KingAdrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingAdrock
bigray57 wrote:AGREED!!! $12.99 for ONE SHIRT??? Who cares what name is in/on it. Its the same carp made in Honduras as the stuff I get for $2.00 a shirt in Marshalls/TJ Maxx.

Blank shirts on Woot = $12.99

Shirts with actual design on Shirt Woot = $12

Explain this #%*@.

danfiveoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danfiveoh
KingAdrock wrote:Blank shirts on Woot = $12.99

Explain this #%*@.

Great point! Heck, check out woot sport, they want $19.99-$24.99 for a hammock! All ya need to do is order an XL T-shirt, stretch it between a couple of trees, and you got yourself a $12.99 hammock with a very cool logo!

willyone

quality posts: 27 Private Messages willyone
KingAdrock wrote:Blank shirts on Woot = $12.99

Explain this #%*@.

Woot is probably trying to provide us with good values based on each items quality and the cost for them to manufacture or acquire each. Especially compared to what it would cost us on our own. Have you had a chance to try each of them? If so, what do you think of their overall quality and fit?

willyone

quality posts: 27 Private Messages willyone
danfiveoh wrote:Great point! Heck, check out woot sport, they want $19.99-$24.99 for a hammock! All ya need to do is order an XL T-shirt, stretch it between a couple of trees, and you got yourself a $12.99 hammock with a very cool logo!

Wow, if their shirts quality and build are good enough to support someone in that way they should raise their pricing! At only $12.99, that's a great deal! Especially with a cool logo!

mkreindler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkreindler

Does anybody have any idea what is going on with Woot? I bought a product in early December that was received damaged. Since Dec. 19, I have been trying to get someone at Woot to assist but all support requests go unanswered. Is my only recourse to sue?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mkreindler wrote:Does anybody have any idea what is going on with Woot? I bought a product in early December that was received damaged. Since Dec. 19, I have been trying to get someone at Woot to assist but all support requests go unanswered. Is my only recourse to sue?

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

Arrived today...these are like no other RL t-shirt I've owned before. I had to double-check the tag to make sure they didn't say "Pulo" or something like what you might find at the local "pulga" (flea market).

If the material were any thinner it'd have to be manufactured using carbon nanofiber.

Much disappoint! A pox on you early positive reviewers and kudos to those who saw through their lies...as easily and you can see my nipples through these shirts.

sjp4ut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjp4ut

Wow same here. I had to come to say how extremely disappointed I am in these shirts.

Thin and their dimensions are worse than a $5 tee at Wal-Mart. Nothing like my other Polo shirts.

Hopefully I can return these.

And they had the price as $40.00 retail when one of my shirts said $29.99 suggested MANUFACTURER'S retail. BS!

Samuel Pesek

sjp4ut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjp4ut
stinhoutx wrote:Arrived today...these are like no other RL t-shirt I've owned before. I had to double-check the tag to make sure they didn't say "Pulo" or something like what you might find at the local "pulga" (flea market).

If the material were any thinner it'd have to be manufactured using carbon nanofiber.

Much disappoint! A pox on you early positive reviewers and kudos to those who saw through their lies...as easily and you can see my nipples through these shirts.

Do you think it's possible to return these? I'm not sure how the process is with clothing.

Samuel Pesek

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 131 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

sjp4ut wrote:Do you think it's possible to return these? I'm not sure how the process is with clothing.

I'm sorry, we don't really take anything back. You can see our return policy here.

larsonc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larsonc
stinhoutx wrote:Arrived today...these are like no other RL t-shirt I've owned before. I had to double-check the tag to make sure they didn't say "Pulo" or something like what you might find at the local "pulga" (flea market).

I received mine today as well. I ordered one each of the yellow and white shirts. Both have MSRP stickers of $35.00, not the $40 Woot! advertised. The white one has a "Classic Fit" sticker while the yellow has a "Custom Fit" sticker. Their tags are different and look like they've been sewn in after the fact (the one in the white t-shirt got folded and sewn over itself on one of the corners). And the gray emblem on the yellow shirt looks like a three year old embroidered it on.

Something definitely seems off with these. I'm not saying they aren't better quality than a $5 Wally-world t-shirt and that I won't wear them, but I think we might've been hoodwinked on these.

My girlfriend has previously worked retail in a Ralph Lauren Polo department -- I'll be asking her to investigate these.

UPDATE:

She looked at them for less than 5 seconds and said "oh yeah, that's definitely a knock-off."

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

Hmmm...just realized I paid for this with Amazon Payments which hooks into the A to Z guarantee.

Going to have to mull this over...

Would probably feel differently if I had not ordered eight shirts, given I have been very satisfied and still wear all the blanks I grabbed from an earlier Woot! special.

Update: OK, Woot!, you're off the hook, unless I find one of the shirts grossly mis-sized. My niece lent me some of those pastie-things she wears when she goes clubbing.

chuck7789

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuck7789

Bought two of these the last time they were available...they are junk. Paper thin and one came with holes in it. Woot wouldn't take them back, so they are now relegated to dust cloths. Don't bother if they come up again!

finallyhere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finallyhere

There are HUGE, I wear a large and ordered those, these are much bigger than any other large T I've bought.

jlee08517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlee08517

I purchased 4 medium shirts. 1 white, 1 navy, 1 grey, and 1 yellow. the white one ended up being long-sleeved and the size is probably at least EXTRA LAGRE since it comes below my hip. the navy one came as classic fit which fit me pretty decent. and the yellow and grey were custom fitted and they were at least Large and also the grey shirt was NOT made out of 100% cotton. there were some polyester mixed in it. These shirts are all MASSIVE and not sure if I should try to gamble and shrink them or contact customer service to return them or some sort.

agingdragqueen

Staff

jlee08517 wrote:I purchased 4 medium shirts. 1 white, 1 navy, 1 grey, and 1 yellow. the white one ended up being long-sleeved and the size is probably at least EXTRA LAGRE since it comes below my hip. the navy one came as classic fit which fit me pretty decent. and the yellow and grey were custom fitted and they were at least Large and also the grey shirt was NOT made out of 100% cotton. there were some polyester mixed in it. These shirts are all MASSIVE and not sure if I should try to gamble and shrink them or contact customer service to return them or some sort.

I definitely think it's worth it to email into CS (you can do that here), my caveat is just that we are still backed up :/

badduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badduck

I ordered 3 shirts (white/blue/gray) and I swear they are three different sizes despite all being marked Large. 2 of them I can get away with as sleepwear but the white one must be a boys Large, no chance of it fitting. For 12.99 a shirt I am less than happy.

jvaliani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvaliani
finallyhere wrote:There are HUGE, I wear a large and ordered those, these are much bigger than any other large T I've bought.

I agree, I ordered mediums and they fit me like a parachute in white and yellow. The Navy one seems to be somewhat normal sizing.

agingdragqueen wrote:I definitely think it's worth it to email into CS (you can do that here), my caveat is just that we are still backed up :/

My white one is also long sleeved.

jlee08517

jvaliani wrote:My white one is also long sleeved.

I think it's because the Navy is the only classic fitted shirt. The rest are custom fitted. I have no idea why the sizes are so different between them though.

smirkingchamp1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smirkingchamp1

I ordered 3, 1 yellow, 1 navy and 1 white. Basically junk. The white shirt must be a boys size instead of mens - that's how huge the difference is.

arkimedus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arkimedus

I am questioning the authenticity of these Polo shirts. I bought these shirts and noticed that the tags have stickers over a UPC. I checked the UPC code online and the UPC came back invalid.

Mrojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mrojo

Ordered on the 7th. Says 'shipped' yet the tracking just says 'shipping info received.' I contacted CS, which took 4 business days to reply telling me to wait longer. The last 2 things I've ordered from Woot have now gone lost.

Now I come in here to see that people got their packages... AND within 4 business days of buying... AND were disappointed with them! Might be moving away from Woot for future purchases :/

cltenton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cltenton

Wow Mrojo, pretty similar situation here, except I have yet to hear from CS other than the standard will respond ASAP No Reply email

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cltenton wrote:Wow Mrojo, pretty similar situation here, except I have yet to hear from CS other than the standard will respond ASAP No Reply email

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your email inquiry.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

cltenton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cltenton
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your email inquiry.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

Please cancel this order and issue a refund. I placed this order on the 7th and the FedEx web sites as of 2 minutes ago states, Shipment information sent to FedEx

Mrojo

cltenton wrote:Please cancel this order and issue a refund. I placed this order on the 7th and the FedEx web sites as of 2 minutes ago states, Shipment information sent to FedEx

This is what the Fedex website says for me. A CSR replied to my email with this "There have been some issues with these polo t shirts and our vendor getting them shipped out. Please allow a few more days for it to get sent to you."

Thing is, even though I want a refund, I still really want the shirts. I recently lost a good bit of weight and rebuilding a wardrobe is expensive, especially since I can wear nice clothes because they are more common in my new size.

I'll try and wait a little longer before I request a refund.

citizenamyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citizenamyn

These shirts have to be fake. I bought two for my wife and two for me. She took one look at me and told me they were unacceptable. The shirts are thinner than the t-shirts you buy in bulk (10 for $5).

I realize Ralph Lauren sells differing quality products through different stores and boutiques. This would not be sold by any of them. Someone pulled a fast one over the Woot buyer. Have written CS about the lack of quality control here.

One of the labels had a Polo label marking of Polo Europe while the others were blank. The SRP on them is $35 and not $40. Either way, the quality is indicative of a poor knock-off.

Mrojo

Well they finally shipped after close to a month.

If they turn out to be low quality / fake as many of mentioned, I'll be attempting to request a refund and probably steer away from Woot for stuff like this.

If they are as advertised, they'll be worth the wait! Here's to hoping.

drxo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drxo

1 of the 3 shirts I ordered was ridiculously small, the other two fine and exactly matched the size, build, and quality of 3 of the same shirts I bought at a Polo outlet 10 years ago (yes, those thin things lasted that long). On Jan 19 I submitted a web form for replacement, received the automated reply that it was received (case #CAS-XXX)... and have heard only great sucking sounds, zip bupkis nada. What gives?

So now that Woot has a new overlord, we get poorer selection, higher prices PLUS tax - but no Amazon service to back it up? The term "eviscerated" comes to mind... I was part of a major sales mistake by the old Woot, and while they didn't have the formal, ready-made response like Amazon does to customers, they were fast to respond, explain, and eventually work out a fair solution everyone was perfectly happy with. And the item was only about 30% more expensive than these shirts.

The Doc

agingdragqueen

Staff

drxo wrote:1 of the 3 shirts I ordered was ridiculously small, the other two fine and exactly matched the size, build, and quality of 3 of the same shirts I bought at a Polo outlet 10 years ago (yes, those thin things lasted that long). On Jan 19 I submitted a web form for replacement, received the automated reply that it was received (case #CAS-XXX)... and have heard only great sucking sounds, zip bupkis nada. What gives?

So now that Woot has a new overlord, we get poorer selection, higher prices PLUS tax - but no Amazon service to back it up? The term "eviscerated" comes to mind... I was part of a major sales mistake by the old Woot, and while they didn't have the formal, ready-made response like Amazon does to customers, they were fast to respond, explain, and eventually work out a fair solution everyone was perfectly happy with. And the item was only about 30% more expensive than these shirts.

Sorry for the delay, I'll pass along your info to CS.

drxo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drxo
agingdragqueen wrote:Sorry for the delay, I'll pass along your info to CS.

Thank you - it seems the cage was rattled sufficiently, they're refunding that shirt. Of course, it's the color I wanted most

The Doc

jlee08517

I emailed customer service about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them yet this is ridiculous.CAS-XXX

agingdragqueen

Staff

jlee08517 wrote:I emailed customer service about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them yet this is ridiculous.CAS-XXX

Very sorry about that, I'll speak with our CS team about your order.

Mrojo

Got mine today.

Now sure how I feel about them. The stitching is different on 3 of the 5 I ordered (as in unique to them), there's 3 different types of tag styles. Some have 2 tags, some have one. Some have a MSRP of $35, others are blank, 1 has the paper tag torn off. The stitching of the logo is different among them.

..And they all fit differently and are extremely thin.

devin000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages devin000

I finally received mine in the mail, one yellow, one gray, one black and one white. Gray and yellow are ok; white and black are a joke. Maybe child's large, adult small which are paper thin. They were crappy, and not in a good Woot way. Emailed woot customer support. not expecting much. very disappointing. I wish I had bought these on Amazon. I'd already have a shipping label and someone from UPS on their way to pick them up from my house.

dtcdtcdtc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtcdtcdtc

I bought two shirts. I'm pretty sure they are counterfeit.

The two shirts have different textures, one is slightly larger than the other (though they are both big for a medium), the polo logo is a bit off, the tag on one of the shirts is slightly misprinted.

I have other Polo shirts - they're much better made.

I've emailed woot twice but I never get a response. What can/should I do next?

File a chargeback?

agingdragqueen

Staff

dtcdtcdtc wrote:I bought two shirts. I'm pretty sure they are counterfeit.

The two shirts have different textures, one is slightly larger than the other (though they are both big for a medium), the polo logo is a bit off, the tag on one of the shirts is slightly misprinted.

I have other Polo shirts - they're much better made.

I've emailed woot twice but I never get a response. What can/should I do next?

File a chargeback?

I got your PM- I'll respond to you there.

bl00dsh0t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bl00dsh0t

I bought four of these shirts. Each one of them seems to be a different size. The white shirt and black shirt are both way too small. The blue fits perfectly, and the grey seems to be an XL. The quality of the white is also very poor.

I emailed support on this, but haven't heard back. I'd like to get my money back on the ones that don't fit. Not only did it take nearly a month for them to ship, but with the size and quality differences I'm less than pleased.