WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Solvit Pet Products

Look at that little guy enjoying himself outside -- wait, that thing is nicer than my own bike. And that sofa protector is nicer than my futon. So it turns out it's better to be born into the body of an American dog than that of a Woot writer. 

maevemealone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maevemealone

I bought the Large Solv-it car harness for my hound just before Christmas. My dog is not great in the car for more than 20 mins and I thought this would actually restrain him in his seat, but it doesn't. If your dog is happy to sit in the back, looking out the window or sleeping, this is probably great. My dog wants to sit with me up front and will do whatever it takes to get there, crying and barking all the way.

Since this attaches to the cross strap, he just pulled the seat belt and walked up the center console. I fixed it by attaching his leash, that has a traffic handle, to the harness, and then putting the seat buckle through the traffic handle and snapping it in. That way he was secured much more firmly to a smaller area and couldn't reach the front seat. I need a harness that actually holds him in place! Plus, the large harness was a bit too big for a 40-ish lb beagle/hound mix, a medium would have been a better fit.
It's heavy duty construction, nonetheless, solid straps and connections, very thick padding on the chest piece.

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

I picked up the Solvit 62278-1 PupSTEP + Plus Stairs last time they were available. there were a lot of questions about whether or not the stairs could fit/support different breeds. These stairs are sturdy and fold well, and unless you have a morbidly obese small dog, the size of your dog is going to be more of an issue than its weight.

I have a small springer spaniel (about the size of a large cocker spaniel). the stairs support her, but her body length and leg length make using these stairs super awkward. overall I think they're better for small breeds; I suspect that medium size and long-bodied dogs (including corgis- one of the common ones asked about) may be challenged by these steps.

proud2busmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages proud2busmc
maevemealone wrote:I bought the Large Solv-it car harness for my hound just before Christmas. My dog is not great in the car for more than 20 mins and I thought this would actually restrain him in his seat, but it doesn't. If your dog is happy to sit in the back, looking out the window or sleeping, this is probably great. My dog wants to sit with me up front and will do whatever it takes to get there, crying and barking all the way.

Since this attaches to the cross strap, he just pulled the seat belt and walked up the center console. I fixed it by attaching his leash, that has a traffic handle, to the harness, and then putting the seat buckle through the traffic handle and snapping it in. That way he was secured much more firmly to a smaller area and couldn't reach the front seat. I need a harness that actually holds him in place! Plus, the large harness was a bit too big for a 40-ish lb beagle/hound mix, a medium would have been a better fit.
It's heavy duty construction, nonetheless, solid straps and connections, very thick padding on the chest piece.

MOD: I dont know if this is against the rules?? So sorry and delete if it is.

You should look into the webmaster harness from ruffwear. Not inexpensive by any means but they are great for not only safety in the car but hiking, walking, anything really. They are escape proof and have a handle to run the seatbelt through or for me to use to pick up my little dog when need be.

dirtworship

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dirtworship

I am trying to figure out how if parts from the kitty'scape kits could b used on my Armarkat Classic Cat Tree that I got here a few weeks ago. The post diameter for the Armarkat is 3.5", can not find the diameter for the kitty'scape posts.

rawrali

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rawrali
maevemealone wrote:I bought the Large Solv-it car harness for my hound just before Christmas. My dog is not great in the car for more than 20 mins and I thought this would actually restrain him in his seat, but it doesn't. If your dog is happy to sit in the back, looking out the window or sleeping, this is probably great. My dog wants to sit with me up front and will do whatever it takes to get there, crying and barking all the way.

To prevent him from pulling the seat belt, before putting him in, pull the seat belt ALL the way out and let it go. This will lock the seat belt so he can't pull it. I agree with you that this harness isn't the best (we luckily have a dog who is happy to lie in the backseat and snooze) but it is much improved by locking the seat belt in place. I believe our (ridiculously large, 37 lb) Sheltie wears the medium size.

jaymanmsu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaymanmsu

In Solvit Russia, dog walk you!

maevemealone

rawrali wrote:To prevent him from pulling the seat belt, before putting him in, pull the seat belt ALL the way out and let it go. This will lock the seat belt so he can't pull it. I agree with you that this harness isn't the best (we luckily have a dog who is happy to lie in the backseat and snooze) but it is much improved by locking the seat belt in place. I believe our (ridiculously large, 37 lb) Sheltie wears the medium size.

Excellent idea, I'll give that a try next time we go for a drive. I had tried getting it to lock, but I guess I didn't pull it all the way out. Thanks!

smmira02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smmira02

If anybody is wondering about the "Waterproof Sta-Put Hammock Seat Cover," I've found that it works great for keeping hair off of your seats if your dog sheds. However, it will not stop a dog that likes to jump up front with you. My corgi fortunately does great in the backseat, until I get out of my car and he decides to easily hop over the hammock and into the front.

maevemealone

proud2busmc wrote:MOD: I dont know if this is against the rules?? So sorry and delete if it is.

You should look into the webmaster harness from ruffwear. Not inexpensive by any means but they are great for not only safety in the car but hiking, walking, anything really. They are escape proof and have a handle to run the seatbelt through or for me to use to pick up my little dog when need be.

That's a nice harness! I don't mind the price, if it works it's better than three cheap harnesses that don't work. Plus, the Solv-it one wasn't as convenient for outside the car. It's nice to multitask products as long as it's safe.

elvi007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elvi007

The doggie buggy. For when your dog is just to darn lazy to actually walk.

eggmanagementfee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggmanagementfee
jaymanmsu wrote:In Solvit Russia, dog walk you!

Thanks for the laugh, Boris.

theco2

quality posts: 67 Private Messages theco2

I've looked everywhere, online; there isn't a single cargo liner that covers the whole back of a vehicle, with the seats down. Annoying!

LKT12012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LKT12012

I purchased two items, a frying pan and the Mr. Herzher Smart Ramp. I received the frying pan but did not received the Smart Ramp. I called UPS and they said they had nothing else for me. Woot, your business revolves around selling things and packaging them for shipment. What's the problem? Send me the dog ramp I purchased!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

LKT12012 wrote:I purchased two items, a frying pan and the Mr. Herzher Smart Ramp. I received the frying pan but did not received the Smart Ramp. I called UPS and they said they had nothing else for me. Woot, your business revolves around selling things and packaging them for shipment. What's the problem? Send me the dog ramp I purchased!

It's more than likely that the other portion of your order will ship soon.

Standard shipping is 3-5 business days from the sale.

I would recommend that if you don't see any tracking/movement by Monday, January 13th to write into support@woot.com and let them know.

LKT12012

ROGETRAY wrote:It's more than likely that the other portion of your order will ship soon.

Standard shipping is 3-5 business days from the sale.

I would recommend that if you don't see any tracking/movement by Monday, January 13th to write into support@woot.com and let them know.

I ordered both items at the same time, not separately. The order details gave me one tracking number for both items. I emailed and the auto-response I received stated they might not even get to my issue for a week. What kind of customer service is that? That would be day 13, since I placed the order.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 570 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

LKT12012 wrote:I ordered both items at the same time, not separately. The order details gave me one tracking number for both items. I emailed and the auto-response I received stated they might not even get to my issue for a week. What kind of customer service is that? That would be day 13, since I placed the order.

Your two items are shipping from different locations. The pan shipped from an Amazon warehouse (our stock) and they kinda ship fast.

The ramp is shipping directly from our vendor and the sale would have said it would ship in 3-5 business days. We're probably waiting on the tracking file from them. As soon as we get that uploaded, it'll shoot off an email to you.

TL;DR: Give it a couple more days, pls. Thanks for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

almostheaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages almostheaven

I too ordered 2 items on 1 order the Rockwell bench vice and front seat net pet barrier.Received the vice on 9 January but did not receive the pet barrier with same tracking number.Sent message to customer service and received automated message could be a while before they could reply to my request.

ThunderThighs

Staff

almostheaven wrote:I too ordered 2 items on 1 order the Rockwell bench vice and front seat net pet barrier.Received the vice on 9 January but did not receive the pet barrier with same tracking number.Sent message to customer service and received automated message could be a while before they could reply to my request.

Hi there. Sorry for the confusion. Your items also shipped from different vendors. Please give the last item a few more days.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

FemmeGeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FemmeGeek

Purchased one of the Deluxe Sta-Put™ SUV Cargo Liner on January 2nd and it still has not shipped. I put in a ticket but wondering if anyone else is having slow shipping on this one. If this was another company, I would expect slow but Woot usually is pretty on the ball.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hello all. We've contacted the vendor and all items have shipped out. We're just waiting on the tracking file from them. Wouldn't you know that the one person that knows how to create took Friday off.

But I was able to pull some of them up via Track by Reference. If yours doesn't pull up, FedEx probably hasn't scanned it in yet.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

FORUM MODERATOR

FemmeGeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FemmeGeek
ThunderThighs wrote:Hello all. We've contacted the vendor and all items have shipped out. We're just waiting on the tracking file from them. Wouldn't you know that the one person that knows how to create took Friday off.

But I was able to pull some of them up via Track by Reference. If yours doesn't pull up, FedEx probably hasn't scanned it in yet.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

You're super! (How dare anyone take a Friday off... geesh!)

almostheaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages almostheaven

almostheaven- Tried tracking by reference and all that came up was the item i have already received.TRIED CHECKING MY STUFF YOU BOUGHT AND STILL NO ITEM TRACKING NUMBER FOR THE FRONT SEAT NET PET BARRIER.WHATS NEXT I REALLY WANT THIS ITEM AND STILL NEED TRACKING FOR IT.JUST AS LONG AS I RECEIVE ITEM .PLEASE HELP.

ThunderThighs

Staff

almostheaven wrote:almostheaven- Tried tracking by reference and all that came up was the item i have already received.TRIED CHECKING MY STUFF YOU BOUGHT AND STILL NO ITEM TRACKING NUMBER FOR THE FRONT SEAT NET PET BARRIER.WHATS NEXT I REALLY WANT THIS ITEM AND STILL NEED TRACKING FOR IT.JUST AS LONG AS I RECEIVE ITEM .PLEASE HELP.

Sorry for the delay. I see a tracking number has been assigned now. I'll send it to you via Private message.

To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

FORUM MODERATOR

wpenni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wpenni

I ordered three items, one was a Pet vehicle safety harness. I've received the other two items (not solvit pet products). I haven't received the harness.
I got tracking numbers the other items. I tried searching by reference and got no results (even for the items I received).
Are all of the pet products running this late, or is it just my order?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

wpenni wrote:I ordered three items, one was a Pet vehicle safety harness. I've received the other two items (not solvit pet products). I haven't received the harness.
I got tracking numbers the other items. I tried searching by reference and got no results (even for the items I received).
Are all of the pet products running this late, or is it just my order?

Sorry, I can't tell! But I will ping CS and ask for more info.

wpenni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wpenni
agingdragqueen wrote:Sorry, I can't tell! But I will ping CS and ask for more info.

Thanks for the reply.

It arrived today about 1pm Pacific. Never did get a tracking number though one was on the package. Bought on the 4th, shipped on the 14th, arrived on the 22nd.

LKT12012

ThunderThighs wrote:Your two items are shipping from different locations. The pan shipped from an Amazon warehouse (our stock) and they kinda ship fast.

The ramp is shipping directly from our vendor and the sale would have said it would ship in 3-5 business days. We're probably waiting on the tracking file from them. As soon as we get that uploaded, it'll shoot off an email to you.

TL;DR: Give it a couple more days, pls. Thanks for your patience.

Finally got the pet ramp 1/16/2014. I had ordered it 1/4/2014. I suppose Prime has spoiled me.