jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139
dukiedawg wrote:You're not crazy, it wasn't there initially for me either. Noticed it after a refresh as well.



I guess that's somewhat comforting. But, also a little sketchy. So, does that mean that the game can just pop up at completely random times? I'm hoping this one was just a glitch.

Insert signature here.

CatCK


quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
jsh139 wrote:I guess that's somewhat comforting. But, also a little sketchy. So, does that mean that the game can just pop up at completely random times? I'm hoping this one was just a glitch.



Nope, not a glitch. Someone posted earlier that the game showed up towards the end of a Woot offering.

lichme


quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme
jsh139 wrote:I guess that's somewhat comforting. But, also a little sketchy. So, does that mean that the game can just pop up at completely random times? I'm hoping this one was just a glitch.



These are not attached to specific sales, but to the main page, which means that they will appear at random.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

CatCK wrote:I have a question:

The writeup says, "... which is exactly why we're filling our beloved Bags o' Crap with 50 Rokus". Does that mean there will be 50 Bungled Original Communicator offered?



Many more, I'm not actually sure how many, but the Rokus will be spaced out within 'em.


clhug


quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug
jsh139 wrote:I guess that's somewhat comforting. But, also a little sketchy. So, does that mean that the game can just pop up at completely random times? I'm hoping this one was just a glitch.



Yeah, I'm kind of ticked off myself. I'm noticing some people are saying they got one about 45 minutes ago. It only JUST showed up for me like 5 minutes ago. I was refreshing regularly during the Visio 22" TV, all the way down to it being sold out, and never saw the shill game. It stayed sold out for several minutes, and when the Samsung Blu-ray player finally came up, that then had the shill game graphic on it. Seems VERY sketchy to me.

And I also mistyped the upper case "i" vs. lower case "L" and got the German conference site.

ceagee


quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
spawan wrote:Same here. What's going on?



Me too. But it's not German, it's Swedish or some other country like that.



marceepauff


quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
clhug wrote:Yeah, I'm kind of ticked off myself. I'm noticing some people are saying they got one about 45 minutes ago. It only JUST showed up for me like 5 minutes ago. I was refreshing regularly during the Visio 22" TV, all the way down to it being sold out, and never saw the shill game. It stayed sold out for several minutes, and when the Samsung Blu-ray player finally came up, that then had the shill game graphic on it. Seems VERY sketchy to me.

And I also mistyped the "I" vs. lower case "L" and got the German conference site.



But on the bright side, YOU GOT THE GERMAIN CONFERENCE SITE!!!

For sale: $12/Free Shipping

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Woohoo! Got one. I mistyped that O as 0 at first.

Insert signature here.

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

I have been on the hunt for the best Woot! tracker.

The ideal requirements are:
-Option to track all the woots that have a woot off going on at once
-Sound notification when a new product launches
-Auto agBay Ofay apCray buying is always a neat feature

Anyone have one that works, is stable, and meets those requirements?

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139
jsh139 wrote:Woohoo! Got one. I mistyped that O as 0 at first.



Oh, and Yay! I got First Sucker, too.

Insert signature here.

jsh139


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139
mibutterflywingz wrote:I have been on the hunt for the best Woot! tracker.

The ideal requirements are:
-Option to track all the woots that have a woot off going on at once
-Sound notification when a new product launches
-Auto agBay Ofay apCray buying is always a neat feature

Anyone have one that works, is stable, and meets those requirements?



I've been using wootstalker.com lately.

Insert signature here.

spawan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages spawan

You guys are too fast. I haven't been on any other page for past 1 hr but woot and yet still Sold out.

JesterPester


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JesterPester

Score! Thought I would be SOL on a Bungled Original Communicator today but that appears not to be the case. Now to stalk the mailbox.

clhug


quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug
jsh139 wrote:Woohoo! Got one. I mistyped that O as 0 at first.



Crap! (No pun intended.) I wasn't expecting another one so soon! I wasn't refereshing.

mariod


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mariod

I mistyped that O as 0; sold out.

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
jsh139 wrote:I've been using wootstalker.com lately.



I'll send you a PM.

virtualme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages virtualme

Sure, use a letter O. I thought it was a zero and missed out.

wcoyote1025


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcoyote1025

I've been trying for 5 years, and I finally got my first Bungled Original Communicator

thumperchick


quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick
mibutterflywingz wrote:I have been on the hunt for the best Woot! tracker.

The ideal requirements are:
-Option to track all the woots that have a woot off going on at once
-Sound notification when a new product launches
-Auto agBay Ofay apCray buying is always a neat feature

Anyone have one that works, is stable, and meets those requirements?



Click the link in my signature for wootstalker and check it out.

lichme


quality posts: 2734 Private Messages lichme
mibutterflywingz wrote:I have been on the hunt for the best Woot! tracker.

The ideal requirements are:
-Option to track all the woots that have a woot off going on at once
-Sound notification when a new product launches
-Auto agBay Ofay apCray buying is always a neat feature

Anyone have one that works, is stable, and meets those requirements?



Hi there! I too have been using WootStalker, mainly because I created it and it is awesome. Lemme know if you have any questions, or suggestions.

swifijon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon
ncharneski wrote:I have scored back to back Bug-eyed Organic Creatures! I'm on a hot streak!



Umm... you'll probably have one canceled. One per week buddy.

mibutterflywingz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
lichme wrote:Hi there! I too have been using WootStalker, mainly because I created it and it is awesome. Lemme know if you have any questions, or suggestions.



Sending a PM

swifijon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon

Man... worst luck. First missing it because I was in the shower. Missed the next because the train was late so I got into work 5 minutes after it posted.

lola22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lola22

Does the graphic stay up all the time and the URLs just change? It's been up for a while with the same SOLD OUT one.

garrettwheat


quality posts: 3 Private Messages garrettwheat

Call me crazy, but is there a game to play or just a link to follow?

clhug


quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug
garrettwheat wrote:Call me crazy, but is there a game to play or just a link to follow?



Just a link to follow. But they post 3 different links, only one of which is actually the Bungled Original Communicator The other two just go to pages with a graphics that says "Game Over".

regroeg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages regroeg

I tried the correct link several times and got a no such site page. Just now I tried it a few more times and the page finally worked.
Sold out of course.
I


agingdragqueen


quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

garrettwheat wrote:Call me crazy, but is there a game to play or just a link to follow?



Basically, just a link, it's WHICH LINK that becomes the THRILLING GAME!


clhug


quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug
regroeg wrote:I tried the correct link several times and got a no such site page. Just now I tried it a few more times and the page finally worked.
Sold out of course.
I



Did you mistype the "oh" at the end for a zero? I did that originally too and got the invalid page. Finally tried a zero and got it, but sold out by then.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

lola22 wrote:Does the graphic stay up all the time and the URLs just change? It's been up for a while with the same SOLD OUT one.



Graphic will likely stay up longer than the Bungled Original Communicator is available. There should be clear times with no graphic before a new graphic is added.


agingdragqueen


quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

swifijon wrote:Umm... you'll probably have one canceled. One per week buddy.



Indeed! It just makes it easier to look out for 'em when they pop into the forum to brag.


agingdragqueen


quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

clhug wrote:Yeah, I'm kind of ticked off myself. I'm noticing some people are saying they got one about 45 minutes ago. It only JUST showed up for me like 5 minutes ago. I was refreshing regularly during the Visio 22" TV, all the way down to it being sold out, and never saw the shill game. It stayed sold out for several minutes, and when the Samsung Blu-ray player finally came up, that then had the shill game graphic on it. Seems VERY sketchy to me.



So, I've been asking and I'm not sure why you wouldn't see the spotlight when we put it up- make sure you don't have an ad blocker installed? We're definitely not trying to be "sketchy" about it, but they will be going up at random times.


EAGLESW00T


quality posts: 2 Private Messages EAGLESW00T

Still on an 0-fer.

Im guessing I type too slow. That, and recognizing the difference between characters isnt helping.

Ive been trying to score one for about 5 or 6 years now. Its getting frustrating lol

lstaff


quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Didn't get a Bug-eyed Organic Creature, but i did mistype and got to an overseas pharmacy that will allow me to buy Viagra.

I think.

JesterPester


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JesterPester
EAGLESW00T wrote:Still on an 0-fer.



Are you sure you are 0-fer and not O-fer? ;)

alan14225


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alan14225

How many have there been now?

bolashoof


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bolashoof
lstaff wrote:Didn't get a Bug-eyed Organic Creature, but i did mistype and got to an overseas pharmacy that will allow me to buy Viagra.

I think.



You'll know for sure when your package arrives!

cfalgas


quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfalgas
agingdragqueen wrote:Indeed! It just makes it easier to look out for 'em when they pop into the forum to brag.



I can't be sure, but I think the original poster meant that they managed to get one this time (today) and the last time they were offered (several weeks ago).

lola22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lola22
agingdragqueen wrote:Graphic will likely stay up longer than the Bungled Original Communicator is available. There should be clear times with no graphic before a new graphic is added.



Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I was just worried I should keep typing in the same URLs to see if they'd suddenly become viable.

Edited because WHOA EXCLAMATION POINTS. I am not feeling as lively as my fingers are, apparently.

EAGLESW00T


quality posts: 2 Private Messages EAGLESW00T
JesterPester wrote:Are you sure you are 0-fer and not O-fer? ;)



No, I cant say that I am :p

These bit.ly links are killing me, lol. All Christmas long they were taunting me, hah