zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2906 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Cuisinart 17-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $24 Two-Day OR $27 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Jan 10 to Monday, Jan 13) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

That is NOT the retail price of these. I have the SAME set, bought at Target for $99 markd down from $179ish.
If you overheat these ONCE they are RUINED. If you dont overheat them, the non-stick finish will last about a year. Coated cookware is ridiculous. Stainless, iron, or nothing.

[MOD: There are no Cuisinart sets on the Target site.]

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3530 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

the-cookingpot.com let's hard anodized and nonstick cookware duke it out to see which one is better.

Ffwife007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ffwife007
aoviss wrote:That is NOT the retail price of these. I have the SAME set, bought at Target for $99 markd down from $179ish.
If you overheat these ONCE they are RUINED. If you dont overheat them, the non-stick finish will last about a year. Coated cookware is ridiculous. Stainless, iron, or nothing.

Cuisinart is NOT at brand available at Target. Cuisinart is not a discount brand of cookware and appliances. Buy with confidence; Cuisinart will stand behind their products.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Mmmmmm... PTFE.

Go stainless - keep one 8" PTFE pan for your eggs, and people you disike.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

Trelaina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Trelaina
aoviss wrote:That is NOT the retail price of these. I have the SAME set, bought at Target for $99 markd down from $179ish.

I believe you may be thinking of Calphalon.

kakomu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kakomu
Pufferfishy wrote:Go stainless - keep one 8" PTFE pan for your eggs, and people you disike.

Or, even better, learn to fry an egg without non-stick.

What I found interesting is that I knew how to fry eggs on some copper-base Revereware pans when I was a kid (complete with flip), but non-stick ruined me and I recently had to re-learn on an enameled cast iron when I opted to toss all of my non-stick (well, not all, I still need to replace my non-stick wok).

It's really not too hard to get a good fried egg or three.

candxyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages candxyz

Good pots & pans... I bought a similar set from Groupon last month. But be careful: not recommended for the dishwasher. OTOH, they do hand wash very easily.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma

You should never put any coated or annodized (or maybe any at all for that matter) pot or pan in the dishwasher. I know it's easier but you'll be back here in 6 months telling us how terrible these are because you were too lazy to properly care for your cookware.

Saying stainless or iron only is a bunch of no egg nog from someone trying to pretend to know what they're talking about. I own full sets of all three and they each have their place in the average household. Yes, it's true that professional kitchens don't use them. They also do not have two or three kids running between their legs chasing a dog when they're trying to "correctly" cook food for mouths that won't like it anyway. Sometimes it's not about being professional, or learning to fry an egg the "right" way. It's about getting food on the table and not spending 3 hours to clean the stuck food off of pans that got there because you had to stop your 3 yr old from climbing out the doggy door naked.

If you pay a cheap price for coated cookware you'll get cheap cookware. This is one of those sets. That goes for stainless and cast iron as well. If you want to be happy with whatever you're cooking with stop trying to penny pinch and do your research and get a decent, moderately priced set.

I'd buy my next set one piece at a time before I'd waste money on this.

rascul22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rascul22
CowboyDann wrote:I always have a hard time trusting anything that comes from an account created less than a few hours after a product comes out.

Actually that statement was true. Searching Cuisinart at Target comes back, "We don't carry this brand or item, but here are similar products..." Both Cuisnart and Calphalon offer high end products, including pots and pans. I personally own Calphalon and cannot comment on these.

rascul22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rascul22
nmchapma wrote:You should never put any coated or annodized (or maybe any at all for that matter) pot or pan in the dishwasher. I know it's easier but you'll be back here in 6 months telling us how terrible these are because you were too lazy to properly care for your cookware.

Saying stainless or iron only is a bunch of no egg nog from someone trying to pretend to know what they're talking about. I own full sets of all three and they each have their place in the average household. Yes, it's true that professional kitchens don't use them. They also do not have two or three kids running between their legs chasing a dog when they're trying to "correctly" cook food for mouths that won't like it anyway. Sometimes it's not about being professional, or learning to fry an egg the "right" way. It's about getting food on the table and not spending 3 hours to clean the stuck food off of pans that got there because you had to stop your 3 yr old from climbing out the doggy door naked.

If you pay a cheap price for coated cookware you'll get cheap cookware. This is one of those sets. That goes for stainless and cast iron as well. If you want to be happy with whatever you're cooking with stop trying to penny pinch and do your research and get a decent, moderately priced set.

I'd buy my next set one piece at a time before I'd waste money on this.

I 100% agree. I bit the bullet and finally paid good money for my cookware. After buying cheapo stuff and using it throughout my college years, you can seriously tell the difference! I have the Calphalon Unison set. It'll last you a long time (crossing my fingers that means for forever), and it's completely worth it since it's stuff I use daily. And yes, wash it by hand. There's just no way around it if you want to protect you and your investment.

MrRetro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrRetro

I bought what looks like the same set from Amazon in 2008

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C239I6/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Still have it and use it very often. I did replace the large frying pan as that one got the most use and started to lose the coating.

Back then I paid $129 but it was a special deal at the time as I recall.

eq5150

quality posts: 6 Private Messages eq5150

I have contacted woot support three time regarding my order on 12-15-13. I purchased 2 Roku 2 XS. One works, the other did not. Nobody has even replied. I only got the auto replies. What can be done?

[MOD: I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll email CS to let them know of your concerns. Thank you for your patience. ]

jrishel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrishel

I got these around 2008. I wash them in the dishwasher and the coating is still in good shape.

Dekortage

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Dekortage

I bought the 12-piece equivalent set of these from Woot a month or two ago. The cover photo is identical, actually, and it includes everything in the item list from 8-quart and above.

So far, so good. Heats up fast, cooks well. The instructions suggested that you should cook at slightly lower temperatures because of the cookware's improved conduction. This sounds like marketing baloney to me but these things DO heat up well.

I bought them to replace a similar set of Members Mark cookware that we have had for nearly 10 years. By comparison, the Cuisinart pans are lighter and thinner. Also, the handles on the lids get hotter. Time will tell if this means the Cuisinart pans are junkier, or really are more efficient at conducting heat.

terribletom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terribletom

I bought this exact set from Woot! some time ago. They have performed very well. If I had to make a complaint, it would be that the heavy handles make the two small pans unstable on a gas cooking grate if not positioned well. The non-stick surface is still perfect on every piece. I consider these an excellent buy.

clint17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clint17
Pufferfishy wrote:Mmmmmm... PTFE.

I used to think the same thing, but I've learned that you can easily cook eggs in stainless if you preheat the pan, throw in some butter then the egg.
Works awesome.

bosslady1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bosslady1

I really like this set. My husband bought me one for Christmas and then realized he bought three. He immediately hit the "problem" button and told them. We have sent emails, as they do not have a phone number and we still have no reply. My three arrived, what am I supposed to do with three and we cant reach them?

Sandra Saunders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bosslady1 wrote:I really like this set. My husband bought me one for Christmas and then realized he bought three. He immediately hit the "problem" button and told them. We have sent emails, as they do not have a phone number and we still have no reply. My three arrived, what am I supposed to do with three and we cant reach them?

Sorry for the problem with the order. We release orders within hours so it's pretty impossible to cancel them. You can cancel yourself within the first 15 minutes (there's a link in my signature).

Here's our return policy.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Dempro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dempro

These are not cheap pots and pans... I have those and take them camping... this is a mid-tier quality set. I got this set last month and for this price think its a steal... quality product if you're not ready to drop all clad money yet. Obviously not professional grade, but for someone who wants a set that matches and isn't too heavy to pick up, this set is a killer deal

SavingSista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SavingSista

I wish I'd seen this before the holidays so I could buy it for my mom. She's been dying for a new set.

nelliejane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelliejane

I bought these last year. They are nice, but beware of the frying pans..the handles are heavier than the pans and they tip over easily.

davidetodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidetodd
Pufferfishy wrote:Mmmmmm... PTFE.

Hard-anodized is PTFE free. It's just aluminum that's hardened/polished similarly to stainless steel.

redrotors

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redrotors
davidetodd wrote:Hard-anodized is PTFE free. It's just aluminum that's hardened/polished similarly to stainless steel.

What do you think the "Quantanium Premium nonstick interiors" are made with???

Whitford Corp. which makes/markets "QuanTanium" has a few versions of the coating, one designed to be marketed as PTFE free, that one uses silicon instead, yay, that makes me feel better. Good luck getting a correct and accurate answer out of Cuisinart re which version of the coating they actually coat this set with.

jwen66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwen66

two of the pots/pans arrived with scratches on them. The nonstick coating is clearly damaged due to the scratches. I have filled out two support tickets and have not heard back. Please let me know how to go about returning/exchanging them.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

jwen66 wrote:two of the pots/pans arrived with scratches on them. The nonstick coating is clearly damaged due to the scratches. I have filled out two support tickets and have not heard back. Please let me know how to go about returning/exchanging them.

I'm really sorry about that, I'll check in with CS on your case.