joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
lawhopes wrote:Sooo, will there be more graphics throughout the night? Or was this it?

Sorry folks, just called Woot headquarters earlier and they said there won't be another one until about noon tomorrow.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

koonced

quality posts: 1 Private Messages koonced

Looks like the banner is gone. So, that's it for a while.

Goldsea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Goldsea

Poughkeepsie? really, Woot, Poughkeepsie?

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Thanks for making my all-nighter craptastic!

tempesto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempesto

Well, found what I came here for. Looks like I get a Barrage Of Condolences for my birthday. Now time for some sleep -_-.

unfamousloser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unfamousloser

I'm sure the later-in-the-day crowd will have a tougher go of it, but I whiffed three times (typed the url wrong once) and still was able to get one.

Never thought I'd see the day I'd have that much time on a Bug-eyed Organic Creature.

cymbalmonkey

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cymbalmonkey

Already batting 0, but now I've got something to keep me busy for the rest of the day after having gotten my wisdom teeth yanked yesterday.

First bag in five years would be pretty darn awesome. Fingers crossed.

If not, at least I've got chocolate pudding. Which is kind of even more amazing at the moment.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

TypeOholic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TypeOholic

The Shill Game banner popped up when there was less than 20% left on the "Etón BoostTurbine 2000 Backup Battery" so it does not necessarily show up when a new item is posted. That might keep the competition down since some people will look for it when they get notification of a new item. I carted mine and got the order in just as the next item popped up. I refreshed the URL and it was sold out.

F5 FTBOCW! Good luck!

9X

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

How many different Bag of Crap offerings have they had so far?

For the current set of URLs, none of them take me to a sold out Bag of Crap. Am I typing one of them in incorrectly? Two of them take me to Game Over pages. One takes me to a Poughkeepsie Journal news story.

Thanks in advance!

steelersluver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steelersluver

None of the links seem to work on the one up now.

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

Ahhhhh, work is going to mess up my Woot playing. Hopefully, I'll be able to snag one this evening.

Good luck everybody.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
renrutnairbwoot wrote:How many different Bag of Crap offerings have they had so far?

For the current set of URLs, none of them take me to a sold out Bag of Crap. Am I typing one of them in incorrectly? Two of them take me to Game Over pages. One takes me to a Poughkeepsie Journal news story.

Thanks in advance!

2 offerings so far.

You probably think there is a lower case L at the near end of one link, it's a Capital i.

renrutnairbwoot

thumperchick wrote:2 offerings so far.

You probably think there is a lower case L at the near end of one link, it's a Capital i.

That was it. Thanks! It was bit.ly/1a353Ix instead of bit.ly/1a353lx.

carolinaoutdoorconcepts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carolinaoutdoorconcepts

Chances are the bags will show-up this afternoon

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Interesting. Not sure I am even going to try. I've already determined I'm too slow, and with my slow computer to top it off, I don't know. But, it certainly is an interesting way to do it this time around....

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

Wow...I tried middle, left, then right and finally got it. Even typed it wrong a couple times and had to re-login. Sold out right after I got confirmation. Boom!

Edit:
Sale Page

Crap Page

renrutnairbwoot

Dang! Missed it again! Wasn't paying attention close enough.

FrostByte

quality posts: 17 Private Messages FrostByte

Woo hoo... got one too.

It's weird though, when I follow the link from my order and click on sales stats it shows that bdude2 was the first and last wooter to woot.

I can't wait to get mine, but I also hope that this comes with another cool little graphic in the sig line

special72

quality posts: 5 Private Messages special72

I was for sure I was too slow since I mistyped that blasted lower case L...and then it was in my cart...and then it was sold out...

Today is going to be a roller coaster of emotion.

Thanks woot.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 22 Private Messages BelyndaG

Got right on it, retyped each several times to double check, but I must have done something wrong. Just kept getting "This page can't be displayed." I at least want to see the "Sold Out" message to be sure I'm typing it in correctly. (sigh) Leaving for a meeting in a while so I'll probably miss any more opportunities. Ah, well. Good luck to the rest of you and congrats to those who score one!

jc7676

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jc7676
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Dang! Missed it again! Wasn't paying attention close enough.

I tried to enter the right one and somehow ended up at a german web conference site. Womp womp.

jparkzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jparkzz

Got one!!!

bolashoof

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bolashoof

Wowzers! Got one! Been a while...

I celebrated almost as much as when my Seminoles claimed the national title last week. Almost.

Will this be the official crap thread?

spawan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spawan
jc7676 wrote:I tried to enter the right one and somehow ended up at a german web conference site. Womp womp.

Same here. What's going on?

bsmith1

bolashoof wrote:

I vote yes. Let's keep the discussion and future crap postings here.

rjanecek2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rjanecek2
spawan wrote:Same here. What's going on?

It was a lower case L not an upper case I.

FrostByte

quality posts: 17 Private Messages FrostByte
bolashoof wrote:Wowzers! Got one! Been a while...

I celebrated almost as much as when my Seminoles claimed the national title last week. Almost.

I celebrated almost as much as when my Spartans won the Rose Bowl. Almost.

Also, I'm hoping this is the official thread, at least I plan on coming back here to post what I got!

bsmith1

spawan wrote:Same here. What's going on?

Capital I vs lowercase L?
I vs l

CatCK

quality posts: 52 Private Messages CatCK

I have a question:

The writeup says, "... which is exactly why we're filling our beloved Bags o' Crap with 50 Rokus". Does that mean there will be 50 Bungled Original Communicator offered?

bolashoof

CatCK wrote:I have a question:

The writeup says, "... which is exactly why we're filling our beloved Bags o' Crap with 50 Rokus". Does that mean there will be 50 Bungled Original Communicator offered?

Yeah, seems like they'll be throwing Rokus in the bags. I wonder how many bags will be sold?

Edit: I replied without letting your comment fully settle in my brain. What I should have said was "ditto".

dukiedawg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dukiedawg
CatCK wrote:I have a question:

My assumption would be 50 Rokus divvy'd out amongst the total number of Bungled Original Communicator. Thankfully I got just got one (says I'm the last wooter) after 2 bad URL tries.

spawan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spawan
bsmith1 wrote:Capital I vs lowercase L?
I vs l

What are the odds of 1 taking you to a random website haha. BTW can you click the links or have to manually type it? I can click it now, which takes me to woot.com/woot.com but I guess it was not like that before

swifijon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon

Doh! I checked right before I got in the shower. Of course they released it when I was in the shower. Oh well.

bsmith1

spawan wrote:What are the odds of 1 taking you to a random website haha. BTW can you click the links or have to manually type it? I can click it now, which takes me to woot.com/woot.com but I guess it was not like that before

No, the bit.ly links will not be clickable as they are part of the same image. The image itself is just a clickable link to the main page.

bolashoof

spawan wrote:What are the odds of 1 taking you to a random website haha. BTW can you click the links or have to manually type it? I can click it now, which takes me to woot.com/woot.com but I guess it was not like that before

You have to type in the address. Ensures a live person/thing is getting the goods.

ytsemaddy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ytsemaddy

Apparently just missed the Crap again, but amusingly enough, if you mistake the Crappy "l" for an uppercase "I" you get a German web meeting site...

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Am I crazy or was the game not there when the TV first came up??? I just happened to refresh to see if it was on its way to selling out and it was magically there. WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES???

Insert signature here.

dukiedawg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dukiedawg
jsh139 wrote:Am I crazy or was the game not there when the TV first came up??? I just happened to refresh to see if it was on its way to selling out and it was magically there. WHAT?! MORE TRIBBLES???

You're not crazy, it wasn't there initially for me either. Noticed it after a refresh as well.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
special72 wrote:I was for sure I was too slow since I mistyped that blasted lower case L...and then it was in my cart...and then it was sold out...

Today is going to be a roller coaster of emotion.

Thanks woot.

Oh the places you'll go if you don't figure out
That of a lower case "L" there can be no doubt.

Why you might end up trying to log into a webinar in a distant land,
Or a spanish website selling shoes with a "swoosh" for the brand.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home