manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Jertyrael wrote:I wrote support but now I've realized I made an error. The tracking I got from UPS was from a package I ordered from Amazon... but there still remains no tracking for the roku o_O *feeling slightly stupid right now*

No worries! I'll ping them and let them know it was premature. I've also read quite a few comments where people's Rokus were showing up without tracking, so who knows.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael
manhandsha wrote:No worries! I'll ping them and let them know it was premature. I've also read quite a few comments where people's Rokus were showing up without tracking, so who knows.

*fingers crossed*

sorry, again, for being such a dingbat >.<

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Jertyrael wrote:*fingers crossed*

sorry, again, for being such a dingbat >.<

Hahaha! My mom used to say dingbat all the time. You're not a dingbat. *Don't tell anyone* but I pinged CS yesterday because I confused one of my own orders, too.

Obviously a momentary lapse in my reading abilities when I read the shipping date...

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jaymaj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaymaj

If only I could get Woot to resend my Ruko...

jaymaj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaymaj

Thanks Lichme for getting me a nice bonus for the big game...

Who knew photoshopping could be so rewarding!

Thanks again.

mystery250

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mystery250

The guy that got the 810 pounds of twist ties should attempt the Guinness record for the most twist ties tied together. There's plenty of useless records Guinness records, might as well add another!

jthebird1977

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jthebird1977
mystery250 wrote:The guy that got the 810 pounds of twist ties should attempt the Guinness record for the most twist ties tied together. There's plenty of useless records Guinness records, might as well add another!

hmmm. useless record or cash. yeah, i'm for the useless record too ;)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Jertyrael

Sure has gotten quiet around here. I hope everyone's enjoying the superbowl and whatnot :P

Anyone else hoping for their Roku to be delivered Monday?

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92
Jertyrael wrote:Sure has gotten quiet around here. I hope everyone's enjoying the superbowl and whatnot :P

Anyone else hoping for their Roku to be delivered Monday?

All about the Cockroach Bowl!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2PJ2suy9s8#t=31

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

Jertyrael

sellbuyer92 wrote:All about the Cockroach Bowl!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2PJ2suy9s8#t=31

Riveting.

alan14225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alan14225

Still no roku yet

jsun005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsun005

Just wanted to post that my roku just came in today! Got a second email but no follow up on the tracking. Thanks Woot!

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen
dschneider wrote:Received my Roku!

Doesn't work...

I know they don't normally help with DOA crap, but since the Roku was part of a promotion thing of some sort, I'm wondering if they might help here. Worth a shot.

You might try checking discussions from previous sales. I think various people have had various problems in the past, and there might be some good suggestions.

Palonge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Palonge

My Roku also came today.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

For those of you getting ROKUs:

You won't get a tracking number because we don't have an order to connect to. I could give a long winded explanation but I'll leave it at that.

If you're having trouble getting it to work, note that you must pair the remote to the Roku.

How to pair your Roku player with the Enhanced remote:
• Open the battery compartment and carefully insert the provided batteries into the slots, following the correct battery orientations (Note: the front LEDs on the remote will flash indicating it is ready to pair to your Roku player)
• Power up the Roku player by connecting the provided power adapter to the Roku player and to an available wall outlet.
• Turn on your TV and select the correct TV input
• Note that during the startup process, the Roku enhanced remote will automatically pair to your Roku player (the front LEDs will stop flashing)

If the Enhanced remote does not pair to the Roku player, please use the following directions:
• Open the battery compartment and locate the pairing button found inside the battery compartment
• Simultaneously hold down both the A and B game buttons (on front side) while pressing and holding down the pairing button for 3 seconds. (front LED will blink)
• Remove and reinsert the batteries, following the correct battery orientations (Note: the front LEDs on the remote will flash indicating it is ready to pair to your Roku player)
• Power up the Roku player by connecting the provided power adapter to the Roku player and to an available wall outlet
• Turn on your TV and select the correct TV input
• Note that during the startup process, the Roku enhanced remote will automatically pair to your Roku player (the front LEDs will stop flashing)

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spikejames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikejames

Got my Roku last night. They've gotten smaller! Haven't had time to set it up yet, but if it's a brick, at least it's a very small one...

Jertyrael

I'm glad people are getting their Rokus I'm excited. I hope those with "bricks" can figure out how to get them working.

I'm still anxiously awaiting mine! Hope remains!

gti87

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gti87

Received the cutest little red Angry Birds Roku yesterday. Setup took minutes and we are now happily streaming tons of content in our home! It's all sorts of AWESOME! Thanks Woot!

johare1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johare1

Received mine today as well. Had a line reading "THE ABOVE ITEM IS PART OF YOUR ORIGINAL WOOT SHILL GAME! 000.000.0000" embedded in the middle of the address. Thought that may have delay it, but nope....started it's long journey from Las Vegas to Orlando on 1/29 making stops in Phoenix, El Paso, Abilene, Mesquite, Jackson and Jacksonville on the way here.

Probably won't have time to test it for a day or two, but glad it's finally here!

d3ic3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages d3ic3

Got My Roku 2 XS Angry Birds Edition today! Thank you so much woot for everything it was awesome and I plan on checking out the Betas and hope I have a new favorite show.

Thank You again!

D3Ic3

kirscherj2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirscherj2
BonoMan wrote:Got my Bungled Original Communicator in today!

Lets see:

1 X Travis Matthews Golf Shorts. I play golf but they're a size 32 (I'm a 34 ).

I got my surprise SECOND Broken Ox Cart Monday!

BonoMan's Bungled Original Communicator (A.k.a. crap from his desk) has found its home on mine!

Thanks BONOMAN! I forgot I bought the shorts and the extras were a fantastic suprise!

uslam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uslam

Got an Angry Birds addition Roku 2 yesterday. Seems to be working fine. Thanks Woot! Great bags of crap!!

Jertyrael

My much-anticipated Angry Birds Roku arrived today and unfortunately it's a complete brick. It shows zero signs of life despite my best efforts.

*sigh*

Maybe if I feed it ham or some other pork product it will come to life.

I'll let you all know after I smother bacon grease all over it whether or not it resolves the issues.

*update* I wonder what the sticker on the bottom means? "B-STK. KR"

*second update* I taunted the Angry Bird Roku with a pig sitting on a caged bird. It did not rouse the sleeping Roku.

johare1

Jertyrael wrote:My much-anticipated Angry Birds Roku arrived today and unfortunately it's a complete brick. It shows zero signs of life despite my best efforts.

*sigh*

Maybe if I feed it ham or some other pork product it will come to life.

I'll let you all know after I smother bacon grease all over it whether or not it resolves the issues.

*update* I wonder what the sticker on the bottom means? "B-STK. KR"

*second update* I taunted the Angry Bird Roku with a pig sitting on a caged bird. It did not rouse the sleeping Roku.

Mine has the same sticker and seems to work fine. B-STK is B Stock. KR is maybe the initials of who inspected it?

Does your exhibit any sign of life like the power light coming on?

zSlider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zSlider

I'm glad to see people are still getting the 2nd Box. I got the second email, but I'm still waiting and I was starting to think I was the only one.

Jertyrael

zSlider wrote:I'm glad to see people are still getting the 2nd Box. I got the second email, but I'm still waiting and I was starting to think I was the only one.

Let's hope you get one that isn't a brick

I don't so much as get the status light to flicker dimly as if trying to speak its last words.

johare1

Jertyrael wrote:Let's hope you get one that isn't a brick

I don't so much as get the status light to flicker dimly as if trying to speak its last words.

You do or don't get status light to flicker? I wonder if it could be as simple as the power supply?

Might want to contact Amazon or Roku. If these are B Stock they should carry a warranty

http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?p=367857&sid=a7549de30ef6b19f0e2c8cbf706680f1

Jertyrael

johare1 wrote:You do or don't get status light to flicker? I wonder if it could be as simple as the power supply?

Might want to contact Amazon or Roku. If these are B Stock they should carry a warranty

http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?p=367857&sid=a7549de30ef6b19f0e2c8cbf706680f1

I *do not* get a light. Not even a flicker. It should indicate something when it's powered, as per the manual, but I get nothing. I went through all my old power supplies hoping to find the proper voltage and size to power it with just that hope, that it needed a functioning adapter. Unfortunately I didn't have a proper adapter to replace the one I came with.

I'm pretty confident they are all "Recertified" but this one shouldn't have passed inspection.

I'll check out that forum link you sent me. Thank you for that. I'll have to read it tomorrow as I'm about to zonk off.

Good luck for when yours arrives (hopefully soon!)

Jertyrael

Forum is officially dead... I was going to ask what I should do with this dead Roku :\

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Jertyrael wrote:Forum is officially dead... I was going to ask what I should do with this dead Roku :\

Sorry for the late response.

If you're still experiencing issues and have already contacted Roku support, please feel free to shoot an email to support@woot.com and let them know what's going on with your Roku.

I'm sure they'll be able to help you find a resolve.

jimsinkorea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimsinkorea

Looks like my Bungled Original Communicator is stuck somewhere in CA, can you find my lost Bungled Original Communicator WOOT?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jimsinkorea wrote:Looks like my Bungled Original Communicator is stuck somewhere in CA, can you find my lost Bungled Original Communicator WOOT?

If you're still shipping to an FPO, the delivery time is going to be much longer than usual.

I would write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and inquire about the delivery status/tracking information.
They should be able to tell you when it will be delivered.

BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan
kirscherj2 wrote:I got my surprise SECOND Broken Ox Cart Monday!

BonoMan's Bungled Original Communicator (A.k.a. crap from his desk) has found its home on mine!

Thanks BONOMAN! I forgot I bought the shorts and the extras were a fantastic suprise!

Haha! Glad you liked it. The Aflac duck was my very first one when I started at my job in 2007 (our Aflac rep gives us a new one each year).

The SourceCode luggage tag came from one of Duncan Jones' friends/marketing guy (no lie!).

The little square puppet came from a guy around here that does a lot of grip and gaffing work on jobs for us. He does puppet work as a hobby (worked with some Sesame Street and PBS guys a lot). He builds those on set to pass the time.

The Nasty Clamps bracelet came from some equipment we ordered.

The email light was one of my very first orders from Woot.

The little Godzilla came from a friend of mine Jesse Labbe (artist at http://amityink.com/). We were coming up with a monster vs military game (that is about to an actual boardgame in the next year or so) and he gave me that for inspiration.

The EmergenC I just take sometimes for energy!

kaoking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaoking

Not sure if this thread is still alive but maybe I can get a little support. I was one of the people who got an email saying I had an extra bit of crap on the way, it's been a while now and I've still not seen it, nor do I have any tracking or information on the delivery. I contacted support@woot.com but all they did was tell me to look at my receipt. Well the receipt only has the order information for the Bug-eyed Organic Creature, do I contact Roku or is it still Woot? Thanks.

marissakuf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marissakuf

Oops...really late, but here is the Bungled Original Communicator I received.

Clone Wars 2012 calendar
Woot 2012 calendar
Spill and Spell game
Camera bag
Duffel bag
Woot shirt, W Large
5 in 1 Emergency Whistle
3 bags of air

Thanks Woot. I'm especially excited about the bags of air, which make convenient pillows for my baby nephew! ;)

Edit: I give up trying to post the picture.