zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Snow Joe 12-Inch 7.5-Amp Electric Snow Thrower
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Jan 15 to Monday, Jan 20) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

lichme

quality posts: 3191 Private Messages lichme

Product Page
Home Depot Reviews
Walmart Reviews

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

This is adorable.

Carnivore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Carnivore

This must be the snow thrower for people who live in San Diego.

Kapil

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Kapil

I live in Chicago. Will this clear the 4' tall snow banks outside my house? What if I buy three of them?

--
www.kapilville.com

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Kapil wrote:I live in Chicago. Will this clear the 4' tall snow banks outside my house? What if I buy three of them?

Well, by the time they arrive, it won't be 4', right? So, I'll vote yes and that you should buy 3.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

blackbirdshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackbirdshadow

Great for that pesky light dusting of snow that you're just too lazy to walk over.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Three people love this (4.7 out of 5.0) over at The O

and

Don't forget, safety first!

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 100 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Kapil wrote:I live in Chicago. Will this clear the 4' tall snow banks outside my house? What if I buy three of them?

Yes it will, although it may take until June to do so. Just plug it in, set it on the snow, and wait.

I don't know.

GURABoy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages GURABoy

How did it get to be April 1 so fast?

theco2

quality posts: 91 Private Messages theco2
thumperchick wrote:This is adorable.

...but worthless, where it actually snows.

shenfield

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shenfield
Carnivore wrote:This must be the snow thrower for people who live in San Diego.

Looks a little wimpy for my Oregon weather

zaren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zaren

I bought one of these years ago from an online store in Georgia, when there wasn't a slow blower to be found here in Michigan. I paid a lot more than this for it.

It really is the worst of all worlds - it's heavier than a regular snow shovel, it doesn't have directional output like a snow blower, you can only go as far as your extension cord will reach, and it doesn't throw far, so you may end up moving the same snow more than once.

Still, after shoveling the driveway and sidewalk by hand for a half hour this week, only to turn around and find all my work covered by fresh snowfall, I was happy to have a powered assist for the second time through... and the third... and the fourth.

thumperchick

theco2 wrote:...but worthless, where it actually snows.

I'm in upstate NY. I guess you could say we get a little snow every now and then.

acanarelli

quality posts: 272 Private Messages acanarelli

My wife bought me a machine very similar to this more than 30 years ago and I still have it hanging in my garage and I use it for light snow falls. It's a Toro Snow Shovel and it's identical to the Snow Joe.

What's great about it is that it works well and it just keeps on working. It's very light weight and easy on your back. Over the years I've picked up a lot of rocks with the machine and the worse that ever happened to the machine was a little plastic chipped off the auger but it just keeps throwing snow.

Nevertheless, this is a small machine and you need to pick your snowstorms with it. If the snow gets much deeper than 5 or 6 inches, you just need a bigger gun. Where I live, however, we get mostly light snow falls which are well within the range of this machine. Every once in a while we get a MONSTER storm which completely out classes the small snow thrower.

wootdougwoot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootdougwoot
blackbirdshadow wrote:Great for that pesky light dusting of snow that you're just too lazy to walk over.

Ah, these are the kind of comments that cause me reminisce on the the good'ol days of woot classic...

"Sniffle"

Has anyone seen my velociraptor?

gadawg12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gadawg12

Is it just me, or does "electric" and "frozen water" sound like a dangerous pair??

thumperchick

gadawg12 wrote:Is it just me, or does "electric" and "frozen water" sound like a dangerous pair??

Yes and no, we still put up Christmas lights... with extension cords and plugs, etc. Even in the snow.

craigthom

quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom

Is this for those people who say they don't need an ice scraper because they can just use a credit card?

Milquetoast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Milquetoast

We don't get any of this "electric snow" in Indiana, so I don't think I need this.

mtka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtka

I'm trying to think of other things this might be useful for, because in MN, it sure won't be much good for snow. Will it shred my leaves in the fall? Maybe weed my garden, like a weed whacker? Maybe it blows enough air to be a fire starter. Or a spice chopper. Keep thinking, Wooters, like in cooking, everything is a potential ingredient. Every tool has another use, other than what it was designed for. And probably a better one.

mtka

mtka wrote:I'm trying to think of other things this might be useful for, because in MN, it sure won't be much good for snow. Will it shred my leaves in the fall? Maybe weed my garden, like a weed whacker? Maybe it blows enough air to be a fire starter. Or a spice chopper. Keep thinking, Wooters, like in cooking, everything is a potential ingredient. Every tool has another use, other than what it was designed for. And probably a better one.

I got it! If you ran it over piles of BB's it would be a heck of a weapon against squirrels and raccons.

spektator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spektator

I still have mine--or what's left of it. It lasted about 25 minutes.

Works great as long as you have pure virgin snow. They don't take any abuse at all.

9 OUT OF TEN OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO GO HOME AND CLEAN MY GUNS AND YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS THEY ONLY TALK TO ME.
46 WOOTS,
80+ items, FINALLY 1 BUCKED OFF COWGIRL!!!!

mtka

spektator wrote:I still have mine--or what's left of it. It lasted about 25 minutes.

Works great as long as you have pure virgin snow. They don't take any abuse at all.

Yeah, pure virgin whatevers. Snow White was the last one, not many left up here.

bigfrank

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bigfrank

The people who know snow blowers ratted this one a C+ which is not that great.http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Snow-Joe-322P-Snow-Thrower/p3338.html?preferred_placement=1 But for what Woot is selling it for you are not getting better for $50. I bought both a large snow blower and a snow shovel close to this one only with more power and it worked great but it is heaver than this one and I paid double this price go to the bottom of the page http://amerisuninc.com/products.php?sub=1

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

mainetti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mainetti

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

whew!
good one.

dhandelsman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhandelsman

Can i charge this off my USB port?

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

Y'know, this could actually be useful, even though I live in snow country. Part of my HOA's service is to clear any snowfall over 2", so I wouldn't use it after most snows. But, after those little overnight snowfalls of an inch or so, it could make short work of my front walk and a path to the mailbox. Just enough to help keep from dragging that much snow into the house.

Hmmmmmm...

godlover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godlover

Bought the same thing yesterday on clearance from Menards yesterday plus I get an 11% rebate. Plan to use it on my back deck and for $49 I don't think I could go wrong.

acanarelli

mtka wrote:I'm trying to think of other things this might be useful for, because in MN, it sure won't be much good for snow. Will it shred my leaves in the fall? Maybe weed my garden, like a weed whacker? Maybe it blows enough air to be a fire starter. Or a spice chopper. Keep thinking, Wooters, like in cooking, everything is a potential ingredient. Every tool has another use, other than what it was designed for. And probably a better one.

No, it will not shred your leaves in the fall, but if you leave your leaves where they are in the fall, you can come back after the first snowfall and let the machine throw snow and leaves into your neighbor's yard. No one will ever know the difference...except your neighbor. Finally, in a pinch you can use it as a stand in trolling motor when you go fishing.

vgatorman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vgatorman

We live in Florida...will this throw beach sand?

VIDEOSENSATIONS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages VIDEOSENSATIONS

this is what we call a florida snowblower laughable here in wisconsin

dtking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtking

I'm from MN and I laughed out loud when I saw this electric tooth brush being advertised for snow removal.

God invented the broom for what this device claims to do.

I love Woot, but this deal is dumb beyond belief.

digitsis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digitsis

A good snow shovel would do the same job just as well or better. My 80 year old mother in law (lives in Canada- she knows snow)likes to go out and shovel and sweep her patio for the exercise. She will like this.

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

I already have a broom. Why would I need this?

sxcballz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sxcballz

I'm thinking of purchasing this for my 75 & 80 year old parents who experience snow falls of 2-4 inches a couple times during the winter... when using the thrower, does it "assist" the individual with pushing it? (similar to the effect when vacuuming with a motorized brush on carpet)

acanarelli

dtking wrote:I'm from MN and I laughed out loud when I saw this electric tooth brush being advertised for snow removal.

God invented the broom for what this device claims to do.

I love Woot, but this deal is dumb beyond belief.

It's not dumb if you live in NJ as I do. So far this season, we've had 4 snowfalls (actually more than that but I'm not counting the 2 inch falls that melt before noon) and all of them amounted to light snowfalls of 4 to 5 inches or less. Why take out the heavy gas thrower when this little lightweight will do the job? You really should move to NJ...no crowds, no crime, no taxes and no unemployment. On top of that, it often rains silver dollars. It's Camelot here!

martycat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martycat

I also bought the Toro version of this many years ago. The problem with this is that it throws the snow right in front of you, so you're moving the same snow, which is getting deeper and deeper, several times until you reach the end of the driveway. I found that for the same effort it takes to use this, you're better off just using a shovel.

mlewie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlewie

I would buy this for those areas where using my full sized snowblower is difficult such as the front walkway, the porch/steps, and the deck. For those suggesting that a regular shovel would work just as well, my cardiologist disagrees.