WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Super Mega Tech Sale

They say a PC is only as good as its accessories. Well, somebody has probably said that at some point in the history of the internet. Nevermind, we just ran a search for that exact phrase and returned zero results. But now this page will return one result so we're right! 

Quality Posts

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

the Kogeto Dot Panoramic Camera Lens is cheaper on amazon from several sellers.

I always did like yardsales.

jade7kb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jade7kb

Ouch that POS kodak sold out. Good luck folks that camera is awful at $20.

starrynights101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starrynights101

I'm not tech savvy, so would someone kindly tell me if the Belkin Dual band N+ router a router/modem combo? Thanks!

dxrogers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dxrogers

Belkin router is less at Best Buy.

Samus

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
starrynights101 wrote:I'm not tech savvy, so would someone kindly tell me if the Belkin Dual band N+ router a router/modem combo? Thanks!

No, it needs to be attached to a modem. The WD MyNet Router is a better value (and a better product) at $20.

If you need a cable modem/router combo device, Motorola is your only option, and they are so-so.

starrynights101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starrynights101

Thank you!!!

Samus wrote:No, it needs to be attached to a modem. The WD MyNet Router is a better value (and a better product) at $20.

If you need a cable modem/router combo device, Motorola is your only option, and they are so-so.

fartfile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fartfile

Have tried to purchase the Panasonic 3 times in the past couple months and for some reason it never gets to me

Should I risk making it a 4th time...........

davemeigs5

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davemeigs5

Does the Ooma handset work with the older Ooma base station?

vchposton

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vchposton

Don't buy the iGo Compact 90 Watt Laptop Charger until Woot clears a problem up. A different charger is being shipped instead of the one advertised.

Check out the comments about PC Whatnots

I'm sure they will straighten it out, but wait until they do.

--
Jim

Brigadier of Carolling record: 8 for 24

barrywilliams991

quality posts: 2 Private Messages barrywilliams991

IF you have Prime, the Motorola VGA Travel Adapter is $1.11 cheaper on Amazon when shipping of woot! $5 is considered.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-VGA-Travel-Adapter-Non-Retail/dp/B006FXURV8

Sisyphean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sisyphean

I got the correct iGo Travel Adapter over 6 months ago. The unit works fine, but it does crackle and pop a lot. It was unnerving at first, but it's never had a problem, other than being a bit noisy when you're working in a quiet environment.

edstreiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edstreiff

Haha oh woot what has happened to you? You can get all this stuff cheaper on amazon

The Panasonic camera for 179.99 is worst offender, not only is it old but you can get the latest model the lumix zs20 that has gps for 20 dollars less new on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Sensitivity-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B00728ZBA2

FAIL

limitbass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limitbass

Run Run Run we have been waiting for 3 weeks for a lap top we ordered, no customer service to call and only receive generic emails from them stating that they are busy. We just want our money returned or the computer we bought 3 weeks ago. All I can tell you is check out Yelp and run from this company.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

limitbass wrote:Run Run Run we have been waiting for 3 weeks for a lap top we ordered, no customer service to call and only receive generic emails from them stating that they are busy. We just want our money returned or the computer we bought 3 weeks ago. All I can tell you is check out Yelp and run from this company.

Very sorry to hear that you haven't heard back form Woot Member Services.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services to help expedite a response.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

philgonet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages philgonet

I guess the wireless gaming headset is made by Schrödinger since it is both available and sold out at the same time....

michaewlewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaewlewis

Watch the video for the dot thingy...
hugs from kogeto? umm. no.

Divamatrix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Divamatrix
dxrogers wrote:Belkin router is less at Best Buy.

I don't see that they have it cheaper. In fact, from what I see, it costs more than the $199 price.

vilhiem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vilhiem

Anyone have any experience with the quality of the SteelSeries Headset? The audio output jack on my laptop has long given out, so it might be nice to have an upgrade.

For those of you that have Skullcandy, which is better?

And any issues with the logitech remote or comments?

bremsech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bremsech

Dot Panoramic iPhone Camera Lens: Do they make a panoramic lens for the Iphone 5?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I am buying a second Sony recorder as a backup in case I lose the first one.

I make a living producing, hosting, recording and editing radio shows for non-profits.

While I prefer using my pro gear, I find this stereo unit with minimalist controls to be capable of high quality recordings and nearly foolproof operation.

I have recorded everything from Mariachi Masses to interviews with stunning results, good enough for FM radio broadcast. If I go down to Peru this summer to do shows at an orphanage there, be assured I will be taking one of these with me!

Of course, a unit with MP3 format and automatic volume control may not be the right choice for audiophile recordings of bands, vocalists, etc., for eventual distribution as a finished project. There are plenty of recorders from Tascam and others for that. But as an audio-journalist's tool, this is superb.

Do note that you need to remove the card and load the files from a card reader, as there is no USB out on the unit. I suspect this was because the unit is aimed at non-tech savvy business people and this greatly lessens the chance of a computer illiterate doing something wrong.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

mpangaro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpangaro

Just make sure that Xbox is what you're getting it for, since the mic won't work on PC or Mac. I didn't notice that when I got some of these.

vilhiem wrote:Anyone have any experience with the quality of the SteelSeries Headset? The audio output jack on my laptop has long given out, so it might be nice to have an upgrade.

For those of you that have Skullcandy, which is better?

And any issues with the logitech remote or comments?

radi0j0hn

While most Blue Mics are quite good, that Tiki is a dud, according to my own experience and other reviews. Just not good sounding.

leggalamb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leggalamb
edstreiff wrote:Haha oh woot what has happened to you? You can get all this stuff cheaper on amazon

The Panasonic camera for 179.99 is worst offender, not only is it old but you can get the latest model the lumix zs20 that has gps for 20 dollars less new on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Sensitivity-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B00728ZBA2

FAIL

Hmmm, I've noticed this as well on several items sold on Woot. Could it be....? Noooo! Are they posting these items because they know we go to Amazon to check prices? And when we see it there cheaper they make the sale anyway? That would mean Woot is just bait for Amazon. It's WootBait!

gantt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages gantt

Radi0j0hn - did you get the first recorder from Woot? Did it come with an AC adapter? Every other listing I've found for the product shows it does, but this Woot listing shows it does not.

radi0j0hn wrote:I am buying a second Sony recorder as a backup in case I lose the first one.

I make a living producing, hosting, recording and editing radio shows for non-profits.

While I prefer using my pro gear, I find this stereo unit with minimalist controls to be capable of high quality recordings and nearly foolproof operation.

I have recorded everything from Mariachi Masses to interviews with stunning results, good enough for FM radio broadcast. If I go down to Peru this summer to do shows at an orphanage there, be assured I will be taking one of these with me!

Of course, a unit with MP3 format and automatic volume control may not be the right choice for audiophile recordings of bands, vocalists, etc., for eventual distribution as a finished project. There are plenty of recorders from Tascam and others for that. But as an audio-journalist's tool, this is superb.

Do note that you need to remove the card and load the files from a card reader, as there is no USB out on the unit. I suspect this was because the unit is aimed at non-tech savvy business people and this greatly lessens the chance of a computer illiterate doing something wrong.

radi0j0hn

jade7kb wrote:Ouch that POS kodak sold out. Good luck folks that camera is awful at $20.

Sure helps if you can explain why you have that opinion? I find that most times it is a case of unreal expectations, especially involving low-light action shots.

A sold-out 40 buck camera may soon be a thing of the past as camera makers drop the budget models, assuming we are all taking mediocre shots with smart phones.

So you may soon find that, if you don't want a DSLR and you don't want a smart phone, the only choice left is a $200+ compact digital.

radi0j0hn

gantt wrote:Radi0j0hn - did you get the first recorder from Woot? Did it come with an AC adapter? Every other listing I've found for the product shows it does, but this Woot listing shows it does not.

Mine did not, but it did have a nice 2 GB card.

Batteries last a LONG time and some AC adapters can ad "hum" to the circuitry.

Personally, I'd not worry about using it on AC unless you are recording really, really long events.

And, based on past experience, IF you buy an adapter be SURE it is the right Sony one. There are a lot of factors besides simple voltage to consider.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

leggalamb wrote:Hmmm, I've noticed this as well on several items sold on Woot. Could it be....? Noooo! Are they posting these items because they know we go to Amazon to check prices? And when we see it there cheaper they make the sale anyway? That would mean Woot is just bait for Amazon. It's WootBait!

LOL. Doesn't work that way. They're constantly lowering prices on us and we can't keep up with their fluctuating prices.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gantt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages gantt
radi0j0hn wrote:Mine did not, but it did have a nice 2 GB card.

Batteries last a LONG time and some AC adapters can ad "hum" to the circuitry.

Personally, I'd not worry about using it on AC unless you are recording really, really long events.

And, based on past experience, IF you buy an adapter be SURE it is the right Sony one. There are a lot of factors besides simple voltage to consider.

Just to close on this for any that may come across this thread in the future (as Woot continues to sell this): the product I received DOES come with the AC adapter. It wasn't something thrown in as a custom bundle, either - it is included in the blister pack and it's shown on the packaging as a supplied accessory.