WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle Sport Action Cameras

So you're all like I CAN'T BE EXPECTED TO DESCRIBE MY ACTIONS TO PEOPLE I'M TOO EXTREME!! Well, you're right. That's why we have these cameras. Now you can just go and do great things and hand other people the footage and stop wasting your time explaining. EXPLAINING IS NOT EXTREME!!!

dhaulsee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhaulsee

Anyone know the depth rating on these? Wondering if they are appropriate for scuba.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dhaulsee wrote:Anyone know the depth rating on these? Wondering if they are appropriate for scuba.

Buried (literally) in the specs for the ones showing the case in the main pic:

Includes Waterproof/Shockproof Case (up to 9 feet)

I would figure it's the same for the others.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

znuss6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages znuss6

Does anyone know the battery life for this camera?

lumprules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lumprules
znuss6 wrote:Does anyone know the battery life for this camera?

it says over two hours

rntonp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rntonp

I purchased both an action camera (waterproof pink mini) and the bullet camera recently, and can't seem to get either one to turn on, respond, or even show up on screen when plugged in via usb charger. WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES? ! I need to return these. Yes, I followed directions.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
rntonp wrote:I purchased both an action camera (waterproof pink mini) and the bullet camera recently, and can't seem to get either one to turn on, respond, or even show up on screen when plugged in via usb charger. WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES? ! I need to return these. Yes, I followed directions.

that's the way these pyle units are meant to be, which is that they don't work.

glubash

quality posts: 11 Private Messages glubash

The photo-shopped race car camera image needs some more work.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
rntonp wrote:I purchased both an action camera (waterproof pink mini) and the bullet camera recently, and can't seem to get either one to turn on, respond, or even show up on screen when plugged in via usb charger. WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES? ! I need to return these. Yes, I followed directions.

You get what you pay for...except some times you don't.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

Kerig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Kerig
glubash wrote:The photo-shopped race car camera image needs some more work.

You mean like make the road stripes on the camera's image to actually match the color & pattern of the race car's?

They didn't even try...

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

lol the fighter pilot

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Have you contacted Pyle for warranty service? They should be able to assist you.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

Epic! LOL

radi0j0hn wrote:You get what you pay for...except some times you don't.

bgbbmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgbbmm
glubash wrote:The photo-shopped race car camera image needs some more work.

+1

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
johnt007871 wrote:lol the fighter pilot

HA... i almost snorted my milk after I saw that picture.

Truly, Pyle is the Invicta of action cams!

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

bgbbmm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgbbmm
weeag wrote:User review here: http://www.pointsmatter.com/forum/page/articles.html/_/articles/pyle-pschd30-sport-camera-review-r34

Be aware that this review is for the PSCHD30, and the ones for sale on woot are the PSCHD60 model. I don't know how this affects the criticisms made about manufacture quality and video quality, but definitely disregard the price mentioned in the review.

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91

I see no mention of the weight of these things? I'm wondering about using it with a quadcopter.

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

weeag

quality posts: 4 Private Messages weeag
bgbbmm wrote:Be aware that this review is for the PSCHD30, and the ones for sale on woot are the PSCHD60 model. I don't know how this affects the criticisms made about manufacture quality and video quality, but definitely disregard the price mentioned in the review.

The woot! sale includes both the 720p (PSCHD30) and 1080p (PSCHD60) versions, the review is for the 720p version.

jdiggidy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jdiggidy

This camera is terrible. A few weeks back I wrote a lengthy review here on Woot and transferred it to Amazon as well. Since then, I've tried to take it out twice more to the snowboarding hill....
And it wouldn't turn on (AGAIN!) one time, and the other time the handlebar mount (per my earlier review, the ONLY mount worth a hoot) snapped at the angle adjustment point.

This thing is still pretty terrible. :-|

Don't Panic.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Has anyone been to an electronics trade-show? I mean the ones where unbranded items are on display, waiting to be bought and printed with some brand-name?

This is not the same as a company that manufactures an item and stands behind it and understands how it is supposed to work and has parts for it.

I am surprised Woot doesn't have it's own brand of products.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
radi0j0hn wrote:Has anyone been to an electronics trade-show? I mean the ones where unbranded items are on display, waiting to be bought and printed with some brand-name?

This is not the same as a company that manufactures an item and stands behind it and understands how it is supposed to work and has parts for it.

I am surprised Woot doesn't have it's own brand of products.

Have you ever seen a Woot Monkey?

lacotomo

lacotomo wrote:Have you ever seen a Woot Monkey?

Or wine woot offerings?

lacotomo

lacotomo wrote:Or wine woot offerings?

Or me replying to my own reply? :0

wkstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkstar

Goto Youtube,,put -Techmoan- in the search box. He reviews all the Action Cameras
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9AE23A7F0C9FDC91

srozell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srozell

ok only I got one of these and have only used it once. I used it in an indoor setting with lower lighting levels and outside where the lighting was good. It is horrid if the lighting levels are low. If the lighting is good it appears to be ok but not great. Video may not be the smoothest. overall for the price and if used outside it is ok. Mounting hardware - maybe ok but clunky.

aaronjosephward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronjosephward

The low end Pyle cameras look exactly like this other cheap action camera
http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Telecom-Emerson-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00AGMWWMG

I'm pretty sure this is a made in China reference design and you'll be seeing it from other manufacturers.

I bought the Emerson one from Walgreens on clearance. It's about what you would expect for $40, but the waterproof case is nice.

sweet

bigscigeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigscigeek

The 720p version of this camera appears to be the same case manufacture as the Gear Pro 720P HD. I purchased two of these from Woot a couple of months back. the first one was attached to the front of my surfboard and filled with water in less than 5 min.

I was more cautious with the second one and was able to take it snorkeling a couple of times. however the first time i plugged it into my computer it erased all the data on the SD card, all the video was lost.

I would not recommend purchasing these. If you do get one i would also purchase a large bag of rice to dry it in.

timwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timwooter

Anyone notice that the cameras are photoshopped onto the skydivers, but not in the frame of the camera itself?

tjtheman007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjtheman007

I bought this camera (the 1080p version) the day after Thanksgiving at Menards for $49.99. They currently have them for sale at local Menards for between $54.99-$59.99.

The brand on the one at Menards is Sharper Image, but it is the EXACT SAME CAMERA. Even the enclosure is the same.

http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/electronics/small-electronics/sharper-image-1080p-action-camera/p-2181623-c-6299.htm

Now, I have used the 1080p version, I have to say, the frame rate is less then acceptable. I was getting maybe 9-10 fps... ideally on a camera like this you want to get the standard 30 fps... nope.

To add to is, the file format it saves it as is HORIBLE to work with!!!

Honestly, I would recommend getting a Go-Pro... the frustration of these just isn’t worth the cheap price.

Just my $0.02 though.

cmille23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmille23
dhaulsee wrote:Anyone know the depth rating on these? Wondering if they are appropriate for scuba.

Up to 3 meters per the Pyle website.

http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/GDV285BK/Gear-Pro-HD-1080P-Action-Camera-Hi-Res-Digital-CameraCamcorder-with-Full-HD-Video,-120-Mega-Pixel-Camera-and-24-Touch-Screen-(Black-Color)

BenzionElectronicTech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BenzionElectronicTech

Hello I am an Electronic Engineering Tech with Pyle Support. I am here 5 days a week to trouble shoot any issues that you may be experiencing. 718-535-1800 ext: 279 Your camera has a full one year warranty that Pyle backs to the fullest, so if we are unable to find a solution to your problem we will repair or replace you unit making sure you get a working device. Please send it in to Pyle Service Center, 1600 63rd St, Brooklyn NY 11204, along with a letter explaining the issue, including your return shipping information, and the receipt of purchase or customer invoice.
Thank you Benzion

BenzionElectronicTech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BenzionElectronicTech
bigscigeek wrote:The 720p version of this camera appears to be the same case manufacture as the Gear Pro 720P HD. I purchased two of these from Woot a couple of months back. the first one was attached to the front of my surfboard and filled with water in less than 5 min.

I was more cautious with the second one and was able to take it snorkeling a couple of times. however the first time i plugged it into my computer it erased all the data on the SD card, all the video was lost.

I would not recommend purchasing these. If you do get one i would also purchase a large bag of rice to dry it in.

Rice works but I would use the stay dry inserts that come in some electronic device packaging. But I am an Electronic Engineering Tech with Pyle Support. I have personally tested the plastic waterproof case that comes with these cameras. They are good if all the rubber seals are in-tacked. You may have had a faulty seal. As far as erasing data plugged into your computer, that could only happen if you formatted or made an error with your computer. I am here 5 days a week to trouble shoot any issues that you may be experiencing. 718-535-1800 ext: 279 Your camera has a full one year warranty that Pyle backs to the fullest, so if we are unable to find a solution to your problem we will repair or replace you unit making sure you get a working device. Please send it in to Pyle Service Center, 1600 63rd St, Brooklyn NY 11204, along with a letter explaining the issue, including your return shipping information, and the receipt of purchase or customer invoice.
Thank you Benzion

00SE7EN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 00SE7EN

My files on my Pyle PSCHD30 keeps deleting
It's self. I plugged it into my laptop and it deleted my files. Do I need to save them before I attempt to upload? Please help....

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

00SE7EN wrote:My files on my Pyle PSCHD30 keeps deleting
It's self. I plugged it into my laptop and it deleted my files. Do I need to save them before I attempt to upload? Please help....

Hey there, your best bet may be talking with Pyle, you can contact them here.