zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Life + Gear 300 Lumen Flashlight 2-Pack
Price: $9.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jan 20 to Tuesday, Jan 21) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
1/16/2014 - $14.99 (Woot-off) - 2 comment(s)
12/20/2013 - $14.99 - 22 comment(s)
12/9/2013 - $14.99 - 18 comment(s)

12/16/2013 - $14.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3178 Private Messages lichme

Learn all about Life Gear's awesome battery recycle program and let's learn all about Life Gear

amemait wrote:Definition of IPX4 water resistance (from Wikipedia): Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect. Test duration: 5 minutes. Water volume: 10 litres per minute. Pressure: 80–100 kPa.

Translation: You can splash it with water (i.e. use it in the rain), but don't drop it in or immerse it in water.
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

bejbis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bejbis
lichme wrote:Learn all about Life Gear's awesome battery recycle program and let's learn all about Life Gear

What type and how many batteries do they take? Are they included?

homerec130

quality posts: 0 Private Messages homerec130
bejbis wrote:What type and how many batteries do they take? Are they included?

3-AAA and they are NOT included. Found this under features.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

3x AAA. Not included.

Will this make me like Hit Girl?!

Switch to Kryptonite!

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

lichme

I believe you register at Life Gear. Then you choose which product you bought, and where you bought it from.

See Here for info on how to use it. They will recycle their own batteries and send you new ones, you just pay shipping.

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

joetravel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joetravel

Do these have a metal case on the outside? The picture seems to show a black rubber like cover. It would matter for the application I'm interested in. Thanks.

RogerB

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RogerB
joetravel wrote:Do these have a metal case on the outside? The picture seems to show a black rubber like cover. It would matter for the application I'm interested in. Thanks.

Indeed, a metal one would make more noise when you accidentally drop it in the museum you are burglarizing.

jamos83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamos83

My husband would love these. Too bad i'm not buying them for him.

wootyougot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootyougot

Whoops, posting in the wrong place. Nice lights.

SavingSista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SavingSista
RogerB wrote:Indeed, a metal one would make more noise when you accidentally drop it in the museum you are burglarizing.

That would indeed be unfortunate.

shankerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shankerd

I want these but its charging me shipping again. I thought woot only charges $5 shipping for all orders placed within the same day.

lichme

shankerd wrote:I want these but its charging me shipping again. I thought woot only charges $5 shipping for all orders placed within the same day.

See This Thread

Once woot got a shopping cart, it was changed to $5 per order. The $5 was never meant to be permanent, and was always advertised as temporary.

joetravel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joetravel
RogerB wrote:Indeed, a metal one would make more noise when you accidentally drop it in the museum you are burglarizing.

Other than the humorous responses is there an answer to my question?

Accelerator

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Accelerator
shankerd wrote:I want these but its charging me shipping again. I thought woot only charges $5 shipping for all orders placed within the same day.

That was before they came up with the shopping cart. Now you have to gather all your purchases in the cart before you check out. The entire order in the cart ships for $5 but once you check out the shipping charge resets. This is really no good for Woot! offs. Or days when the "one deal a day" site sells out and then offers another item for sale.
What say you Woot!? How bout allowing free shipping when the customer has already purchased the Woot! of the day and then after selling out Woot! presents a second Woot! Or, Woot Offs. (This might increase those impulse buys that Woot! Offs encourage) I have a feeling I would buy more if the shipping wasn't assessed every ~15 minutes during a Woot! Off

sremick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sremick

I keep seeing cool flashlight deals, but inevitably they all have some stupid series of "modes" you have to click through just to get to "bright" and then "off" again. It's annoying as hell.

I really hate this trend. I really wish you could still by cool, bright mini LED flashlights that are just ON/OFF without any gimmicky "modes" you have to cycle through every time. ARGH.

scrogged

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrogged

Coming from a flashlight hobby background, strobe gets obnoxious. It's a wonderful treat when you find a quality light that has "hidden" modes, which would contain strobe. You actually have to go through a certain sequence to activate those modes. But even that's more complicated than it's worth (and mostly not necessary).

I get that this is still a great deal for what should still be quality lights, but strobe is getting old. Two modes - high/low - is perfect. It's still nice to have low because it preserves battery life and high is just one click/press away.

I would have jumped all over these as gifts but there are other options around this price that don't include strobe.

scrogged

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrogged
joetravel wrote:Other than the humorous responses is there an answer to my question?

It's almost certainly bare aluminum. Then the question is whether it's anodized or not. Anodizing would give it much better protection but it's only aesthetic.

When a light is coated or covered in a rubber material it can affect heat dissipation and the life of the LED emitter. However, it would probably be okay in a light of this size with the emitter it contains (should be XP-G)

mwarrenus

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mwarrenus
lichme wrote:Learn all about Life Gear's awesome battery recycle program and let's learn all about Life+Gear

Life+Gear's battery recycling program smells of green-washing. Their "handling" fees exceed the cost of buying new batteries.

To actually reduce the environmental impact of flashlight batteries, Life+Gear should offer rechargeable batteries for their flashlights.

jamilworm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jamilworm
scrogged wrote:It's almost certainly bare aluminum. Then the question is whether it's anodized or not. Anodizing would give it much better protection but it's only aesthetic.

It is anodized aluminum, that's how it's black. Bare aluminum would be silver.

shankerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shankerd
Accelerator wrote:That was before they came up with the shopping cart. Now you have to gather all your purchases in the cart before you check out. The entire order in the cart ships for $5 but once you check out the shipping charge resets. This is really no good for Woot! offs. Or days when the "one deal a day" site sells out and then offers another item for sale.
What say you Woot!? How bout allowing free shipping when the customer has already purchased the Woot! of the day and then after selling out Woot! presents a second Woot! Or, Woot Offs. (This might increase those impulse buys that Woot! Offs encourage) I have a feeling I would buy more if the shipping wasn't assessed every ~15 minutes during a Woot! Off

Thanks,

I was thinking of buying these and now that I think of if it was an impulse lol. I already have a lot of these. I guess I can save my $10 :-)

nicholson317

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicholson317
joetravel wrote:Other than the humorous responses is there an answer to my question?

Yes they are metal, and quite sturdy. I've purchased them twice (once was yesterday which i'm regretting since I could've saved $5 by getting them a few hours later) and I'm very happy with them.

nicholson317

sremick wrote:I keep seeing cool flashlight deals, but inevitably they all have some stupid series of "modes" you have to click through just to get to "bright" and then "off" again. It's annoying as hell.

I really hate this trend. I really wish you could still by cool, bright mini LED flashlights that are just ON/OFF without any gimmicky "modes" you have to cycle through every time. ARGH.

It's a very useful feature if you're using it as a tac light. Strobing allows you to illuminate a bad guy enough to shoot them, while disorienting them with the light. This one serves pretty well, but I think most people looking to do something like that might aim at the higher end of the flashlight market.

nicholson317

Am I the only one that feels a little disappointed about buying these yesterday only to see them $5 cheaper today? I bought them a while ago, but things change over time. I bought another set last night at ten and by one am they were marked down.

Pretty poor service Woot...

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace
nicholson317 wrote:

Agreed

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

Wow -- did the Dickies jacket that was today's deal sell out?

If so, isn't that the first time in a good while that the main woot item has sold out? Sorta like the old Woot -- it was actually a Great Deal that is affordable.

And, if today's original deal did sell out, what's up with replacing it with another 'deal'? That is not the Woot way!

Woot -- what kind of profit monster have ye become?

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002

woot staff: are these packaged individually or in a single package? i'm wondering if i can buy several and give individual flashlights to different people (3 x 2 packs and give to 6 people). thanks!

I just keep buying more and more crap...

d4tonyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d4tonyd

I get similar flashlights free with min $10 purchase coupons from Harbor Freight - including batteries.
They also regularly discount a 2 pack with one set of batteries for about $3.
Are these any different?

Ill By N E Thing

buckdavet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buckdavet
nicholson317 wrote:Am I the only one that feels a little disappointed about buying these yesterday only to see them $5 cheaper today? I bought them a while ago, but things change over time. I bought another set last night at ten and by one am they were marked down.

Ya, when I bought a couple of these a few weeks ago (for $5 more also) they "sold out". Now another batch seemed to drop out of the sky. Sheeessh! I'm in anyway...

buckdavet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buckdavet
wvutkep1002 wrote:woot staff: are these packaged individually or in a single package? i'm wondering if i can buy several and give individual flashlights to different people (3 x 2 packs and give to 6 people). thanks!

The two I bought a couple weeks ago came 'loose' packed... each wrapped in their own bubble wrap. Nothing fancy.

bluemidget

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluemidget
Accelerator wrote:That was before they came up with the shopping cart. Now you have to gather all your purchases in the cart before you check out. The entire order in the cart ships for $5 but once you check out the shipping charge resets. This is really no good for Woot! offs. Or days when the "one deal a day" site sells out and then offers another item for sale.

reading this reminded me of a chuckle I got the other day reading a lady complaining she didn't get the free shipping advertised for orders over $86...when she had bought 8 purses for $20 each ( but put put each one in it's own separate shopping cart :-)...or something like that...sounded like a Blonde joke

markmc27

quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27
joetravel wrote:Do these have a metal case on the outside? The picture seems to show a black rubber like cover. It would matter for the application I'm interested in. Thanks.

I have many of these flashlights ( CREE ) they all come made with aircraft aluminum. I think plastic would melt especially 300 Lumen. ONLY BUY THE LIGHTS WITH A ON OFF BUTTON, WHICH IS A BIT HARD TO PUSH IN.WHEN THESE LIGHTS COME WITH A MIRCO PROCESSOR THAT SAYS "LOW BATTERY". THAT SENSOR DRAWS CONSTANT CURRENT OUT OF BATTERIES FAST. CATCH 22

sup68396

quality posts: 21 Private Messages sup68396

Got mine delivered today and they look great. Didn't need the strobe though but the other two settings are nice and it's brighter than any other flashlight I currently have.
Good job Woot!

Keep on Wooting !!!

nicholson317

Note postid="5676886" user="nicholson317"]Am I the only one that feels a little disappointed about buying these yesterday only to see them $5 cheaper today? I bought them a while ago, but things change over time. I bought another set last night at ten and by one am they were marked down.

Pretty poor service Woot...[/quote]

Update!

I just got an email saying that they're sorry and are refunding the difference! Go Woot! That's the spirit I've come to love!

HRMKJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HRMKJ

3 AAA and NO they do not come with any

HRMKJ

d4tonyd wrote:I get similar flashlights free with min $10 purchase coupons from Harbor Freight - including batteries.
They also regularly discount a 2 pack with one set of batteries for about $3.
Are these any different?

These are not even close to the DIME-A-DOZEN ones that Harbor and the other toss in for free. I had a doz of those and took them on a scout trip. By the end of the week we were down to 4 working.

I just got these and they look and feel WAY different. Much better quality.

HRMKJ

sremick wrote:I keep seeing cool flashlight deals, but inevitably they all have some stupid series of "modes" you have to click through just to get to "bright" and then "off" again. It's annoying as hell.

The switch on this is one hit and you are a full -bright. then you can tap the other modes on or click again and it logbook off. You do not have to go through all the modes unless you really want to.

sussler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sussler
HRMKJ wrote:The switch on this is one hit and you are a full -bright. then you can tap the other modes on or click again and it logbook off. You do not have to go through all the modes unless you really want to.

And if it comes on strobe instead of full bright, push the button all the way in and hold for a beat, next time it will come on full bright.