WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Wallpops - Time to Get Organized

What are you using your walls for? Just to hold your roof up, and divide your home into rooms? What a waste. With these WallPops removable wall decals, your walls could be organizing your life, remembering your important thoughts, and making your life more beautiful... if you only let them.

g99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages g99

is "WallPops WPE0644 Puzzle 4-Piece Organizer Set" also a sticker set with the addition of a stick on corkboard or are they more traditional hung pieces?

If it is stick on, how thick is the corkboard?
Thanks

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

These are stick-on, but I dont know how thick the corkboard is.

My question: will these work on my fridge? I think I'd like to stick these on the side of the fridge, which has that fridge-contour surface.

Where's the crap?

zbrowning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zbrowning

Don't do it. I purchased the calendar and white board and when I moved out of my townhouse they both peeled large chunks of paint off of my wall. I complained to wallpops. They said that it should not have happened unless the paint was new but I had been in the house over 7 months by then so the paint was not fresh. Luckily, I didn't have to pay for the damage done to the wall.

lorajunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorajunk
g99 wrote:is "WallPops WPE0644 Puzzle 4-Piece Organizer Set" also a sticker set with the addition of a stick on corkboard or are they more traditional hung pieces?

If it is stick on, how thick is the corkboard?
Thanks

I bought these last time. The 4 pieces all are stick-on. The 1/4" thick cork board has sticky pads that stick it to the 'white board' sticker you see in the pix. I didn't use it or plan on it. It looked cheap and flimsy - from the Woot posting and upon unboxing. I kept the white board part to use by itself.

That said, I love my set. I use one on the fridge-it sticks great. And the others I use in my office area. I stuck them on the side of Ikea cabinets.

puckbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages puckbert

These are pretty fun - we have them at work and they stick wonderfully on glass (...although you could also just whiteboard pen on the glass, hmm...). We have a few on a more bumpy wall and one of them sticks fine while the other is now taped down because otherwise it won't stay up. I'm not sure if that one got peeled off before and now it's less sticky, or what.

The other issue with the ones on the wall is that when we pull them off, there will be a circle-shaped dinginess from erasing the ink and it getting on the wall.

I'm thinking about getting one for cupboards in my kitchen, and possibly a more flat wall at my house. I think the erasing/ink-all-over issue will be alleviated if I get bigger ones and just write toward the middle, being careful about the edges when I erase.

eta: i was wondering about steam because one of the cupboards is over the stove... here's what the overexcited faq says:

Do WallPops work in the bathroom? I am afraid that the steam from the shower will cause them to peel away from the wall.
If you are looking for wall decals for bathroom décor, WallPops are perfect! In fact, I Hate My Bath on the DIY Network used WallPops Malaya Blox in their Historic Style, Modern Luxury episode, totally revamping an awkward bathroom into a beautiful space that included our WallPops wall decals. As long as the WallPops are not getting directly sprayed with water, they will look fabulous in a bathroom setting. For fun bathroom decor ideas, check out our gallery of WallPops bathrooms!

andyfranqueira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andyfranqueira

The Union Jacks are upside down...

happycyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happycyd
andyfranqueira wrote:The Union Jacks are upside down...

To my eye they just don't seem to be printed correctly... the pinwheeliness is missed.