WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pearl & Gemstone Mix & Match Sets

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Which is dumb, because who wants pearls and gemstones in their eye? Beauty should be on your finger or possibly your neck or ear. Get with it. Sheesh.

meakyori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meakyori

You know, the blue topaz set is gorgeous, and I wish I could have it just for the ring, but the ring is only a size 7.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that there will never be rings made to fit me unless they are made to fit babies.

I wear a size 3, for those wondering.

toolowd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toolowd

are these earrings really priced EACH?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

toolowd wrote:are these earrings really priced EACH?

I don't think so- which set/sale are you referring to?

blehnert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blehnert

I would like to know why, if it is sterling silver, is it rhodium plated?

strawberrygirl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages strawberrygirl
blehnert wrote:I would like to know why, if it is sterling silver, is it rhodium plated?

Rhodium plating will protect the silver and prevent tarnishing--it's often used in higher quality costume jewelry, although it sometimes is just covering a white metal. It gives a glossier finish than sterling.

limbairedhiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limbairedhiel

I really wanted to get some of these, but considering I still haven't received my last order which shipped in December I can't justify spending $50 on jewelry. Sad because these are all really nice.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

limbairedhiel wrote:I really wanted to get some of these, but considering I still haven't received my last order which shipped in December I can't justify spending $50 on jewelry. Sad because these are all really nice.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your email inquiry.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

izzy5rose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages izzy5rose
meakyori wrote:You know, the blue topaz set is gorgeous, and I wish I could have it just for the ring, but the ring is only a size 7.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that there will never be rings made to fit me unless they are made to fit babies.

I have smaller fingers as well, though not as small as yours (varies from 4.5-5.5 depending on weather and salt intake). I took my last ring to a jewelers and had them put in a fitting instead of resizing. This way I can adjust it however big I want it and it costs less than resizing it. it's the same color as the ring, so you can barely tell it's in if you're just glancing at it. Wearing it you forget its there after a few days. It costs like $14. Might be something to consider

SpeedySloth

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SpeedySloth
meakyori wrote:-snip-

A ring with a motif in the middle can be made to fit you. Easily and relatively cheaply, if you go to a jeweler. You'll have to negotiate the price, keeping in mind that the jeweler is going to keep the gold that is removed from the ring to make it smaller.

A great big (and little, like your fingers) opportunity for you would be to look at antique rings, which are all over the bidding sites, like Etsy or Ebay. Many of those rings are in your size and can't be resized. You should be able to get a gorgeous antique ring for short money, because the market for an adult size 3 ring would be negligible.

I have seen dozens of antique rings in high-karat gold for a fraction of the price of a modern ring in a similar style. Adult women's rings are currently made in a range that's in sizes 5-9 inclusive. That leaves a whole lot of little rings around for you.

SpeedySloth

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SpeedySloth
blehnert wrote:I would like to know why, if it is sterling silver, is it rhodium plated?

Sterling silver is commonly rhodium plated because rhodium doesn't tarnish easily. Rhodium is a precious metal that costs more than platinum, but the amount on each piece of electroplated (or "plated") jewelry is so tiny that it adds almost nothing to the individual cost of the items.

The manufacturers of this jewelry have decided that the small increase in the cost of the rings is more than offset by the increase in retail jewelers who want to sell sterling, but don't like polishing it. Rhodium keeps the jewelry looking good in the selling case before it is sold. After all, no one would buy jewelry that was tarnished, gray and ugly looking. That tiny investment in rhodium keeps the goods looking perfect until they are sold and worn a few times.

jensol123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensol123

I received this today with broken earrings. The earing and the chain was not in a box and it was damaged even though the delivery envelope looks visibly good. It looks very nice though. This is the second consecutive order I am having trouble with damaged pieces. Woot have not resolved my corner table issue yet. Hmm...

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jensol123 wrote:I received this today with broken earrings. The earing and the chain was not in a box and it was damaged even though the delivery envelope looks visibly good. It looks very nice though. This is the second consecutive order I am having trouble with damaged pieces. Woot have not resolved my corner table issue yet. Hmm...

Jeez, sorry you received broken earrings. Please email your order number, user name and situation to support@woot.com for assistance.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jensol123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensol123
manhandsha wrote:Jeez, sorry you received broken earrings. Please email your order number, user name and situation to support@woot.com for assistance.

Emailed it and not received any communications yet. They said they will replace and I am not sure what is the status of the replacement.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

jensol123 wrote:Emailed it and not received any communications yet. They said they will replace and I am not sure what is the status of the replacement.

I'll check in with CS on your replacement.