zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3000 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Klipsch Noise Canceling Headphones
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jan 06 to Tuesday, Jan 07) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/29/2013 - $99.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)
9/30/2013 - $139.99 - 24 comment(s)
9/25/2013 - $139.99 (Woot-off) - 18 comment(s)

12/10/2013 - $99.99 (Woot Plus)
12/6/2013 - $139.99 (Woot Plus)
11/27/2013 - $139.99 (Woot Plus)

lichme

Check out the product page and this thorough review over at engadget.com

Accelerator

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Accelerator

Nice set! Better than Parrots?

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

I bought these for my husband for Christmas, he bought me beats executive. These are great, the only downside with them, is they are heavy and tight for a mans head, for mine they fit fine. I read another reviewer was stretching them when not being used by putting them over the box. The sound on them is as good as, if not better than my new ones that were double the price. One nice thing about these are, they work without batteries. You only need batteries gor the noise cancelling. If he hadn't bought me a set or I could return the beats, I'd buy a set for me.

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this review from digitaltrends.com

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Who wants to pay $30 more than what Woot was selling them for on Dec. 10th?

Dante8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dante8

I have a set of these that I got last March. I did have to stretch them a little to fit my head, I just put them over the box. I also plugged them into my iTunes and let it cycle through a bunch of music for a few days and it opened up the sound noticeably.

I have used them daily since then, the noise canceling works great in my office environment and they continue to work great.

The noise canceling lasts a long time on a battery, I think I have only changed it twice. If the battery dies, you can use these without the noise canceling.

I have been told that they make me look like Lobot from Star Wars, which adds to their appeal in my book.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dliidlii wrote:Who wants to pay $30 more than what Woot was selling them for on Dec. 10th?

Possibly because they are a completely different model with completely different features?

Woot Daily December 9th - Klipsch Image ONE On-Ear Headphones

lichme

ROGETRAY wrote:Possibly because they are a completely different model with completely different features?

Or could be because the ones that were the same model on December 10th in the plus sale were refurbished, and these are new

Kapil

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Kapil

I used to travel a ton for my old job and looked at all three at the time because I needed a a pair of noise canceling headphones to help with plane noise.

The Beats by Dre ones look nice, tons of bass, but noise cancelling sucks.

These sound great, look great and noise canceling was pretty good. They will also work without a battery as regular headphones, in case you run out at an inopportune time.

The Bose ones had the best noise canceling even though they looked cheaply made. Since they worked the best for my needs at the time, I bought those...but the Klipsch ones were a very, very close second...and had it not been for noise canceling being my top priority, I would have probably ended up with these.

--
www.kapilville.com

SethB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SethB

How do these compare with the Bose noise-cancelling headphones?

Kapil

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Kapil
SethB wrote:How do these compare with the Bose noise-cancelling headphones?

Klipsch: Better looking, will work without battery in regular, non-noise cancellation mode.

Bose: Cheap looking but much better noise cancellation. Battery mandatory...lasts 40ish hours of listening time.

--
www.kapilville.com

dliidlii

ROGETRAY wrote:Possibly because they are a completely different model with completely different features?

I said Dec. 10th not the other model sold on the 9th!

condog64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages condog64
dliidlii wrote:I said Dec. 10th not the other model sold on the 9th!

As lichme said - refurbished (Dec 10 sale) vs new (today's sale)

ShaneRittenhouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaneRittenhouse

Here is the good the bad and the ugly...

Good - It looks good, quite stylish. the sound quality is pretty good too.

Bad - They are very tight, I really wanted to love these headphones but ultimately had to get rid of them because my head felt like it was in a vice. To add to the discomfort the earcups are pretty shallow as well and not soft either. when I say it isn't soft I don't mean the ear pads I mean the inside that covers the speakers, it is very rough and if it touches your ear at all it will rub it raw. The noise cancelling is not great either as far as noise "cancelling" goes. noise isolation is good meaning the vice of a headphone mixed with the ear pads block out a considerable amount. The noise cancelling feature however is more like powering an onboard amp that will kick in some extra bottom end to make it louder and honestly a better sound in my opinion but fails in actually cancelling the sound.

dliidlii

condog64 wrote:As lichme said - refurbished (Dec 10 sale) vs new (today's sale)

Although they were described as refurbished they certainly appeared to be brand new with all the same accessories so I'm more than happy with mine and not having to pay 30% more to buy them today.

nobrry3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nobrry3

$152 at Amazon right now.
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Mode-M40-Headphones-Copper/dp/B005N8A4Z0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388821362&sr=8-1&keywords=klipsch+m40

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210
SethB wrote:How do these compare with the Bose noise-cancelling headphones?

I'm actually wearing these right now (playing DayZ late at night, don't want to wake the kids with the sounds of growling zombies).

These headphones are a bit heavier than the Bose, but not much of an issue for me since I don't use them for working out, etc. I wear 7 3/8" headgear (hats), and they don't feel tight on my head as others have mentioned. These headphones also have pass-thru sound whereas the Bose QC15 doesn't. Basically this means that once the battery runs out on your Bose, you won't hear any sound out of it (this might suck on a long plane ride). I like how these fold-up nicely for travel and come with a pretty tight looking case. I paid nearly $300 for the QC15, these are less than half the price but equally comparable. I've owned both sets for close to a year and a half.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

tate320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tate320

i bought back in oct and they are great and as far as being tight i have big f'in head (baseball hat size 7 5/8) l can keep them on for a long time with no issues and sound fantastic

jonedangerousli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonedangerousli

I have a set that I bought from Woot in Sept. I've tried to like them but they are just sitting in the box.
I'd be willing to part with them if you're interested.

SelfGovern

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SelfGovern

Re: Klipsch Noise Canceling Headphones
What is Klipsch Noise, and why would I want to cancel it?

Liberty breeds responsibility

rbivt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rbivt

Do they make any of these with bluetooth? I seem to be able to find either bluetooth headphones or noise canceling headphones but not both in one headphone. Would love to use some of these noise canceling headphones while operating machinery but don't want to the cord to get in the way.

theco2

quality posts: 74 Private Messages theco2
SelfGovern wrote:Re: Klipsch Noise Canceling Headphones
What is Klipsch Noise, and why would I want to cancel it?

Klipsch is the brand. I don't think you want to cancel that.

Read it as "Klipsch, Noise Canceling Headphones," not "Klipsch Noise Canceling, Headphones."

Elljoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elljoy

The reviews are disappointing though. What would you want for them?

glaus25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glaus25

Have owned two pairs of these. The NC switch goes out easily (although they will still function for sound, just not with the NC feature). Klipsch has been great about replacing them. Note they have a new model without the NC feature, but with same housing and a different color (Klipsch Status).

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-STATUS-Over-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B00FIXBZQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388867816&sr=8-1&keywords=Klipsch+status

I wear these primarily on planes. Battery life is good. They can hurt your ears after many hours, but the performance and sound is good. Apple in-line controls work well too.

Owned the QC15s before this, they sound okay (underwhelming highs and lows) but never had a single problem. Overall the Modes sound better, but sound preference is very subjective.

The case for the Modes is also large if you plan to travel with all the accessories.

bluefz1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluefz1
dliidlii wrote:Who wants to pay $30 more than what Woot was selling them for on Dec. 10th?

They were refurbished that had a shorter warranty. For the extra, you get a new pair with a 2 year warranty.

ParadisePete

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ParadisePete
theco2 wrote:Klipsch is the brand. I don't think you want to cancel that.

Read it as "Klipsch, Noise Canceling Headphones," not "Klipsch Noise Canceling, Headphones."

When asked about the chicken, theco2 explained "You see, it wanted to be over here on this side. So obviously it had to cross the road to do that."

vicemagnet

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vicemagnet
rbivt wrote:Do they make any of these with bluetooth? I seem to be able to find either bluetooth headphones or noise canceling headphones but not both in one headphone. Would love to use some of these noise canceling headphones while operating machinery but don't want to the cord to get in the way.

You aren't supposed to use Bluetooth on airplanes in flight, even after the new FAA ruling about phones.

isnus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages isnus
vicemagnet wrote:You aren't supposed to use Bluetooth on airplanes in flight, even after the new FAA ruling about phones.

Hopefully the machinery that they mentioned wasn't a plane...

I have been looking for BT/NC headphones myself and find the same either-or problem. It is frustrating because many advertise themselves as BT/NC but are only noise-isolation and not active NC.

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

Holicrap these make taking care of kids so much nicer.

These are a ridiculously nice value compared to the obvious competition. To say that the Bose is better at noise canceling without mentioning that the Bose, while better, doesn't exactly perform any miracles is imo a disservice; noise canceling technology is mostly about well-sealed earmuffs, regardless of what you buy. Sitting around turning the feature on/off with both the Bose & the Klipsch will leave you underwhelmed at the difference that the technology actually makes. It is the classic shoulder shrugging feature...yeah, it works...a little. Lift the earmuffs off your ear, and you hear a nice difference though.

theco2

quality posts: 74 Private Messages theco2
ParadisePete wrote:When asked about the chicken, theco2 explained "You see, it wanted to be over here on this side. So obviously it had to cross the road to do that."

Well, it did.
And some people need pictures drawn.

MosquitoControl

quality posts: 16 Private Messages MosquitoControl
giolee88 wrote:Holicrap these make taking care of kids so much nicer.

These are a ridiculously nice value compared to the obvious competition. To say that the Bose is better at noise canceling without mentioning that the Bose, while better, doesn't exactly perform any miracles is imo a disservice; noise canceling technology is mostly about well-sealed earmuffs, regardless of what you buy. Sitting around turning the feature on/off with both the Bose & the Klipsch will leave you underwhelmed at the difference that the technology actually makes. It is the classic shoulder shrugging feature...yeah, it works...a little. Lift the earmuffs off your ear, and you hear a nice difference though.

Not on a plane. If you're on a plane, active noise canceling makes a much bigger difference than well-sealed ear cups.

There's no comparison. A good pair of headphones with great active noise cancelation is a lifesaver. Yes, walking down the street it's less true, because you don't have the repetitive droning. But on a plane? Good isolating cups will diminish the drone. Active noise cancelation makes it disappear.

kjack83435

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kjack83435

Bought on 9/30/13. Took them to the office. Found them to be extremely uncomfortable, they fit way too tight. They sound very good so had to be a compromise. Stretched them over the box for 3 days an hit them with a hair dryer on high heat for just a few minutes and now they are good all around. Not as good as Bowers and Wilkins but for the price here they are a bargain.

jamieshan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamieshan

Well, I was excited to get these and was expecting a great sounding set of cans. Unfortunately my noise cancelling switch stopped working after less than an hour of use! Hint: It's not the batteries!

Apparently this is a common issue with some of these. I'm waiting on a resolution through Woot's RMA process. Hopefully I can get them replaced, but a refund would be just fine with me, as I have very little confidence in the replacement set functioning any better.

kristyupton1030

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristyupton1030

Anyone have the noise canceling feature stop working?

jamieshan

kristyupton1030 wrote:Anyone have the noise canceling feature stop working?

Yes! After less than an hour or so of use. Known issue. I googled it.

kristyupton1030

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristyupton1030
jamieshan wrote:Yes! After less than an hour or so of use. Known issue. I googled it.

I'm sending them back to klipsch. Waiting for them to email me back. I called 1800-klipsch.

jamieshan

kristyupton1030 wrote:I'm sending them back to klipsch. Waiting for them to email me back. I called 1800-klipsch.

I figured that since I JUST got them from Woot! they'd make good on their return policy, but up to this point they have been very slow to respond. I get that this is a high volume time of year for them, but we're going on 2 weeks since they were first notified of my issue via their own email process. Very frustrated right now.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jamieshan wrote:I figured that since I JUST got them from Woot! they'd make good on their return policy, but up to this point they have been very slow to respond. I get that this is a high volume time of year for them, but we're going on 2 weeks since they were first notified of my issue via their own email process. Very frustrated right now.

So sorry for the late response; I've passed your info along.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.