rnolan032257

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnolan032257
onkyous wrote:Hello mattison88; that's great that you are now a new Onkyo owner and wish you countless hours of AV nirvana. We also would like to inform you that we do provide 24 hour Product Support at (800) 229-1687 and also have a FAQ and Product Support forum as well at forums@onkyousa.com to better assist you as well. We thank you for your posting and also for choosing Onkyo. Have a Happy and Rocking New Year with your new receiver, from Onkyp USA!!

I just bought a Onkyo 7.2 will you replace The hdmi boards when they go bad !

rnolan032257

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnolan032257
rnolan032257 wrote:I just bought a Onkyo 7.2 will you replace The hdmi ports when they go bad !

If you are selling these knowing there (HDMI Boards) bad you should stand by your name !

onkyousa

quality posts: 29 Private Messages onkyousa
mistershiney wrote:are you saying that there IS a heat dissipation problem with the 2012 models? how does Onkyo plan to address that?

No- there are no heat dissipation problems with our 2012 models at all or with the 2013 models, There has NO complaints of heat issues with our recent model units.

onkyousa

rnolan032257 wrote:If you are selling these knowing there (HDMI Boards) bad you should stand by your name !

Hello rnolan032257; this is Onkyo USA Product Support and if you have any issues with your receiver, please contact us at our 24 hour Product Support number 800-229-1687. If you have any setup issue or have any questions- please feel free to contact us. As we are currently assisting customers with any reported issue and further evaluating case by case, leaving no stone unturned.

onkyousa

mistershiney wrote:Hi Stu, thanks for your contributions to this discussion: 1) questioning my ability to properly set up my receiver, and 2) questioning my posting under an alias. Gee, that Onkyo rep you are chummy with seems to post under an alias too -- got any problems with that?

But to answer your question, yes, I am "doing it right". I agree with you that the setup of this receiver is needlessly complicated. That seems to go with the territory -- what I AM deducting points here is that the HDMI switching in this receiver is buggy and it has problems which are mentioned on many forums like this one. I have not personally experienced the power supply or heat-failure issues mentioned by some of the other posters but the HDMI switching issues, sudden loss of sound via HDMI, and weird delays when switching inputs are all problems my receiver has in spades. I bought what I thought was a great brand (Onkyo) from an authorised seller and the end result has been negative. I will definitely look at another brand next time.

In another post you downplayed the video switching issues saying that these receivers are meant for audio. I beg to differ, sir. An audiophile would be looking at separate components (pre-amp, amp, etc) not an integrated receiver . A big selling point of these receivers is video and I think your Onkyo friends should be able to explain that to you. I will grant you that as far as I was concerned Onkyo had a good reputation -- their discrete power amplification was a big reason I bought my last three Onkyo receivers. Unlike other brands, if Onkyo said 100w/channel that power output was measured at very low distortion levels, unlike some competitors who would inflate their wattage numbers to move units. Look, I am not saying these receivers suck -- what I am saying is that the HDMI switching and other key features are badly executed and if Onkyo wants to ever earn my business again they can take my 616 back and give me a new model that has none of the problems.

Hello Mister Shiney; this again is Onkyo USA's Product Support dept and after reading this post- we would like the opportunity to assist you and determine what is occurring with your NR 616. Please send an email to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com for supervisory review and we would like to arrange further correspondence with you and work to resolve this promptly. In the email- please input your Woot handle so we are aware of the issue.

onkyousa

We would like to further assist all customers and further determine any options available to provide you with an awesome Onkyo receiver- as you always envisioned. Please send your detailed issues along with your contact information and WOOT username to the askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com email and we hope when we meet again on Woot- we'd like to make some believers!

sr21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sr21

gah! was hoping the 626 would restock before it ended ;[ had one in my cart earlier and when I went to checkout it was removed/oos.

zipzman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zipzman

Purchased the Onkyo 5.2 last week or so, just got it hooked up - sounds great - replaced a TX-DS676 - about 10 yrs old - loved old one! But no pass thru for HDMI. The NR525 is much lighter - MISSING PHONO INPUT!! - and switched outlet on back for my subwoofer! UGH!!! Had to buy cheap preamp and run Phono thru PC or GAME. Onkyo doesnt even tell you how to connect PHONO. I still play my 3500 albums using Audio Technica turntable and high quality magnetic cartridge! Sort of disappointed - all sources now converted to 5 channel where you had a choice of Stereo, Dolby, or 5 channel on the 676.

zadriel

quality posts: 8 Private Messages zadriel

DANG IT. I went to buy the 7.2 and you are sold out!!!

Come on ONKYOUSA release some more to woot right now so I can buy!

evilemt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilemt
zadriel wrote:DANG IT. I went to buy the 7.2 and you are sold out!!!

Come on ONKYOUSA release some more to woot right now so I can buy!

Not as disappointing as them accepting your order then cancelling it 4 days later.

Netgear 802.11g Wireless adapter, iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot, Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD, iRobot DirtDog Model 1100,iRobot Roomba 4296 Scheduler, Sony NW-S705 2GB MP3 Player, Xact 2-Way FRS/GMRS Wristwatch Radios, Microsoft Zune 30GB, Dyson DC14

drakar2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drakar2007

Got my 626 last night and got it all set up. Connecting to wifi was a breeze and the firmware update (though SLOW) went off without a hitch. I just have it hooked to a pair of older stereo tower speakers (for now) but they give me much better sound than what I was dealing with before (crappy tv-speakers quality from an el-cheapo 32-incher my GF bought a few years ago). I tested out the Pandora and Sirius Radio functionality and it seems brilliant - though the UI is plenty clunky, and I hope for future fixes... but it works easily and sounds great.

khiggins111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khiggins111

Just bought the NR525 to replace a Sony unit that is still working. Wanted the media and net interfaces that this one has. Installed it yesterday. Here are some comments-

Likes- do like the fact all the speaker posts can be used with banana plugs. They even provide labels for each wire. Hook up was easy and the controller made set up easy 6 HDMI ports are great and a nice big display that displays song and movie titles

Cons- started making random popping noises. When you turn it off and on, it can take up to 2 minutes for the sound to come on. Only used this unit for one day!

Calling Woot today to send it back. Seems there is an issue with this unit. I even have a fan deck under it so heat is not an issue.

rajah22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rajah22

Went through all kinds of trouble getting this hooked up to a TV, Chromecast, Cable Box, etc. on the opposite side of the wall of a TV that is hanging from the wall. Everything was great...for three weeks. I went to watch TV today and the receiver was off. Tried to turn it back on and nothing happened. No lights, no clicks, nothing. I tried to unplug it for an hour, etc. and it is still dead. Talked to Onkyo and they said to contact Woot, which I did via email. Now, I'm reading horror stories about Woot's responsiveness to these inquiries. Hopefully, I can get a replacement because it was a great deal (or so I thought) and I purchased aftermarket apps to control it from iOS devices. Is anyone else having issues with this receiver or Woot's customer service? I really do not want to wait up to a week just to hear back from them via email.

spyderkeeper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spyderkeeper

Got my 7.2, HDMI no worky...

Great, thanks to Onkyo's brilliant support, I get to pay shipping for their broken, refurb amp back to their "independent" support center. Good news wooters, more inventory for the next woot!

jnavas11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnavas11
spyderkeeper wrote:Got my 7.2, HDMI no worky...

Great, thanks to Onkyo's brilliant support, I get to pay shipping for their broken, refurb amp back to their "independent" support center. Good news wooters, more inventory for the next woot!

Same here. It was fine for a month, but then here we go...no HDMI switching on the 7.2 tx-nr626. Only three ports remain working. Sigh, should have gone with the consensus and avoided the Onkyo. I'll update when I hear from them. Woot, maybe more testing before selling these again.