Do the listed measurements include the feet, and if not, how much extra height do the feet add?



Hi, DImensions of SUPERSONIC are listed (WITH FEET) THe feet come enclosed in a separate pack for you to screw into place on the bottom of the speaker. The feet are about 2". You can not use our feet but should instead use 1" rubber bumpers" or some stabilizer to get the woofer off the floor or the ground. The bass is a lot better when lifted, even slightly off the ground.

Basic FEET are available at Home Improvement/Hardware type stores. The aftermarket items are typically self adhesive and that is OK.

Let us know if you have any questions by e-mailing to me @
Infor@pinnaclespeakers.com

Thanks

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
mavis500 wrote:Hi Arin,

I was hoping to have some clarification on what components comprise the MB11500+ system listed. I would like to know what model speakers they are (s-fit, bd, etc) as the description provided with finish and the photos don't match what is provided on the pinnacle website.

Thank you in advance



MB9500+ and MB 11500+ use BD series product with either a 10" or 12' subwoofer. Woot photos are accurate.

1978wildcat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1978wildcat

Looking for help on putting together my first home surround system. Room size is 16 x 26. I am for sure purchasing a Yamaha rx-v475 or rx-v675 av receiver. Is the MB 11500+ audiophile 5.1 system from Pinnacle Speakers a good choice for speakers or do I need to buy separate component speakers for this setup?? Thanks for your input.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
1978wildcat wrote:Looking for help on putting together my first home surround system. Room size is 16 x 26. I am for sure purchasing a Yamaha rx-v475 or rx-v675 av receiver. Is the MB 11500+ audiophile 5.1 system from Pinnacle Speakers a good choice for speakers or do I need to buy separate component speakers for this setup?? Thanks for your input.



Our system MB 11500+ is an excellent choice. It actually is an assembly of very high quality and performance component speakers we packaged as a system. In the fairly large 26' room, the 12" powered subwoofer in this system is best. So, yes, MB 11500+ system is ideal for your situation.

fulanodetal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fulanodetal

are the geneva speakers bluetooth capable ?

Mrbaduchi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mrbaduchi

Hi, having an issue with the p225 sub I just received today...plugged it in, heard a popping sound and smoke emerged from the rear vent.

The volume was set all the way low..and there was no active source feed...

???

groberts1980


quality posts: 6 Private Messages groberts1980
djlushious wrote:Which sub did you purchase, exactly? I am looking to add a second subwoofer to my system. Do I need to worry about timbre matching my subs, like I do with my front sound stage? I am looking at the PS Sub 225 to pair with an existing Velodyne VRP-1200.



Sorry I'm so late with this reply, does anyone know if Woot has a notification system that will notify you if someone replies to your post?

Anyway, as Arin already answered, I did get the 225. I have a large living room, and let me tell you: the lows put out by this sub are obscene. It's more than enough sub. I actually came back to here to ask a different question. Regarding the SuperSonic PLB Dual 12" 800W Powered Subwoofer. I cannot imagine needing something like this. I have the level knob down at around 30-35% during movies just so the bass doesn't drown out the dialog and effects. The 225 is all I could have asked for and more. I don't know a whole lot about home theaters, but I'm curious what a bigger sub like that would be for.

CRWheeler


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CRWheeler

Looking at the Front Row SYS 8210. Anyone have any opinions of it? DigitalTrends.com gave it 3/5 stars.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/sound-bar-reviews/pinnacle-front-row-sys-8210-review/#/8

Woot! member since 2004... but I don't buy much.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
CRWheeler wrote:Looking at the Front Row SYS 8210. Anyone have any opinions of it? DigitalTrends.com gave it 3/5 stars.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/sound-bar-reviews/pinnacle-front-row-sys-8210-review/#/8




ALSO SAID IT WAS A BARGAIN IF YOU CAN FIND IT FOR $300 OR LESS



Rustytraps


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rustytraps

Hi Arin from Pinnacle, I hope you respond before the sale ends on 1/6/14 on Woot. I recently purchased 1 Baby Boomer 600W Dual 8" Subwoofer
and a pair of S-FIT TWR 1050 5-Element Floor Speaker from Woot. I'm interested in your Pinnacle Speaker BD 300 Audiophile 5.25" Center Channel Speaker and a pair of your Pinnacle Speaker BD 500 Audiophile 5.25" Bookshelf Speakers to complete my surround sound system. My question to you is would these work well together? Please get back to me before the sale ends on Woot. Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
Rustytraps wrote:Hi Arin from Pinnacle, I hope you respond before the sale ends on 1/6/14 on Woot. I recently purchased 1 Baby Boomer 600W Dual 8" Subwoofer
and a pair of S-FIT TWR 1050 5-Element Floor Speaker from Woot. I'm interested in your Pinnacle Speaker BD 300 Audiophile 5.25" Center Channel Speaker and a pair of your Pinnacle Speaker BD 500 Audiophile 5.25" Bookshelf Speakers to complete my surround sound system. My question to you is would these work well together? Please get back to me before the sale ends on Woot. Thanks!



Hi. Both BD 300 Center and BD 500 as the rear would indeed make excellent additions to the products you already have! So this is an absolute YES!

Thanks,

Arin

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
Mrbaduchi wrote:Hi, having an issue with the p225 sub I just received today...plugged it in, heard a popping sound and smoke emerged from the rear vent.

The volume was set all the way low..and there was no active source feed...

???



Sorry about this issue. I have no idea and this is a new one to me.

I will write to you off the forum and will work out an exchange for you. I suggest you check that specific electrical outlet. BIZARRE

Arin

hierophanta


quality posts: 2 Private Messages hierophanta

Here is a great write up on the PS 225.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1394967/official-pinnacle-owners-thread

Arin - I'm looking to mate this sub with my NAD T 747 receiver and 5 piece from Atlantic Technology the System 2400. Can you give any points of consideration that I should think about?

My question is how well this sub will play with the other components.

edit: I should note that I like a clear sound that is not separated (which is why I went with the Atlantic Techs) & I also like a warmer sound and is why I went with the NAD. I'm looking for a sub that will bring some umph to movies while not sounding artificial.

Rustytraps


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rustytraps

Thank you for the quick reply Arin! I will place my order today.

CRWheeler


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CRWheeler
pinnaclespeakers wrote:ALSO SAID IT WAS A BARGAIN IF YOU CAN FIND IT FOR $300 OR LESS



Not trying to offend, or talk bad about it, just trying to get some opinions.

What's the warranty on this product?

Woot! member since 2004... but I don't buy much.

tnbigal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnbigal

Would the MB11500 paired with a couple of TWR 1050's be a good match for a 7.2 setup? Or would a better option be to buy the TWR1050's and BD300 center and find something else for the surrounds? Receiver is a Pioneer 7.2 VSX-1122K, which pushed 165W per channel.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
tnbigal wrote:Would the MB11500 paired with a couple of TWR 1050's be a good match for a 7.2 setup? Or would a better option be to buy the TWR1050's and BD300 center and find something else for the surrounds? Receiver is a Pioneer 7.2 VSX-1122K, which pushed 165W per channel.



Hi and thanks for the excellent questions. If you go with SFITTWR 1050 then add MB 11500+ to complete the 7.2 system I think that is quite excellent. However, in my view, the center channel in that approach would be the BD 200, as opposed to the better BD 300. I think this is a better approach:

2 SFITTWR 1050 FRONT
1 BD 300 CENTER
2 pair SFITLCR250 Side and Rear
1 PSSUB 225.....SAME SUB as in MB 11500+

Overall, the performance is a bit better with my idea as the center and rear would be an upgrade.

Cost is only $80 more with the configuration I have laid out. Both are excellent choices.

I hope this helps,

Arin

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
CRWheeler wrote:Not trying to offend, or talk bad about it, just trying to get some opinions.

What's the warranty on this product?




Absolutely and I thought I would take the opportunity to clarify the reviewer considered our subwoofer to be the best he has heard in this category of product and that IF you can ever find it for $300 it is a bargain. Here it is an absolute and complete give-a-way WOOT only deal. But I never took anything you said as negative.

I appreciate you have brought this excellent review to the WOOT forum. We have sold many thousands of this system.

WARRANTY: 3 YEARS, BEST IN THE BUSINESS IN THIS CATEGORY AND COST RANGE

ARIN

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
hierophanta wrote:Here is a great write up on the PS 225.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1394967/official-pinnacle-owners-thread

Arin - I'm looking to mate this sub with my NAD T 747 receiver and 5 piece from Atlantic Technology the System 2400. Can you give any points of consideration that I should think about?

My question is how well this sub will play with the other components.

edit: I should note that I like a clear sound that is not separated (which is why I went with the Atlantic Techs) & I also like a warmer sound and is why I went with the NAD. I'm looking for a sub that will bring some umph to movies while not sounding artificial.



Hi and thanks for the question. In researching the System 2400 you mention it has 4.5" woofers/midbass drivers with a rated low end frequency of 90Hz. Our PSSUB 225 is a vented 12" powered subwoofer.
In this particular case, I recommend a smaller driver powered subwoofer as it will mate better to the 4" speakers you have. And so, if you are able to wait till BABY BOOMER comes back around, I think that dual 8" powered subwoofer is a better match for you.
As much as I want every home to experience Pinnacle, I think we have other subwoofers that are better matches to the system you have.

SUBSONIC or BABY BOOMER are better choices.

Thank you,

ARIN

hierophanta


quality posts: 2 Private Messages hierophanta
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi and thanks for the question. In researching the System 2400 you mention it has 4.5" woofers/midbass drivers with a rated low end frequency of 90Hz. Our PSSUB 225 is a vented 12" powered subwoofer.
In this particular case, I recommend a smaller driver powered subwoofer as it will mate better to the 4" speakers you have. And so, if you are able to wait till BABY BOOMER comes back around, I think that dual 8" powered subwoofer is a better match for you.
As much as I want every home to experience Pinnacle, I think we have other subwoofers that are better matches to the system you have.

SUBSONIC or BABY BOOMER are better choices.

Thank you,

ARIN



thank you so kindly for the honest feed back. you are doing a dam good job here.

tnbigal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnbigal
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi and thanks for the excellent questions. If you go with SFITTWR 1050 then add MB 11500+ to complete the 7.2 system I think that is quite excellent. However, in my view, the center channel in that approach would be the BD 200, as opposed to the better BD 300. I think this is a better approach:

2 SFITTWR 1050 FRONT
1 BD 300 CENTER
2 pair SFITLCR250 Side and Rear
1 PSSUB 225.....SAME SUB as in MB 11500+

Overall, the performance is a bit better with my idea as the center and rear would be an upgrade.

Cost is only $80 more with the configuration I have laid out. Both are excellent choices.

I hope this helps,

Arin



Thanks for the reply, and I agree that would probably be a better fit. I actually already have 2 of the PS225 subs so I wouldn't need to purchase that. However, that center BD300 just sold out. So the above option you mentioned won't work.