clhug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug
agingdragqueen wrote:So, I've been asking and I'm not sure why you wouldn't see the spotlight when we put it up- make sure you don't have an ad blocker installed? We're definitely not trying to be "sketchy" about it, but they will be going up at random times.

Thanks for checking. No, I don't have any ad blockers. Everything else on the page refreshed just fine, the percentage dropped periodically, and the "I want one" changed to "Sold out" when the Verzion TV was gone. It's just the shill game graphic never appeared until way later than it was apparently posted to the site. Oh well...

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch

YAY! I walked into my office, refreshed and happened to catch the image. I think this one may finally make it easier for the average person.

THREE IMPORTANT THINGS:
1) If you don't get a Game Over graphic, you mistyped.
2) If you mistyped, lower case 'L' and uppercase 'I' are often mixed up as are '0' (zero) and uppercase letter 'o'.
3) While you shouldn't lollygag, make sure you type everything in right. There are three urls, and who knows how many possible typos. I think this is why I managed to get one.

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

lisanorris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisanorris

What can I say...I love you guys/gals.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

lola22 wrote:Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I was just worried I should keep typing in the same URLs to see if they'd suddenly become viable.

Edited because WHOA EXCLAMATION POINTS. I am not feeling as lively as my fingers are, apparently.

I'M SO EXCITED

agingdragqueen

Staff

cfalgas wrote:I can't be sure, but I think the original poster meant that they managed to get one this time (today) and the last time they were offered (several weeks ago).

Which is totally fine too, I won't be deleting all willy-nilly regardless, but I do keep mental notes and go back and check on specific peeps. Not creepy, right?

agingdragqueen

Staff

clhug wrote:Thanks for checking. No, I don't have any ad blockers. Everything else on the page refreshed just fine, the percentage dropped periodically, and the "I want one" changed to "Sold out" when the Verzion TV was gone. It's just the shill game graphic never appeared until way later than it was apparently posted to the site. Oh well...

I'll check with 'em again, but I'm not 100% sure it's something on our side. If other peeps are having the same problem, speak up!

clhug

agingdragqueen wrote:I'll check with 'em again, but I'm not 100% sure it's something on our side. If other peeps are having the same problem, speak up!

I suppose it could be a cache issue in my browser. The 2nd one that came up just recently (I think during the ladder?) popped up okay, but was sold out by the time I saw it (just to slow to refresh on my part). Although I was not refreshing constantly before that one like I was during the Visio TV.

EAGLESW00T

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EAGLESW00T
clhug wrote:I suppose it could be a cache issue in my browser. The 2nd one that came up just recently (I think during the ladder?) popped up okay, but was sold out by the time I saw it (just to slow to refresh on my part). Although I was not refreshing constantly before that one like I was during the Visio TV.

So the ladder and the TV worked ok for you?

mightycamels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightycamels
bluejester wrote:Step 5: Miss the old days when a Bungled Original Communicator would just randomly pop up on Woot and you'd madly scramble to the hit "I want one" button only to see the "404" crash screen.

*sigh*

I miss those days.

Yes...It is a sad sad world we live in these days

agingdragqueen

Staff

mightycamels wrote:Yes...It is a sad sad world we live in these days

But look at it this way now, so many more real live people (and not bots) are able to snag 'em!

clhug

EAGLESW00T wrote:So the ladder and the TV worked ok for you?

No. The Bungled Original Communicator that came up during the TV is what did not work for me. It came up on my browser WAY after it was actually apparently posted on the web site. During that one I was refereshing my browser constantly. Then once that one did finally pop up for me and I saw it already sold out, I did not expect another one so soon so I was not refreshing regularly. I happened to refresh once during the ladder and saw a new Bungled Original Communicator appear, but it was already too late since I hadn't been refereshing regularly, so that one appears to have popped up properly and I just missed it on my own.

P.S. I like how the site substitutes various random phrases for when I type in the acronmym "B" "O" "C". Funny. I always figured people were typing the various phrases in themselves.

lvl99link

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvl99link

I haven't seen one since the ladder.

regroeg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages regroeg
clhug wrote:Did you mistype the "oh" at the end for a zero? I did that originally too and got the invalid page. Finally tried a zero and got it, but sold out by then.

I tried O and 0 multiple times, maybe it's just a busy signal.

lola22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lola22
agingdragqueen wrote:I'M SO EXCITED

I'M SO… SCARED

dusttones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dusttones

sold out once i hit the place order button.

trlenoir

quality posts: 3 Private Messages trlenoir

woot!!!!

got the Bungled Original Communicator after missing out on the Crapmas Bungled Original Communicator that kept taunting me!

traceyalpn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traceyalpn

Aaaarrrrgh!!!! Foiled again!

spawan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spawan

Slipped by again!!!

EAGLESW00T

dusttones wrote:sold out once i hit the place order button.

At least you got that far. Ive been F5ing for 45 minutes, got the middle link on the first try, and already sold out, lol

Normally, Bungled Original Communicator are put up while Im asleep. Today, Im just having bad luck or slow

Still 0 for 5 years.

firedown31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firedown31

"Oh last time it was a capital 'o' and not a zero, it must be the same this time." LOLNOPE =( sold out.

EAGLESW00T

firedown31 wrote:"Oh last time it was a capital 'o' and not a zero, it must be the same this time." LOLNOPE =( sold out.

Same :|

marissakuf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marissakuf

Randomly refreshed the Quad-Core and had the banner appear, typed in the url and got my Bundle of Cats!

trlenoir

quality posts: 3 Private Messages trlenoir

FYI - I tried the left, then the right, then the middle and finally got the Bungled Original Communicator - I guess I was just fast enough this time around . . . . . . .

Finally got crap - the first crap since the crap treasure hunt/crossword puzzles

littleghettoazn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littleghettoazn

is it random link? or is there a pattern of which of the 3 it is? hah

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

Good morning/afternoon Wooters!

It's like almost 12PM for me right now, how many craps did I miss already? -cries-

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

swifijon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swifijon

Shoot. Do I need to be constantly hitting F5. I missed it by a couple minutes.

goudaman40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goudaman40
joshobra wrote:Good morning/afternoon Wooters!

It's like almost 12PM for me right now, how many craps did I miss already? -cries-

I think there have been 5 so far today

goudaman40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goudaman40
swifijon wrote:Shoot. Do I need to be constantly hitting F5. I missed it by a couple minutes.

yes, the picture shows up at random times - its not like the others where it was in the description

alan14225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alan14225

missed it

EAGLESW00T

trlenoir wrote:FYI - I tried the left, then the right, then the middle and finally got the Bungled Original Communicator - I guess I was just fast enough this time around . . . . . . .

Finally got crap - the first crap since the crap treasure hunt/crossword puzzles

Thats messed up. I got the correct link first try, just hit O instead of 0. Got the wrong page, deleted the last digit, switched it, and sold out.

How did you have enough time to get 2 links wrong and still buy one on the third? I refreshed every 10 seconds, so it was literally no more than 15 seconds for me to have them sold out.

slang67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slang67

I picked the middle link typed it in and first got some type of Chinese or Japanese site, then got a Reuters news site, then got to some Zazzle page, now it's Reuters! I'm confused... The other two said game over.

7/11/14 Birthday Celebration TAKITTEI

baddawg12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baddawg12
slang67 wrote:I picked the middle link typed it in and first got some type of Chinese or Japanese site, then got a Reuters news site, then got to some Zazzle page, now it's Reuters! I'm confused... The other two said game over.

Change the O to a 0

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

I tried the wrong one first, then tried the correct link. Added to my cart and tried to order, but it made me sign in again. I had just signed in about 2 minutes before that, but that was on the other browser. I had one browser up on woot.com, which was signed in. However, the other browser that I typed in the bit.ly URL wasn't signed in. Oops. I was still able to click the button to place the order, but got put in the waiting room (Not the Antechamber of Doom) and then denied because they ran out.

slang67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slang67
baddawg12 wrote:Change the O to a 0

Ah, of course, that worked, but sold out. Dang it.

7/11/14 Birthday Celebration TAKITTEI

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra
goudaman40 wrote:I think there have been 5 so far today

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

chuckj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckj

This is absolutely bullsh*t. I have guessed right on the first try every banner and it is STILL SOLD OUT. pon farr THIS WOOT. GIVE US MORE BAGS OF CRAP, YOU KNOW YOU ONLY GIVE SOMETHING NICE LIKE .0001% OF THE TIME.

jgdovin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgdovin

Woot! Got my first Bungled Original Communicator and I have been a member forever I was the last purchase of this most recent Bungled Original Communicator it was a rush because it had signed me out, and I had already typed in both wrong url's as well as typing the correct url in wrong, but I guess I got lucky! Thank you woot!

EAGLESW00T

jgdovin wrote:Woot! Got my first Bungled Original Communicator and I have been a member forever I was the last purchase of this most recent Bungled Original Communicator it was a rush because it had signed me out, and I had already typed in both wrong url's as well as typing the correct url in wrong, but I guess I got lucky! Thank you woot!

Congratulations

agingdragqueen

Staff

In case you're tired of the shill game, there is also a very low effort, free sweepstakes happening this afternoon, see the deets here til 5pm CT (and there will be another tmw!).

ZSmasher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZSmasher
agingdragqueen wrote:In case you're tired of the shill game, there is also a very low effort, free sweepstakes happening this afternoon, see the deets here til 5pm CT (and there will be another tmw!).

Hey just wanted to ask, since this contest is for the Roku, I am assuming you can enter even if you scored on the Bungled Original Communicator Not ALL Craps will have Roku's, right?